Oh the irony...

• 5 Replies

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
Oh the irony...
« on: April 24, 2013, 02:51:16 PM »
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

Re: Oh the irony...
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 04:29:14 PM »
Is the whole point of this the single statement that there is more evidence for a flat earth than for a young earth?

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 08:26:40 PM »
It's considered low-content posting to simply link a video. If you want to have a meaningful discussion on anything, you'll have to put forth some effort. According to Pongo's Rule of a Fifth, people will return no more than a fifth of the work you put into a post; most cases it's much much lower.

Wolf

• Flat Earth non-believer
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2013, 12:15:31 AM »
lol - they actually believe the earth is flat!

?

Shmeggley

• Eppur si muove!
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2013, 05:05:51 PM »
Kent Hovind is probably my favorite creationist ever. I wonder when he's getting out of jail because I'm curious to see what he does next. His son Eric seems to be doing a fine job of bringing creationism into the 21st century. He's got a video podcast and he's active on Twitter.

This is interesting that you post this, I have been arguing with creationists on Twitter for a while before I started on the FES forums. The similarities are really interesting, especially in that both groups like to break down the skeptics arguments as just another faith position.

It's also become apparent to me that, despite the invective hurled from both sides, the opposing groups can't simply be defined as sane vs. delusional, or smart vs. stupid. There does seem to be a fundamental difference in they way they think though.

Anyway, thanks for the video as I have not seen this one before, I'll have to find some time to watch more of it.
Giess what? I am a tin foil hat conspiracy lunatic who knows nothing... See what I'm getting at here?

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2013, 05:59:53 PM »
There is also a really good one of Kent Hovind debating Massimo Pigliucci, a very well-spoken evolutionary biologist. Hovind argues his position voraciously and gets Massimo hot under the collar but in the end Hovind's position gets pretty exposed as arguing from a false distinction (evolution is religion just like Christianity). It also exposes something I see as problematic: scientists often negate the question of a creator saying "the question is unscientific", which is true, but it does not render the question invalid as a challenge to science's power as an explanatory system. Anyway, I can only listen to Hovind so long before I want to punch him, with Dinesh D'Souza's head...
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.