Turns out the Earth really is flat*

• 54 Replies
Re: Turns out the Earth really is flat*
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2013, 10:49:42 PM »
I don't know. I just present different theories. If our earth is spherical then for sure the north and south polar regions are entrances to infinite earth. I refuse to believe in hollow earth. Yet so many accounts describe landmasses beyond the poles, paradise and such. These entrances are not into inner earth but rather to higher infinite earth.
JJA voted for Pedro

« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2013, 09:54:41 AM »
I don't know. I just present different theories. If our earth is spherical then for sure the north and south polar regions are entrances to infinite earth.
Your reasoning behind that theory?

I refuse to believe in hollow earth. Yet so many accounts describe landmasses beyond the poles, paradise and such. These entrances are not into inner earth but rather to higher infinite earth.
Yes, one would indeed encounter more landmasses if traveling over one pole or the other.  If I travel from Canada to the N. pole and beyond, I'll come to Russia.

« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2013, 01:29:28 AM »
I don't know. I just present different theories. If our earth is spherical then for sure the north and south polar regions are entrances to infinite earth.

I refuse to believe in hollow earth. Yet so many accounts describe landmasses beyond the poles, paradise and such. These entrances are not into inner earth but rather to higher infinite earth.
Yes, one would indeed encounter more landmasses if traveling over one pole or the other.  If I travel from Canada to the N. pole and beyond, I'll come to Russia.

Then why no airplanes fly to Russia over the north pole? Why do they fly only over the southern tip of Greenland? When Admiral Byrd described the land beyond the north pole he didn't describe Russia. He called the land and I quote "The center of great unknown" The land had tropical climate and animals that have been extinct in our world for a long time.  Just about every ancient culture all over the world say the same thing when it comes to the north pole, that vast lands exist beyond the pole, both north and south. Its not just admiral Byrd. The most popular interpretation to this phenomenon is a theory of hollow earth. But that theory is not possible and has been proven to be incorrect. What I think is happening at the poles (if the earth is spherical to begin with) is some sort of a ultra dimensional continuation of earth and the transformation from sphere into plane. Can't really figure out how it all works but hoping to one day.
JJA voted for Pedro

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2013, 04:49:58 AM »
Not an expert on these things, but this page, written by one who maybe shares some of your beliefs, says that the account of Byrd you mention was actually in reference to Antarctica.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

?

Shmeggley

• Eppur si muove!
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2013, 06:13:10 PM »

Then why no airplanes fly to Russia over the north pole? Why do they fly only over the southern tip of Greenland?

Probably because it's the shortest route? People don't fly over the poles without a good reason.

When Admiral Byrd described the land beyond the north pole he didn't describe Russia. He called the land and I quote "The center of great unknown" The land had tropical climate and animals that have been extinct in our world for a long time.  Just about every ancient culture all over the world say the same thing when it comes to the north pole, that vast lands exist beyond the pole, both north and south. Its not just admiral Byrd. The most popular interpretation to this phenomenon is a theory of hollow earth. But that theory is not possible and has been proven to be incorrect. What I think is happening at the poles (if the earth is spherical to begin with) is some sort of a ultra dimensional continuation of earth and the transformation from sphere into plane. Can't really figure out how it all works but hoping to one day.

Why put so much stock in what ancient cultures thought about the poles? People have made up all kinds of stories about places they have never been. Just because some of the stories might happen to resemble actual discoveries from exploration doesn't mean they were right all along.

And have you really compared all the unusual stories such as Byrd's against all the historical polar expeditions that don't mention hidden paradises and such? Why believe in the fanciful, wild stories rather than the more mundane (but still amazing) ones, unless that's just what you want to believe?
Giess what? I am a tin foil hat conspiracy lunatic who knows nothing... See what I'm getting at here?

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2013, 06:34:44 PM »
Schmeggley, Admiral Byrd was a USN Rear Admiral, who is credited with the first fly over of the South Pole and probably farudulently claimed to be the first over the North Pole as well.  He died in the 1970s I think.  Not really an ancient culture.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

?

Shmeggley

• Eppur si muove!
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2013, 06:46:16 PM »
Schmeggley, Admiral Byrd was a USN Rear Admiral, who is credited with the first fly over of the South Pole and probably farudulently claimed to be the first over the North Pole as well.  He died in the 1970s I think.  Not really an ancient culture.

I didn't mean to imply that Byrd was from an ancient culture.   :-[

I was trying to get at this idea that ancient myths and legends somehow have credibility if some details happen to coincide with more recently gained knowledge. It's Truth Myth that seems to be claiming that ancient cultures corroborate stories like Byrd's:

When Admiral Byrd described the land beyond the north pole he didn't describe Russia. He called the land and I quote "The center of great unknown" The land had tropical climate and animals that have been extinct in our world for a long time.  Just about every ancient culture all over the world say the same thing when it comes to the north pole, that vast lands exist beyond the pole, both north and south. Its not just admiral Byrd.

I'm not much on history, or obscure ancient cultures, but I've read some Greek, Roman and Norse myths and I've never heard of any hollow Earth stories. Not to say these stories don't exist, but I wonder which ones he's talking about. Again, not that they have any credibility whatsoever.

Of course taking ancient myths to be true seems to be kind of his shtick, judging by his name.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 06:48:53 PM by Shmeggley »
Giess what? I am a tin foil hat conspiracy lunatic who knows nothing... See what I'm getting at here?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2013, 07:32:13 PM »
Then why no airplanes fly to Russia over the north pole?
Because airline safety regulations require that commercial jets always be within a certain range of an emergency landing field.  There typically aren't any suitable landing fields near the north or south poles.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2013, 02:43:43 AM »
Not an expert on these things, but this page, written by one who maybe shares some of your beliefs, says that the account of Byrd you mention was actually in reference to Antarctica.

Yes I'm very familiar with Amadeo Gianini and actually own his book called "Worlds Beyond the Poles" However Guannini says that to imagine infinite earth or worlds beyond poles, we simply have to add an additional globe on top of the north pole and do the same with the south. In his model earth is spindle type of shape, so basically you got endless globes one on top of another. I completely disagree with such theory. Infinite earth is not bunch of connected globes.
JJA voted for Pedro

« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2013, 02:47:13 AM »
Then why no airplanes fly to Russia over the north pole?
Because airline safety regulations require that commercial jets always be within a certain range of an emergency landing field.  There typically aren't any suitable landing fields near the north or south poles.

Incorrect and I already proved in my previous posts that this is not the case. For example its actually a lot safer to fly over south pole when traveling from Argentina to Australia then over south pacific. You see Antarctica actually has more landing strips then pacific ocean. Yet every flight is done over the pacific and never over south pole. The safer flight argument can only apply to north pole because the north pole is indeed over Arctic ocean and it would be safer to fly over Greenland and Iceland. This is not the case with Southern Hemisphere.
JJA voted for Pedro

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2013, 05:27:47 AM »
Just because there are landing strips on Antarctica does not mean they are suitable for large commercial aircraft.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2013, 06:40:35 AM »
Just because there are landing strips on Antarctica does not mean they are suitable for large commercial aircraft.

Just because you imply they are not does not mean they are not.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2013, 08:09:17 AM »

Thanks for your insight.  I was just pointing out that the previous poster had not shown that it was safer to fly over Antarctica.  In case anyone is interested, here are the FAA regulations for flying over the northern polar region.  As you can clearly see, operations there are contingent on suitable landing areas based on variable weather.  It is not a big leap to imagine that a similar issue must be considered for southern polar flights.  There is a discussion of trans south pole flights here

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2013, 09:49:12 AM »

Large commercial airliners are not designed to safely land on snow.  Large military aircraft that bring in supplies to these "landing fields" are adapted to safely land on and take off from snow covered landing strips.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 09:50:55 AM by markjo »

« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2013, 12:34:42 PM »
No one is saying its safe to land in Antarctica. The argument here is what is the worst of two evils. Does an airplane have a better chance to land on solid yet icy ground as in the case of Antarctica or in the waters of the pacific ocean? Common sense dictates that if something goes wrong over south pacific your chances of survival are very low. Commercial airline jets are not amphibious and cannot land on water. Therefore crash landing in Antarctica (solid land) gives you a better chance of survival.
JJA voted for Pedro

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2013, 12:46:18 PM »
Your chances of survival in Antarctica from a crashed plane are incredibly low.   Freezing temperatures,  high winds,  no water to consume without the risk of dropping your core temperature faster,  and no source of food.  Couple that with the risk of bad weather at the bases preventing a rescue attempt and you have a dead flight.   At least in the ocean you have a chance to create a raft from floating debris,  you can rig up a system to give you drinkable water,  more easily reached by different types of would be rescuers, and the chance to catch fish.  I'll take my chances in the Pacific.
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2013, 01:25:12 PM »
Your chances of survival in Antarctica from a crashed plane are incredibly low.   Freezing temperatures,  high winds,  no water to consume without the risk of dropping your core temperature faster,  and no source of food.  Couple that with the risk of bad weather at the bases preventing a rescue attempt and you have a dead flight.   At least in the ocean you have a chance to create a raft from floating debris,  you can rig up a system to give you drinkable water,  more easily reached by different types of would be rescuers, and the chance to catch fish.  I'll take my chances in the Pacific.

Except that you cannot land in water and therefore will instantly die upon impact. The chances of survival from airplane crash are low, no matter where you are. But to say that Pacific is somehow safer then Antarctica is just ridiculous, not to mention your exotic fishing trip after your crash lol
JJA voted for Pedro

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2013, 01:54:32 PM »

Except that you cannot land in water and therefore will instantly die upon impact. The chances of survival from airplane crash are low, no matter where you are. But to say that Pacific is somehow safer then Antarctica is just ridiculous, not to mention your exotic fishing trip after your crash lol
Land is far more rigid than water.   Admittedly, hitting water at high speeds makes it feel just like hitting land,  but I'd be willing to wager more people would survive a water crash than an identical land crash.  If you were but prepared for the crash,  so you honestly think you'd have a better chance of surviving in Antarctica?   Even during the summer months,  it is incredibly cold,  and you'd likely be traveling with a light jacket at best during that time.
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

?

Puttah

« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2013, 07:29:38 PM »
Commercial airline jets are not amphibious and cannot land on water. Therefore crash landing in Antarctica (solid land) gives you a better chance of survival.

I'd imagine a crash landing means that you crash while attempting to land. This'll happen on both water and land with terrible force, and I'm pretty sure that the inevitable fireball is what would consume the plane and most of its passengers with it, which gives a water crash landing a clear advantage in that regard.

Crash land me in water, not on an uninhabitable cold and dry landmass.
Scepti, this idiocy needs to stop and it needs to stop right now. You are making a mockery of this fine forum with your poor trolling. You are a complete disgrace.

« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2013, 08:15:44 PM »
Except that you cannot land in water and therefore will instantly die upon impact.

Several people would beg to differ.
#" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">CCTV Of US Airways 1549 Con Edison Security Camera

Depends on the skill of the pilots and how rough the water is.

« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2013, 03:22:07 AM »
The argument here is not which death is sweeter on land or water. A crash is a crash, do you have chances to survive in water, of course you do, miracles happen. Do you have a chance to survive on land, sure. I think when you crash you are in God's hands and if you are meant to live, you will live. You guys gotta really read these threads before posting anything. The argument was presented here that planes don't fly over Antarctica and south pole because it is dangerous and it is safer to fly over open south pacific ocean. I have successfully proved that it is not so. The other side is yet to present their counter argument, they haven't done so.
JJA voted for Pedro

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2013, 06:14:52 AM »
The argument here is not which death is sweeter on land or water.
Which is why I mentioned the lack of suitable emergency landing strips where safe landings could be made along polar routes.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 06:19:44 AM by markjo »

« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2013, 03:56:30 AM »
Which is why I mentioned the lack of suitable emergency landing strips where safe landings could be made along polar routes.

Please list me all safe landing strips in open south pacific ocean between South America and Australia, and no do not mention any big islands like Fiji or Samoa, because the distance between some of those islands could be thousands of miles.
JJA voted for Pedro

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2013, 05:00:20 AM »
You can't exclude safe landing strips from your list of safe landing strips. What's the point if the exercise then?  Just to confirm your beliefs?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2013, 05:15:58 AM »

Please list me all safe landing strips in open south pacific ocean between South America and Australia, and no do not mention any big islands like Fiji or Samoa, because the distance between some of those islands could be thousands of miles.

Long distance routes are designed so that safe landing strips are always within a certain number of hours (4 I think).