Must Flat Earther's also subscribe to the moon hoax conspiracies?

• 93 Replies
?

RyanTG

• If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong.
Re: Must Flat Earther's also subscribe to the moon hoax conspiracies?
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2013, 09:42:29 AM »
They're simply working on telescopes. We use them on earth.

SPACE telescopes, like the Spitzer telescope, the Kepler telescope that has a faulty wheel was in the news recently, it may be incapable of being fixed. The brings me onto another topic, I will take an excerpt from wikipedia because it better explains it:

"Since the atmosphere is opaque for most of the electromagnetic spectrum, only a few bands can be observed from the Earth's surface. These bands are visible – near-infrared and a portion of the radio-wave part of the spectrum. For this reason there are no X-ray or far-infrared ground-based telescopes as these have to be flown in space to observe. Even if a wavelength is observable from the ground, it might still be advantageous to fly it on a satellite due to astronomical seeing."

There are no x-ray/far-infrared/UV ground based telescopes, there isn't one that exists on the planet, that part of the electromagnetic spectrum is completely absorbed by the atmosphere, so where do we get x-ray/UV/infrared images from? Please don't give me an answer that appeals to conspiracy theories again...
What pictures are you talking about?

I have literally just spent over half an hour trying to upload images so I give up, it isn't working...

Just google Fermi gamma-ray Telescope images, GALEX images (UV), and the Chandra X-ray Observatory images.

You will see just a few, the images will be falsely coloured as to bring out aspects of the image that are of relevance.
Yeah, it seems all of the images are coloured and made to look pretty and painted and everything else, because they tell us that space is just soooo boring to look at normally.

It's like the images of earth: They take the supposed pictures of it and brighten everything up because otherwise it would look crap.
They also use computer images and artists paintings because , well, earth is just so dull and boring.

::)

Are you go to provide any sort of rebuttal to these space telescopes or are you going to go on about nothing? I wish I hadn't even mentioned the false colours now...  If the images weren't falsely coloured you'd be looking at a black and white image on a sphere with dots or a concentric circle. You need the colours added or else you couldn't tell what you were looking at, humans can only see the visible spectrum of light.

?

RyanTG

« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2013, 09:54:55 AM »
Show me some pictures Ryan.

You honestly don't care do you? You have no endeavour for truth or knowledge, you'd happily shield yourself in this worldview of conspiracy theories and irrational thinking.

I will do your investigating research for you: http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2012/12/20-12-st_nasapsd/

« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 09:57:05 AM by RyanTG »

?

RyanTG

« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2013, 10:08:43 AM »
Show me some pictures Ryan.

You honestly don't care do you? You have no endeavour for truth or knowledge, you'd happily shield yourself in this worldview of conspiracy theories and irrational thinking.
It depends what you mean by, don't care.
For you to say my thinking is irrational, is to make out that what you subscribe to is perfectly,100% truth.
Well guess what...
I think you and all other people who simply hang onto stuff like this, are the irrational ones, I really do.
I already know what the truth is, so I'm quite happy with that, yet proving it is another matter and at the end of the day, nothing will change.

If you can't see past your own nose and want to fill your head full of garbage equations and allow yourself to be constantly in awe of fraudsters, then be my guest, as your life matters not to me, just as mine matters not to you.

Are you really not persuaded by the fact x-ray/gamma/far-infrared images cannot be made on earth but must be made in space? You are still going to cling on to your demonstrably refuted idea?

As the great Richard Feynman said: "It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong."

Replace experiment with "reality" and you're nearly there my friend.

?

RyanTG

« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2013, 10:28:26 AM »
Talking to you is like trying to debate with a plank...

That is my exact point, you have not mentioned the images because you have absolutely nothing to say that could possibly refute it, you don't care about the truth or reality, you have your ideology and you're sticking to it and no doubt in a few weeks you will come up with this "brilliant" explanation to how we have x-ray images without there ever being a need for space telescopes that will most likely involve another grand conspiracy.

Science is a lot more beautiful, enthralling and enticing than these pathetic, and they really are pathetic, convictions that you are cherishing so dearly that defy all information/knowledge that we as a species have accumulated over the past millennium.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 10:40:24 AM by RyanTG »

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2013, 10:34:48 AM »

That is my exact point, you have not mentioned the images because you have absolutely nothing to say that could possibly refute it, you don't care about the truth or reality, you have your ideology and you're sticking to you and no doubt in a few weeks you will come up with this "brilliant" explanation to how we have x-ray images without there ever being a need for space telescopes that will most likely involve another grand conspiracy.

Science is a lot more beautiful, enthralling and enticing than these pathetic, and they really are pathetic, convictions that you are cherishing so dearly that defy all information/knowledge that we as a species have accumulated over the past millennium.

As was stated before,  replying to anything scepti says is an exercise of futility.  He flat out refuses to even contemplate anything other than a FE and then accuses others of being indoctrinated.   Best to say your piece and then move on to someone else instead.
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

?

RyanTG

« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2013, 10:35:27 AM »

That is my exact point, you have not mentioned the images because you have absolutely nothing to say that could possibly refute it, you don't care about the truth or reality, you have your ideology and you're sticking to you and no doubt in a few weeks you will come up with this "brilliant" explanation to how we have x-ray images without there ever being a need for space telescopes that will most likely involve another grand conspiracy.

As was stated before,  replying to anything scepti says is an exercise of futility.  He flat out refuses to even contemplate anything other than a FE and then accuses others of being indoctrinated.   Best to say your piece and then move on to someone else instead.

I think that is the best thing to do...

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2013, 10:40:07 AM »

I think that is the best thing to do...

I think the subject of the distance from the earth to the moon is a good example. FE doesn't even seem to be in agreement of whether the distance is 15KM or whether it is 3000 Miles, but they definitely don't believe it's something like 237,150 Miles.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 10:43:27 AM by Googleotomy »
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2013, 10:46:39 AM »

You can babble on till the cows come home but it doesn't change the fact that we are being "monumentally" lied to "time" and "time" again.
What you have been told, about the shape of the earth and space is mainly fabricated and yet you stamp and scream and use all kinds of F= blah blah blah to appear smart but the truth is, you are only memory smart, as in, you take in what your masters tell you and teach you, then relay that back to them on a test sheet, for the grand prize of a certificate and a pat on the head.

You will never, or shall I say, you will unlikely, ever change your stance, because you are in awe of those that have fed you a large helping of Pinocchio science.

Well, we just have to go on making things work on the earth with that "Pinocchio Science."

Sceptimatic ,I hope you never have to get a job with any of the airlines, steam ship lines, government agencies or navies of the world. You would certainly flunk the entrance exams.

Chorus:

« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2013, 10:48:28 AM »
You can babble on till the cows come home but it doesn't change the fact that we are being "monumentally" lied to "time" and "time" again.

Babbling does not make something false, the fact that it cannot be scientifically tested means its false.

What you have been told, about the shape of the earth and space is mainly fabricated and yet you stamp and scream and use all kinds of F= blah blah blah to appear smart but the truth is, you are only memory smart, as in, you take in what your masters tell you and teach you, then relay that back to them on a test sheet, for the grand prize of a certificate and a pat on the head.
--->
What you have been told, about the shape of the earth and space is mainly conjectured and yet you stamp and scream and use all kinds of F= blah blah blah to appear smart but the truth is, you are only memory smart, as in, you take in what your masters tell you and teach you, then relay that back to them on a test sheet, for the grand prize of a certificate and a pat on the head.

Fixed and correct.
You will never, or shall I say, you will unlikely, ever change your stance, because you are in awe of those that have fed you a large helping of Pinocchio science.

pot meet kettle.

« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2013, 10:51:54 AM »
If I really needed the job, I'd lie my way through the exams.

Don't you mean you would truth your way through them, hoping that the cognitive dissonance won't sink in?

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2013, 10:56:39 AM »

If you passed the exams by "lieing" , then you would have to "lie" all through the job to keep your job.

I'm not really sure if it would really sink in after a while in the case of Sceptimatic.

Chorus:

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2013, 10:59:03 AM »

I find it hard to believe you'd have the mental capacity to " lie" your way through an exam for any job which would be effected by the shape of the earth as these involve those evil and vile things called equations.
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2013, 11:00:13 AM »

If you passed the exams by "lieing" "lying" , then you would have to "lie" all through the job to keep your job.

I'm not really sure if it would really sink in after a while in the case of Sceptimatic.

Sceptimatic is impressionable; the reason he hasn't changed his mind is beacuse he stays in his room and only comes and chats on the flat earth society forums.

?

RyanTG

« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2013, 11:01:58 AM »

Well, we just have to go on making things work on the earth with that "Pinocchio Science."

Sceptimatic ,I hope you never have to get a job with any of the airlines, steam ship lines, government agencies or navies of the world. You would certainly flunk the entrance exams.

All I asked you about was how X-ray/gamma and UV images are made when those specific parts of the electromagnetic spectrum cannot make it through the earth's atmosphere? Are you going to say the electromagnetic spectrum doesn't exist either?

Why should I believe anything you tell people instead of experts in academia who actually know what they are talking about? Why should I discard the existence of gravity and also believe the earth goes on for infinity? I require evidence.

?

RyanTG

« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2013, 11:13:57 AM »

All I asked you about was how X-ray/gamma and UV images are made when those specific parts of the electromagnetic spectrum cannot make it through the earth's atmosphere? Are you going to say the electromagnetic spectrum doesn't exist either?

Why should I believe anything you tell people instead of experts in academia who actually know what they are talking about? Why should I discard the existence of gravity and also believe the earth goes on for infinity? I require evidence.
I'm not asking you to discard anything. Go with what you feel is right. I'm simply telling you that a lot of what you are learning is Pinocchio science when it's concerning space and the shape of the earth.

Come at this from my position, I have this guy on a flatearth forum telling me the science I know concerning the shape of the earth and space is either a fabricated lie or just erroneous in general.
How do I differentiate between what is reality and what isn't?
If I had a position of saying the earth is actually flat, but the illuminati (insert stupid conspiracy theory here) was constantly beaming a hologram into space to give the illusion the earth was spherical and there are satellites etc, would that be more correct than what the consensus of this issue is? That the world is in fact spherical and there are in fact satellites? Or would it still be completely wrong because it goes against your idea that the earth is not a hologram and has an infinite length?
What i'm getting at here, is your perceived reality of the universe the CORRECT one? Or are you open to the idea it may be wrong but you are certain all other ideas concerning a spherical earth etc are fake?

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2013, 05:42:33 AM »
The inability to assert scientific knowledge to you has nothing to do with the science and everything to do with your willful ignorance.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2013, 06:41:39 AM »
The inability to assert scientific knowledge to you has nothing to do with the science and everything to do with your willful ignorance.
My wilful ignorance is only due to wilful ignorance of long nosed science, thought up by long nose scientists.
I'm open to genuine science.

You have no idea what genuine science is. You discard it all the time. And don't be a child and blame your ignorance on someone else, it's pathetic.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

?

Puttah

« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2013, 07:13:07 AM »
I'm open to genuine science.

LOL nice joke scepti.

yet you stamp and scream and use all kinds of F= blah blah blah to appear smart

That would be F=ma, and it's a very simple equation that I've never thought of touting around in order to make me look smart. It may be beyond your comprehension, sure, but it's merely an introductory physics equation that governs the dynamics of every motion around us.

In case you did not know, I am a man.  In case you are did, misogyny is not appreciated on the forums.
My apologies, I assumed you were a girl.

Oh wow, did you just make an obvious mistake? How is that possible? I thought you were some kind of genius that was going to revolutionize modern science by telling us that gravity and space doesn't exist and that all the physics equations we have are a lie. But now I'm not so sure...

I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't believe there was a curiosity rover on Mars... Guess that is $2.5billion completely wasted by NASA.

He doesn't even believe the ISS is orbiting Earth, even though it can be seen with a telescope.
You sound like me. I guess you're studying aerospace engineering? I'm doing a bachelor of science (advanced mathematics).
Scepti, this idiocy needs to stop and it needs to stop right now. You are making a mockery of this fine forum with your poor trolling. You are a complete disgrace.

?

Puttah

« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2013, 09:00:07 AM »
You are actually correct there. I don't think too many people actually know what genuine science is, because it's masked in-between a mountain of bull crap.

Do you know what genuine science is? Are FEers conducting genuine science?

There are no man made objects of any description in what they tell us, is space, as in, a "vacuum."

Yet you can see the ISS up there, and it's not slowing down any time soon due to air resistance.
Scepti, this idiocy needs to stop and it needs to stop right now. You are making a mockery of this fine forum with your poor trolling. You are a complete disgrace.

« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2013, 08:02:00 PM »
You are actually correct there. I don't think too many people actually know what genuine science is, because it's masked in-between a mountain of bull crap.

There are no man made objects of any description in what they tell us, is space, as in, a "vacuum."

Yet you can see the ISS up there, and it's not slowing down any time soon due to air resistance.
Stop telling lies. You can not see any man made object in space.

You can. Read along with the "if the sun is black...."  topic in the debate section. The iss can be seen from earth, with the naked eye. Just use one of the many ISS trackeres available to you to see when it is visible for your location. Using a telescope will show you it is the ISS for sure.
Hello!

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2013, 05:37:28 AM »
Tom, no, I don't see a need for a conspiracy.  Above that its an irrelevant matter.  Small people talk about people and their actions;  we are talking about truth.   We need not worry about a conspiracy as the time is almost upon us.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2013, 05:45:27 AM »
What people perceive as a space station, is a blob of light and that's it. All those that say they see a space station that they can see as an object that looks like what they see in photo's are simply lying.
If anyone else sees an object with a shape to it, it's either a high altitude plane or something like that, in our atmosphere, not in space.

From the mouth of babes...

?

Puttah

« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2013, 06:27:12 AM »

Stop telling lies. You can not see any man made object in space.

There's obviously no point arguing with you about that topic, so I'll drop it now before I bust another brain cell.

I'm still waiting for the answer to my other question though. What constitutes "genuine science"? And are FEers conducting it correctly?

?

Puttah

« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2013, 06:55:23 AM »
Genuine science is a science that can be backed up with physical or observable evidence and not having to be relied upon by a theory that main stream science construes as being fact.

Ok, that's cool. Do you believe that FET has become what it is today by following these rules?

What happens when you have a theory about Earth's shape, then you find observable evidence that doesn't fit in with this theory?

?

RyanTG

« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2013, 07:11:52 AM »
I'm intrigued that you subscribe to an "infinite flat earth" after you state numerous times you base your ideas on observational evidence, or what you can derive yourself through your senses.

How on earth have you observed an infinite earth? You must admit you are essentially guessing here.

We cannot live and prosper by using our senses to formulate an image of the universe around us. I don't perceive there be an infinitely flat earth? So it is my word against yours. Putting all knowledge of a spherical earth behind me, I'd probably perceive the earth to be spherical, I've been on a plane, the earth seems to have a curvature (which you say it doesn't, once again our senses do not agree) and i've seen objects in the distance disappear below the horizon, which you may have some extravagant explanation behind why that can occur without there being a spherical earth, but you have not derived that through physical observations?

We need some sort of system to develop a working model of the universe that everybody agrees on. Senses are ambiguous. What you perceive to be true may not what I perceive to be true, so how do we know what really is the truth?

*EDIT* You mentioned in your earlier topics that "There appears to be 3 types of people on here. Flat Earth believers, spinning Round Earth believers and people like myself which go with a stationary round Earth" And that you do not believe in a flat earth, what made you change your mind all of sudden?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 07:24:32 AM by RyanTG »

« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2013, 07:31:17 AM »
What people perceive as a space station, is a blob of light and that's it. All those that say they see a space station that they can see as an object that looks like what they see in photo's are simply lying.
If anyone else sees an object with a shape to it, it's either a high altitude plane or something like that, in our atmosphere, not in space.

You can see the ISS in detail using a telescope. And what do you know? It looks exactly like all those pictures out there. You never looked at the ISS obviously. And if you go out and see the ISS, tell me where the engines are at, tell me where the wings are at. Here is an amateur photo of the ISS, taken from earth (using a telescope)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 07:35:37 AM by Lolflatdisc »
Hello!

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2013, 07:33:05 AM »
No photo was posted.

« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2013, 07:40:14 AM »
There is very little hope for you if you think that is supposed to be a frigging space station.  ;D

It is the space station. Have you ever seen the ISS yourself or are you just denying everything without verifying what we say?
Hello!

?

RyanTG

« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2013, 07:43:58 AM »
You never really answered my question about how we know what is absolute truth by way of observation and using our senses. I don't really want to talk about scientists or education or any of that sort, I just want to figure this out.

I'll use the example of consciousness. I advocate the idea of materialism, that is the mind (brain) causes our consciousness by means of neuronal firings etc, which you may or may not agree with, but by observation, when somebody gets hit in the head they become mentally impaired, their consciousness is effected.

There is a phenomenon called an OBE, out of body experience. This is when people believe they float above their body, their consciousness transcends their body and they can perceive the world around them. By observation alone, (if you experienced this) you would come to the conclusion you really transcended your body. Have you really transcended your body however? This a perfect example of the human senses can be extremely fallible.

If you subscribe to the idea of materialism like me, you should conclude that no, you cannot transcend your body it is merely a neurological hallucination. But going by senses alone one would believe they are capable of leaving their body at will.

So how do we go about deciding what is right and what is wrong? In this endeavour for truth, there needs to be some sort of system in place that will enable us to differentiate between the truth and illusions. We certainly cannot use our senses, the zetetic method is prone to unbelievable fallibility.

« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2013, 07:50:29 AM »
"Must Flat Earther's also subscribe to the moon hoax conspiracies? ":-

If you believe in a flat earth must you also have to deny that we have ever been to the moon? Or is that specific conspiracy theory a universal acceptance amongst flat earthers?
No, I am a flat earther that believes in no conspiracy.

Please explain yourself. As the planets and stars are 3000 miles away under FET, and earth orbit does not exist, how is NASA honest when they say that their space craft are hundreds of thousands or millions of miles away?

NASA must be conspiring to lie in some manner under FET.

In my theory there is a pink flying hippo with a trail of rainbow colours flying through the sky. How come the biologist never reported or documented it. They must be in on a conspiracy.

It is circular thinking. You set yourself a limit to exclude something or to proof that something is part of a conspiracy. See my example, ever saw a pink hippo with a trail of rainbow colours fly through the sky? No? Then you must be indoctrinated to believe there is not! The biologists are conspiring against us for greed. You are not thinking about the possibility that your 3000 miles are wrong?

To continue my PFH-theory (Pink Flying Hippo)
Here is the link to what a flying hippo should look like. (Obviously FET never took a picture from space, and get a long with some computer generated image, so why can't the flying hippo) And to make things even more credible, FE defenders post pictures from low altitude showing a flat horizon...well guess what I also have a picture of a pink hippo. So yeah, there is totally some thruth in it. Pink flying hippos with rainbow colours for the win!
Hello!