How could flat earth conspiracists possibly explain THIS?

• 38 Replies
How could flat earth conspiracists possibly explain THIS?
« on: July 07, 2013, 06:07:52 PM »

doesnt look photoshopped to me...

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
Re: How could flat earth conspiracists possibly explain THIS?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 06:18:16 PM »
doesnt look photoshopped to me...
The best fakes never do.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Junker

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 06:20:58 PM »
This photo doesn't show anything that would contradict FE.  Unless I am missing the curvature of the Earth in the photo.

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 06:22:30 PM »
more evidence that space flight is indeed possible, and the Earth is planar.
thank you for sharing.

?

Scintific Method

• Trust, but verify.
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 09:56:08 PM »
This photo doesn't show anything that would contradict FE.  Unless I am missing the curvature of the Earth in the photo.

True, all it does is prove space flight is real. And there would be no noticeable curvature in the photo anyway, the field of view is too small and the angle too vertical to show any, which is why this statement...

more evidence...the Earth is planar.

...is just ignorant.
Quote from: jtelroy
...the FE'ers still found a way to deny it. Not with counter arguments. Not with proof of any kind. By simply denying it.

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt."

?

RyanTG

• If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong.
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2013, 09:52:30 AM »
thank you for sharing.

I thought you didn't believe the earth was flat? Or am I misconstruing what you wrote or completely missing the satire?

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2013, 12:47:09 PM »
again another undiscovered continent... amazing!!

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2013, 03:40:00 PM »
The Bahamas are an undiscovered continent?  ??? :o
http://www.glossusa.com/space-shuttle-atlantis-prepares-to-dock-with-space-station/

?

darknavyseal

• Round Earth, for sure, maybe.
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2013, 10:48:59 AM »
http://www.glossusa.com/space-shuttle-atlantis-prepares-to-dock-with-space-station/

Another retarted troll! We should observe it while it remains in its natural environment! Take pictures!

?

Shmeggley

• Eppur si muove!
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2013, 10:57:48 AM »

Another retarted troll! We should observe it while it remains in its natural environment! Take pictures!

I was able to snap a couple of telling pics.

How he thinks we see him:

How we actually see him:

Giess what? I am a tin foil hat conspiracy lunatic who knows nothing... See what I'm getting at here?

bullhorn

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2013, 05:14:36 PM »
The Verbs of our ForFathers are underlass past doth night

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
  • Venerated Official of the High Zetetic Council
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2013, 06:38:12 PM »
 I feel like we've had this thread before.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2013, 12:36:53 PM »

True, all it does is prove space flight is real.

How do you know it's in space opposed to the upper atmosphere?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2013, 02:52:27 PM »
The uppermost regions of the atmosphere (thermosphere and exosphere) are considered to be space, so, technically, it's both.

?

OrbisNonSufficit

• I love Gasoline.
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2013, 09:55:50 PM »
The uppermost regions of the atmosphere (thermosphere and exosphere) are considered to be space, so, technically, it's both.

Yeah but the debate is not about whether it is in space or not, its about whether or not it is using the atmosphere to keep itself afloat, as opposed to the very odd idea that the "spacecraft is endlessly falling around the earth.  Due to the ludicrous nature of the second idea, ill stick with the first, that or it is photo shopped. 

« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2013, 10:50:11 PM »

Yeah but the debate is not about whether it is in space or not, its about whether or not it is using the atmosphere to keep itself afloat, as opposed to the very odd idea that the "spacecraft is endlessly falling around the earth.  Due to the ludicrous nature of the second idea, ill stick with the first, that or it is photo shopped.
Let's examine the first option. Can you please give an estimate of the altitude and the corresponding air density ?

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2013, 11:46:12 PM »

Let's examine the first option. Can you please give an estimate of the altitude and the corresponding air density ?

How is he supposed to estimate the altitude based on a picture without anything really to use for reference?

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2013, 12:18:29 AM »

How is he supposed to estimate the altitude based on a picture without anything really to use for reference?
I have no idea, but he should have one, assuming that "it is using the atmosphere to keep itself afloat"

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2013, 06:20:31 AM »
Why is the idea of constantly falling over the edge of the earth (orbit) so ludicrous?  Newton conceived the principle almost 300 years ago, and assuming that you believe in a round earth and gravity, it's really quite simple and intuitive.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newton%27s_cannonball

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2013, 06:54:44 AM »
Why is the idea of constantly falling over the edge of the earth (orbit) so ludicrous?  Newton conceived the principle almost 300 years ago, and assuming that you believe in a round earth and gravity, it's really quite simple and intuitive.

Newton started the NASA conspiracy. I'm hardly going to take his word for anything!

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2013, 07:08:42 AM »

Newton started the NASA conspiracy. I'm hardly going to take his word for anything!
I never knew that NASA was created by Newton. It's amazing that the US space agency was created long before the US was.  Fascinating!
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

?

OrbisNonSufficit

• I love Gasoline.
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2013, 10:15:10 AM »

I have no idea, but he should have one, assuming that "it is using the atmosphere to keep itself afloat"

Are you not assuming the exact opposite?  Where is your evidence that it is flying at thousands of miles per hour?

?

OrbisNonSufficit

• I love Gasoline.
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2013, 10:16:59 AM »

Why does the age of an idea give it more weight?  You only have to believe that everything has pulls on one another, well that's a big leap.

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2013, 10:46:53 AM »

Are you not assuming the exact opposite?  Where is your evidence that it is flying at thousands of miles per hour?
What I assume is irrelevant as I'm not claiming something. I'm just asking a simple question, can you give some answer ?
You said this may be a floating object, so please go further and explain why and how.

?

OrbisNonSufficit

• I love Gasoline.
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2013, 11:54:46 AM »

What I assume is irrelevant as I'm not claiming something. I'm just asking a simple question, can you give some answer ?
You said this may be a floating object, so please go further and explain why and how.

I am simply picking the option of the two that seems to make more sense to me.  This, like all other things with wings that I see in the sky, is simply an airplane at very high altitudes.

Why do I need to propose and an altitude?  Do I need to prove that superman is not underneath the shuttle holding it up?  Of course not.  There is simply no way for me to know the altitude from this photo alone, its unreasonable to expect me to provide an altitude.

Going even further, even if this was taken beyond where planes can typically fly, they could have used rockets to achieve that altitude temporarily, in know way does this photo indicate that sustained orbit was achieved.  Without showing any sort of curvature this photo does nothing to support either FET or RET.

« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2013, 02:09:27 PM »
Why do you need all this drama to say that this picture is cool but inconclusive ?
BTW I agree.

« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2013, 03:52:45 PM »
thank you for sharing.

So one time space flight is possible, the other time is not...let me guess. If it is a shot taken straight down towards earth and it shows up as flat to the camera. It is 100% true. Space shuttle is real, earth is real, picture is not photoshopped...it's a genuine picture.

Then, a picture from space flight showing the curvature...or no...let's first talk about space flight in general. It is disputed, NASA is 100% fake, space flight is not possible, certainly not the ISS which in fact can be seen from earth. Read that again. Can be seen (!!) from Earth...c-a-n  b-e  s-e-e-n  f-r-o-m  E-a-r-t-h (!!)

But no no, it's just one big institution for liars. And then these thousands of pictures of earth, depicting a round earth. Even an earth rotating, clearly seen as a sphere. Oh my gosh, that is like THE biggest lie. Or at least if the photo is real, all sort of bendy stuff, totally unknown, totally unexplainable stuff going on. Yeah totally, it is like.....yeah it is that...totally bendy stuff...some stuff...you know...I don't know...well you know...

And then again, you take the picture taken straight down depicting a 'flat' earth as real, without any doubt.

I am glad I got a healthy sense.
Hello!

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2013, 03:54:21 PM »

True, all it does is prove space flight is real.

How do you know you're real opposed to the fantasy of someone's elses mind?
Hello!

Junker

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2013, 03:54:50 PM »
So one time space flight is possible, the other time is not.

Who mentioned space flight?

?

Shmeggley

• Eppur si muove!
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2013, 04:08:17 PM »
So one time space flight is possible, the other time is not.

Who mentioned space flight?

Are you really unaware that the shuttle is a spacecraft, or is at least purported to be?
Giess what? I am a tin foil hat conspiracy lunatic who knows nothing... See what I'm getting at here?