Earth's shadow on the Moon

• 58 Replies
?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
Earth's shadow on the Moon
« on: June 23, 2013, 08:07:04 AM »
So here is a Google image search of a bunch of example's of the Earth's shadow on the moon.

https://www.google.com/search?q=earths+shadow+on+moon&safe=off&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=Zw7HUeTxD8iaiALNo4DYDQ&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1280&bih=882

I understand what this will amount to for the flat earthers here. That this is fabricated, photoshopped, yada yada.

Hmmm, maybe the next time this happens you could check it out yourself, or maybe you've seen this and you just don't care. Cover your ears, "La la la la la la la."

Anyways, have a nice day on your imperfectly ROUND earth guys!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 08:15:31 AM by rottingroom »

Re: Earth's shadow on the Moon
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 11:21:39 PM »
what i don't fk*** udnerstand about these round earth theorest is if the earth is roudn then when i do walk why i see headlights?

??? ??? ???

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 04:06:10 PM »
So here is a Google image search of a bunch of example's of the Earth's shadow on the moon.

https://www.google.com/search?q=earths+shadow+on+moon&safe=off&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=Zw7HUeTxD8iaiALNo4DYDQ&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1280&bih=882

I understand what this will amount to for the flat earthers here. That this is fabricated, photoshopped, yada yada.

Hmmm, maybe the next time this happens you could check it out yourself, or maybe you've seen this and you just don't care. Cover your ears, "La la la la la la la."

What you're mistaking as the earth's shadow (don't feel bad, people have been erroneously calling it earth's shadow since they believed in the four elements and satyrs) is actually the migratory patterns of lunar life crossing the surface of the moon.  As a word of caution, the light that they emit is quite dangerous.  You should avoid it at all costs.

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 04:36:09 PM »

What you're mistaking as the earth's shadow (don't feel bad, people have been erroneously calling it earth's shadow since they believed in the four elements and satyrs) is actually the migratory patterns of lunar life crossing the surface of the moon.  As a word of caution, the light that they emit is quite dangerous.  You should avoid it at all costs.
I actually feel quite a bit better while bathing in the glow of the moon.  I can sit there soaking in the moon rays and feel a weight lift from my spirit.
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 04:42:02 PM »
Aye, cigarettes make people feel better too.  I suppose they are good for you as well.

DuckDodgers

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2013, 04:51:26 PM »
Aye, cigarettes make people feel better too.  I suppose they are good for you as well.
Yes, because the moon light similar to a roll of paper full of chemicals.  What do these moon animals eat?  How can we accurately predict their migration to within a day months in advance?  From my experience, life forms are not precisely predictable in their movements.  Have these lunar animals ever been observed?  Without observation, their existence can be theorized but can hardly be pushed as reality.

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 06:51:46 AM »
Also, what migration, I though the Moon was supposedly just a few km across in FET. What lives on the Moon in those conditions, and how the hell is there need of migration...

?

RyanTG

• If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong.
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2013, 07:20:12 AM »

So there are moon pixies which emit dangerous light?

No wonder this society hasn't gotten anywhere...

?

Shmeggley

• Eppur si muove!
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2013, 09:19:26 AM »

This is when I know they are just winding us up for a laugh.
Giess what? I am a tin foil hat conspiracy lunatic who knows nothing... See what I'm getting at here?

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2013, 10:03:15 AM »
I have personally observed the moon eclipsed while the sun was still in the sky. I can only conclude that whatever phenomenon eclipsing the moon, it cannot be the earth's shadow.
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

DuckDodgers

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2013, 10:42:01 AM »
I have personally observed the moon eclipsed while the sun was still in the sky. I can only conclude that whatever phenomenon eclipsing the moon, it cannot be the earth's shadow.
And where were the Sun and moon in relation to each other? When did this occur?  And did you get any pictures?

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2013, 01:57:37 PM »
No, you didn't. You are confusing the moon's phases with an eclipse. You cannot even see a full moon in the day.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

?

darknavyseal

• Round Earth, for sure, maybe.
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2013, 02:10:04 PM »
No, you didn't. You are confusing the moon's phases with an eclipse. You cannot even see a full moon in the day.

This. Lol.

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2013, 02:18:54 PM »

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2013, 02:21:55 PM »

And they always travel in exactly the same pattern? That of an almost perfect circle?

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Where is your evidence?

This is the classic argument from ignorance. Just because you cannot understand it does not mean it's not true.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2013, 02:25:04 PM »
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2013, 02:34:08 PM »
It looks like a mountain is blocking the moon.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2013, 02:37:52 PM »
This is the classic argument from ignorance. Just because you cannot understand it does not mean it's not true.
Just because something is made up on the spot, doesn't mean it is true.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2013, 02:53:07 PM »
StabBALD,

That's my point.  There is nothing there.  What is blocking it?

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2013, 02:59:46 PM »
This clearly looks like the sun's shadow on the moon.  And notice how it seems to ROLL upward.

" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2013, 03:06:31 PM »
And where were the Sun and moon in relation to each other? When did this occur?  And did you get any pictures?
About 2 years ago.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2013, 03:10:15 PM »
StabBALD,

That's my point.  There is nothing there.  What is blocking it?
The moon was rising out of the earth's shadow.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2013, 03:17:38 PM »

Well, I'll be darned!  The shadow is straight, NOT curved!  It's as if the moon is reflecting the sun setting over the horizon on the opposite side of the FLAT Earth.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 03:21:58 PM by EarthIsASpaceship »

?

Shmeggley

• Eppur si muove!
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2013, 03:22:15 PM »
This clearly looks like the sun's shadow on the moon.  And notice how it seems to ROLL upward.

" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

Since when does the Sun have a shadow? ???
Giess what? I am a tin foil hat conspiracy lunatic who knows nothing... See what I'm getting at here?

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2013, 03:27:14 PM »
Yes, I know that sounds strange.  But it appears that way on the moon because you can see what looks like flares coming off it (in the form of a shadow, of course) unless it's just the way the shadow affects the light from the moon, illuminating the dark spots on the moon.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2013, 03:27:20 PM »

Well, I'll be darned!  The shadow is straight, NOT curved!  It's as if the moon is reflecting the sun setting over the horizon on the opposite side of the FLAT Earth.
The moon or sun cannot set behind the horizon in the FET.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2013, 03:32:17 PM »
The moon or sun cannot set behind the horizon in the FET.

What do you mean?  It's a fact, there are sunrises and sunsets.  Like I've tried to explain to you the horizon is NOT the edge of the flat Earth....it's simply the farthest end of what is visible from your location.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2013, 03:33:59 PM »

I thought it was moon shrimp ?  ???
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2013, 03:58:39 PM »

Well, I'm so glad you're here to reveal your ignorance. I clearly saw it along with myriads of other people. The fact that it is impossible assuming RET is no nevermind to me.
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2013, 04:23:13 PM »
So the horizon is simply as far as the human eye can see? Yet you can see the sun further away from the furthest we can see? And only the lower part is invisible?

Don't you see where your logic falls over?

Logic falling over......uh no.  How is that physically possible?   :P  Anyway, light can be seen from a further distance, you know that. And yes, the bottom of the sun becomes blocked by the horizon as it moves further away AND Scepti must be right about the sun dipping (mentioned in his theory thread) because it moves downward on the horizon.  From a different location on the Earth (West) the sun is rising for that location as it moves in it's circular path and begins to rise again.