I know the reason why the rivers in the Americas are so much wider

• 286 Replies
?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
Re: I know the reason why the rivers in the Americas are so much wider
« Reply #180 on: September 18, 2013, 09:57:50 PM »
Right there is nothing scientific about it.

« Reply #181 on: September 19, 2013, 07:26:24 AM »
I am bored and you basically ignored most of my points, so I will go through and correct all your typos in addition to responding.

Yes but Africa is like Asia in the sense. Obviously we got to have some continents

Why, John?  Why not just have a single word for every landmass, and only make separations by country and hemisphere?
Im sorry im forgetting the whole point of this topic. Europe Asia and Africa are rightfully continents. The Americas on the other hand are a bunch of islands that are connected to (Mainland) Asias landmass. We are all one landmass connected as one but intelligently divided into Europe Africa and Asia

Nope, sorry.  We're divided into North America, South America, Europe, Australia, Africa, Antarctica, and Asia.  You want us to be divided into only Europe, Africa, and Asia.

The question is, why not simplify it further?  Just make Afro-Eurasia, the culture difference is only around as significant as that between Asia and the Americas, and the geographical separation is even less than that.
It doesnt matter what were alredy divided into. As I said before the scientists have a love afare with the Americas and dont think anything scepticle of it

Already. Affair. Don't. Skeptical.

Why? We must have some divisions
Here is your thought process (point out any flaws):

1. North America does not fit the definition of a continent because it is part of the Asian landmass.
2. Even though NA is separated by an ocean (depth is irrelevent) it is still part of the Asian landmass.
3. Europe and Africa deserve to be continents because they are not part of the Asian landmass. (Even though they are connected by land with no water at all in between)

Conclusion:
1. The land that isn't connected to Asia (NA) is part of Asia.
2. The land that is connected to Asia is not part of Asia.

How does this make sense to you? (The point about NA being islands is irrelevent because a group of closely packed islands can still count as one landmass and a continent.)
1. And because it is islands
2. Depth is relevant. That would be like saying Manhattan isnt part of the Americas because its not connected to it. Yeah exactly
3. They deserve to be continents because they are both completeley seprete in mankind and our not a bunch of islands

Conclusion:
1. The Americas are a chain of islands part of the Asian landmass
2. Africa and Europe are actual continents

Yes but the Americas are part of the Asian landmass

Irrelevant. Completely. Separate.
Europe is just as much a series of Islands, and even more a part of the Asian landmass than the Americas.

They are seperateble by rivers and even though they arent connected to America by land the elevation undersea is pretty high

Except the US is LESS separable by rivers than Europe is.
Seriously, I can travel across the US for longer than the breadth of Europe without crossing

Oh right I forgot. Last time I made a mistake and headed it toward the Artic ocean because I forgot. Ill get on that

You also involved a man made canal at at least one point.

Pretty wide but ill work on a defanition

You need to hurry up with that one, then. Remember, your definition will be applied to Europe, Asia, and Africa as well.

EJ, I assume from the things you've said about yourself that you are from the UK. Have you ever been remotely near the Americas?
The Americas are much larger in wideness

Yes, which makes your nonsense that they are an island chain and not a connected landmass even more nonsensical.

I live in San Francisco brah

You live in denial, really. I am neither your brah, your bro, your buddy, your friend, or any such friendly term. I am also without a doubt far smarter than you, EJ.

EJ, I assume from the things you've said about yourself that you are from the UK. Have you ever been remotely near the Americas?
I think he actually mentioned that he is from the States. He clearly just hasn't traveled.
I have traveled I have been to New York City bro

So, you have gone to NYC from San Fran? Did you fly, drive, or take a train? I'm genuinely curious about this one.

I think he actually mentioned that he is from the States. He clearly just hasn't traveled.

Not the USA, no.  Check his profile, he's from the UIA.  United Islands of America.  Unfortunately, since there's not a country by that name on Earth, we can conclude that EJ is an alien.
Im saying it in promotion of my thoery dont take it so literaly. Alein?! You seriously think im a flippin alien?! Are you crazy?!!!!

I'm. Literally. Theory. Don't. Literally. Alien. I'm. Flipping.

Not the USA, no.  Check his profile, he's from the UIA.  United Islands of America.  Unfortunately, since there's not a country by that name on Earth, we can conclude that EJ is an alien.
Interesting that they have a California on alien planets. Are all trolls from space?
This would also explain how he knows nothing about the earth.
Im not an alein you imbicile what is wrong with you?!

I'm. Alien. Imbecile.

Interesting that they have a California on alien planets. Are all trolls from space?

It is, isn't it?  Perhaps he isn't an alien, but a universe jumper.  He's just screwing around on vacation.

As for trolls coming from space, of course not, nonsense.  Some trolls are born here, only most of them are from space.  You're right, though, if he is an alien from a planet, it could certainly explain a lot.  The best way to troll is either to understand the subject at hand highly in depth, or not at all, and the second could apply easily if he were from the outer reaches of the cosmos.
*facepalm* the stupitity

Stupidity.

Which, incidentally, is a nice, succinct summation of your theories to date.
I think I can add 'smart' to the list of attributes you were lying about in addition to the 'honest' Pyro caught you out on. Not an alien or a universe jumper, just a dumb liar, then.

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #182 on: September 19, 2013, 08:46:57 AM »
All the world's landmass is one contitnent with the exception of Britain, which is separate. Why? Because reasons.

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #183 on: September 19, 2013, 09:06:05 AM »
Britain's not special, it is a part of the North American islands.  That's why the bulk of the colonization of America was from Britain.
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

?

Pyrolizard

• The Militant Skeptic
« Reply #184 on: September 19, 2013, 09:48:34 AM »
Britain's not special, it is a part of the North American islands.  That's why the bulk of the colonization of America was from Britain.

You mean Spain, right?  As in, the country that colonized half of the southern continent, most of southern North America, and quite a few Caribbean Islands?

You're right, though.  Britain and Ireland are part of the North American islands, they're connected underwater.  Greenland isn't though, because something about ice sheets making a group of land more whole.  It's really just a secret continent.
Quote from: Shmeggley
Wherever someone is wrong on the internet, Pyrolizard will be there!

Quote from: Excelsior John
I dont care about the majority I care about Obama.
Let it always be known that Excelsior John is against democracy.

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #185 on: September 19, 2013, 09:59:22 AM »
Mexico, the Caribbean and Central America are a different grouping of islands from the US, Canada,  and Britain.   They are separated by a vast expanse of water, the Rio Grande river.  Spain only colonized Florida from the North American islands.
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #186 on: September 19, 2013, 11:25:10 AM »
Artist depictions of Earth without water:

and then look at this...

It is a bunch of islands  :D

?

Pyrolizard

• The Militant Skeptic
« Reply #187 on: September 19, 2013, 11:33:58 AM »
Mexico, the Caribbean and Central America are a different grouping of islands from the US, Canada,  and Britain.   They are separated by a vast expanse of water, the Rio Grande river.  Spain only colonized Florida from the North American islands.

Ahh, I see!  I didn't even realize, thank you for enlightening me Duck!

Excelsior John

• Ranters
  • Excelsior! Flat Earth FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #188 on: September 19, 2013, 07:51:05 PM »
Abslute genius I wrote. And again with trolling acusations. Can we please get back to the actual discusion!
[/quote]
I know you're not of this world, but perhaps a dictionary would suit your needs in the invasion.  Wrought means having been worked or prepared, as in, 'Look at what you've worked to create.'  At any rate, I'm glad you're coding your words, but you can just PM me with how proud you are of your trolling.  I know what you're doing is genius, no need to pretend you're actually behind what you say in PM.

We're having the discussion, it's the first part of the post.  This is just side chat, ignore if you like.

I'd like to compliment your trolling methods with regards to your terrible quoting, terrible grammar, feigned(or otherwise) ignorance, and terrible spelling.  Keep it up.
[/quote]
What trolling methods?
EJ, there is no real definition for the continents. There are not specific characteristics that they must follow to be continents. The land on earth is split into continents for simplicity. People just decided that this part of the world and that part of the world and these parts of the world should be called continents.

Summary: There are not specific characteristics that landmasses (or groups of islands) must follow to be continents. A continent is just a large area of land that is called a continent so that we can break down the earth into smaller and smaller areas to make it easier to locate places.
Again the Americas are ISLANDS part if the ASIAN LANDMASS (had to captalise if your petty brain couldnt process it)
Right there is nothing scientific about it.
I am reveling the truth. Tell me how this is not scientific
I am bored and you basically ignored most of my points, so I will go through and correct all your typos in addition to responding.
You will correct my typos because you cant correct my points
Yes but Africa is like Asia in the sense. Obviously we got to have some continents

Why, John?  Why not just have a single word for every landmass, and only make separations by country and hemisphere?
Im sorry im forgetting the whole point of this topic. Europe Asia and Africa are rightfully continents. The Americas on the other hand are a bunch of islands that are connected to (Mainland) Asias landmass. We are all one landmass connected as one but intelligently divided into Europe Africa and Asia

Nope, sorry.  We're divided into North America, South America, Europe, Australia, Africa, Antarctica, and Asia.  You want us to be divided into only Europe, Africa, and Asia.

The question is, why not simplify it further?  Just make Afro-Eurasia, the culture difference is only around as significant as that between Asia and the Americas, and the geographical separation is even less than that.
It doesnt matter what were alredy divided into. As I said before the scientists have a love afare with the Americas and dont think anything scepticle of it

Already. Affair. Don't. Skeptical.
Your not adding anything to the discusion
Here is your thought process (point out any flaws):

1. North America does not fit the definition of a continent because it is part of the Asian landmass.
2. Even though NA is separated by an ocean (depth is irrelevent) it is still part of the Asian landmass.
3. Europe and Africa deserve to be continents because they are not part of the Asian landmass. (Even though they are connected by land with no water at all in between)

Conclusion:
1. The land that isn't connected to Asia (NA) is part of Asia.
2. The land that is connected to Asia is not part of Asia.

How does this make sense to you? (The point about NA being islands is irrelevent because a group of closely packed islands can still count as one landmass and a continent.)
1. And because it is islands
2. Depth is relevant. That would be like saying Manhattan isnt part of the Americas because its not connected to it. Yeah exactly
3. They deserve to be continents because they are both completeley seprete in mankind and our not a bunch of islands

Conclusion:
1. The Americas are a chain of islands part of the Asian landmass
2. Africa and Europe are actual continents

Yes but the Americas are part of the Asian landmass

Irrelevant. Completely. Separate.
Again. Spam
Europe is just as much a series of Islands, and even more a part of the Asian landmass than the Americas.
Bullpeepee. The Americas are like Japan (ie ISLANDS stupit). Europe and Asia are like completeley difrent world
They are seperateble by rivers and even though they arent connected to America by land the elevation undersea is pretty high

Seriously, I can travel across the US for longer than the breadth of Europe without crossing

Oh right I forgot. Last time I made a mistake and headed it toward the Artic ocean because I forgot. Ill get on that

You need to hurry up with that one, then. Remember, your definition will be applied to Europe, Asia, and Africa as well.

Yes, which makes your nonsense that they are an island chain and not a connected landmass even more nonsensical.
How? It adds to my thoery

You live in denial, really. I am neither your brah, your bro, your buddy, your friend, or any such friendly term.
How? San Francisco is a perfect example to show you its island status
Quote from: sceptimatic
John is not your average bear is he. He's a daddy grizzly that grabs ridicule and intimidation , folds it up, wipes his bum on it and slings it right back, slap , bang into your face and it's frustrating isn't it?

Excelsior John

• Ranters
« Reply #189 on: September 19, 2013, 07:51:41 PM »
Dang it a ton of it got cut off
John is not your average bear is he. He's a daddy grizzly that grabs ridicule and intimidation , folds it up, wipes his bum on it and slings it right back, slap , bang into your face and it's frustrating isn't it?

?

REphoenix

• Round Earther
« Reply #190 on: September 19, 2013, 08:00:14 PM »
EJ, there is no real definition for the continents. There are not specific characteristics that they must follow to be continents. The land on earth is split into continents for simplicity. People just decided that this part of the world and that part of the world and these parts of the world should be called continents.

Summary: There are not specific characteristics that landmasses (or groups of islands) must follow to be continents. A continent is just a large area of land that is called a continent so that we can break down the earth into smaller and smaller areas to make it easier to locate places.
Again the Americas are ISLANDS part if the ASIAN LANDMASS (had to captalise if your petty brain couldnt process it)

1. Show me the exact lines of where these islands are separated.
2. The island argument is IRRELEVENT
3. Stop being rude.
Anyone with a phoenix avatar is clearly amazing.

?

Pyrolizard

• The Militant Skeptic
« Reply #191 on: September 19, 2013, 08:00:53 PM »
Abslute genius I wrote. And again with trolling acusations. Can we please get back to the actual discusion!
I know you're not of this world, but perhaps a dictionary would suit your needs in the invasion.  Wrought means having been worked or prepared, as in, 'Look at what you've worked to create.'  At any rate, I'm glad you're coding your words, but you can just PM me with how proud you are of your trolling.  I know what you're doing is genius, no need to pretend you're actually behind what you say in PM.

We're having the discussion, it's the first part of the post.  This is just side chat, ignore if you like.

I'd like to compliment your trolling methods with regards to your terrible quoting, terrible grammar, feigned(or otherwise) ignorance, and terrible spelling.  Keep it up.
[/quote]
What trolling methods?
[/quote]

Exactly!  Good job, John.  If you'd like to discuss what you're pretending got cut off, we still can, though.  Keeping up pretenses and all that nonsense.

Excelsior John

• Ranters
« Reply #192 on: September 20, 2013, 04:12:47 AM »

1. Show me the exact lines of where these islands are separated.
2. The island argument is IRRELEVENT
3. Stop being rude.
1. I will gladley create this. Just gimmie some time
2. How? That would be like saying Japan is a continent because it is seperated by water
3. How in any way am I being rude?

What trolling methods?
[/quote]

Exactly!  Good job, John.  If you'd like to discuss what you're pretending got cut off, we still can, though.  Keeping up pretenses and all that nonsense.
[/quote]
It did get cutoff. Ill just redo the hole flippin post just wait a little bit

?

REphoenix

• Round Earther
« Reply #193 on: September 20, 2013, 04:28:14 AM »
Did you read the part that I made huge?

You keep saying that you bring science into FE and that you are an FE scientist. Well, one of the parts of being a scientist is accepting when you are wrong. Being incorrect is not a negative thing, it just means that you have to fix your theory.
Anyone with a phoenix avatar is clearly amazing.

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #194 on: September 20, 2013, 08:36:25 AM »

You mean Spain, right?  As in, the country that colonized half of the southern continent, most of southern North America, and quite a few Caribbean Islands?

You're right, though.  Britain and Ireland are part of the North American islands, they're connected underwater.  Greenland isn't though, because something about ice sheets making a group of land more whole.  It's really just a secret continent.

I think you'll find that greenland is two seperate continents, divided by the fault line. Britain is divided by a small valley just south of Rockall. France is also, technically an island just off the British mainland.

Further, The Moon is an American island and the Sun is technically a part of Spain.

« Reply #195 on: September 20, 2013, 08:42:00 AM »

I correct your typos IN ADDITION to correcting your points, EJ.

Au contraire, I am indeed adding to the discussion, partly by refuting your points, partly by pointing out that you can't even consistently spell simple words, even after repeated correction. While I don't mean to rest on argumentum ad spelling and grammar, your refusal to correct even basic mistakes does show a certain pig-headedness I consider relevant to the proceedings.

Again. Spam

No, not spam. I told you I was going to correct your spelling errors and I did so. I ALSO refuted your erroneous claims.

Bullpeepee. The Americas are like Japan (ie ISLANDS stupit). Europe and Asia are like completeley difrent world

I.E. Stupid. Completely. Different.
And no, the Americas are not like Japan, Japan is a series of Islands distinguished from each other by sea level oceans. The Americas are a singular landmass crossed in placed by fresh water rivers that originate well above sea level and drain towards the oceans.
The Americas total a landmass far greater than that of Europe, as compared to Japan, which has a total landmass roughly equal to perhaps 1/10 of just the contiguous United states, which is itself a mere fraction of the American Landmass.

Theory.
And again you ignore the vast bulk of my response to come back with a complete non answer. However, I suppose I will entertain myself by asking "Okay, How does the additional wideness of the Americas 'add' to your theory that they are merely an Archipelago, and not a singular landmass?"

You live in denial, really. I am neither your brah, your bro, your buddy, your friend, or any such friendly term.

He says, again offering no explanation.
Please, do explain how San Francisco explains how, say, Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa, Nevada, and the remainder of the North American landmass, is just Islands.
Go on. I suspect it will be funny.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 12:27:19 PM by hewholikespie »

?

Pyrolizard

• The Militant Skeptic
« Reply #196 on: September 20, 2013, 09:12:41 AM »

I think you'll find that greenland is two seperate continents, divided by the fault line. Britain is divided by a small valley just south of Rockall. France is also, technically an island just off the British mainland.

Further, The Moon is an American island and the Sun is technically a part of Spain.

Lies, nothing but lies!  The sun is part of Portugal, and Greenland is just one continent because of the glaciers it has!

Excelsior John

• Ranters
« Reply #197 on: September 21, 2013, 06:39:38 AM »
Part 1 of what got cut off:

It does matter what we're already divided into.  What currently stands as fact is that there are seven continents.  When the scientific opinion changes, the fact changes, but the fact at the moment is that the list includes North America, South America, Antarctica, and Australia as their own continents regardless of what you hold to.
Stop kissing up to the "scientists". Science is not dogma. Tell me does science have to stay the same or is it improved? Science is turning into a religion but there is a difrence. Religion is only questionabel through interpatation (dont call me a fanatic for mentioning religion) but science is suposed to always be questioned! Thats why each are seperete! And Antartica is in a way a continent
Science is improved, yes.  When new evidence comes to light.  You've presented no evidence of the Americas being islands, as Europe also has dividing rivers.  You've presented no reason the Americas should be demoted when Europe is not.
Actualley I have evidence. The americas have unusualey wide rivers in comparison
And yes, that was the question.  Why does there have to be any division?
To make sense of this world
Easily doable with just the hemispheres and countries, as well as the oceans.  If you can't locate a country on a map without knowing the name of the continent it's on, you have bigger problems than what should be considered continents.  So again, why have continents at all, rather than just countries and the oceans?
Because we need to name the landmasses
Im saying it in promotion of my thoery dont take it so literaly. Alein?! You seriously think im a flippin alien?! Are you crazy?!!!!

I already said you're not an alien, just a universe jumper.  You admit it freely, you claim to be from the UIA, that's not a country on this Earth.  Even if you're just saying you're from there for promotion, it doesn't and has never existed for you to hypothetically be from.  You're either an alien, or a universe jumper, and a universe jumper seems more likely considering how familiar you are with Earth yet how horribly inept you are with basic facts. 
Im seriously thinking that youve gone from moron to mentel. I said UIA as a joke I am from the USA
Liar, then.  Thanks.
Im not a flippin liar I was being wimsicel
Or, I suppose you could just be a liar or even an imbecile, as you claim of us.  Just pick one so I can keep your persona straight, I can't refer to you as the lying and imbecilic alien-troll-universe jumper.  Too wordy.
I dont pick any of them. I am honest smart human non trolling and non universe jumper
You've already picked one above.  Don't worry, I'll keep it on the down low.
I didnt flippin pick it!

No, I'm not clinically insane, just so you know.  I can't say the same of you, though.
Im not the one acusing people of being aleins
You're right, you're only the alien in question.  It makes sense that your mind doesn't work the same as a human's, so by human standards you may well be insane.

It is, isn't it?  Perhaps he isn't an alien, but a universe jumper.  He's just screwing around on vacation.
This is why I think you are clinicly insane. I am a human born on earth who has never been into space
Perhaps correct your profile, it implies that you're from a country nonexistent on Earth.  Sends the wrong message.

As for trolls coming from space, of course not, nonsense.  Some trolls are born here, only most of them are from space.  You're right, though, if he is an alien from a planet, it could certainly explain a lot.  The best way to troll is either to understand the subject at hand highly in depth, or not at all, and the second could apply easily if he were from the outer reaches of the cosmos.
Again. Flippin nuts
I'm not the one lying about my country of origin.  Really, you have no reason to do so.[/quote]
Not lying
*facepalm* the stupitity

I know, it's amazing, isn't it?  Just step back and look at what you've wrought, the sheer idiocy of what you post.  Just marvelous, I'm sure you agree, even if not on publicly on these forums.  Good to have you back, trollman.  You may not be scepti, but you're still entertaining. 

Bring it up to eleven for your last hurrah, I want to see fireworks, alright?
Wrought? Its wrote stupit. And I steped back and I am proud of the abslute genius I wrote. And again with trolling acusations. Can we please get back to the actual discusion!

What trolling methods?
I am also without a doubt far smarter than you, EJ.
Im sorry but I couldnt help but laugh my eyes out reading this ;D This is the single most idiotic thing ive ever heard. You are a complete and total moron. While I am a genius. Just hilarous ;D
I have traveled I have been to New York City bro

So, you have gone to NYC from San Fran? Did you fly, drive, or take a train? I'm genuinely curious about this one.
Well I flu but thats not the point

I'm. Literally. Theory. Don't. Literally. Alien. I'm. Flipping.
SPAM
SPAM!

I'm. Alien. Imbecile.
Again not adding anything to the discusion. Your only corecting my spelling because you know you cant refute the facts because I am simply just that much smarter than you :-B

*facepalm* the stupitity

Stupidity.

Which, incidentally, is a nice, succinct summation of your theories to date.
I think I can add 'smart' to the list of attributes you were lying about in addition to the 'honest' Pyro caught you out on. Not an alien or a universe jumper, just a dumb liar, then.
Shut up im not a flippin dumb liar. And I am in fact very smart and honest so just shut the heck up bro

Excelsior John

• Ranters
« Reply #198 on: September 21, 2013, 06:51:50 AM »
Part 2 of what got cut off

All the world's landmass is one contitnent with the exception of Britain, which is separate. Why? Because reasons.
No Britain is part of the European landmass
Are you a flippin imbicile?! Britain is no where close to being an American island its a European one! The explanation for colonielization is that they sailed the Atlantic you morons

Spain is part of Europe. It tried to find mainland Asia but insted found the American islands and blantantley asumed they were a huge megacontinent

Britain and Ireland are certaintley not North American islands moron there european islands. And Greenland is a North American island you moron (thus making it Asian). And how the flip is it a secret stinkin continent?! Greenland is just an island like australia
*facepalm* Rio grande? Moron
Artist depictions of Earth without water:

and then look at this...

It is a bunch of islands  :D

:) Ah...and look at how connected Alaska and Siberia are. Thank you for further proving my thoery rootingroom :) Thank you

Ahh, I see!  I didn't even realize, thank you for enlightening me Duck!
To morons talking about falses

Excelsior John

• Ranters
« Reply #199 on: September 21, 2013, 07:08:04 AM »
Did you read the part that I made huge?

You keep saying that you bring science into FE and that you are an FE scientist. Well, one of the parts of being a scientist is accepting when you are wrong. Being incorrect is not a negative thing, it just means that you have to fix your theory.
I know that. If I relized I was wrong I would accept it like I have before. But I am not wrong here

Chris please tell me. Are you realey being flippin serious right now?

I correct your typos IN ADDITION to correcting your points, EJ.
No you dont I constantley refute your points and embaras you

Au contraire, I am indeed adding to the discussion, partly by refuting your points, partly by pointing out that you can't even consistently spell simple words, even after repeated correction. While I don't mean to rest on argumentum ad spelling and grammar, your refusal to correct even basic mistakes does show a certain pig-headedness I consider relevant to the proceedings.
I can spell simple words shut up. And what basic mistakes? If I made a mistake ill acept it but show me what these (supposed) "mistakes" were
Again. Spam

No, not spam. I told you I was going to correct your spelling errors and I did so. I ALSO refuted your erroneous claims.
No you didnt you didnt do jack

I.E. Stupid. Completely. Different.
And no, the Americas are not like Japan, Japan is a series of Islands distinguished from each other by sea level oceans. The Americas are a singular landmass crossed in placed by fresh water rivers that originate well above sea level and drain towards the oceans.
The Americas total a landmass far greater than that of Europe, as compared to Japan, which has a total landmass roughly equal to perhaps 1/10 of just the contiguous United states, which is itself a mere fraction of the American Landmass.
I.e. you are a moron
Japan is like a series of islands? Hmm what is that like? Oh yeah! The AMERICAS!!!!!!!! And I knw its bigger than Europe but we already knew Asia was flippin huge

Exsqueeze me but does Europe have the Amazon the Misisipi the st Lawrence the Great Lakes the rio grande etc?!

Where?

Theory.
And again you ignore the vast bulk of my response to come back with a complete non answer. However, I suppose I will entertain myself by asking "Okay, How does the additional wideness of the Americas 'add' to your theory that they are merely an Archipelago, and not a singular landmass?"
Because it furthers the divide between these islands to give it more credibilitey than Europe

He says, again offering no explanation.
Please, do explain how San Francisco explains how, say, Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa, Nevada, and the remainder of the North American landmass, is just Islands.
Go on. I suspect it will be funny.
Im just saying San Francisco is so out there. Just forget it not proving my point

Lies, nothing but lies!  The sun is part of Portugal, and Greenland is just one continent because of the glaciers it has!
Stop acting like a flippin moron what an idiotic thought

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #200 on: September 21, 2013, 07:27:10 AM »

Precisely as serious as you are.

Think about it, have you ever been to Spain and had it not be sunny? Clearly the Sun and Spain are interconnected.

Also, if The Moon isn't an American island, explain why there's an American flag on it...

Checkmate.

Excelsior John

• Ranters
« Reply #201 on: September 21, 2013, 07:36:12 AM »

Precisely as serious as you are.
Wow
Think about it, have you ever been to Spain and had it not be sunny? Clearly the Sun and Spain are interconnected.
Im pretty sure its rained there before and have you ever heard of a thing called NIGHT?
Also, if The Moon isn't an American island, explain why there's an American flag on it...

Checkmate.
Because the Americans sent men on there and they stuck an American flag into the soil. Doesnt mean its a North American island in any way whatsoever

Checkmate

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #202 on: September 21, 2013, 07:42:16 AM »
Im pretty sure its rained there before and have you ever heard of a thing called NIGHT?

Even at night Spain maintains its contact with the sun via the Moon. And it never rains all over Spain at once, it mainly falls on the plains.

Because the Americans sent men on there and they stuck an American flag into the soil. Doesnt mean its a North American island in any way whatsoever

Checkmate

The Apollo missions simply cemented America's connection to the Moon. In many ways it is very similar to the Lewis and Clarke expedition.

Excelsior John

• Ranters
« Reply #203 on: September 21, 2013, 07:45:38 AM »

Even at night Spain maintains its contact with the sun via the Moon. And it never rains all over Spain at once, it mainly falls on the plains.
In that case this could be aplied to any place on earth thus making you argument invalid

Checkmate

The Apollo missions simply cemented America's connection to the Moon. In many ways it is very similar to the Lewis and Clarke expedition.
No its not. We dont own the moon

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #204 on: September 21, 2013, 07:56:59 AM »
In that case this could be aplied to any place on earth thus making you argument invalid

No, you're wrong because of reasons.

That's what a flag means, you fool.

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #205 on: September 21, 2013, 07:59:08 AM »
No problem john!

Actually though I think those pictures shows that all land is connected. If I had a plastic ashtray with bumps in it that protruded from the main surface and then filled it with water.. Isn't all the plastic connected? Isn't your argument NOT that they are connected but that the America's are an island chain?

All of this doesn't matter. The continents are defined by us. Not by specific characteristics.

Excelsior John

• Ranters
« Reply #206 on: September 21, 2013, 08:16:02 AM »

No, you're wrong because of reasons.
And could you please specify these reasons?

That's what a flag means, you fool.
No it doesnt. If I went into Spain and stuck an American flag into the soil that doesnt mean it belongs to the USA
No problem john!

Actually though I think those pictures shows that all land is connected. If I had a plastic ashtray with bumps in it that protruded from the main surface and then filled it with water.. Isn't all the plastic connected? Isn't your argument NOT that they are connected but that the America's are an island chain?

All of this doesn't matter. The continents are defined by us. Not by specific characteristics.
Yes all land is technicaley connected at the bottom of the sea. In fact all the continents are one single landmass of Europe Asia and Africa and there respective islands (with the exception of mid ocean isolated islands such as Oceania). But you have to bring in elevation to the argument. Alaska and Siberia could be praticaley connected like back in the olden days if the land was a little higher

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #207 on: September 21, 2013, 08:25:28 AM »
I realize we need to bring elevation into the argument john. We do, there is a cut off and that cutoff is sea level. The sea is what separates land masses.

Rivers are a different though because those come from a higher elevation. They are not defined by sea level other than the sea being where they end.

Imagine a day at the beach where you and someone else is digging up some "rivers" as the tide comes ashore. If you dug out a river going from the ocean and then up the beach slope and finally back down to a different section of the beach did you just create a new continent? I think not.

Excelsior John

• Ranters
« Reply #208 on: September 21, 2013, 08:43:11 AM »
I realize we need to bring elevation into the argument john. We do, there is a cut off and that cutoff is sea level. The sea is what separates land masses.
No its not. Again that would be like saying Manhattan isnt part of North America (Asia) because its seperated by water. Manhattan is simply an island
Rivers are a different though because those come from a higher elevation. They are not defined by sea level other than the sea being where they end.

Imagine a day at the beach where you and someone else is digging up some "rivers" as the tide comes ashore. If you dug out a river going from the ocean and then up the beach slope and finally back down to a different section of the beach did you just create a new continent? I think not.
From your logic you used in the other quote it sounds like you do think its a new continent

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #209 on: September 21, 2013, 08:56:49 AM »
No its not. Again that would be like saying Manhattan isnt part of North America (Asia) because its seperated by water. Manhattan is simply an island

From your logic you used in the other quote it sounds like you do think its a new continent

No because my definition of continent is about the same as the dictionaries. I use words from the dictionary. The point of the dictionary is to give humans a common ground for communication, otherwise we can't communicate efficiently and we argue about semantics, which is all we've done in this thread.

A continent is defined as landmass and those landmasses are defined as North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia, Africa and Antarctica.

By my logic about sea level a river does not constitute a land separator. Because by definition rivers come from a higher elevation than sea level.