Comic Books

• 7 Replies
?

cadmium_blimp

• funny, you thought I'd convert, didn't you?
Comic Books
« on: October 20, 2006, 11:56:22 PM »
Anybody read any comic books?  So far, I have Batman:  Dark Knight Returns and Batman:  Year One.  Both of those, in my opinion, were really good.  I'm thinking about buying some X-Men and Iron Man comics.

Quote from: Commander Taggart
Never give up, never surrender!

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
Comic Books
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2006, 12:22:46 AM »
*Glares menacingly*

You a DC Comics guy? DC Comics guys make me very angry...you won't like me when I'm angry...

Aherm...Anyways, I'm an all-out Marvel comics fan. You should read some Spider-Man, too, if you want to get into comics. Probably my favorite superhero out there (in close competition with Gambit). I also reccomend shooting for some Vertigo comics (it's a label). They produce a ton of really great ones.

And for fellow comic book geeks, I'm always open for a valid discussion on the latest goings on of Civil War. It's reaaaaally turning up the heat.

~D-Draw

Comic Books
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2006, 12:25:03 AM »
las time i checked australia didn't have a civil ar, but ill come straight to u if i hear nething!

?

cadmium_blimp

Comic Books
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2006, 12:25:42 AM »
Dude, Batman is pretty much the only DC character I'm interested in.  My dad used to read all that stuff back in the day and when I visited him this summer we watched "Batman Begins."  Because of that movie, I have become really interested in comics.  It seems like every comic book store is exactly the same though.  They are all full of middle-aged guys talking about comic books and playing D&D.  It scares the crap outta me.

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
Comic Books
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2006, 12:29:50 AM »
Quote from: "woopedazz"
las time i checked australia didn't have a civil ar, but ill come straight to u if i hear nething!

It should be out. It's basically a comic that involves all of the Marvel characters. There's like a citizen uprising against the 'superheroes' of Marvel. All the Marvel comics are doing Civil War Tie-ins and everything; it's freaking amazing.

~D-Draw

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
Comic Books
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2006, 12:39:09 AM »
Quote from: "cadmium_blimp"
Dude, Batman is pretty much the only DC character I'm interested in.  My dad used to read all that stuff back in the day and when I visited him this summer we watched "Batman Begins."  Because of that movie, I have become really interested in comics.  It seems like every comic book store is exactly the same though.  They are all full of middle-aged guys talking about comic books and playing D&D.  It scares the crap outta me.
Hey, hey, hey, now. There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with playing D&D. Granted I'm still a teenager, but I'll assume that when I'm older, I'll still be just as geeky. But it's okay, because I still get more women than the average guy, so you know...it works.

~D-Draw

Comic Books
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2006, 12:46:17 AM »
One notable comic by Vertigo is The Invisibles.
ttp://theflatearthsociety.org/forums/search.php

"Against criticism a man can neither protest nor defend himself; he must act in spite of it, and then it will gradually yield to him." -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

?

cadmium_blimp

Comic Books
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2006, 01:42:52 PM »
So has anyone read the V For Vendetta graphic novel?  I hear it was good, but Alan Moore did what he could to distance himself from the movie since he always hates the movies they make out of his comics.