Now Playing (the Video Game Version!)

• 334 Replies

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
Re: Now Playing (the Video Game Version!)
« Reply #240 on: October 31, 2013, 03:41:29 PM »
There's a Dwemer ruin in Redguard.  It must have been the first ever depicted in the franchise.  Amazing.

Genius

• Professor of Geniustology
« Reply #241 on: October 31, 2013, 04:05:10 PM »
There's a Dwemer ruin in Redguard.  It must have been the first ever depicted in the franchise.  Amazing.

How is it amazing?
The earth is round because the space man said so.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #242 on: October 31, 2013, 04:50:36 PM »
The deep, rich lore.  Truly spellbinding.

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
  • The dopest founding father.
« Reply #243 on: November 02, 2013, 12:45:48 AM »
The Stanley Parable was awesome, and everyone that talks shit about it should get punched in the dick.

« Reply #244 on: November 02, 2013, 03:38:01 AM »
What does it look like?

Vindictus

• insightful personal text
« Reply #245 on: November 03, 2013, 12:50:45 PM »
My good taste has been blinded by nostalgia so I'm buying a 2DS for Pokemon Y. Does anyone have a 2DS/3DS and can recommend some other good games available? I figured any Zelda release or Mario Kart would be good choices.

Supertails

• what do i put here
« Reply #246 on: November 03, 2013, 01:40:51 PM »
Why a 2DS? Are you crazy?

Ocarina of Time 3D is an awesome remake (debloodification of the Bottom of the Well) aside. A Link Between Worlds (the sequel to A Link to the Past and second[?] entry in the downfall timeline) is coming out on the 22nd. Fire Emblem: Awakening is supposed to be great and so is Animal Crossing: New Leaf (which I desperately want). Shin Megami Tensei IV, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate= (which individual people have put thousands of hours into)...this is worth looking at:

http://kotaku.com/the-12-best-games-on-the-3ds-5878903
Recently listened to:

Vindictus

« Reply #247 on: November 03, 2013, 01:52:17 PM »
Why a 2DS? Are you crazy?

Because I'm cheap and don't care for the 3D. The 2DS was also more comfortable in the hands than a 3DS :)

Ocarina of Time 3D is an awesome remake (debloodification of the Bottom of the Well) aside. A Link Between Worlds (the sequel to A Link to the Past and second[?] entry in the downfall timeline) is coming out on the 22nd. Fire Emblem: Awakening is supposed to be great and so is Animal Crossing: New Leaf (which I desperately want). Shin Megami Tensei IV, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate= (which individual people have put thousands of hours into)...this is worth looking at:

http://kotaku.com/the-12-best-games-on-the-3ds-5878903

Thanks! I'll definitely check them out. Lots of titles can be gotten for quite cheap.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #248 on: November 07, 2013, 09:54:26 AM »
What does it look like?

I'm not sure how to describe it, really.  There are some pictures on these pages:

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Redguard:Dwarven_Mines

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Redguard:Dwarven_Steam_Pipes

If you were wondering if Bethesda characterized the Dwemer differently in this game than in Morrowind and Skyrim, then the answer is no.  The lore is consistent.  The ruin is unmistakably the product of the same Dwemer we know and love from the later games, same rationalistic culture, same reliance on machinery and steam power over traditional magic, etc.  There are even some Dwarven Spheres as enemies and a Dwarven Centurion as the boss.

PizzaPlanet

• Now available in stereo
« Reply #249 on: November 07, 2013, 09:59:47 AM »
The Stanley Parable was awesome, and everyone that talks shit about it should get punched in the dick.
We should drink lots of beer together and punch Blanko in the dick sometime.
hacking your precious forum as we speak 8) 8) 8)

Supertails

• what do i put here
« Reply #250 on: November 13, 2013, 01:35:21 PM »
So I started Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (free for PS+) yesterday and played about nine hours straight. It's pretty damn good. It makes me think of a mix between Skyrim and Dark Souls, kinda. You can go off anywhere you want and get murdered, it's wide open, fairly difficult and you need strategy rather than grinding and swinging. The gameplay is he best part; fighting is just so damn fluid and fun in this. Ordering my pawns to distract a stray cyclops, then I dramatically sprint up a hill to the side and spring-leap off the top and grab onto the cyclops' face, stabbing its eye and taking off its tusks for loot. I think that's one of my favourite things: the fighting, jumping, climbing and general movement controls remind me insanely of Shadow of the Colossus. The game has flaws, but it's wonderfully fun so far. I like going into places I'm woefully underprepared and underleveled for and barely surviving and winning through sheer evasion and skill, with long battles.
Recently listened to:

?

Blanko

• Terrorist
« Reply #251 on: November 13, 2013, 01:54:42 PM »
Play Dark Souls

PizzaPlanet

• Now available in stereo
« Reply #252 on: November 14, 2013, 09:43:06 AM »
Play Dark Souls
But it's literally the worst game ever.

Also, I got an achievement in Europa Universalis IV.

Luck of the Irish is now the rarest achievement I've unlocked on my Steam profile.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 09:46:18 AM by PizzaPlanet »
hacking your precious forum as we speak 8) 8) 8)

Genius

• Professor of Geniustology
« Reply #253 on: November 14, 2013, 11:13:50 AM »
Playing Arkham Origins. Good game, overall. The online is pretty decent, except for Robin, who is just horrible. I have no problem taking people down as Batman but playing Robin seems fairly impossible. I try silent takedowns but he seems to just jerk and alert my enemy.
The earth is round because the space man said so.

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #254 on: November 14, 2013, 02:24:28 PM »
Play Dark Souls

Luck of the Irish is now the rarest achievement I've unlocked on my Steam profile.

You can play as individual counties on EU?

« Reply #255 on: November 14, 2013, 02:26:44 PM »
Play Dark Souls

Dayum Tyrone!

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #256 on: November 19, 2013, 06:24:59 AM »
I have beaten Redguard!  Hooray!

lore

Supertails

• what do i put here
« Reply #257 on: November 20, 2013, 01:29:42 PM »
I have started BioShock on Steam. I'm about an hour in, but...I think I'd rather wait until I have a better PC so I don't have to play it on lowest settings and still have lag. I want to appreciate how gorgeous the game is in its fullness. :[
Recently listened to:

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #258 on: November 20, 2013, 02:02:25 PM »

« Reply #259 on: November 20, 2013, 02:04:12 PM »
Play Dark Souls
I've gotten my wireless 360 controller receiver now, so I will soon.

Lorddave

« Reply #260 on: November 20, 2013, 02:31:52 PM »
I have started BioShock on Steam. I'm about an hour in, but...I think I'd rather wait until I have a better PC so I don't have to play it on lowest settings and still have lag. I want to appreciate how gorgeous the game is in its fullness. :[
If its the original, you aren't missing much.  Its dark and blue. 
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

?

Crudblud

• Scone Advocate
« Reply #261 on: November 20, 2013, 05:23:50 PM »
Ignore Lorddave. The visual aesthetic of the original Bioshock is great, although I always thought the NPCs looked somewhat "off", and not in the way they're supposed to. Infinite fixed a lot of those problems, although Elizabeth still looked kind of weird.

Supertails

• what do i put here
« Reply #262 on: November 20, 2013, 09:34:59 PM »
Play Dark Souls

This will definitely happen. Assuming I go to GameStop to get A Link Between Worlds this Friday, I will grab (probably) grab Dark Souls while I'm there...aaaaassuming I don't get Animal Crossing: New Leaf or Pokémon X instead. >.>;

IF one of them is cheap enough though I'll probably get it and Dark Souls too, though! I won't have a whole lot of money left, but I'm pretty confident I'll be leaving on Friday with Dark Souls in hand. :] When I'll get to play it, however, is a different story...

To address that further, I still need to beat Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen, which I'm still thoroughly enjoying and not understanding the bad reviews. Maybe DA fixed a lot of the issues with it? Along with that I'll be playing A Link Between Worlds and whichever of the latter two games I get. All of this in conjunction with the fact that I really don't get any chances to go on the PS3 here. If I'm lucky, starting this weekend I may be able to, but I'm not holding out for any such luck anymore.

LaveDave/Crudblud: I've seen the game before, and I find it quite gorgeous, so. :P I love dark atmospheres for games, and how dark, desolate and dreary—with a hint of shiny retrofuturism—it is always held me pretty captivated. The first sighting of Rapture blew my mind when I was younger and it first came out.

Though the NPCs do look weird.
Recently listened to:

Vindictus

« Reply #263 on: November 20, 2013, 10:59:31 PM »
Been playing pokemon y for a week now, today caved and got ocarina of time 3d and mario kart 7. Enjoying my return to pokemon, but I'm more excited for ocarina of time.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #264 on: November 21, 2013, 03:59:46 PM »
Daggerfall is retarded.

I've tinkered with the controls and now the damn thing is at least playable.  I'll see where it goes from here.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 04:18:05 PM by Saddam Hussein »

« Reply #265 on: November 21, 2013, 09:34:23 PM »
Daggerfall is retarded.

I've tinkered with the controls and now the damn thing is at least playable.  I'll see where it goes from here.
Don't go hunt Werewolves without silver, and harpies without dwarven.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #266 on: November 23, 2013, 06:17:25 PM »
I briefly tried out Arena.  It doesn't look like I can change the controls, so fuck that.

?

Blanko

• Terrorist
« Reply #267 on: November 24, 2013, 12:08:40 PM »
So, I bought this:

It should arrive tomorrow. Feel free to recommend games, I'm already pretty set on getting Kid Icarus and Animal Crossing.

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #268 on: November 24, 2013, 12:24:32 PM »
Ooh that's cool. I do want A Link Between Worlds

Mario 3D world is good fun, if a little easy. If you can pick up Pilot Wings cheap then I'd recommend it, the 3D effects are the best I've seen on the console so far.

Vindictus

« Reply #269 on: November 24, 2013, 05:07:48 PM »
So, I bought this:

It should arrive tomorrow. Feel free to recommend games, I'm already pretty set on getting Kid Icarus and Animal Crossing.

I'm surprised, but I'm not sure why.