Is the only active FE member sceptimatic?

• 31 Replies
?

RyanTG

• If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong.
Is the only active FE member sceptimatic?
« on: May 30, 2013, 07:40:01 AM »
Just wondering... 

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
Re: Is the only active FE member sceptimatic?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 07:42:16 AM »
Just wondering...

There seems to be a few that jump in and out in a given week.   But he does seem to be the most consistent.
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 07:45:02 AM »
Just wondering...

There seems to be a few that jump in and out in a given week.   But he does seem to be the most consistent.
I would use the term enthusiastic.
I'd like to agree with you but then we'd both be wrong!

?

Shmeggley

• Eppur si muove!
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 08:09:43 AM »
Just wondering...

I would use the term enthusiastic.

More like a force of nature. He basically cancelled gravity, just by not believing it.
Giess what? I am a tin foil hat conspiracy lunatic who knows nothing... See what I'm getting at here?

Salviati

• What is my Personal Text?
Q: Why do you think the Earth is round?
A: Look out the window!

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2013, 11:42:05 AM »
This is sceptimatic's philosophy of science.

#" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Weird Al Yankovic - Everything You Know Is Wrong

This is considered low-content posting and is against the rules. If you want to post things like this, please do it in the lower forums.

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2013, 11:48:39 AM »
I will make myself active as possible
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

?

squevil

• Official Member
  • Im Telling On You
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2013, 01:31:40 PM »
If you want the opinion of those who qualify to be a flat earth believer you need to read their section of the forum.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2013, 01:42:44 PM »
I've seen a lot from Sandokhan .....Pages and pages of material and there is also Thork and Tom Bishop.

There may be others lurking out there. ???
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2013, 07:40:26 PM »
If you want the opinion of those who qualify to be a flat earth believer you need to read their section of the forum.

This is a very wise statement.
Only those that truly believe are in the FEB forum.
And it appears, that no one no longer is admitted.
Scepti is just spinning wheels,  :'(

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2013, 03:25:04 PM »
This is sceptimatic's philosophy of science.

#" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Weird Al Yankovic - Everything You Know Is Wrong

This is considered low-content posting and is against the rules. If you want to post things like this, please do it in the lower forums.

Really, this thread should be in the lower forums. It's social talk.

But in response to OP, it used to be hours before you'd get an answer. I'd usually expect a response from Thork first as i usually post late and he's 9 hours ahead of me.  But since Sceptimatic has been here he responds quickly and hangs around. So long as you respond to him, it will seem like he is the only FEr participating just because he's here a lot of the time.

I believe Sceptimatic to be genuine, but if he is a troll he'd be the most brilliant troll. Things were looking dim here at the FES forums because RErs outnumbered and outposted the FErs. But sceptimatic simply rejects every single thing we can come up with based on 'intuition' and therefore singlehandedly defends FET all on his own.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 03:29:22 PM by FlatOrange »
Quote from: Heiwa
You are ignoring this user. Show me the post.

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2013, 05:22:38 PM »

I believe Sceptimatic to be genuine, but if he is a troll he'd be the most brilliant troll. Things were looking dim here at the FES forums because RErs outnumbered and outposted the FErs. But sceptimatic simply rejects every single thing we can come up with based on 'intuition' and therefore singlehandedly defends FET all on his own.

Sceptimatic ;D (LOL! love the ad)

#" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Ad Delta Lloyd Police
Hello!

?

Puttah

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2013, 11:08:36 PM »

I believe that he genuinely hates the government and all of its affiliates - which somehow includes mainstream science - but as for believing in a flat Earth, no, I don't believe him on that one.

This recently came to light when we started discussing the sun falling below the horizon. Every other discussion I had with him involved scientific reasoning (whether it be simple or complicated) and that just never cut it because he claimed that his observational logic is more reliable than indoctrinated formulas. Well, that all changed when he concluded that the sun doesn't in fact fall below the horizon. It's obvious now that he doesn't rely on his logic and observation as he claimed, and hence, I believe that he knows FET is flawed and can't be the answer.

Although, this is all assuming that his logic is sound...
Scepti, this idiocy needs to stop and it needs to stop right now. You are making a mockery of this fine forum with your poor trolling. You are a complete disgrace.

?

RyanTG

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2013, 01:35:58 AM »

Sceptimatic ;D (LOL! love the ad)

#" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Ad Delta Lloyd Police

That was probably the funniest thing i've ever seen on this forum, my god hahaha. Definitely sceptimatic!

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2013, 09:02:49 AM »

I believe that he genuinely hates the government and all of its affiliates - which somehow includes mainstream science - but as for believing in a flat Earth, no, I don't believe him on that one.

This recently came to light when we started discussing the sun falling below the horizon. Every other discussion I had with him involved scientific reasoning (whether it be simple or complicated) and that just never cut it because he claimed that his observational logic is more reliable than indoctrinated formulas. Well, that all changed when he concluded that the sun doesn't in fact fall below the horizon. It's obvious now that he doesn't rely on his logic and observation as he claimed, and hence, I believe that he knows FET is flawed and can't be the answer.

Although, this is all assuming that his logic is sound...

What really gets me is that Sceptimatic started out as a round earth geocentrist and "converted" to an FE'er.  That is really odd to me because round earth geocentrism matches most general observational far, far better than FET.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

Puttah

« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2013, 09:40:58 AM »
What really gets me is that Sceptimatic started out as a round earth geocentrist and "converted" to an FE'er.  That is really odd to me because round earth geocentrism matches most general observational far, far better than FET.

Well, he has minimal scientific knowledge, and this forum is already swarmed with intelligent REers that don't have enough FEers that are active enough to participate in the brutal onslaught. So I guess his only place here was to start playing devil's advocate with a specialty in logical thinking that was supposed to replace science - yet even the logic has recently broken down into embarrassingly crude pseudo-scientific theories.
Scepti, this idiocy needs to stop and it needs to stop right now. You are making a mockery of this fine forum with your poor trolling. You are a complete disgrace.

?

Puttah

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2013, 09:54:40 AM »
I think this should be moved to the rant section or complete nonsense or lounge, as it clearly turning into a thread of frustration for a few members.  ;D

I'm not frustrated  :P And I think it's a good question, and it's general talk which is related to FET, so it perfectly fits this forum.

?

RyanTG

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2013, 03:38:54 PM »
I think this should be moved to the rant section or complete nonsense or lounge, as it clearly turning into a thread of frustration for a few members.  ;D

Please tell me you watched that midget video...

PizzaPlanet

• Now available in stereo
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2013, 04:02:23 PM »
Just wondering...
Seeing how sceptimatic is not a member, he most certainly is not the only active member.
hacking your precious forum as we speak 8) 8) 8)

?

RyanTG

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2013, 04:28:29 AM »
Just wondering...
Seeing how sceptimatic is not a member, he most certainly is not the only active member.

As a non-sequitar, your profile picture GIF thing scares the shit out of me, on so many levels. Why do you have a little girl as your profile image?

« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2013, 11:57:19 AM »
No.

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2013, 02:42:10 PM »
Scepti is not an "FE member" but I am sure Willmore in his infinite wisdom will grant him at least 4 lit squares very very soon.

PizzaPlanet

• Now available in stereo
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2013, 03:52:35 PM »
As a non-sequitar, your profile picture GIF thing scares the shit out of me, on so many levels. Why do you have a little girl as your profile image?
I have always had the best avatar. It wasn't always this avatar, but it was always the best.
hacking your precious forum as we speak 8) 8) 8)

?

Shmeggley

• Eppur si muove!
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2013, 04:33:09 PM »
He might not be the only active (non)member, but I would bet he's in the running at least for the most active. That weirdly charming combination of ignorance and absolute conviction has propelled who knows how many threads into dozens of pages, just since I've been here. I'll also agree with what others have said before, that if he's a troll, he's a brilliant one.
Giess what? I am a tin foil hat conspiracy lunatic who knows nothing... See what I'm getting at here?

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2013, 06:28:49 PM »
Scepti seems to be one of the few fighting the good fight day after day, but I always love when Tom busts in and shatters dreams...he's great too.

« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2013, 09:16:51 PM »
Scepti seems to be one of the few fighting the good fight day after day, but I always love when Tom busts in and shatters dreams...he's great too.

That's because you two are eerily similar.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 09:18:28 PM by FlatOrange »
Quote from: Heiwa
You are ignoring this user. Show me the post.

« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2013, 11:27:33 PM »

That's because you two are eerily similar.

I take that as a compliment.

?

Puttah

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2013, 11:33:07 PM »

It definitely does seem likely that Thinker is scepti's alt.

Thork

• Please do not touch or disturb me.
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2013, 01:24:17 AM »
Just wondering...
This is a bit of a technical paradox. How exactly is he supposed to become a member?

http://theflatearthsociety.org/cms/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=49&Itemid=66

Anyone who uses the site is a forum member, and that's the best we have right now.

?

squevil

• Official Member
  • Im Telling On You
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2013, 03:14:36 AM »
It is to keep out the riff raff.