will the FES sponsor a trip from MIAMI to the SOUTH-POLE and beyond ?

• 26 Replies
Since ther are many members in this Flat Earch Society, will you gather some money to sponsor a trip by plane from MIAMI to the SOUTH POLE and beyond ?

Whats the point you might ask ? well the experiment its simple we will record the flight, or even better broadcast it live, and see what happens when the SOUTH POLE is reached and the plane continues its path.

If the plane and crew reache the "EDGE of the EARTH" you guys have won...if it reaches the other side of the earth this society will be closed and all its members will receive the results of the experiment.

Let me know if you guys ever decide to gather the money so I can share the link to the "donate" page.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 07:52:11 AM by magicair »

Heh. I would freely give a few bucks for this if there was a sponsoring attempt, but unfortunately I believe that whatever the result would be, it would be quickly dismissed, or twisted into FET-confirmation.

?

Jingle Jangle

• I breathe therefore I am
Ever heard of CIA body doubles before guys?  Well, I think with some of these projects that duplicates would be brought in after the sacrifice.  After 2003, no more flights are permitted to fly over the South Pole though by the way.  Sydney to Rio De Janeiro used to have south pole flights, but I think the GPS got tinked with a taste back then.  The Earth is flat, it has to be.  I just do not know why they spend so much energy covering it all up.  Just for religious vengeance?

RealScientist

• Science does not care for Earth's shape
Probably the FE'ers would claim that they were doped and hypnotized to remember images of the South Pole that were really photos or virtual reality or something. They would most probably claim that the plane never even took off. That is exactly what they would say if they ever go into orbit.

Conspiracy theorists never run out of excuses to avoid accepting that the real conspiracies in this real world have been few and they all finally are discovered.

?

Jingle Jangle

Probably the FE'ers would claim that they were doped and hypnotized to remember images of the South Pole that were really photos or virtual reality or something. They would most probably claim that the plane never even took off. That is exactly what they would say if they ever go into orbit.

Conspiracy theorists never run out of excuses to avoid accepting that the real conspiracies in this real world have been few and they all finally are discovered.

Young muppet, you are so wrong.  There are no excuses, just agile minded leaps and bounds away from conspiracies which really do exist.  These are cover-ups of simple experiments which leave no room for error.  These simple experiments do not take years of education in order to sear into young peoples brains and the gentry.  They differ from all the formulas of conjecture and syntax repetition which are a characteristic of physics and astrophysics.  They respect the varying intelligence in the strata of human kind.  No one can deny that just because it has no strings do not judge it as non-sequitor.  The Suez Canal is not a trick..

RealScientist

The Suez Canal is not a trick..
The rest of the post does not even deserve an answer, so lets look at the Suez Canal.

Do you have any direct evidence for this claim? Or are you parroting what you heard someplace? If you really want to make the case that the Suez Canal is really flat you have to have measurements from somebody who needed to measure the height of the canal with the precision required for your claim. The engineers who made it did not have the equipment or the need to account for the small curvature of the Earth in such a large project. Every segment of the Canal must be inclined less than half a degree or so, and any error within that margin will just make the Canal a few inches shallower or deeper than expected. You don't even show data on how much error they had in their measurements after the Canal was filled.

And there is a very important piece of information that has to be taken into account in every one of your failed examples: if your canal (either the Suez Canal or the Bedford or any other) has any movement of water at all this affects your measurements. Unless you have gone to the Suez Canal and measured the very slow movement of the water, and modeled the effect of this movement in your measurements, you really don't know how much error you are having. You have to learn how to design experiments before you declare you know more than the rest of humanity.

?

Jingle Jangle

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php/topic,58493.0.html#.UZPMX7WTiSo  I am talking about this particular site address here where odes refers to precise measurement sources.  How could you not refer to every question?

Young muppet, you are so wrong.  There are no excuses, just agile minded leaps and bounds away from conspiracies which really do exist.  These are cover-ups of simple experiments which leave no room for error.  These simple experiments do not take years of education in order to sear into young peoples brains and the gentry.  They differ from all the formulas of conjecture and syntax repetition which are a characteristic of physics and astrophysics.  They respect the varying intelligence in the strata of human kind.  No one can deny that just because it has no strings do not judge it as non-sequitor.  The Suez Canal is not a trick..

If there are conspiracies, you hold proof to that arguement don't you? The best conspiracy is the one you do not know of. Apparently you got word that ALL of the world is into a conspiracy, except this small society, full of heroes, who go by their senses to know the earth is flat. Everything that is in the slightest providing proof the earth is a sphere is dismissed or part of a cover up. A cover up for what purpose? You don't know...so for the same reason they could have said the earth was actually a cube?

Let me ask you the following question. What IF the earth was a sphere, how should it be proved to you? What would you expect to see if the earth was a sphere?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 12:28:43 PM by Lolflatdisc »
Hello!

Let me ask you the following question. What IF the earth was a sphere, how should it be proved to you? What would you expect to see if the earth was a sphere?

*question does not compute* *fizzle* *crack*

*question does not compute* *fizzle* *crack*

So you have no imagination as to what a spherical earth would look like? Instead you will go on this childish behaviour of "can't hear you...lalalalala".

This forum is for serious debates and if you're not old enough to understand or you just don't want to understand, don't bother to respond. Leave it up for the grown ups. I much rather like to debate with the FE defenders who can produce some normal answers.
Hello!

RealScientist

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php/topic,58493.0.html#.UZPMX7WTiSo  I am talking about this particular site address here where odes refers to precise measurement sources.  How could you not refer to every question?
There are no measurements at all in the place you mention. Just a diatribe from an angry Flat Earther trying to make a case from a diagram.

The one thing you can see in this diagram is the length of the Canal if it were straight. There are no measurements from the engineers who made the diagram, or even a mention that the engineers in fact made the diagram. For all we know, it could have been made by the Public Relations department of the project. There are no indications as to how they did the measurements. Did they use an altimeter to keep the canal level? Did they use a theodolite that they carefully kept calibrated to a horizontal line in one of the ends of the canal? Did they even care about that kind of precision, even though the only thing they needed was to make the canal useful?

Now, if you have an unpublished report from the original engineers telling us that they started constructing the canal with the expected curvature of the Earth and that the project was going straight to hell until they started assuming a flat planet and succeeded, please show it to us.

?

jason_85

• 4D n-sphere earth believer
I much rather like to debate with the FE defenders who can produce some normal answers.

How is expecting a normal answer from someone who believes the earth is flat not complete madness in itself?
Jason, you are my least favorite noob.

I much rather like to debate with the FE defenders who can produce some normal answers.

How is expecting a normal answer from someone who believes the earth is flat not complete madness in itself?

I am not a pshyciatrist to make such a diagnosis, but if you ask me, yes it probably has a cause in mental disorders.
Word of caution. A different view does not immediately mean a mental disorder. Ignorance could be a cause in what makes anyone believe the earth is flat, but a normal person is open for reasons and viewpoints of others and can argue against it. In this debate there are no answers and all evidence provided from the RE perspective is disregarded immediately. Questions from the RE perspective are never answered or explained in detail. The FE live in their own world and make up their own thruth of the things they see around them. Hence the reason why there also isn't a single answer whether the sun is hoovering or circling the earth. Everything that contradicts the thruth they make up  in their mind is regarded as false.
Circular logic at its finest.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 09:37:06 AM by Lolflatdisc »
Hello!

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
Since ther are many members in this Flat Earch Society, will you gather some money to sponsor a trip by plane from MIAMI to the SOUTH POLE and beyond ?

Whats the point you might ask ? well the experiment its simple we will record the flight, or even better broadcast it live, and see what happens when the SOUTH POLE is reached and the plane continues its path.

If the plane and crew reache the "EDGE of the EARTH" you guys have won...if it reaches the other side of the earth this society will be closed and all its members will receive the results of the experiment.

Let me know if you guys ever decide to gather the money so I can share the link to the "donate" page.

By what means do you propose we gather the money?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones

http://www.kickstarter.com/
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Junker

Incorrect.

Quote from: Kickstarter
Kickstarter cannot be used to raise money for causes, whether it's the Red Cross or a scholarship, or for "fund my life" projects, like tuition or bills.
     Source:  http://www.kickstarter.com/help/guidelines?ref=footer

Give us money so we can prove to ourselves that the Earth is flat! Also, you gain absolutely nothing out of it, but we get a nice trip to Antarctica!

Seriously, Kickstarter wouldn't work.

Incorrect.

Kickstarter cannot be used to raise money for causes, whether it's the Red Cross or a scholarship, or for "fund my life" projects, like tuition or bills.

Well, you could make it a 'project' by making a documentary out of it, i.e. documenting those guys' trip to Antarctica. So it could be made Kickstarter eligible.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 01:44:55 PM by icanbeanything »

?

Shmeggley

• Eppur si muove!

Give us money so we can prove to ourselves that the Earth is flat! Also, you gain absolutely nothing out of it, but we get a nice trip to Antarctica!

Seriously, Kickstarter wouldn't work.

Incorrect.

Well, you could make it a 'project' by making a documentary out of it, i.e. documenting those guys' trip to Antarctica. So it could be made Kickstarter eligible.

That's an absolutely excellent idea. There are currently 3887 documentary projects in Kickstarter! I've suggested this before as a way to explore the NASA conspiracy also. And as I said before, even if the doc is interfered with, blocked, stonewalled etc. by the conspiracy, that just provides further proof of it! It's really a win-win!
Giess what? I am a tin foil hat conspiracy lunatic who knows nothing... See what I'm getting at here?

Junker

That's an absolutely excellent idea. There are currently 3887 documentary projects in Kickstarter! I've suggested this before as a way to explore the NASA conspiracy also. And as I said before, even if the doc is interfered with, blocked, stonewalled etc. by the conspiracy, that just provides further proof of it! It's really a win-win!

Except that if there is a conspiracy, the "broadcast" will likely be interrupted and the plane and crew would disappear.  No one would ever know what happened, and nothing would be proven.

Except that if there is a conspiracy, the "broadcast" will likely be interrupted and the plane and crew would disappear.  No one would ever know what happened, and nothing would be proven.

What if there isn't and all goes well? I bet there is always something to it that makes you not want to believe it...
Hello!

Junker

I bet there is always something to it that makes you not want to believe it...

You would bet wrong then.

The premise of these forums is that the Earth is flat.  If someone wants to raise money and fund an expedition, then the burden is on that person.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones

Incorrect.

It's not a cause, it's a research expedition.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Junker

Incorrect.

Unless the sole purpose is to produce a film, then it does not fall under a Kickstarter category that is acceptable.  I feel like we are arguing semantics here, I figured you would have looked for a more appropriate solution.  Here, I will do it for you:

http://www.indiegogo.com/

You can fundraise for almost anything there.  But, once again,

Quote from: JUNKER
The premise of these forums is that the Earth is flat.  If someone wants to raise money and fund an expedition, then the burden is on that person.

?

Jingle Jangle

Incorrect.

It is a pipe-dream.  It costs too much money to do that... a big pipe-dream.......

You would bet wrong then.

Then I wonder why you disregard all the other footage out there. The live broadcasts from the ISS, the videos amateurs have made high above the earth's surface?

But please, go ahead with the experiment. I will be convident you finally find out yourself the earth is a sphere.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 03:43:41 PM by Lolflatdisc »
Hello!

Incorrect.

It is a pipe-dream.  It costs too much money to do that... a big pipe-dream.......

Depends how expensive it is going to be. If there are like 1000 people here and the costs are $100,000. You only pay $100 each.
Hello!

Junker

But please, go ahead with the experiment. I will be convident you finally find out yourself the earth is a sphere.