Salon Article

• 6 Replies

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Administrator
Salon Article
« on: July 06, 2013, 07:07:39 PM »
I'm sure many of you have come across this by now, but following U.S. President Obama's recent use of the Flat Earth Society as a rhetorical prop, Flat Earth Society President Daniel Shenton responded in an interview with Salon:

http://www.salon.com/2013/06/25/flat_earth_society_believes_in_climate_change/

As it turns out, there is a real Flat Earth Society and its president thinks that anthropogenic climate change is real. In an email to Salon, president Daniel Shenton said that while he cant speak for the Society as a whole regarding climate change, he personally thinks the evidence suggests fossil fuel usage is contributing to global warming.

. . .

Its unfortunate that Flat Earth Theory is what some people (President Obama, for instance) choose to reference when they need an example of something absurd, he added.

Here here.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

Re: Salon Article
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 11:27:31 PM »
Have you read the "upper fora" lately?

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 04:42:23 PM »
The Imposter-In-Chief is a tool. Being a mouthpiece has it's perks, as we see, in leisure and profits.
I believe "man-orchestrated-climate-change" is the height of a certain kind of arrogance that most others have been fooled by.
A DELIBERATE. DAILY BRAIN-STAMPING of spouting by OWNED MEDIA of a "trendy-Let's-Be-Green-MYTHOS",
paraded upon such Bling-ish Billboards as Hollywood airheads...(usual suspects),
along with The OWNED-MEDIA'S USUAL methods of Ridicule and Rebuke- NOT  FACTS.
The "Al-Gore-Mega-foturnes-made-from-COAL-&-the Miner's-sweat&deaths" kind of arrogance,
WHICH AN ENTIRE CONGRESS OF REAL CLIMATE SCIENTIST'S- A MAJORITY OF - D E N O U N C E AS FALSE- (no profits for THEM!!)
My God, WAKE UP!
"We're Ready,.... to Believe You!"

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 07:52:05 PM »
-30C low tonight.  :o
here is hoping global warming is true!   :)

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 03:22:54 PM »
As a long-time FES member I DO NOT believe men are able to affect the climate.

Until the weatherman can accurately provide a 7-day forecast I call this "science" bullspit.

Repeating the same lies over and over won't make them true.

?

Shmeggley

• Eppur si muove!
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 03:42:21 PM »

Until the weatherman can accurately provide a 7-day forecast I call this "science" bullspit.

You realize that short term weather conditions do not constitute "climate" right? And that they are looking at average temperature trends over a long time period?

To give a rough example of what you're talking about, it's kind of like saying that because you can't accurately predict the next ten rolls of a six sided die, there's no way we could know that out of a thousand rolls you'll get about 167 threes.
Giess what? I am a tin foil hat conspiracy lunatic who knows nothing... See what I'm getting at here?

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2014, 03:22:03 AM »

You realize that short term weather conditions do not constitute "climate" right? And that they are looking at average temperature trends over a long time period?

To give a rough example of what you're talking about, it's kind of like saying that because you can't accurately predict the next ten rolls of a six sided die, there's no way we could know that out of a thousand rolls you'll get about 167 threes.

You do realize this is not the debate section, do you not?  It is for announcements, as the name implies.