I Have Several Questions

• 55 Replies

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
Re: I Have Several Questions
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2013, 09:27:37 PM »
I'm also very curious about this evidence you have that shows the impossibility of a RE.
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2013, 09:38:01 PM »

We sure will  Just stick around this site and you will find an overwhelming amount of evidence that points towards a flat Earth.  You might even want to Lurk Moar.
All I have seen is the FET get debunked over and over again. You tell me to stick around, but I think I can wait forever for answeres never to come. I can keep an eye out on my bank account forever, but it won't magically make millions appear. On this entire website there are no answers which do not contracict itself. The FET is dead as dreams.

And if you claim you have evidence, it is oh so easy to just show it to us. I guess you just don't feel generous enough about it.
Hello!

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2013, 09:43:24 PM »

We sure will  Just stick around this site and you will find an overwhelming amount of evidence that points towards a flat Earth.  You might even want to Lurk Moar.
All I have seen is the FET get debunked over and over again. You tell me to stick around, but I think I can wait forever for answeres never to come. I can keep an eye out on my bank account forever, but it won't magically make millions appear. On this entire website there are no answers which do not contracict itself. The FET is dead as dreams.

And if you claim you have evidence, it is oh so easy to just show it to us. I guess you just don't feel generous enough about it.

We post hard evidence all the time.  RE'ers just shrug off the evidence or derail the thread. 

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2013, 09:44:12 PM »

We post hard evidence all the time.  RE'ers just shrug off the evidence or derail the thread.

I think you have that backward...
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2013, 09:51:07 PM »

Oh really? Hard evidence...you mean the experiment with the rope which have been debunked already? Or is the photos which show a flat world, which have been debunked using simple maths? Or did you mean the UA, which has been debunked also?

On the other hand you just completely deny all the photos and videos which show a round earth, you ignore all the maths and all physics, even some of the real world observations like seasons and the fact the south-pole receives 24/7 daylight in winter (northern hemisphere)?

Really...you post hard evidence all the time? Care to give a link to those threads?
Hello!

« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2013, 08:10:45 AM »
The truth is, you and the rest have not once debunked the FE theory.
The RE indoctrination has been debunked on many fronts but is discarded due to the use of magical reasoning for it being so.
If you had never spent your whole life having your head filled with crap, you wouldn't be so keen to even contemplate people walking up and under a rotating ball somehow floating about in a so called vacuum that space is supposed to be.
Not only that. You have that same rotating ball, sat in the middle of a mattress like dip in space.
Everything about the RE is based on stuff that cannot be seen.
It's like being told you can skin a cartoon rabbit and it will look the same as a real one, then they show you a cartoon picture of a skinned rabbit and say it's all real.
That's your rotating globe seen from space.
It's nonsense and secretly, most of you know it.

Debunked a gazillion times. Explain now, how do travel distances not vary when you go south on a flat disc?
All the things we say are verifiable. The ISS, which you persist not to look out for, the seasons, the hundreds of videos and pictures which show the curvature of the earth.

The fact we stick on a rotating ball, is because of gravity. Gravity wants to pull us to the center of the earth at all times. Lucky for us there is solid ground beneath our feet, so we can just walk along the surface. In water we have a lower density so we will float. You will definitely sink in gas. You are at the bottom of the most commonly know gas. Can you guess what type of gas I am talking about? Guess not...air.
The fact the air does not fly away from earth is for the same reason. Gravity. In relative terms the air is just a very thin layer of gas. More than 50% of all air on earth is compressed in the lower 5 km. 5km is nothing on a globe which has a circumference of about 44,000 km.
Hello!

?

Roy

« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2013, 12:30:04 PM »
Seeing as I'm not getting any sort of real or reasonable answers

Oh, I guess I didn't just give you a thorough, sincere explanation to all of your frequently asked questions. My bad.
how can you dispute distances between places in the southern hemisphere?

I'm still waiting for you to counter my explanation. You haven't said anything other than "I could do a primitive experiment to roughly calculate distances", but you haven't. And why does Australia have to be lying? Could they not simply be wrong? Humans have been wrong on a much higher scale than determining the width of a massive continent.

You didn't provide thorough answers to my "frequently asked questions". I'm new so I hoped someone would jump at the opportunity to educate me. Instead, you offered an appeal to faith to answer my fifth question, junk science for the fourth, no answer to the third, pseudo science to the second, and for my first, and probably most important question, when I provided answers to your questions you've suggested that the entire population of a country doesn't know its dimensions. How, in any possible way, does that make more sense than the Earth being round? Are we honestly supposed to believe that it's more likely that nobody knows the distance between any two points in the southern hemisphere than the possibility that we live on a round Earth?

You say "...many endorse FET because the evidence in favor outweighs the evidence against", but the evidence that you provide is at best flawed and at worst delusional. The evidence for a round Earth, a phrase I can't believe that I typed, is seemingly incontrovertible. We know the distance between any two locations with certainty. We use GPS satellites for navigation, not LORAN. We have pictures of Antarctica. Gravity you know... works! Scientific skepticism rejects pseudoscience and embraces a proper methodology; a methodology completely absent from your answers. My "primitive experiment" of using time and speed to calculate distance seems a lot more substantial than "If you believe something to be true or just, that in itself is reason enough to endorse it."
Graduate of The Ohio State University. Student of Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering and Political Science. True Skeptic, beer reviewer and amateur chef.

« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2013, 12:35:22 PM »
Have a good think about everything you have just said.

Sceptimatic. All I have been hearing from you so far is that we have to think, that we are lying, that we are indoctrinated, without any way to proof what you are saying. I have shown you a lot of ways to verify yourself the shape of the earth, where you would not rely on anyone. Not only me, but a whole bunch of people here have been explaining the fundamental errors with the FET. Instead of giving answers or asking questions, you go on with this gibber. If you do not want to openly look and debate about it, that is fine. However, I will no longer spend my time answering your posts in that case. From now on I will ignore you, untill you have proven to me that you are worthy debating with.
Hello!

?

spoon

• Flat Earth Editor
  • ho ho ho
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2013, 01:22:07 PM »
you offered an appeal to faith to answer my fifth question,
How is that an appeal to faith? You asked:
Why bother with endorsing this theory?
I answered, basically, you should endorse a theory if you believe it to be true. This is in no way an appeal to faith. It's a simple answer to a simple question. I'm sorry you can't understand that.
junk science for the fourth,
What's the point of debating you if you're just going to call anything you disagree with stupid?
no answer to the third,
Conspiracy is probably the most common topic of discussion on these boards. If you had the willpower to read the FAQ or lurk for more than a minute and a half, you would find answers to your questions. If you do that and still have not found the answer you are looking for, I'll make a point to explain it to you. However, so far you've come off as lazy and close-minded (not to the theory itself, but to the discussion surrounding it), so I have no motivation to explain it to you at this time.
pseudo science to the second,
Again, you are incredulous because I said something you disagree with. Clearly, I can't help you.
and for my first, and probably most important question, when I provided answers to your questions you've suggested that the entire population of a country doesn't know its dimensions.
Firstly, using australia was just an example of a concept, although I am sure you can't tell me it's exact dimensions without google to help you. ::) Inconsistencies could be many things. Ocean width, country width, hell, your Mercator maps have Africa smaller than Greenland, yet they claim Africa is larger. The point is, regardless of shape, the earth is so large that mapping in a perfectly accurate way is near impossible.

We use GPS satellites for navigation, not LORAN.
Oh my god. You asked for FETs explanation for something that RET explains with satellites. I gave you an answer, then you said "nope. you're wrong." I see no reason to discuss anything with you if you're just going to remain incredulous to anything I say.
We have pictures of Antarctica.
Show me a picture of antarctica that proves the earth is round. This should be good.
Gravity you know... works!
Explain why UA couldn't. Again, I see know reason to care if you're just going to say "I'm right. You're wrong."

I work nights are get the feeling of impennding doom for things most people take for granted.

« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2013, 02:32:26 PM »
Have a good think about everything you have just said.

Sceptimatic. All I have been hearing from you so far is that we have to think, that we are lying, that we are indoctrinated, without any way to proof what you are saying. I have shown you a lot of ways to verify yourself the shape of the earth, where you would not rely on anyone. Not only me, but a whole bunch of people here have been explaining the fundamental errors with the FET. Instead of giving answers or asking questions, you go on with this gibber. If you do not want to openly look and debate about it, that is fine. However, I will no longer spend my time answering your posts in that case. From now on I will ignore you, untill you have proven to me that you are worthy debating with.
Fundamental errors? Do you really think if us flat earthers thought those "errors" were indeed errors we would still be flat earthers?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 02:35:56 PM by John Michell »

?

Roy

« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2013, 02:54:08 PM »
To the fifth point I completely understand the point of advocating things that you believe to be true, but when it comes to matters of science there has to be some substance. Science doesn't just hope at things and then endorse them. The community endorses a theory to be true but is willing to reject it for a new theory when new science supports a better explanation. This has happened with the idea of a flat earth, but for some reason proponents hold on to the theory with what I've chosen to describe as faith. I use the term faith because confidence in FET is substantiated with little scientific proof.

To the fourth, I don't call everything that I disagree with stupid and resent the implication. I called it junk science because it promotes the idea of aether and bastardizes dark energy, which hypothetically is responsible for the acceleration of the expansion of the universe, not that on Earth. Actual gravitation, and the laws and constants associated with it, provide clear and accurate predictions. As such, universal acceleration is not "nearly as credible as the theory of gravity".

To the third, I've spent a great deal of time searching this site the last few days and the conspiracies are wildly unsubstantiated and speculative. There is no hard evidence of a great cover-up and any possible motivations for the conspiracy make little to no sense to me. I would actually appreciate more information here. I'm not being close-minded, you are offering a paradigm shifting theory that the entire scientific community is supposedly covering up and I require very specific and unquestionable evidence to give this idea any sort of credence; as should any skeptic.

To the second, you said "...many endorse FET because the evidence in favor outweighs the evidence against.", but the evidence for, again, is largely refuted science. The Bedford Experiment, for example, is easily repeated and has been debunked by many. I can't call it anything other than junk science if the scientific community does the same. In fact, I have access to a large straight drainage canal and may just perform the experiment myself soon, but I suppose that would just be another "primitive experiment". FET simply does NOT have as much evidence in its favor than it does against.

And finally, to my first point, it's not "my" Mercator map because it's not a map; it is a useful projection of the earth that admittedly distorts the size of many locations near the poles. The map offered by FE theorists, however, does not admit to its flaws and suggests grossly inflated distances between locations in the southern hemisphere, distances that are easily proven false. Because I may need a search engine to find the dimensions of Australia doesn't make them any less real. If that were the case then all search engines would be entirely useless. The Earth is not too large to map because we have unless,I suppose, cartographers are also in on the hoax.

In regards to LORAN, I acknowledge that it was used, but it's not used anymore. I never asked for "FETs explanation for something that RET explains with satellites". I wanted to know how you explain how you believe GPS works because it isn't done by LORAN; this is simply a fact. I understand that LORAN does work, but GPS works better.

A picture of Antarctica that proves the Earth is round? Well I can show you a picture of Antarctica that proves it isn't a giant wall of ice that circles our entire planet. Do you have any that do? http://lmgtfy.com/?q=satellite+pictures+of+Antarctica

You claim that I'm just saying "I'm right. You're wrong", but I have a legitimate reason for that. What I'm postulating is within the bounds of current knowledge while FET is based around medieval thought, conspiracy theories, and science which does not stand to much scrutiny. As such, I believe that the burden is on you to provide solid evidence for a theory that has little to no support. For FET to gain any sort of believably you have to offer something other than speculation and you have to be willing to throw out the theory if the evidence doesn't support it.

I'm a skeptic. I don't believe in most conspiracy theories because the little support that they have is typically speculative at best. I am legitimately interested in FET theory, but you have to look at it from my perspective. If I proposed that the path from your house to your mailbox were double its actual length you'd probably be a bit confused. You'd want to now why I believed this and you'd want some evidence. You could say "Let's measure it." and you'd likely be confused, like user Scintific Method, when I suggested that your measurement was inconsistent even though you live there.
Graduate of The Ohio State University. Student of Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering and Political Science. True Skeptic, beer reviewer and amateur chef.

« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2013, 04:11:43 PM »

Conspiracy is probably the most common topic of discussion on these boards. If you had the willpower to read the FAQ or lurk for more than a minute and a half, you would find answers to your questions. If you do that and still have not found the answer you are looking for, I'll make a point to explain it to you. However, so far you've come off as lazy and close-minded (not to the theory itself, but to the discussion surrounding it), so I have no motivation to explain it to you at this time.

I just had a read (again) on the FAQ about the space agencies and such. I will quote the FAQ as is written by Jack, so everyone know what I have read and what I am talking about. The FAQ can be found in the wiki or as a sticky on this part of the forum.
From the FAQ
The most commonly accepted explanation of this is that the space agencies of the world are involved in a conspiracy faking space travel and exploration. This likely began during the Cold War's 'Space Race', in which the U.S.S.R and USA were obsessed with beating each other into space to the point that each faked their accomplishments in an attempt to keep pace with the others supposed achievements. However, since the end of the Cold War, the conspiracy is most likely motivated by greed rather than political gains. Thus opening up a tremendous amounts of funds to embezzle as it only takes a fraction of the total budget to fake space travel.

In this part the FAQ explains as if the space agencies are conspirying about what they have achieved in space. However, as also been discussed before at different topics, the ISS has been spotted in detail from earth using telescopes. The ISS can also be seen without a telescope, although it will only look like a very bright stare-like light moving across the night sky. This totally contradicts the assumed theory (let's be honest, there is NO proof which verifies it) that space agencies make things up. What is more, the space shuttle launch for example was available to the public freely to witness. There are many, many videos of space shuttle launches, even from inside the space shuttle, even from a passenger plane as it passed the Florida peninsula. And what does FET present as real evidence that supports their assumed theory to hold any credibility?

Firstly, using australia was just an example of a concept, although I am sure you can't tell me it's exact dimensions without google to help you. ::) Inconsistencies could be many things. Ocean width, country width, hell, your Mercator maps have Africa smaller than Greenland, yet they claim Africa is larger. The point is, regardless of shape, the earth is so large that mapping in a perfectly accurate way is near impossible.
Before Google and in the age of discovery, the maps were pretty unreliable, but as mankind began to explore more and more, the maps became more accurate, because the profession of map making (cartography) became more and more accurate.

There is lots of details to how they do it, but do you know how exactly you can measure something? We got standarized untis of measurements. 1 cm here is the same as 1 cm at your place. I wanted to explain into more detail, but I thought the text would be too long to read. I hope you know how they got to a standarized means of measurement eventually?

That explains it all. But nowadays, with the help of satellites we can determine very accurately the distances. That is what Google uses, but it is not specifically a thing of Google.

Explain why UA couldn't. Again, I see know reason to care if you're just going to say "I'm right. You're wrong."

There are measurements of differential forces of gravity. For example in my country the north has an acceleration speed of 9.8136 m/s^2  and the south of the country has an acceleration speed of  9.8110 m/s^2. This cannot be true on a disc, because this would mean that the north part of my country is travelling faster upwards than the south. This would mean the south part would be lagging behind and eventually the country would be ripped apart, because the north part would continue to accelerate at a higher speed.
Hello!

?

Scintific Method

• Trust, but verify.
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2013, 04:45:42 PM »
...in my country the north has an acceleration speed of 9.8136 m/s^2  and the south of the country has an acceleration speed of  9.8110 m/s^2.

This is a substantial nail in the UA coffin. In fact, you could almost say it is the UA coffin! There is no way gravity could be generated by upward acceleration with differences like this.
Quote from: jtelroy
...the FE'ers still found a way to deny it. Not with counter arguments. Not with proof of any kind. By simply denying it.

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt."

?

Roy

« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2013, 05:06:31 PM »
Lolflatdisc, I wish there was a way to "like" comments. Well done. Hopefully we get some responses. Responses other than "1. Deceive world about space travel, gravity, and distance between points on the globe, 2. ? ? ? ?, 3. Profit".
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 05:57:24 PM by Roy »

« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2013, 06:21:11 PM »
Lolflatdisc, I wish there was a way to "like" comments. Well done. Hopefully we get some responses. Responses other than "1. Deceive world about space travel, gravity, and distance between points on the globe, 2. ? ? ? ?, 3. Profit".

Experience tells me that if you can count...don't count on it..
Hello!

Junker

« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2013, 08:09:05 PM »

Try lurking moar.  There are multiple theories, pressure from aether, etc.  Actually, don't bother.  You will just ignore everything and whine that your questions aren't being answered.

« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2013, 09:12:10 PM »

Try lurking moar.  There are multiple theories, pressure from aether, etc.  Actually, don't bother.  You will just ignore everything and whine that your questions aren't being answered.

No, I would be interested in your multiple theories, but I want you to explain them in your own words. That way I can see you understand it and get into a debate about it.

This is what I understand of it. You mention pressure from aether. So basically there is another force acting down on earth so one part of the earth cannot accelerate away from another part. Then you need to go on and explain to me how the difference in gravity can then be perceived? Obviously if there is another force acting down, it would cancel out the force acting up so there would be no difference to measure. Newton's law of motion.
Hello!

Junker

« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2013, 09:29:04 PM »
No, I would be interested in your multiple theories, but I want you to explain them in your own words. That way I can see you understand it and get into a debate about it.

First, this is the Q&A forum.  There is a forum dedicated to debate.  It is even aptly titled "Flat Earth Debate" so you should have no trouble finding it.  I am glad you want me to explain it to you, however a simple search will yield plenty of results and save time.  That way, I can see that you can actually use the search function.  If you have any questions about alternative theories, I suggest you make a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Then you need to go on and explain to me how the difference in gravity can then be perceived?

Again, this is where you are wrong.  No one owes you anything or has to do your work for you.  Do some research, and post specific questions.  If you ask questions that can be answered by taking two minutes to search, they will largely be ignored.

?

odes

• Everything else is a fairy tale!
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2013, 09:45:30 PM »
Hey everyone! I just recently became aware that this organization existed and it left me scratching my head quite a bit. I have several questions, and hopefully you can clear some things up about your beliefs.

1. If the Earth is flat then why are the distances between locations in the southern hemisphere not much larger than they actually are? For instance, a flight from southern Chile to eastern Australia should be mush longer than it is on a spherical Earth.

2. What science is there to back up this claim? You can't just list one obscure, non-reviewed person with little to no credentials. The spherical model is endorsed by all of science and is paramount for a great deal of it.

3. What do scientists stand to gain from covering this up? Are they just doing it because it fits with their expectations? Why then, don't people new to astronomy or other branches of science speak up? Is this all just based on one huge conspiracy theory?

4. We have satellites in orbit and the ISS. You use cell phones, GPS or cable television; what sort of force, other than the gravity of our spherical Earth, allows this.

5. You like to use "empirical obsevation", but we know that the south pole isn't a giant wall of ice. I haven't been there, but you haven't been in orbit. What do you hope to get out of this? What's the endgame? Why bother with endorsing this theory?

Thanks in advance. I'm legitimately interested in your answers so I hope that this didn't come off as too antagonistic.

Hello, Roy!

I am happy to report that the earth is flat. Now to your questions.

1. Various books such as are linked from the Library and mentioned in different threads report that ship travel distances in the southern regions turn out to be too long, for the earth to be the sphere commonly believed. These literary sources are rather old. I don't know where to find new info. But port to port travel in the southern region is not consistent with spherical earth theory, according to that literature.

2. A study published in Lancet, in the 1840s I believe, proved that concentrated moonlight was incapable of raising a thermometer's reading. How could that be? If moonlight is reflected sunlight, surely a concentration should be able to raise a thermometer's reading.

3. Most scientists are uninvolved. Like 99% of humanity, they have no reason to base any decisions based on sphericity or flatness. Astronomy is largely an imaginary field, using calculations based on metaphysical assumptions.

4. Satellites may well go up and stay up. However, I have yet to see any evidence of circumpolar navigation, which is claimed for satellites. I also have yet to see any evidence of traffic crossing Antarctica. Traveling to the edge of it, and a ways into it, won't suffice.

5. Why bother? Because there are philosophical implications, to the nature of reality, and to the nature of thought itself.
Quote from: Rushy
No bawwing is necessary.

« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2013, 09:57:28 PM »

First, this is the Q&A forum.  There is a forum dedicated to debate.  It is even aptly titled "Flat Earth Debate" so you should have no trouble finding it.  I am glad you want me to explain it to you, however a simple search will yield plenty of results and save time.  That way, I can see that you can actually use the search function.  If you have any questions about alternative theories, I suggest you make a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Debate is, due to lack of a better word, perhaps a wrongful word to use in this context. I am looking for answers, but I am critical, so I will continue to ask questions and pose the problems as I experience them a long. I don't see that as a debate, but more as a way in you could teach me. In a debate there would be nothing to learn as it is purely to defend your own view.

Again, this is where you are wrong.  No one owes you anything or has to do your work for you.  Do some research, and post specific questions.  If you ask questions that can be answered by taking two minutes to search, they will largely be ignored.

How can I go wrong if I ask questions? How much more specific would you need to have a question. How? It's a question..explain to me. I explain the way I see it, I explain the things I know and how you see it. There are plenty of things you could hook onto and explain your theory...
This is so typical about FES. Give me an example. How much answers do you see in this thread about Aetheric winds?
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php/topic,53721.0.html
I see none and nothing but complete rubbish talk.
Or do these quotes count as answers?
I feel so powerful 
ITT: We learn that Tausami is a rapist.
RAEP
Rape what you sow.
BIG BAWLS
This was a fairly reasonable thread.
According to Thork, it was.
With the small text of my iPod, I read this as "alcoholic wind".
Alcoholic wind makes a better theory.
I am having a hard time with this one here.

I am not going to sniff through every post to see if there might be an answer if any thread I open holds nothing but rubbish. You help me out here to understand, or stop the typical behaviour I have experienced much too often so far. If you hold the answers, you could easily tell yourself. Instead you point to look for it, but the results give nothing but rubbish. Either there are no answers out there (which I think is more likely) or I suck at searching for it. Either way, you got to explain things. Everytime you reply to me telling me to look for it, you could have spend the 2 minutes yourself and at least give me the links to the right topics.

Suit yourself, but it tells me there can't be much thruth in the FET, because obviously you can't say anything useful.
Hello!

Junker

« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2013, 10:20:10 PM »
Debate is, due to lack of a better word, perhaps a wrongful word to use in this context. I am looking for answers, but I am critical, so I will continue to ask questions and pose the problems as I experience them a long. I don't see that as a debate, but more as a way in you could teach me. In a debate there would be nothing to learn as it is purely to defend your own view.

Fair enough.  Although it seems you spend much more time defending your own view than trying to learn.

How can I go wrong if I ask questions? How much more specific would you need to have a question. How? It's a question..explain to me. I explain the way I see it, I explain the things I know and how you see it. There are plenty of things you could hook onto and explain your theory...
This is so typical about FES. Give me an example. How much answers do you see in this thread about Aetheric winds?
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php/topic,53721.0.html

There isn't anything wrong with asking questions.  I am suggesting you take a moment to try to find the answer, then note the ones you haven't found an answer for; finally, post threads/questions on those.  It is pretty easy to do a search and quickly weed out the results.

I am not going to sniff through every post to see if there might be an answer if any thread I open holds nothing but rubbish. You help me out here to understand, or stop the typical behaviour I have experienced much too often so far. If you hold the answers, you could easily tell yourself. Instead you point to look for it, but the results give nothing but rubbish.

So how many threads did you search through when searching for aether?  I saw two.  I think you did the search so you could try to point out that searching doesn't provide the results you want, although you didn't really try.  You have been here for two weeks.  There is years worth of content.  I went through the same thing.  I had questions, and I searched.  Post less, lurk moar.

Either there are no answers out there

There are.

or I suck at searching for it.

This.

Either way, you got to explain things. Everytime you reply to me telling me to look for it, you could have spend the 2 minutes yourself and at least give me the links to the right topics.

No, I don't have to.  You never asked me to provide the links ???

If you really feel that your searching ability is that bad, I will try to help.

Suit yourself, but it tells me there can't be much thruth in the FET, because obviously you can't say anything useful.

If you can't find the wisdom in my replies, that is a you problem.  Teach a man to fish and all that...

« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2013, 11:38:52 PM »
Fair enough.  Although it seems you spend much more time defending your own view than trying to learn.

Just critical, but I hope nothing you can't handle?

There isn't anything wrong with asking questions.  I am suggesting you take a moment to try to find the answer, then note the ones you haven't found an answer for; finally, post threads/questions on those.  It is pretty easy to do a search and quickly weed out the results.

Obviously I have been opening threads and asking questions, but none of them have been answered so far. You keep saying keep looking, but I don't see it.

So how many threads did you search through when searching for aether?  I saw two.  I think you did the search so you could try to point out that searching doesn't provide the results you want, although you didn't really try.  You have been here for two weeks.  There is years worth of content.  I went through the same thing.  I had questions, and I searched.  Post less, lurk moar.

So instead of giving a helping hand you let me re-invent the wheel again.
Waste of time and since you apparently know the answers already I very much like to hear it from you than to sniff into some old dusted topics, which are rubbish. That way the answering could start right away. I have explained my question already, you just fail to answer it.

There are.

In your dreams perhaps

This.

So? Where is your help..?

No, I don't have to.  You never asked me to provide the links ???

If you really feel that your searching ability is that bad, I will try to help.

Quit the chatting, start giving some real answers?

If you can't find the wisdom in my replies, that is a you problem.  Teach a man to fish and all that...

Here is my wisdom. If you are looking for things which are not there, you are not going to find them.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 11:40:41 PM by Lolflatdisc »
Hello!

« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2013, 04:18:48 AM »
Whenever I see a thread in which FE'ers try to explain the local differences in "acceleration", it always goes somewhat like "it's due to the aetheric whirlpool", "celestial bodies have some pull, but it's not gravitational" or they flat out deny it. These "explanations" are all in the same level as "god did it" in that they are no explanations, they are cop outs. It's just vomiting words with a vague scientific meaning.

?

Roy

« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2013, 06:40:09 PM »
Hello, Roy!

I am happy to report that the earth is flat. Now to your questions.

1. Various books such as are linked from the Library and mentioned in different threads report that ship travel distances in the southern regions turn out to be too long, for the earth to be the sphere commonly believed. These literary sources are rather old. I don't know where to find new info. But port to port travel in the southern region is not consistent with spherical earth theory, according to that literature.

2. A study published in Lancet, in the 1840s I believe, proved that concentrated moonlight was incapable of raising a thermometer's reading. How could that be? If moonlight is reflected sunlight, surely a concentration should be able to raise a thermometer's reading.

3. Most scientists are uninvolved. Like 99% of humanity, they have no reason to base any decisions based on sphericity or flatness. Astronomy is largely an imaginary field, using calculations based on metaphysical assumptions.

4. Satellites may well go up and stay up. However, I have yet to see any evidence of circumpolar navigation, which is claimed for satellites. I also have yet to see any evidence of traffic crossing Antarctica. Traveling to the edge of it, and a ways into it, won't suffice.

5. Why bother? Because there are philosophical implications, to the nature of reality, and to the nature of thought itself.

1. So you have some admittedly old, and probably out of date seeing as how they measure ship time, books that refute the distances predicted by a round Earth. Is there anything that uses modern measuring practices? What about the fact that people live in the southern hemisphere and can tell us how long it takes to travel, say, from the east to west coast of Australia? What about when I'm flying in the Southern Hemisphere and the arrival and departure times are accurate based on flight speed and distance covered?

2. An article from the early half of the 19th century? Is there any modern science using modern methodology?

3. Astronomy is predictive though and has provided many insights into our universe. They don't use metaphysical assumptions, they use the laws of physics, empirical observation, and a rigorous scientific methodology. (I know several people in this field.)

4. If FET is so credible why hasn't any one government/company/wealthy benefactor sent someone out to examine the edge of our planet? Surely this would be the kind of major scientific endeavor that unites countries; such as the ISS of LHC. Isn't the best explanation that we know what Antarctica looks like and it's not an infinite ice wall?

5. I point to what I just said above here. What is the motivation of this vast cover-up? What do the world's power stand to gain in convincing us that the Earth is round? Is faith in FET and conspiracy more credible that the entirety of the scientific community? Wouldn't at least one prominent scientist say something to address these philosophical implications?

?

odes

• Everything else is a fairy tale!
« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2013, 10:48:01 PM »
1. So you have some admittedly old, and probably out of date seeing as how they measure ship time, books that refute the distances predicted by a round Earth. Is there anything that uses modern measuring practices? What about the fact that people live in the southern hemisphere and can tell us how long it takes to travel, say, from the east to west coast of Australia? What about when I'm flying in the Southern Hemisphere and the arrival and departure times are accurate based on flight speed and distance covered?

2. An article from the early half of the 19th century? Is there any modern science using modern methodology?

3. Astronomy is predictive though and has provided many insights into our universe. They don't use metaphysical assumptions, they use the laws of physics, empirical observation, and a rigorous scientific methodology. (I know several people in this field.)

4. If FET is so credible why hasn't any one government/company/wealthy benefactor sent someone out to examine the edge of our planet? Surely this would be the kind of major scientific endeavor that unites countries; such as the ISS of LHC. Isn't the best explanation that we know what Antarctica looks like and it's not an infinite ice wall?

5. I point to what I just said above here. What is the motivation of this vast cover-up? What do the world's power stand to gain in convincing us that the Earth is round? Is faith in FET and conspiracy more credible that the entirety of the scientific community? Wouldn't at least one prominent scientist say something to address these philosophical implications?

1. I think nobody is paying attention any more. There is no public debate. Land travel isn't the issue. The land is probably accurately surveyed.

2. Go for it! Concentrate some moonlight. The study, by the way, said that moonlight cooled a thermometer. I mis-remembered.

3. Gravity is metaphysical. There is really no way to get up there and see directly. Astronomy is largely imaginary.

4. I think we cannot get to the edge.

5. The motive for a cover-up is that things are going well. A spherical earth keeps people busy with wild imaginings, so their ticklish ears will eagerly hear more wild tales. I have never met a scientist who believes the earth is flat. Mostly they agree that it's an amusing topic, but they stay with their gravity and physics as they know them.
Quote from: Rushy
No bawwing is necessary.

?

Scintific Method

• Trust, but verify.
« Reply #55 on: May 21, 2013, 11:44:38 PM »
I have never met a scientist who believes the earth is flat.

There's a reason for that!  :)
Quote from: jtelroy
...the FE'ers still found a way to deny it. Not with counter arguments. Not with proof of any kind. By simply denying it.

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt."