« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 06:31:08 AM by Adolf Hipster »

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
Re: Ear Problems
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2013, 05:36:38 PM »
Good luck!
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2013, 05:45:15 PM »
get well soon hipster!

?

Adolf Hipster

« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2013, 08:13:00 AM »
It went ok. The doctor said my problems are entirely allergy related and gave me a prescription for a nasal spray to clear up the congestion, which should fix my ear problems.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2013, 08:18:06 AM »
Yay!  Hipster can now go on to be a healthy permanoob.   :D

?

Adolf Hipster

« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2013, 08:18:52 AM »
Yay!  Hipster can now go on to be a healthy permanoob.   :D

>o<

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2013, 01:00:00 PM »
Valsalva manoeuvre.

Having been a pilot I am able to clear or open my Eustachian tubes. I can literally control the muscles and open the tubes to get a little pop in each ear, on demand.

I've definitely never have a problem with water in my ears. I might add that I swim at least 3 times a week. 4 times this week.

Never ever use cotton buds. You ram wax down your ears and then you are boned. A doctor once told me, never put anything in your ear that is smaller than your elbow. I have respected this advice as cardinal law. I haven't had an ear ache since I was a child. No wax build ups. Leave your lug holes alone and they will look after you.

For once some really good advice from Thork.

Years ago, my brother used cotton-wool buds (Q-tips? Sounds weird to me) and went swimming in the sea. His ear got infected and the doctor wasn't sure that he was safe to fly home, what with the pressure differences. We had to wait until the night before the flight for him to announce that the infection and inflamation had gone down enough to fly.