Sextants and Latitude

• 5 Replies
?

EireEngineer

• Woo Nemesis
Sextants and Latitude
« on: October 17, 2009, 08:27:15 AM »
How do flat earthers explain the use of sextants (much less the operation of GPS) to tell position?
If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the precipitate.

Re: Sextants and Latitude
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 06:56:16 PM »
How do flat earthers explain the use of sextants (much less the operation of GPS) to tell position?

Ignored for four years. I'm glad this was brought to my attention, because I'm interested to see if anybody will respond. Maybe by posting I'll bring attention to it, and we can maybe get this thing answered.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 07:52:17 PM »

Ignored for four years. I'm glad this was brought to my attention, because I'm interested to see if anybody will respond. Maybe by posting I'll bring attention to it, and we can maybe get this thing answered.

There is a more technical post from last year by a user named Hippie Sailor (sp.?) that went unanswered. Worth having a look at but I cannot track it down at this time.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

?

Scintific Method

• Trust, but verify.
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 08:36:54 PM »
I just happened to remember it: Flat Earth Kryptonite. I'll add it to your list Alex.
Quote from: jtelroy
...the FE'ers still found a way to deny it. Not with counter arguments. Not with proof of any kind. By simply denying it.

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt."

Junker

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 09:12:26 PM »
Alex Tomasovich Don't hold your breath while waiting for an answer ! LOL.

If you have nothing to add, please don't post.  If you want to complain, please use AR.

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2013, 04:22:20 AM »
So.. thats it? Nobody's going to answer him? And this is section is for people that want their questions answered. So, either nobody here knows anything, or there is no way to to explain this.