Flight distances - HOW does this fit the flat earth view?

• 79 Replies
Engineer, I bet you cannot answer my questions completely
« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2006, 12:04:09 AM »
Since you’re an engineer and a pilot, you explain how this equipment works without satellites ok.

The signals don't have to come from satellites.  They can come from high altitude lighter than air vehicles or from towers.  It's all in the signal.
-Engineer

It's all in the signal? A radio wave is a radio wave period. Are you really a pilot with a college degree?

Wow, you have really outdone yourself this time. I now realize that you sucked at writing argumentative papers back in English class. You actually sound like an idiot, no offense. Let me explain my rationale. Take T-Mobile for instance, you cannot find signal from them in their non-coverage zones because they don’t have towers there. Ok. Now Satellite phones work anywhere in the world including the desserts and oceans. According to you, this means that these American companies have built towers in every single country in the world. That is not how American companies operate. You can’t build towers anywhere you like. Also xm satellite radio can be received anywhere there is a receiver. But XM is not allowed to build radio towers in any country or ocean for that matter. So you mean to say that all of these companies are in on a conspiracy that that they have bought satellite space. So you mean to say that there are lighter than air aircraft that just hang around airspace waiting for a xm user to tune in. This is not possible due to a term called restricted airspace buddy. You can't have lighter than air aircraft just float the globe. There is no documented proof that lighter than air aircraft float around. Give me textual evidence. Refer me to a credible science book. Show me textual evidence from Serius and XM that they have lighter than air aircraft all around the world just waiting for millions of satellite users. Everything you say is stupid. There is no way you could have passed the first grade. If I can’t get signal from a damn t-mobile tower in India but my satellite phone and xm radio work, then where are the towers? You don’t mean to say that the signals for the satellite equipment are coming from a radio tower in America when t-mobile or any other phone company is incapable of doing so. I would take an intro to a telecommunications class buddy. You’re making this bullshit up. Everything that you have said has been contradicted by people I know. These people include a man I know by the name of Dr. Choi, PhD in physics and calculus from Northwestern University and professors at IU(GO HOOSIERS). I hope you have heard of Northwestern because smart people who know that the world is a globe go there including my sister. So when you are ready to actually answer my entire question I will be waiting.

I suggest you call XM and SERIUS Satellite radio companies and tell them that their companies are operating on a conspiracy theory you ignorant jackass. Also that link that you gave me to those pathetic experiments proves that you are an idiot. Experiments from the 1800's? Are you serious? That douche had no idea what he was doing. The earth's curvature will not become visible at 16 miles you crackass. I can see the entire Chicago skyline from 20 miles away. How about you go to New York and see if you can see London. You will never be able to see London from New York no matter how powerful the telescope. I want answers not uneducated excuses. One more thing, how many women do you get when you tell them that that you think the world is flat? Ugly women that’s what.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/earth/za/index.htm   These experiments prove that this man is not famous and a bible preaching Evilutionist. I have never learned this man's name in school. Oh but great engineer, this man has proven to us through scientific reasoning that the earth is flat. Hahaha. I hope your life doesn't suck at least. I really feal sorry for you, im not joking, any profanity that i have used is due to my frustration and to add a bang to my writing. Anyone else feel free to engage me in an argument. I WILL shut you down.
s the earth really flat?
Maybe it is, maybe it isn't, maybe go fcuk yourself.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
Re: Hey Engineer, Take your time with this one SERIOUSLY
« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2006, 12:48:32 AM »
Quote from: "gogeta2478"

It's all in the signal? A radio wave is a radio wave period. Are you really a pilot with a college degree?

I'm an engineer who also flies.  You do realize that radio signals are used to transmit information, right?  They are not all the same.  You modify the signal to carry useful information.  GPS 'satellites' transmit their position and the precise time.  The reciever uses this info to determine it's position.  

Now Satellite phones work anywhere in the world including the desserts and oceans. According to you, this means that these American companies have built towers in every single country in the world.

I said nothing of the kind.  With some strategically located vehicles and towers, this would provide adaquate cover of the Earth.
So you mean to say that there are lighter than air aircraft that just hang around airspace waiting for a xm user to tune in. This is not possible due to a term called restricted airspace buddy.

Just waiting around? No, they are continuously broadcasting, that's how this stuff works.  What type of restricted airspace are you refering to?  Seeing as how the government determines what's restricted, why would they have a problem puting a vehicle into that slot?
You can't have lighter than air aircraft just float the globe. There is no documented proof that lighter than air aircraft float around. Give me textual evidence. Refer me to a credible science book.

Have you never seen a hot air balloon?  Heard of the Hindenburg?  They are lighter than air vehicles that just float around.  Look it up.
If I can’t get signal from a damn t-mobile tower in India but my satellite phone and xm radio work, then where are the towers?You don’t mean to say that the signals for the satellite equipment are coming from a radio tower in America when t-mobile or any other phone company is incapable of doing so.

You are right, I don't mean to say that, which is why I didn't say that.
I would take an intro to a telecommunications class buddy. You’re making this bullshit up. Everything that you have said has been contradicted by people I know. These people include a man I know by the name of Dr. Choi, PhD in physics and calculus from Northwestern University and professors at IU(GO HOOSIERS). I hope you have heard of Northwestern because smart people who know that the world is a globe go there including my sister.

I can guarantee that I know more Ph.D's than you.  So...what's your point?
The earth's curvature will not become visible at 16 miles you crackass.

The curvature of the earth at 16 miles would give you a drop of 170 ft.  That would be noticeable.
you tell them that that you think the world is flat?

Why would I do that?

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

Hey Engineer, you DIDN'T answer my question
« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2006, 08:02:32 AM »
You still didn't answer the question in full. The fact that companies that operate on satellite technology are all involved in a conspiracy theory is way out of line. I told you that you would never answer my complete question. I also said that if the world was flat, you could see london from New York with a powerful telescope. Do it. Show me. Thats all i ask. Shit, see if you can see the Great Wall of China from New York. If you can do this it will prove that the world is flat. The fact that it is impossible proves that the Earth has a curvature. You will never answer this question in full. Call the satellite companies and tell them that they are feeding shit to the public. You also didn't answer my question about the towers. If xm is actually lying to us and building towers then why doesn't t-mobile do the same and call it satelitte radio. Oh i forgot, they already build towers.  You will never see the Great Wall of China and companies don't run on cospiracies. Enron was the last thing even close to a conspiracy and it was for MONEY. thats right. Business men want money, they dont care about conspiracies. If XM radio was building towers they would just say that technology has advanced and drop the subscription price. Its basic business you idiot. There is no way a flat earth could be possible without a huge global conspiracy. Get over yourself.

One more thing, no shit I've heard of an air baloon. The thing is, i dont see air baloons that brodcasting our satellite radio. Oh yeah, since your a pilot, maybe you could take a picture of one of these ballons as you fly by it considering that there should be many of them taking satelite images and what not. Your making up shit. That would mean that there are secret underground companies whos sole purpose it to conceal the fact that Earth is flat. But then we aren't the only industrialized nation. So the UN must have been formed to keep that fact that the earth is flat a secret right? Oh wait but then you might refute that and say that everyone believes that the earth is round and that there is no conspiracy. I this were true than satellite radio would be shut down for false advertising for not having satellites. I bet your degree taught you that much at least, about business and the REAL world where "we" live. Not your Alice in Wonderland of a reality that contradicts itself many times over. LOL. I am too good, wait, no, I am just speaking the truth. Thats why my argument sounds so much beter. Everything that you have said is not backed by DOCUMENTED PROOF. Sure there are books that say we have air baloons, but where are the books that tell us that air baloons are broadcasting our radio. Which companies manufacture these baloons. Oh yeah, and one more thing, are these baloons... Made in China?
s the earth really flat?

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
Re: Hey Engineer, you DIDN'T answer my question
« Reply #63 on: October 25, 2006, 08:19:23 AM »
you still didnt answer the question in full. The fact that companies that operate on satellite technology are all involved in a conspiracy theory is way out of line. I told you that you would answer my complete question. I also said that if the world was flat, you could see london from New York with a powerful telescope. Do it. Show me. Thats all i ask. Shit, see if you can see the Great Wall of China from New York. If you can do this it will prove that the world is flat.

The atmosphere is not perfectly transparent.  It limits how far you can see.  Also, the height of anything in London would be very small compared to the distance, therefore local terrain variances would prevent you from seeing it.

You will never answer this question in full.

Try writing better.
You also didn't answer my question about the towers.

I told you that not all signals would have to come from towers.
 Enron was the last thing even close to a conspiracy and it was for MONEY. thats right. Business men want money, they dont care about conspiracies.

If the conspiracy is what allows them to make lots of money, then yes, they do care about them.
If XM radio was building towers they would just say that technology has advanced and drop the subscription price. Its basic business you idiot.

If they did that, they would be losing money.  Businesses are not in the business of losing money.  It's basic business you idiot.
There is no way a flat earth could be possible without a huge global conspiracy.

You just now realize this?

-- Bob Hudson

Global Conspiracy
« Reply #64 on: October 25, 2006, 08:23:52 AM »
ok fine, lets go your way.

Question 1
       What does the world have to gain by saying that the world is round?

If the US showed us that the world was flat, it would prove that Christianity was the real religion since a flat earth is referenced in the Bible. Explain to me using real reasons for why it would be beneficial to them conceal this fact. Up until now, science has breeded atheists, this would go the other way.

Question 2
According to you (FE'er), does gravity exist?
s the earth really flat?

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
Re: Hey Engineer, you DIDN'T answer my question
« Reply #65 on: October 25, 2006, 08:28:13 AM »

One more thing, no shit I've heard of an air baloon. The thing is, i dont see air baloons that brodcasting our satellite radio.

That's because you can't see radio waves.
Oh yeah, since your a pilot, maybe you could take a picture of one of these ballons as you fly by it considering that there should be many of them taking satelite images and what not. Your making up shit.

These vehicles are at altitudes not attainable by normal airplanes.  I could never get high enough to take a photograph.  No I am not making up shit, as the private sector has now jumped on the bandwagon and is trying to do the same thing.  Look it up.

That would mean that there are secret underground companies whos sole purpose it to conceal the fact that Earth is flat. But then we aren't the only industrialized nation. So the UN must have been formed to keep that fact that the earth is flat a secret right?

That secret company: the military.  We are not the only industrialized nation.  The UN has other business also.
I this were true than satellite radio would be shut down for false advertising for not having satellites.

Who would shut them down?  Surely not the government.
Not your Alice in Wonderland of a reality that contradicts itself many times over.
Show me one of these times.
LOL. I am too good, wait, no, I am just speaking the truth.

You are good at looking like an idiot.
Sure there are books that say we have air baloon, but where are the books that tell us that air baloons are broadcasting our radio. Which companies manufacture these baloons.

Google it.

-- Bob Hudson

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
Re: Global Conspiracy
« Reply #66 on: October 25, 2006, 08:48:22 AM »

What does the world have to gain by saying that the world is round?
According to you (FE'er), does gravity exist?

1. Power and money.
2. The earth is gravitationally 'neutral' and the force we feel as gravity is actually the earth's constant acceleration upwards at 9.81m/s^2.

-- Bob Hudson

How would lighter than air airships fly...
« Reply #67 on: October 25, 2006, 08:58:57 AM »
How would lighter than air airships fly with no gravity? In former thread, a discussuion  came up that there is no gravity but the earth is moving through space accelerating at 9.8 m/s/s.
y the Power of Round Earth!!!

I HAVE THE POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flexgirl

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #68 on: October 25, 2006, 09:12:03 AM »
Gravity and acceleration are locally indistinguishable.  They would fly the same way in the FE as in the RE.

-- Bob Hudson

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #69 on: October 25, 2006, 04:07:39 PM »
Quote from: "phaseshifter"
Quote from: "NEEMAN"
"Almost unheard of" suggests that there are some.

Few enough to be easily covered up and misrepresented. A rare and not very interesting event maintains the illusion without attracting interest.

And how do you know that is the case?

How do you know it isn't?
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

« Reply #70 on: October 25, 2006, 07:23:06 PM »
"Almost unheard of" suggests that there are some.

Few enough to be easily covered up and misrepresented. A rare and not very interesting event maintains the illusion without attracting interest.

And how do you know that is the case?

How do you know it isn't?

Did I say it wasn't ?
Please answer the question.
atttttttup was right when he said joseph bloom is right, The Engineer is a douchebag.

hey engineer
« Reply #71 on: November 03, 2006, 04:41:06 PM »
ok so earth accelerating upwards at 9.8 m/s^2 is gravity. So now, what causes this acceleration upwards?
Also. Why does the sun circle around the earth and what significance does the number 365 have in the Flat World?
s the earth really flat?

dysfunction

• The Elder Ones
Re: hey engineer
« Reply #72 on: November 03, 2006, 04:49:20 PM »
what significance does the number 365 have in the Flat World?

The sun's orbit above the Earth varies, which is what causes the seasons. This variance has a regular period of ~365 days.
the cake is a lie

« Reply #73 on: November 04, 2006, 02:46:08 AM »
fuck that. what does that mean. i think your gay u fagoot. lol. i hope u like the real world were you live. Im high. lol/.
s the earth really flat?

« Reply #74 on: November 04, 2006, 02:48:26 AM »
smoke weed. college rules, go hoosiers. hey admin ill be makin more money thatn your white ass, kick me out white boy. asians make more money than whites statisticly and im drunk you fucker, explain that. indians are smart fuckin white admin. kick me out you fuck. il register a new name u penguin. lol
holoween parties were awesome. go fuvck your ugly wife lol
s the earth really flat?

?

whydoyouask

Re: this is for ignorant honkies everywhere
« Reply #75 on: November 04, 2006, 07:46:38 AM »
You just proved that no one would ever believe that the earth is flat. You said that no one would believe someone that said that they had found the edge of earth!! LOL. What a silly engineer. That means that you are calling yourself crazy. Also you never answered the camera part. We have cameras. Also we have satellites. It's called GPS and I have it in my $47,000 2005 3.2 liter v6 Audi A4 German driving machine and he has it in his BMW 745Li which you probably couldn't afford!! LOL. I have a wealthy father. So if my father didn't pay for GPS than what is that fancy equipment? Since you’re an engineer and a pilot, you explain how this equipment works without satellites ok. By the way, I am an 18 year old of Indian descent just for your information. I am assuming you are middle aged white guy since no one else but white people think that the earth is flat. Another thing, people are out there to discover the truth. So if there was an edge someone would have found it by now, think about it. Since you’re a pilot you've probably seen the edge in your fancy airplane that has equipment that keeps the plane away from the edge. That means that if airplanes are kept away from the edge during autopilot then you could fly toward the edge after shutting autopilot off. So until you fly to the edge, everything you say is a disgrace to the scientific community. LOL, a flat world. LOL you sound like some bible preacher. The Hindu scriptures that are way older than the bible (take a history course) say that the world is round. So this is really an argument of religion jackass.

ahem. I am a fellow REer. I DO NOT appreciate you saying that he is a "middle aged white guy scince no one else but white people think the earth is flat"
I am white. so are at leat a billion other people. we do not all believe that the earth is flat. And I can bet you that not all FEers are white. you are being an ignorant racist bastard. "LOL" does not count as a word, and is USUALLY used by people who are, "laughing out loud". Not all flat earthers are christian. if you look at the polls, some of them are atheist, agnostic, jewish, what have you.
I do not believe stating that you have a fancy car, that you are "wealthy" that you are 18 years old, has anything to do with the conversation/debate here. I do not care who and who cannot purchase your gas. Having money does not give you any extra debating abilities, or, in your case, wits.

« Reply #76 on: November 05, 2006, 10:05:54 PM »
do i care what you think. im an asshole, do somthin about it penguin
s the earth really flat?

« Reply #77 on: November 05, 2006, 10:08:09 PM »
my point there was arguing about the earths shape does nothing for you. it means that you dont have a life. right now i have alot of free time. after college you wont see me on this site anymore because im on here for fun. Im trying to make a point that is very har to put into words. my goal isbefore college to ut it into words u jackass. so dont coment on what you think, because if i commented on what i thought id be a dickhead
s the earth really flat?

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #78 on: November 05, 2006, 10:10:40 PM »
because if i commented on what i thought id be a dickhead

You're not?!?! :shock:

-- Bob Hudson

?

BOGWarrior89

• We are as one.
« Reply #79 on: November 06, 2006, 08:18:25 AM »
Quote from: "TheEngineer"
because if i commented on what i thought id be a dickhead

You're not?!?! :shock:

Maybe he's telling us what he thinks ...