He's misunderstood
He the cleverest troll that ever there was

Is Sceptimatic an imbecile?

• 136 Replies

Thork

• Please do not touch or disturb me.
Is Sceptimatic an imbecile?
« on: July 24, 2013, 01:26:42 PM »
So it is unusual for me to make an out-and-out flame thread about another user.

But Sceptimatic had over 5000 posts. He has decided for whatever reason, to start erasing them all. He is now back as far as April.
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=75781

I find this incredibly imbecilic for a number of reasons, and being someone who had their account deleted I see Scepti's actions as just plain stupid.

I cannot imagine how much time he has spent deleting those posts.

But moreover I am annoyed because of all the time other people put into humouring him and replying to his posts. Now none of those threads make any sense.

I didn't ever shower him with attention as it was, but I doubt I'll respond to anything he posts again. He has literally shit up thousands of threads.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 01:28:13 PM by Ævan »

Re: Is Sceptimatic an imbecile?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 01:39:24 PM »
Hes not mentally sane, even if he was a troll, its probably not a mentally sane troll.

?

Blanko

• Terrorist
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 01:48:44 PM »
You think that's bad? That one guy, Thork, had his whole account deleted, and he had over 10000 posts!

I sure am glad he's no longer with us. He was a moron.

Thork

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 01:50:18 PM »
You think that's bad? That one guy, Thork, had his whole account deleted, and he had over 10000 posts!

That took 30 secs and those posts are still there for your reading enjoyment and for Saddam to necro.

Also, I had over 16,000 posts.

?

Blanko

• Terrorist
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 01:51:42 PM »

That took 30 secs and those posts are still there for your reading enjoyment and for Saddam to necro.

Who the fuck are you?

Thork

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2013, 01:52:29 PM »

Who the fuck are you?
I am Ævan.

?

Blanko

• Terrorist
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2013, 01:56:02 PM »
Yeah, I'm sure that's going to catch on. And in any case, it didn't take 30 secs, it took a week of whining and begging. And in the end it had less impact than Scepti's drama queen effort did, so I'm gonna have to say Thork was the bigger imbecile.

Thork

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2013, 02:16:57 PM »
Yeah, I'm sure that's going to catch on. And in any case, it didn't take 30 secs, it took a week of whining and begging. And in the end it had less impact than Scepti's drama queen effort did, so I'm gonna have to say Thork was the bigger imbecile.

Thork was so awesome, you are still butthurt. Totally forum pwned. And now you know will never have a chance to redeem yourself.

Genius

• Professor of Geniustology
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2013, 02:17:12 PM »
I'm an imbecile when it comes to arguing about anything, really. I suck at it. Even if I feel I'm right, I can't portray my point without being easily beaten by a mixture of sarcasm and semantics.
The earth is round because the space man said so.

Thork

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2013, 02:18:50 PM »
I'm an imbecile when it comes to arguing about anything, really. I suck at it. Even if I feel I'm right, I can't portray my point without being easily beaten by a mixture of sarcasm and semantics.
And yet you called yourself 'Genius'. The irony was not lost on us, even on day one. Idiot! >o<

Genius

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2013, 02:20:02 PM »
And yet you called yourself 'Genius'. The irony was not lost on us, even on day one. Idiot! >o<
Yes, the name was a joke, well done, Ævan.

Thork

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2013, 02:22:29 PM »
No, it wasn't. You just picked poorly. And give the commas a rest, Genius.  ::)

Genius

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2013, 02:35:41 PM »
I don't mind, I know you need someone that isn't a troll to seem genuinely more idiotic than you, so I'll be that guy, just for you buddy :) Don't forget, I could easily have it changed, but I don't, because it's a joke

?

Blanko

• Terrorist
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2013, 02:37:27 PM »

Thork was so awesome, you are still butthurt. Totally forum pwned. And now you know will never have a chance to redeem yourself.

I'm not the one who had his account deleted. And you don't know Thork anyway, he was before your time.

Thork

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2013, 02:42:58 PM »

I'm not the one who had his account deleted. And you don't know Thork anyway, he was before your time.
Everyone knows Thork. The guy was an absolute legend. Almost everyone loved him, but there were a few very jealous haters.

I don't mind, I know you need someone that isn't a troll to seem genuinely more idiotic than you, so I'll be that guy, just for you buddy :) Don't forget, I could easily have it changed, but I don't, because it's a joke
What sex are you? I got as far as finding out that you are spotty and unattractive. Help me flesh out a mental image.

Genius

« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2013, 02:50:19 PM »
What sex are you? I got as far as finding out that you are spotty and unattractive. Help me flesh out a mental image.

Just imagine me as a spotty, fat, androgynous sex person that would make you puke on sight. I don't care to actually show or tell you, and since you'd love for me to be that kind of ugly person, I will.

Thork

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2013, 02:52:36 PM »
Just imagine me as a spotty, fat, androgynous sex person that would make you puke on sight.
I already do. I just wanted a more accurate picture so I could differentiate between you and some of the other spotty, fat, androgynous sex persons that make me want to puke who also post here.

Rushy

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2013, 03:12:55 PM »
Thork is gone. He no longer posts here. Thork no longer posts on these forums.

PizzaPlanet

• Now available in stereo
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2013, 03:33:58 PM »
So it is unusual for me to make an out-and-out flame thread about another user.
Indeed. Usually, you just hijack threads instead of making new ones.
Is this the beginning of a new Æra?
hacking your precious forum as we speak 8) 8) 8)

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2013, 03:40:16 PM »
I guess I'm the only one who thinks he is misunderstood.  I think his thinking isn't that far off from other people's here, the only difference is he wants to basically start at the very beginning. He likes tearing down any knowledge we've built up.  Babies are the smartest because they aren't misinformed like we all are. Perhaps he is Benjamin Button reincarnated.
Quote from: Heiwa
You are ignoring this user. Show me the post.

?

Blanko

• Terrorist
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2013, 03:41:49 PM »
Babies are the smartest because they aren't misinformed like we all are.

Yeah, but they aren't exactly informed either.

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2013, 03:43:42 PM »

You can learn a lot from babies.
Quote from: Heiwa
You are ignoring this user. Show me the post.

?

Blanko

• Terrorist
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2013, 03:49:53 PM »

You can learn a lot from babies.

They wouldn't know.

Lorddave

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2013, 04:06:08 PM »
Deleting posts is only worth it if you realize you wrote something stupid before anyone knows.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2013, 04:07:45 PM »
Deleting posts is only worth it if you realize you wrote something stupid before anyone knows.

Especially considering most of the people arguing with him quoted him. He can't delete those, and thus the threads are still followable, if only barely.

PizzaPlanet

• Now available in stereo
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2013, 04:10:52 PM »
hacking your precious forum as we speak 8) 8) 8)

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2013, 04:33:04 PM »
And this is why members weren't allowed to delete their posts. I am temporarily removing this right pending further discussion. Delete your profile, cool. Delete your posts, no.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2013, 04:37:02 PM »
And this is why members weren't allowed to delete their posts. I am temporarily removing this right pending further discussion. Delete your profile, cool. Delete your posts, no.

Or you could just ban him.

Genius

« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2013, 04:40:56 PM »

You mess with the FES and you mess with the Wilmore.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2013, 04:43:37 PM »
This has happened loads of times before. It will happen again. I really don't mind members deleting their profiles - the only reason we ask them to come through us is to avoid the deletion of posts. But it sucks when threads are full of conversations between one person. It's not fair to everyone here, or everyone who will come here.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord