Photos from Italian Astronaut Luca during EVA

• 59 Replies
Photos from Italian Astronaut Luca during EVA
« on: July 10, 2013, 06:04:58 PM »

As you can see, Italian Astronaut Luca is way above Earth.

What we are seeing in the pictures is a small part of a sphere of the Earth.

Watch the video here: http://www.space-multimedia.nl.eu.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=8373
Quote from: Heiwa
You are ignoring this user. Show me the post.

Re: Photos from Italian Astronaut Luca during EVA
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 08:06:26 PM »
Industrial light & magic hard at work.

Junker

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 08:18:01 PM »
It looks like a flat disc altered by a fish eye lens.

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 08:36:22 PM »

Then why the edge of earth and blackness of space??

Plus there are no signs of fish eye in the subjects photographed. The visor's reflection might have thrown you off.

Junker

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 08:40:08 PM »
Why wouldn't there be space  ???

Plus there are no signs of fish eye in the subjects photographed. The visor's reflection might have thrown you off.
That is not what I see, but then again, these could have easily been faked.

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013, 08:45:50 PM »
Why wouldn't there be space  ???

Because of the location. Hang on ill find out what country(s) shown in the pictures.

EDIT: gonna take me a bit..
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 08:53:27 PM by FlatOrange »

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2013, 09:17:44 PM »
Those weren't taken with a fish-eye lens.

Because of the location. Hang on ill find out what country(s) shown in the pictures.

EDIT: gonna take me a bit..
Instead of the blackness of space past the edge, it'll just be the night time area outside the circle of sunlight.

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2013, 04:18:15 PM »

If you would actually care and watched any of the videos provided in the link, you would come to the definite conclusion that these are no fish eye lens. If you'd only care...but you don't...
Hello!

Junker

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2013, 04:26:47 PM »

If you would actually care and watched any of the videos provided in the link, you would come to the definite conclusion that these are no fish eye lens. If you'd only care...but you don't...
I only said looked like, not that it was definitively.  I am more inclined to agree with you that they aren't.  They are likely fake.

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2013, 04:30:31 PM »

I only said looked like, not that it was definitively.  I am more inclined to agree with you that they aren't.  They are likely fake.

Exactly...fake unless the depict a flat earth. That kind of logic...

if you'd actually care you know they aren't, but you don't...
Hello!

Junker

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2013, 04:32:30 PM »

The are likely fake regardless of the shape of the Earth in the photos.

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2013, 04:43:37 PM »

Likely isn't conclusive and there is no reason to assume that these are "likely" fake. 

Hello!

Junker

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2013, 04:45:08 PM »

Likely isn't conclusive and there is no reason to assume that these are "likely" fake.
There is also no reason to assume they are real, which is why pictures are not considered evidence here one way or the other.

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2013, 05:04:30 PM »

There is also no reason to assume they are real, which is why pictures are not considered evidence here one way or the other.

If that is you stance, do not call that these are likely fake, because you're reasoning allow for NO stance as "likely" fake or "likely" real, but being "inconclusive". You reply strongly suggest you have a biased view.

However there are in fact tons of reasons. If you'd care you'd know them. The fact the launches can be publicly witnessed. Especially in the days of the space shuttle, now they're launching from Kazachstan it is a lot harder to get there, but still these launches are monitored and witnessed by tens if not hundreds of people.

The fact that the ISS can be seen from Earth. The fact that there are no indications these are fake. No Snowden-like person who leaked information on this, while PRISM was meant to be completely off radar, but I digress. We're talking about great PUBLIC organizations, with thousands of people involved. The fact that so many pictures exist and not one standing out of the ordinary, about this space walk there is hours of footage from beginning till end, all publicly available.

Something which is quite the contrary to what North-Korea does when it lies to its people. North Korea for example tends to keep public available imaging and videos to the minimum. Even the world cup against Brasil was only shown after the match was played and only the good parts were shown to the mighty people of North Korea. #ws" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">North Korea won the world cup 2010 !

Iran? Same story...this one is claimed to be the latest and stealthiest aircraft. All it did was publish some pictures of a mock-up plane. Later they published a picture of that same plane flying. Well...."flying". Photoshop of the same mock-up plane over a mountain picture. An Iranian blogger noticed all the fakery..http://www.upi.com/blog/2013/02/13/Fake-stealth-plane-Iran-photoshops-super-jet-jet-still-cant-fly/5541360782836/

Then, the USA who DO have a very stealthy aircraft..the F-117, a lot of pictures and videos are widely available. Even the public can see the plane for real during airshows...publicly available..

Again, there is no reason whatsoever to assume these pictures are even "slightliest" fake.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 05:06:53 PM by Lolflatdisc »
Hello!

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2013, 04:15:52 AM »
Obviously fake. No stars in outer space? What kind of fools do NASA take us for?

I'm not going to fall for your Conspiracy, Newton.

« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2013, 04:41:55 AM »
Obviously fake. No stars in outer space? What kind of fools do NASA take us for?

Photography 101, exposure  ??? There is no reason the see stars in a photograph like these.

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2013, 04:46:08 AM »

Photography 101, exposure  ??? There is no reason the see stars in a photograph like these.

You don't expect to see stars in outer space? You'll buy anything they tell you, won't you?

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2013, 05:38:53 AM »

You don't expect to see stars in outer space? You'll buy anything they tell you, won't you?

Well, some people actually do pay for an education. You might try it someday.  Find a local college and sign up for a photography class.

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2013, 05:44:48 AM »

I know that you're on a <5$ budget for experiments but if you already have a photographic camera or if you can borrow one, try taking a photograph during the day of a sunlit subject, then try to photograph the stars with the same exposure settings. See what happens.

The image you posted there has required several hours of exposure, while the exposure for a sunlit subject is in the ballpark of one millisecond. Just try it out for yourself. Be a zetetic instead of making proclamations of things you do not understand.

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2013, 06:09:55 AM »

Well, some people actually do pay for an education. You might try it someday.  Find a local college and sign up for a photography class.

I can hear fairy stories for free. Why pay for it?

?

Scintific Method

• Trust, but verify.
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2013, 06:12:38 AM »

Are you f***ing kidding?! Do we really have to go over photography and exposure settings AGAIN?! FFS!!!
Quote from: jtelroy
...the FE'ers still found a way to deny it. Not with counter arguments. Not with proof of any kind. By simply denying it.

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt."

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2013, 07:17:47 AM »
As said, this is something you can easily and affordably verify for yourself by experimentation. Why make claims based on fairy stories you made up when you could experiment and verify yourself? If you have a digital camera it costs nothing to do so, well maybe 10 minutes of your time.

Really, "why are there no stars in the picture" is probably the weakest possible argument for space photos being faked. Just drop it already.

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2013, 07:35:36 AM »
As said, this is something you can easily and affordably verify for yourself by experimentation. Why make claims based on fairy stories you made up when you could experiment and verify yourself? If you have a digital camera it costs nothing to do so, well maybe 10 minutes of your time.

Really, "why are there no stars in the picture" is probably the weakest possible argument for space photos being faked. Just drop it already.

Just Rhetoric. Post proof.

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2013, 10:17:40 AM »

You don't see the value of education at all? 

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2013, 01:40:41 PM »

Just Rhetoric. Post proof.
Yeah, because basics of photography is something that I need to "prove" here =D Also, photographs are never ever never valid proof of anything on these forums so you really need to do it yourself anyway.

But sorry, I mistook you for muggsybogues and didn't realize you're just a troll. Carry on!

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2013, 11:24:48 PM »
Why is there an earth behind the earth in the first picture? The horizon does not indicate a globe to me in the first or second picture. In the third picture the earth and set are both heavily distorted by the visor. The next picture looks like a model in front of a black background. Does not look like space to me. The last, like the first few, looks like a high-altitude picture of the earth.  Nothing earth-shattering.
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2013, 06:25:18 AM »
Why is there an earth behind the earth in the first picture?

You realize that's a reflection, right? You can see the shiny metal ... thing on his suit. In this shiny metal thing, you can see a reflection of the visor of the suit (which, in number 3, is shown to also be extremely shiny (which helps them stay not blind during the daytime)). So light from the earth reflects off his visor, then off the shiny metal thing. The Earth you see that's not over his hand is the real Earth, with the light not reflecting off anything.

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2013, 09:03:23 AM »
Yes, it's a reflection. I'm not sure that is the visor, as the visor seems to have different reflectivity in each of the shots. Perhaps they should simplify their prop department?
At anyrate, none of the photos depict a globe, do they?
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2013, 09:31:41 AM »
Yes, it's a reflection.

A flat chrome surface on his wrist angled toward the camera which would be more or less in front of his face would probably be reflecting his helmet and visor.

I'm not sure that is the visor, as the visor seems to have different reflectivity in each of the shots.  Perhaps they should simplify their prop department?

There's a reflective shield that can be raised and lowered.  It curves up into the helmet.  In one of the shots he had it raised.  Seems pretty simple to me.

Looks like a globe to me.  Surface angling away over a curved (visible because of the height) horizon. 

« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2013, 09:45:23 AM »
Yes, it's a reflection. I'm not sure that is the visor, as the visor seems to have different reflectivity in each of the shots. Perhaps they should simplify their prop department?

You mean the sun reflector that slides up away from his visor? It's pulled down in pictures 1 and 3, but up in picture 2. Notice you can see the bottom edge of the reflector in picture 2. This implies 2 was taken to get an image of Luca's face, and he probably replaced the visor after the picture.