A Quick Question About Logic

• 40 Replies
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2006, 06:07:05 PM »
Quote from: "GeoGuy"
Quote from: "phaseshifter"

I haven't been there because I'm not a scientist, and since I don't beleive the earth is flat, I had no reason to go look for evidence of something I didn't beleive in.

FE's have not been there because they're not scientists, and since they don't believe the Earth is round they have no reason to go look for evidence of something they don't believe in.

Is it, or is it not possible to go to the ice wall?

Stop dodging the question.
atttttttup was right when he said joseph bloom is right, The Engineer is a douchebag.

?

GeoGuy

« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2006, 06:28:20 PM »

I haven't dodged any question, it is not possible for most FE's to go to the ice wall for the exact same reason it is not possible for you to go to the ice wall. None of us, FE's or RE's, knows whether it's possible because we've never been there.

« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2006, 07:14:36 PM »
It is possible for anyone to go to the ice wall in the same way it is possible for anyone to rob Fort Knox, or possible for anyone to punch the pope in the stomach.

It's risky, you're likely to get shot, and for most people the reward does not warrant the liklihood of punishment.

« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2006, 10:45:08 PM »
Quote from: "GeoGuy"

I haven't dodged any question, it is not possible for most FE's to go to the ice wall for the exact same reason it is not possible for you to go to the ice wall. None of us, FE's or RE's, knows whether it's possible because we've never been there.

That doesn't matter. I have never been to kenya, but I know it's posible to go there. I've never been undersea but I know it's possible to go there.
Wha tmakes the ice wall so special.

It's risky, you're likely to get shot,

Why would I get shot?
atttttttup was right when he said joseph bloom is right, The Engineer is a douchebag.

« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2006, 03:10:17 AM »
Quote from: "Unimportant"
It's risky, you're likely to get shot,

Why would I get shot?

Because of the icewall guards.
 believe the Earth is round.
That doesn't mean the Earth is round.

"If you're going to yell at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" --Homer Simpson

« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2006, 07:14:50 AM »
Quote from: "holybrain"

That's probably not explicit enough an explanation for phaseshifter. He's not too good at filling in the gaps, so I'll try to spell it out a little bit better.

You would get shot because an ice wall guard would depress the trigger of his projectile weapon while pointing it in your direction, causing the firing mechanism to ignite a charge, which propels a small projectile called a "bullet" with sufficient kinetic energy to reach your body and breach the skin, resuling in damage of internal organs and likely the eventual cessation of heart function, which will in turn cut the oxygen flow to the brain and ultimately result in death.

« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2006, 03:48:17 PM »
Quote from: "Unimportant"
Quote from: "holybrain"

That's probably not explicit enough an explanation for phaseshifter. He's not too good at filling in the gaps, so I'll try to spell it out a little bit better.

You would get shot because an ice wall guard would depress the trigger of his projectile weapon while pointing it in your direction, causing the firing mechanism to ignite a charge, which propels a small projectile called a "bullet" with sufficient kinetic energy to reach your body and breach the skin, resuling in damage of internal organs and likely the eventual cessation of heart function, which will in turn cut the oxygen flow to the brain and ultimately result in death.

You misunderstood. When  I asked "why would I get shot" I mean why would there be someone there to shoot me, and what reasons to you have to bleive that there would be someone there to shoot me?

« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2006, 05:43:34 PM »
Wow! you really do seem a bit challenged in your logic circuitrys' extrapolatory capacitence.

"why would there be someone there to shoot me?"

because you are a designated target for any IceWall Guard whose field of fire you have entered. This is what these guys train for: someone will be there to cap yer ass.

"what reasons do you have to beleive that there would be someone there to shoot me?"

as you theoretically engaged in an approach to the ice wall; agents of the Conspiracy Conspiracy, having monitored your every move since you logged off and headed out, simply co-ordinated w/ the ICG to intercept you and affect your timely demise.

these Ops are conducted on an "as needed" basis of course..
 believe that; the Earth is flat until such time as I stand within the Space Station and personally see that it is a Globe.
or that the Earth is a sphere until such time as I stand upon the Icewall and personally see that it is a Flat Disk.

« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2006, 07:55:36 PM »
because you are a designated target for any IceWall Guard whose field of fire you have entered. This is what these guys train for: someone will be there to cap yer ass.

How do you know that?

« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2006, 08:39:00 PM »

How do you know that?

For once, phaseshifter sort of has a halfway decent point. How many expeditions go to Antarctica every year? Do we KNOW that there are ice wall guards?
 believe the Earth is round.
That doesn't mean the Earth is round.

"If you're going to yell at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" --Homer Simpson

« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2006, 12:06:15 PM »
OK, phaseshifter,

You really ought to contribute at least some of the higher-end thinking in this exchange.

A little logical strategic projection goes a long way.

According to Re sources: Antarctic Pop. is 1,000 non permanent incl. 200+ personnel rotating annually through the alleged South Polar Station. Supplied solely by air from NZ via McMurdo.

OK.

Given: the probability of unauthorized expeditions to FE Terra Australis by any Intrepid Explorer (ie Phaseshifter) looking for the IceWall and the logistical resources available to track and intercept said; A small highly mobile strike force is all that would reasonably be required and any/all IceWall Guard(s) on duty will be appropriately deployed to carry out their primary objective.  

If you can't follow an easy pattern out for more than a few initial permutations; I doubt that you are versed enough to ken, much less grok, much of what I post.

Although you must be awarded points for dogged persistance, If you continue to shirk your intellectual due diligence in this matter; I may not bother to respond further.
 believe that; the Earth is flat until such time as I stand within the Space Station and personally see that it is a Globe.
or that the Earth is a sphere until such time as I stand upon the Icewall and personally see that it is a Flat Disk.