Must Flat Earther's also subscribe to the moon hoax conspiracies?

• 93 Replies

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
Re: Must Flat Earther's also subscribe to the moon hoax conspiracies?
« Reply #60 on: May 19, 2013, 07:51:09 AM »
They are liars and if you have seen that picture in space from your own telescope, then you are also a liar.

Among the stupidest sentences ever recorded.  Sig'd.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

?

Puttah

« Reply #61 on: May 19, 2013, 07:51:56 AM »
Once you find observable evidence that can be thoroughly backed up without the use of manipulation and indoctrination, I'd say it would destroy any other theory.

Awesome, so the only real difference between the scientific method and your genuine science is that you believe all previous work done by mainstream science is "manipulation and indoctrination", which is definitely not a problem. In case you didn't already know, FET hasn't been ripped apart simply because mainstream science says so, but because observational evidence disagrees.

Do you know of anything that has or can destroy the flat earth theory that you can personally back up?

Everyone knows that the sun falls into the horizon, but this is not possible on a flat Earth. Is that not an example of observational evidence that isn't based on manipulation and indoctrination, but also destroys the flat Earth theory?
Scepti, this idiocy needs to stop and it needs to stop right now. You are making a mockery of this fine forum with your poor trolling. You are a complete disgrace.

?

Puttah

« Reply #62 on: May 19, 2013, 07:55:56 AM »
They are liars and if you have seen that picture in space from your own telescope, then you are also a liar.

Among the stupidest sentences ever recorded.  Sig'd.

Not so much stupidity as it is paranoia.
Scepti, this idiocy needs to stop and it needs to stop right now. You are making a mockery of this fine forum with your poor trolling. You are a complete disgrace.

« Reply #63 on: May 19, 2013, 07:56:19 AM »

Yes I've seen the ISS, in model form. There's loads of pictures of the model on the net. I've never seen it in space, because it does not exist, except from liars who post up stupid images of what's supposed to be the ISS in space.

Guess what Sceptimatic, because you never looked into space on a clear night sky. It is a very simple way to verify it.

Use one of the ISS trackers available to you. Here is a tool to determine when it will be visible for your location, along with the times. http://iss.astroviewer.net/observation.php
Just go out in the night and see it for yourself and if you have a telescope yourself, you can even see the details yourself.
You don't believe it, because you do not want to see it...use the tool I gave you and go out. You will have nothing more to say it does not exist. 

Hello!

?

Puttah

« Reply #64 on: May 19, 2013, 08:03:21 AM »
Logic will dictate that it's all a load of old tripe for many people.
You were told the earth is rotating and is a globe and you believe it because you are conscious of the masses believing the same thing.
Go and run into a packed church and tell them there is no god, then stay around for questions and answers.

It all depends on how you view things and how people view you.
A thousand people can kneel and pray to an invisible god and all will be fine.
You start walking the streets talking to your invisible friend and you will end up in a straight jacket.

What's real and what isn't, is a matter of using one's own logic, yet we are geared to ridicule each other if that logic differs from what others believe.

The flaw with that analogy is that more and more people are becoming Atheists because logically, it makes sense, but less and less people are believing in a flat Earth, because logically, it doesn't make sense.

The flat Earth belief IS theism, so don't go comparing it to atheism because that's simply being dishonest.

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #65 on: May 19, 2013, 08:05:55 AM »
You never really answered my question about how we know what is absolute truth by way of observation and using our senses. I don't really want to talk about scientists or education or any of that sort, I just want to figure this out.

I'll use the example of consciousness. I advocate the idea of materialism, that is the mind (brain) causes our consciousness by means of neuronal firings etc, which you may or may not agree with, but by observation, when somebody gets hit in the head they become mentally impaired, their consciousness is effected.

There is a phenomenon called an OBE, out of body experience. This is when people believe they float above their body, their consciousness transcends their body and they can perceive the world around them. By observation alone, (if you experienced this) you would come to the conclusion you really transcended your body. Have you really transcended your body however? This a perfect example of the human senses can be extremely fallible.

If you subscribe to the idea of materialism like me, you should conclude that no, you cannot transcend your body it is merely a neurological hallucination. But going by senses alone one would believe they are capable of leaving their body at will.

So how do we go about deciding what is right and what is wrong? In this endeavour for truth, there needs to be some sort of system in place that will enable us to differentiate between the truth and illusions. We certainly cannot use our senses, the zetetic method is prone to unbelievable fallibility.
The truth is, we don't even know our own minds, we do not know what is true and what is not true in terms of out of body, death etc experiences, so we have to go on what we perceive whilst we are conscious, as in, bodily functioning real world conscious, so on that note, we have to be able to physically verify what we see, or rely on faith as to what we think we can see.
It's like a belief in a god, or Noah or Moses, etc.
An historian can tell you all you need to know about Noah and Jesus and what not and you can recite all that to the next generation and yet you believe it all, (not you) or you have faith that's it's all what it was in those times.
There's people today that are looking for Noahs boat and believing he was over 800 years old.
Ask kids of today who built the Ark and most will tell you that Noah did and that he took all the animals in two by two.

People believe that and who is to say they are wrong to believe that?
Logic will dictate that it's all a load of old tripe for many people.
You were told the earth is rotating and is a globe and you believe it because you are conscious of the masses believing the same thing.
Go and run into a packed church and tell them there is no god, then stay around for questions and answers.

It all depends on how you view things and how people view you.
A thousand people can kneel and pray to an invisible god and all will be fine.
You start walking the streets talking to your invisible friend and you will end up in a straight jacket.

What's real and what isn't, is a matter of using one's own logic, yet we are geared to ridicule each other if that logic differs from what others believe.

You cannot equate a round Earth with faith without also equating flat Earth with faith.  How about you go into a physics department and explain to a professor that F does not in fact = M*A.  And then try to actually LISTEN to his explanation instead of shutting your brain down, poking your fingers in your ears and saying "Lalalala"
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

« Reply #66 on: May 19, 2013, 08:14:15 AM »
Sceptimatic. Did you see my theory of pink flying hippos with shooting trails of rainbow colour? Just between you and me...it is real for sure.
Hello!

?

RyanTG

• If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong.
« Reply #67 on: May 19, 2013, 08:19:34 AM »
You have built this worldview, it seems, so that everybody that advocates the mainstream consensus view on a topic is wrong but those that derive an answer through their own logical reasoning may not be correct, but are more correct than the first group. So I don't really have an opinion because I have been "indoctrinated", but your answers are perfectly valid because you formulated them yourself with no outside influences.

"...we have to be able to physically verify what we see, or rely on faith as to what we think we can see."

Don't you think that sort of reasoning is baseless or extremely unreliable? Why do you think so many people believe in psychics, ghosts, demons, useless alternative medications, UFOs, telepathy, auras etc?

They believe in them because they are applying the same method as you are advocating, believing in what one can observe through "logic" and through their senses.

Yet when they are tested under rigorous controlled studies, they all collapse in on themselves, there simply is nothing to them, ghosts do not exist, demons cannot possess people. Yet there are hundreds of millions of people, especially in third world countries that subscribe to this sort of witchcraft. People are stoned, in the 21st century because one person accuses another of possessing another's body or casting curses or demons on someone.

There are people who believe they can predict the future, which is absolutely absurd, but according to you, because they have this idea which has been derived through observation, they are perfectly correct in their reasoning.

« Reply #68 on: May 19, 2013, 08:31:00 AM »
You have built this worldview, it seems, so that everybody that advocates the mainstream consensus view on a topic is wrong but those that derive an answer through their own logical reasoning may not be correct, but are more correct than the first group. So I don't really have an opinion because I have been "indoctrinated", but your answers are perfectly valid because you formulated them yourself with no outside influences.

"...we have to be able to physically verify what we see, or rely on faith as to what we think we can see."

Don't you think that sort of reasoning is baseless or extremely unreliable? Why do you think so many people believe in psychics, ghosts, demons, useless alternative medications, UFOs, telepathy, auras etc?

They believe in them because they are applying the same method as you are advocating, believing in what one can observe through "logic" and through their senses.

Yet when they are tested under rigorous controlled studies, they all collapse in on themselves, there simply is nothing to them, ghosts do not exist, demons cannot possess people. Yet there are hundreds of millions of people, especially in third world countries that subscribe to this sort of witchcraft. People are stoned, in the 21st century because one person accuses another of possessing another's body or casting curses or demons on someone.

There are people who believe they can predict the future, which is absolutely absurd, but according to you, because they have this idea which has been derived through observation, they are perfectly correct in their reasoning.
Quote http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranoia
Paranoia /ˌpærəˈnɔɪə/ (adjective: paranoid /ˈpærənɔɪd/) is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion. Paranoid thinking typically includes persecutory beliefs, or beliefs of conspiracy concerning a perceived threat towards oneself. (e.g. "Everyone is out to get me.") Making false accusations and the general distrust of others also frequently accompany paranoia
Hello!

?

RyanTG

« Reply #69 on: May 19, 2013, 09:00:08 AM »
In what way do people who believe in the existence of ghosts or demons differ in the way they conclude that they exist compared to the way you conclude there are no satellites in space or that the earth is an infinite plane?

And I am not twisting anything, I am using what you just wrote to me in multiple paragraphs, "we have to be able to physically verify what we see, or rely on faith as to what we think we can see".

If you don't like how I summarise and use what you write you should be a little more clear.

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #70 on: May 20, 2013, 09:38:59 AM »
In what way do people who believe in the existence of ghosts or demons differ in the way they conclude that they exist compared to the way you conclude there are no satellites in space or that the earth is an infinite plane?

And I am not twisting anything, I am using what you just wrote to me in multiple paragraphs, "we have to be able to physically verify what we see, or rely on faith as to what we think we can see".

If you don't like how I summarise and use what you write you should be a little more clear.
I don't think in the end the will to believe differs regardless of its subject (science, empiricism, flat earth, round earth, jesus, luck, patriotism, god etc).
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

?

RyanTG

« Reply #71 on: May 20, 2013, 10:42:02 AM »

I don't think in the end the will to believe differs regardless of its subject (science, empiricism, flat earth, round earth, jesus, luck, patriotism, god etc).

Of course it does, this cuts to the core of my argument, that the scientific method and the scientific approach to any situation is the most reliable by far, not this fallacious "zetetic method".

There are obviously biases that creep into investigations when it comes to science, but humans are humans and humans are fallible. That is why there is a peer review system in place and an incentive to repeat studies to verify data.

Scepti's conclusions are not formed on the basis of any rigorous and controlled studies, they are formed on wishful thinking and the illusion anything he perceive's and his subsequent reasoning behind his observation is in fact the answer to the question he has. This is the same for people who believe that psychics, ghosts, demons, UFOs etc exist. It is a flawed methodology mixed in with logical fallacies that leads them to this conclusion.

Chinese medicine for example has no basis in science, people believe ground up rhino horn will prolong their life and cure them of all illnesses because of hearsay, confirmation bias and associating correlation with causation.

DuckDodgers

« Reply #72 on: May 20, 2013, 10:53:41 AM »

You don't have to will yourself to believe in observations and the subsequent theorems that spawn from these observations.  You have to will yourself to ignore these observations or believe something much larger and more complicated is responsible.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #73 on: May 21, 2013, 06:09:48 AM »

You don't have to will yourself to believe in observations and the subsequent theorems that spawn from these observations.  You have to will yourself to ignore these observations or believe something much larger and more complicated is responsible.

When one does not will to believe something enough to overcome the norm, one is subject to the beliefs already in the subconscious sphere.  Confirmation bias creates scientific predictability.

DuckDodgers

« Reply #74 on: May 21, 2013, 06:16:34 AM »

When one does not will to believe something enough to overcome the norm, one is subject to the beliefs already in the subconscious sphere.  Confirmation bias creates scientific predictability.

When one carries out experiments to test predicted results and finds the experimental results match up, no will is needed.   This is of course barring methodology errors.   And if you want to get into confirmation bias talk about "bendy light".  That is by far the worst case of it I've ever seen.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #75 on: May 21, 2013, 06:51:45 AM »

When one carries out experiments to test predicted results and finds the experimental results match up, no will is needed.
How does this contradict what I said?

?

Puttah

« Reply #76 on: May 21, 2013, 06:59:00 AM »
If you could directly prove anything you say, you would not be here now. The fact that you are here is because you have a niggling doubt about your own schooling on stuff and are looking for some clarification.
You will probably deny this but I'm sure you aren't here just to shoot down the flat earth theory alone.

I first came here because I was curious, and not because I doubted RET.

And now I more strongly believe the Earth is round, because this forum has exposed me to many more proofs that it is as such.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 07:00:46 AM by Puttah »

?

Puttah

« Reply #77 on: May 21, 2013, 07:26:27 AM »
So now you are still here to prove that the earth is a globe right?
I've already proven to myself without a shadow of a doubt that the Earth is round.

You are satisfied that the earth is a globe 100%, am I correct on this, or is there an element of doubt still in your mind?
I'm convinced without a shadow of a doubt, but that doesn't mean I'm 100% sure. I can't be 100% sure about anything related to science.

But to re-iterate: I have no element of doubt in my mind.

?

Puttah

« Reply #78 on: May 21, 2013, 07:49:25 AM »
Are you absolutely convinced the Earth is flat?

I'd kind of (just maybe) understand how you could think be absolutely convinced that the Earth isn't a sphere, but could you really be 100% sure that the Earth is flat? I mean, considering that you think that RET doesn't add up, I can't imagine how you could feel that FET does add up.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #79 on: May 21, 2013, 07:54:15 AM »
As far as the world goes, I am absolutely convinced the Earth is flat, hollow and round.  To me, I'm absolutely sure the Earth is flat.

I am also certain of the time, the capacity of the sphere, its current state, and the time coming. 

The time is The Flat Earth Society. Get ready.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 07:57:55 AM by John Davis »

?

Puttah

« Reply #80 on: May 21, 2013, 08:04:40 AM »

I'd kind of (just maybe) understand how you could think be absolutely convinced that the Earth isn't a sphere, but could you really be 100% sure that the Earth is flat? I mean, considering that you think that RET doesn't add up, I can't imagine how you could feel that FET does add up.
I am 100% convinced it's flat in my mind.

How could you possibly be convinced by the pseudo-scientific theories of FET such as bendy light, perspective and a bunch of maps that are completely wrong while simultaneously finding mainstream science to be wrong?

As far as the world goes, I am absolutely convinced the Earth is flat, hollow and round.  To me, I'm absolutely sure the Earth is flat.

I am also certain of the time, the capacity of the sphere, its current state, and the time coming. 

For how many years have you been saying this now?

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #81 on: May 21, 2013, 08:07:44 AM »

How could you possibly be convinced by the pseudo-scientific theories of FET such as bendy light, perspective and a bunch of maps that are completely wrong while simultaneously finding mainstream science to be wrong?

For how many years have you been saying this now?
I'm not that great with time, years etc.  However, I believe you would say less than a year;  since my last mystical revelation.

A silly question though.  The year itself is irrelevant.  The age has changed -- also irrelevant.

It has been said that if people truly understood at an intimate level what I'm doing, the Awakening of Man would be at hand.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 08:11:48 AM by John Davis »

?

Puttah

« Reply #82 on: May 21, 2013, 08:21:09 AM »
I'm not that great with time, years etc.  However, I believe you would say less than a year;  since my last mystical revelation.

A silly question though.  The year itself is irrelevant.  The age has changed -- also irrelevant.

It has been said that if people truly understood at an intimate level what I'm doing, the Awakening of Man would be at hand.

Are you high?

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #83 on: May 21, 2013, 08:25:55 AM »

Are you high?
I'd say I'm more middle.  However, to answer you in the way you wish, no I am not under the influence of narcotics or other illegal substances.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #84 on: May 21, 2013, 08:26:14 AM »

Are you high?
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #85 on: May 21, 2013, 08:41:34 AM »
Why do you ask?  Is it that you feel that drugs invalidate a situations worth or its fruit?

?

Puttah

« Reply #86 on: May 21, 2013, 08:56:44 AM »
I was giving you a chance to show that you have some sanity left in you.

?

squevil

• Official Member
  • Im Telling On You
« Reply #87 on: May 21, 2013, 09:23:45 AM »

funny how you removed all your posts when you came here saying the earth was round. earlier in this thread you also stated it was your own logic that made you think the earth is flat.

you first came here telling everyone that the earth was a stationary globe.

you came here to pretend that you was unsure.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #88 on: May 21, 2013, 09:44:46 AM »
I was giving you a chance to show that you have some sanity left in you.
Why do you think I am insane?  How is insanity an invalid frame of reference?

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #89 on: May 21, 2013, 11:16:20 AM »

Please explain yourself. As the planets and stars are 3000 miles away under FET, and earth orbit does not exist, how is NASA honest when they say that their space craft are hundreds of thousands or millions of miles away?

NASA must be conspiring to lie in some manner under FET.
[/quote]

What?! Am I missing something here? 3000 miles away?? What sort of measuring devices are you using? Potatoes?
[/quote]

P.S. Check out the Poll on Ham Radio Measurements Of The Distance From The Earth To The Moon subject on the forum . There seems to be a disagreement of the distance even amongst FE's. There are 3 votes for the 3000 miles distance and 3 votes for the 15KM distance at last count.
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !