Breach of personal information

• 19 Replies

sokarul

• Extra Racist
Breach of personal information
« on: May 13, 2013, 04:41:21 PM »
Quote from: Pongo
Posting of personal information is against the rules and it is perfectly reasonable of Thork to request that it be removed. Even if information is shared on another medium, it does not mean that it is okay to mirror that information wherever you wish. In the future if you want to post someone's image or other information, you should seek their permission. Lets consider this a general warning and reminder of the "personal information" rules of the board. I'm locking this thread as posting private information is not a topic under discussion. In the future, if personal information is posted, please start a new thread or PM any moderator.
As per Pongo.
Thork breaking the rules after he started a thread about the same thing.
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php/topic,58639.msg1492463.html#msg1492463
I expect a ban. He started a thread about a breach of personal information and then does the exact same thing. He wants to be a moderator then why is he breaking the rules he wants inforced?   

Pizzaplanet doing it multiple times. Link to when he did it after Thorks's thread. It should be a ban as he posted in Thork's thread, and he posted it up in Technical support. Plus is past ban history.

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php/topic,58563.msg1489905.html#msg1489905

Saddam doing it many times before Thork's thread. On such post. I expect him to be warned.
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php/topic,56590.msg1454811.html#msg1454811

A moderator doing it. Roundy the Truthinessist should be warned. What make him so special he doesn't have to follow the rules?
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php/topic,23272.msg1379038.html#msg1379038

Jroa doing it. I expect him to be warned.
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php/topic,37660.msg1366196.html#msg1366196

Blanko doing it.
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php/topic,42271.msg1247488.html#msg1247488
That thread has a bunch.

Mugthulhu
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php/topic,57333.msg1440117.html#msg1440117

Probably more people.
And since warnings will be issued I expect the next time either the link or the picture is posted, the poster will be banned for an amount of time.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
Re: Breach of personal information
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 04:53:49 PM »
The only time you ever commented on that picture, you said this:

You know it's funny Saddam, that picture is from when my hair wasn't falling out.  Why would I get mad at it being posted? 

Also, you just show the same thing that everyone does to me.  Even when I first started people couldn't handle me being correct.  You just try to attack me because you can't do anything else.

It's ok.
I am smarter than you.
I have more money than you.
I have more friends than you. 
My family line makes your look like a line of homeless people.
You will never be as great as I am and will be.
You can't even touch me. 

So just keep posting the picture.  You still have shit on me.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 06:07:25 PM by Saddam Hussein »

?

Thork

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 04:56:46 PM »
Also you were the first person to post that picture on the site. Its a picture that you publicly offered. I fail to see the problem. Its not like someone went and took it from Facebook or Twitter without your consent. You are the first person to post that picture on the site. If anyone should be banned for that picture ... then surely it must be you.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 05:21:24 PM »
Also you were the first person to post that picture on the site. Its a picture that you publicly offered. I fail to see the problem. Its not like someone went and took it from Facebook or Twitter without your consent. You are the first person to post that picture on the site. If anyone should be banned for that picture ... then surely it must be you.
I did not , so don't lie to cover up the fact that you broke the rules. It was stolen from my Myspace page back in 2010, maybe even earlier. Someone was banned for an alt as it was posted under an alt. 

The only time you ever commented on that picture, you said this:

You know it's funny Saddam, that picture is from when my hair wasn't falling out.  Why would I get mad at it being posted? 

Also, you just show the same thing that everyone does to me.  Even when I first started people couldn't handle me being correct.  You just try to attack me because you can't do anything else.

It's ok.
I am smarter than you.
I have more money than you.
I have more friends than you. 
My family line makes your look like a line of homeless people.
You will never be as great as I am and will be.
You can't even touch me. 

So just keep posting the picture.  You still have shit on me.
I guess we will see what Pongo says. Either way, I still expect that if it's posted again then the poster will get a ban.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 06:02:31 PM »
The only person who broke the rules is the one who made the alt to first post that picture, and even then it's probably a gray area, as it was before any precedent was established on that matter.  It wasn't unreasonable for the rest of us to assume that there was no problem with it when neither you nor the mods protested.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2013, 06:08:57 PM »
My take is that that picture has been posted for years and you never once complained.  I guess we'll discuss this and get back to you, Sokky, but don't expect anybody to be retroactively banned for it.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

?

spoon

• Flat Earth Editor
  • ho ho ho
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2013, 06:17:09 PM »
What's the established statute of limitations for FE forum misdemeanors, Roundy?
I work nights are get the feeling of impennding doom for things most people take for granted.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2013, 06:19:55 PM »
I don't believe there is one, burdenofproof.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

?

spoon

• Flat Earth Editor
  • ho ho ho
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2013, 06:26:12 PM »
haha that was my guess
I work nights are get the feeling of impennding doom for things most people take for granted.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2013, 08:44:35 PM »
So, let me get this straight.  After three years of knowing about this picture being posted and not caring, you suddenly care?  Are you doing this because you feel like you have been wronged or are you doing this because you think it may get someone banned for a few days?  The way I see it, there are two options. 

1: Being that you never shared the picture yourself (but gave permission to post it), you ask us to keep it off the site and we will because it's a photograph of yourself and we at the Flat Earth Society respect that sort of thing.  A few members will have an absolute conniption and push us in every possible way they can, but at the end of the day it is your personal information that you no longer wish to share.  With this option no one will get banned and we will remove pics as we find them and issue warnings.  If a member continues to post your picture we will issue a short ban.

2: You let it go and continue not caring about the picture.  You did after all once give permission to post the image.

?

Thork

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2013, 10:16:30 PM »
That picture was being posted with impunity before I joined the forum, so I assumed there was no problem. Whilst I can't take it back, I will respect the fact that it is your personal information and will cease to post it in the future.

Lorddave

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2013, 03:34:33 AM »
What's the problem? It's not even an embarassing picture. It's boring.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2013, 05:18:56 AM »
So, let me get this straight.  After three years of knowing about this picture being posted and not caring, you suddenly care?  Are you doing this because you feel like you have been wronged or are you doing this because you think it may get someone banned for a few days?  The way I see it, there are two options. 
I don't think I realized it was against the rules. Like I said, when it was first posted, an alt and the persons other name was banned. Nothing else. I could be wrong, but person information really didn't matter until a mod had his personal information post. But that could of happened before, I don't remember.

1: Being that you never shared the picture yourself (but gave permission to post it), you ask us to keep it off the site and we will because it's a photograph of yourself and we at the Flat Earth Society respect that sort of thing.  A few members will have an absolute conniption and push us in every possible way they can, but at the end of the day it is your personal information that you no longer wish to share.  With this option no one will get banned and we will remove pics as we find them and issue warnings. If a member continues to post your picture we will issue a short ban.
Ok, I like this resolution.

2: You let it go and continue not caring about the picture.  You did after all once give permission to post the image.
Obviously no mods stepped in either. If you are going to accept that I gave permission to keep posting it, you would have to accept that only saddam had the permission.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2013, 07:38:05 AM »
It's all or nothing. You can't give Saddam permission to post your picture then expect anyone else posting it to be banned.

PizzaPlanet

• Now available in stereo
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2013, 10:25:14 PM »
Wow, sokarul sure figured out how to get half of the forum banned.

On a more serious note, sokarul: In the past you've posted pictures of me holding a roll of toilet paper and wearing a bathrobe (omg scandalous!) and appended them with homosexual slurs. If I suddenly retract permission for you to post that picture, should you get banned? No. That's just not how shit works.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 10:26:55 PM by PizzaPlanet »
hacking your precious forum as we speak 8) 8) 8)

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2013, 07:36:16 AM »
We certainly won't be banning anyone ex post facto, if you will.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2013, 04:33:14 PM »
Wow, sokarul sure figured out how to get half of the forum banned.
Two people is not half the forum. If yo bothered to read my original post. I only asked for the people who posted the picture after Thork's thread to be banned for an amout of time.

On a more serious note, sokarul: In the past you've posted pictures of me holding a roll of toilet paper and wearing a bathrobe (omg scandalous!) and appended them with homosexual slurs.
I don't believe I did that. My memory isn't the best but I seem to remember that picture being your avatar. How about you not lie to the mods. How would I even get a picture you never posted? But maybe I'm wrong. I am leaving for vacation tomorrow afternoon and will be returning Tuesday afternoon. I'm sure you can find it by then. If not, I expect an apology.   
If I suddenly retract permission for you to post that picture, should you get banned? No. That's just not how shit works.
This fora must be so upper you can curse in it.

Why are you telling that to me? Tell it to Thork and Pongo. You could always  posting it and see if they ban you. I know you are an expert at breaking the forum rules. 
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
  • Venerated Official of the High Zetetic Council
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2013, 07:31:50 PM »
sokural, are you this insufferable IRL as well, or is it the anonymity of the internet that does it to you?

You aren't going to get anyone banned. You haven't even convinced anyone you actually care. Please stop wasting everyone's time.

PizzaPlanet

• Now available in stereo
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2013, 10:22:28 PM »
If yo bothered to read my original post.
I did read it. I read it out loud, in fact. I also recorded it and posted the recording on these very fora. How silly of you to suggest that I didn't read it.

I don't believe I did that. My memory isn't the best
I'm sorry to hear that.

I seem to remember that picture being your avatar.
Wow, yes, your memory is terrible. (No, it was not my avatar.)

How about you not lie to the mods.
Something you can't remember != a lie.

But maybe I'm wrong. I am leaving for vacation tomorrow afternoon and will be returning Tuesday afternoon. I'm sure you can find it by then. If not, I expect an apology.
Yes, sokarul, just wait patiently while I comply with your demands. Seriously, I'll be right back with it.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 10:42:48 PM by PizzaPlanet »
hacking your precious forum as we speak 8) 8) 8)

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2013, 04:35:11 AM »
Yeah I knew you couldn't find it.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER