Ever heard about Einstein ?

• 28 Replies
Ever heard about Einstein ?
« on: May 24, 2013, 06:25:28 PM »
Hello guys ! To begin with, I'd like to apologize for my english that may not be perfect, as I'm French.
I've read the FAQ so please, don't ask me to check it out.
Have you ever heard about Einstein and about the light curving, due to gravity ( due to the mass of a spherical planet spining in space by the way ) ?
I know what you think about gravity, but I'm quite sure you are not levitating right now and that you're touching the ground...
Also, how could we have a north Pole and a South Pole ( prooved to be magnetic and not geographically set according to the age ) if the Earth was flat ? How can we have different hours dependind on the meridian where we are on Earth and a day still lasting 24 hours ? I've seen that some of you think that Earth is different, and that other planets may be spherical, why would it be like that ?

I respect your point of view, please answer to me with logical facts, not with so-called, conspiracy, plot, or I don't know what

Junker

Re: Ever heard about Einstein ?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 06:34:50 PM »
Hello guys ! To begin with, I'd like to apologize for my english that may not be perfect, as I'm French.
I've read the FAQ so please, don't ask me to check it out.

Welcome.  There are many folks here whose first language is not English, so don't worry.  Glad that you read the FAQ.  I also suggest reading the Wiki.

Have you ever heard about Einstein and about the light curving, due to gravity ( due to the mass of a spherical planet spining in space by the way ) ?

Yes, most folks here are familiar with Einstein.  Einstein also says that there is no difference between the effect of gravity and an object in a non-inertial frame of reference.

I know what you think about gravity, but I'm quite sure you are not levitating right now and that you're touching the ground...

No one is suggesting anyone is levitating.

Also, how could we have a north Pole and a South Pole ( prooved to be magnetic and not geographically set according to the age ) if the Earth was flat ? How can we have different hours dependind on the meridian where we are on Earth and a day still lasting 24 hours ? I've seen that some of you think that Earth is different, and that other planets may be spherical, why would it be like that ?

All of these topics have been covered.  I must suggest that you use the search function and do some research.  If you cannot find an answer, I suggest opening a thread in the Q&A section.

I respect your point of view, please answer to me with logical facts, not with so-called, conspiracy, plot, or I don't know what

The existence of a conspiracy is a key tenet for a segment of FET.  Saying that you don't want to hear that as an answer doesn't change anything.

Welcome, and have a good stay.

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 06:41:56 PM »
Junker. You are like the receptionist in a hotel.

"Welcome....here is some information, have a good look around and enjoy your stay.."

Big difference with me for example, if one is asking a question I jump in to give plenty of explanation.

All you do is say to have a look around and search for the answers, but me and many other RE have experienced there are no answers to be found and no one is caring to provide the answers either.
Hello!

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 06:50:39 PM »
Well Junker, by an object in a non-inertial frame of reference, do you mean like an asteroid in space ?

And about my topics that you consider covered, when I asked for logical facts, did I forget to mention SERIOUS logical facts ?

Junker

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 06:52:46 PM »

"Welcome....here is some information, have a good look around and enjoy your stay.."

Big difference with me for example, if one is asking a question I jump in to give plenty of explanation.

All you do is say to have a look around and search for the answers, but me and many other RE have experienced there are no answers to be found and no one is caring to provide the answers either.

Your reply adds no benefit to the new member.  Go baww somewhere else, or post something relevant.  Every new user I encounter, I am going to stress the importance of doing research before posting.  I realize you are lazy and don't ever want to search, you'd rather spend time drawing awful pictures and whining that no one answers your questions.

Junker

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2013, 06:56:01 PM »
Well Junker, by an object in a non-inertial frame of reference, do you mean like an asteroid in space ?

No.  Unless that asteroid is in a perpetual state of acceleration.  Please review the Equivalence Principle

And about my topics that you consider covered, when I asked for logical facts, did I forget to mention SERIOUS logical facts ?

You did forget to "mention" that, but I am not sure what the difference is.  A logical fact is a logical fact.

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2013, 06:56:20 PM »

No the non-inertial frame of reference is that you have no sense of how you are moving. Like the Vomit Comet for example. The plane that simulates weightlessness. On the inside of the airplane you will have no idea you're actually diving towards earth, everything on the inside just appears to be weightless to you.
The flat earthers use this to explain that on a flat disc, you would not know it is accelerating upwards at a constant speed. The constant acceleration causes objects to appear falling towards the earth, while actually the earth is going upwards.

This theory of an ever accelerating upwards earth however has been debunked already and the reason that refutes it completely is the fact that humanity has measured different gravitional pulls on different places on the earth. This would be impossible on a flat disc accelerating upwards at a constant speed. As any differences would cause the earth to rip apart.
Hello!

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2013, 06:59:06 PM »

Your reply adds no benefit to the new member.  Go baww somewhere else, or post something relevant.  Every new user I encounter, I am going to stress the importance of doing research before posting.  I realize you are lazy and don't ever want to search, you'd rather spend time drawing awful pictures and whining that no one answers your questions.

Sure it adds benefit to the new member. He now knows what he is up to and as you see from my latest reply to the new member I even care to explain the FET. Something I haven't seen you doing, neither have I seen you explaining the FET using your own diagrams. All of that I do, but rather to explain why the FE is not possible.
Hello!

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2013, 07:06:45 PM »
Ok, sorry for my English misunderstanding, I now know what you mean, however, I find really funny the fact that someone believing the Earth is flat asks me to review anything regarding science, how about going back to highschool ? No, seriously, I suppose you grew up with the idea that the earth was round, what made change your mind ?

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2013, 07:14:36 PM »
Ok, sorry for my English misunderstanding, I now know what you mean, however, I find really funny the fact that someone believing the Earth is flat asks me to review anything regarding science, how about going back to highschool ? No, seriously, I suppose you grew up with the idea that the earth was round, what made change your mind ?

See this thread for some answers http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php/topic,58736.0.html#.UaAecNjoDCA
Hello!

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2013, 07:17:43 PM »
I see... We're at a point where facepalm are not enough anymore

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2013, 07:29:05 PM »
If you wish to treat the subject seriously, please explain what your objections to our explanations are.  As Junker pointed out, your questions have been answered, many in the FAQ you apparently didn't read very carefully.

If you don't wish to treat the subject seriously, please either leave or confine your antics to Angry Ranting and Complete Nonsense.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2013, 07:41:18 PM »

Yes, most folks here are familiar with Einstein.  Einstein also says that there is no difference between the effect of gravity and an object in a non-inertial frame of reference.

Most FE'ers also ignore the fact that the equivalence principle is only valid in homogenous gravitational fields.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2013, 07:49:11 PM »
I've just read the FAQ again, and I see no proof, just claimings of conspiration and non-scientist explanations that make no sense, nothing has been answered, you're just running away from real explanations, all you do is deny, and when someone shows you the truth, you deny again. I'm not making any nonsense here. You are.
My objections are very simple and are resumed in this link : http://www.smarterthanthat.com/astronomy/top-10-ways-to-know-the-earth-is-not-flat/
Feel free to explain your own objections to that and to what I've already said, becauce you're good to refer to your FAQ as the Holy Bible, but when it comes to give explanation yoursel, nobody's around .

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2013, 07:50:10 PM »
"

Most FE'ers also ignore the fact that the equivalence principle is only valid in homogenous gravitational fields.
"
So true !

Junker

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2013, 07:51:16 PM »
I've just read the FAQ again, and I see no proof, just claimings of conspiration and non-scientist explanations that make no sense, nothing has been answered, you're just running away from real explanations, all you do is deny, and when someone shows you the truth, you deny again. I'm not making any nonsense here. You are.
My objections are very simple and are resumed in this link : http://www.smarterthanthat.com/astronomy/top-10-ways-to-know-the-earth-is-not-flat/
Feel free to explain your own objections to that and to what I've already said, becauce you're good to refer to your FAQ as the Holy Bible, but when it comes to give explanation yoursel, nobody's around .

These have all been covered.  You clearly have spent no time looking so I am not going to dignify your laziness with answers.

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2013, 07:56:44 PM »

"These have all been covered.  You clearly have spent no time looking so I am not going to dignify your laziness with answers.

You're just making what I just said even more true, thanks, I don't think I'm the lazy one here. And please, stop repeating always the same thing " These have all been covered" you're looking like a member of a sect trying to hypnotise me

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2013, 08:06:26 PM »

You learn quickly young apprentice, the force is strong in you. Promising you are ;)
Hello!

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2013, 08:08:37 PM »
These have all been covered.  You clearly have spent no time looking so I am not going to dignify your laziness with answers.

Many of us did look, you are the most lazy person around here, because all you do is tell others to look, but never care yourself to provide a link or explanations.

Hello!

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2013, 08:09:32 PM »
"You learn quickly young apprentice, the force is strong in you. Promising you are ;)
[/quote]
Thanks master, but the road is long untill they give the dark side and come back in the light  ;)

Junker

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2013, 08:13:03 PM »

Many of us did look, you are the most lazy person around here, because all you do is tell others to look, but never care yourself to provide a link or explanations.

Do you have any evidence to support your outlandish claim?

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2013, 08:27:39 PM »
Yep, I just gave you 10 in this link http://www.smarterthanthat.com/astronomy/top-10-ways-to-know-the-earth-is-not-flat/, but anyway...
Earth is not the pancake you think it is, I would even say that its shape would be closer to the shape of your brain. If you had any. I can see you still haven't understand what we were saying to you about explaining your point of view to us

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2013, 08:37:12 PM »

Do you have any evidence to support your outlandish claim?

That I do. In none of your posts you posted have you ever given a decent explanation http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=17763;area=showposts;start=0

The answers you do give mostly comprise of one sentence, and if it does contain more than one sentence it contains words like "I assume" "I think" "I believe" or things like that. Even in a thread in which I raised questions you stated and I quote
am suggesting you take a moment to try to find the answer, then note the ones you haven't found an answer for; finally, post threads/questions on those.  It is pretty easy to do a search and quickly weed out the results.
and is in this thread for everyone to see http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php/topic,58697.msg1495616.html#msg1495616

In that same thread, you said and I quote
Do some research, and post specific questions.

Same thread
Try lurking moar.  There are multiple theories, pressure from aether, etc.  Actually, don't bother.  You will just ignore everything and whine that your questions aren't being answered.

Same thread to OP
Welcome.  I would first suggest that you do a bit more searching and go over the FAQ and the wiki, as all of these questions have been addressed.  If you can't find an answer or are looking for more information, myself and others are happy to help.

Another thread http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php/topic,58689.msg1494190.html#msg1494190 you say and I quote
  Try lurking moar.  You'll find at least a few answers that even you will be satisfied with.

And then I wonder why you said something like this
People here can be very "generous" and patient explaining things.  You just have to be willing to listen instead of asking a question with the intention of discarding the response.

Explaining things? One sentence, and if it does contain more than one sentence it contains words like "I assume" "I think" "I believe" or things like that. In the posts I have seen from you so far, you never provide grounded reasons. Not even links to grounded reasons.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 08:39:17 PM by Lolflatdisc »
Hello!

Junker

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2013, 08:40:08 PM »
bawwwwwwww

I am sorry I try to teach people to be self-sufficient.  I took the time to search, you can too.  I am always going to inform new members to take some time to research.

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2013, 08:46:56 PM »
bawwwwwwww

I am sorry I try to teach people to be self-sufficient.  I took the time to search, you can too.  I am always going to inform new members to take some time to research.

I could tell you to be self-sufficient and take time to search that in fact the earth is a sphere. Doesn't bring you anywhere, now does it?

Just look at this thread. Did any FE go on and explain what the non-intertial reference frame is to AlexNed? No..I did. Such a simple explanation and you do not even care to explain it.

Hello!

Junker

« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2013, 09:06:33 PM »
I could tell you to be self-sufficient and take time to search that in fact the earth is a sphere. Doesn't bring you anywhere, now does it?

I have done that, thanks though.

Just look at this thread. Did any FE go on and explain what the non-intertial reference frame is to AlexNed? No..I did. Such a simple explanation and you do not even care to explain it.

No, because he came in ready to insult. His subsequent posts prove that point.  I am not going to offer help to anyone who isn't going to make an effort.

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2013, 09:12:53 PM »
No, because he came in ready to insult. His subsequent posts prove that point.  I am not going to offer help to anyone who isn't going to make an effort.

If I were you I would uderstand why he would want to ridicule the theory, show him why he is wrong to ridicule and care to give some explanations to make him think otherwise. I am not a supporter of the FET and even I cared to explain him the non-inertial reference frame and what the FES means with it. But since I am not you I guess that would be the difference between you and me..?

Hello!

Junker

« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2013, 09:18:02 PM »
If I were you I would uderstand why he would want to ridicule the theory, show him why he is wrong to ridicule and care to give some explanations to make him think otherwise.

I know why he wants to, and am not interested.  He clearly had no intentions of having a serious discussion.  If he discussed it sincerely, I would be happy to help.

I am not a supporter of the FET and even I cared to explain him the non-inertial reference frame and what the FES means with it. But since I am not you I guess that would be the difference between you and me..?

I am happy for you.  He still didn't care after you did, so you wasted your time.  I guess that is the difference between us.  I prefer meaningful discussion, you prefer to waste time.

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2013, 10:09:35 PM »
If I were you I would uderstand why he would want to ridicule the theory, show him why he is wrong to ridicule and care to give some explanations to make him think otherwise.

I know why he wants to, and am not interested.  He clearly had no intentions of having a serious discussion.  If he discussed it sincerely, I would be happy to help.

It was his first post. I wouldn't jump to conclusions so quickly.

I am not a supporter of the FET and even I cared to explain him the non-inertial reference frame and what the FES means with it. But since I am not you I guess that would be the difference between you and me..?

I am happy for you.  He still didn't care after you did, so you wasted your time.  I guess that is the difference between us.  I prefer meaningful discussion, you prefer to waste time.
[/quote]

That is because I also refuted the UA right away and I don't care to defend the FET, because I don't think we live on a flat earth to start with. I explained it to him nonetheless. I guess that is the difference between us. I care to give an explanation, whilst you do not

If I were thinking I would waste my time, I wouldn't be here.
Hello!