Explain retrograde loop

• 34 Replies
Re: Explain retrograde loop
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2013, 04:16:45 PM »
Yet again, if the sun revolves around the earth, there is no explaination of the retrograde movement of the planet. In FET, there's only one expression, celestial gears, no explaination.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2013, 06:25:19 PM »
Even in RET, in your frame of reference the sun is moving around you. In the sun's frame you are moving about the sun. It makes no difference to the observation of motion from one or the other. RealScientist claimed if the sun was moving around the earth the planets motion would look differently. It does not and would not.
Perhaps, but this discussion is supposed to be about how FET explains retrograde motion.  Planetary motions of various RET reference frames are quite irrelevant.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2013, 06:59:35 PM »
Yet again, if the sun revolves around the earth, there is no explaination of the retrograde movement of the planet. In FET, there's only one expression, celestial gears, no explaination.

Nonsense. The retrograde motion is apparent whenever the relative speed of the planet changes to an observer on earth. The speed of the planet about the sun does not change.

#" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">Geocentric Orrery showing the retrograde motion of Mars ,wonderful

"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2013, 07:30:54 PM »

Nonsense. The retrograde motion is apparent whenever the relative speed of the planet changes to an observer on earth. The speed of the planet about the sun does not change.

#" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">Geocentric Orrery showing the retrograde motion of Mars ,wonderful

So you just showed a video of a heliocentric model but with the Earth at the center.  If the Sun "travels" around the Earth and all the planets travel around the Sun, then it could be said that the Earth is traveling around the Sun as well.  For a true geocentric model, the Earth should be the center of the rotation, not the Sun.
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2013, 11:15:51 PM »
Do Flat Earthers believe in a heliocentric solar system?

Do FE's believe that the earth revolves around the sun, or do you endorse geocentrism? Or something entirely different all together?

I believe in a heliocentric solar system, but the earth is not a member of the solar system. The view of solar system held by Tycho Brahe conforms closely to my belief.

I was asked to answer the reason for retrograde motion of planetary bodies. I did so. I'm sorry if my beliefs and the solar system do not conform to your assumptions.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 11:23:10 PM by Ski »
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."