"Faked" Photographic Evidence? Pfft.

• 144 Replies
?

darknavyseal

• Round Earth, for sure, maybe.
Re: "Faked" Photographic Evidence? Pfft.
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2013, 01:26:55 PM »
Oh. Thank you for kindly making up your own rules on evidence, and basically bossing us around. We don't have to bend to your stupid whims and utterly meaningless guidelines for evidence.

We (My family) have two exchange students from Japan. Another one is from China. I took the liberty a while back to ask their parents when exactly the sun set on that day (Since it is easier to see the sun set, because who likes to wake up early...). The times they gave me were spot on with world clock. I checked the sunrise time myself in my state, and in Utah (friend), and they both prove World Clock to be accurate.

Sure you did.

Quote from: darknavyseal
Lol. Um, how bout no. You are wrong.

Here, let me try.

"You cannot prove all atoms have protons and electrons, you must test every single one, including all their isotopes, ions, everything. Only then can we prove that atoms are made of at least protons and electrons. I know that the number of atoms is vast, but that is the peril with real science."

???

I am seriously not sure if you are trolling, or completely off your rocker. Please, get back on your rocker, Tom. K? Thanks.

If we knew nothing of rocks, water, dirt, plants, etc, it does not follow that because rocks are made out of atoms with protons and electrons, that other things are as well.

Only when we have a comprehensive body of observations, can deductions be made.

So, everybody on Earth that can verify that the World Clock calculations are at least almost correct, if not off by a few minutes, is not enough of a comprehensive body of evidence that supports World Clock's accuracy? Keep in mind, in order for the animation Thork posted to be correct, world clock must be off by more than several hours in some locations. That animation also doesn't explain why the antarctic edge gets 24/7 daylight for almost 6 months straight when the orbit of the sun has a wider radius. Just accept that the map does not work. Lets take a tally.

World Clock, very good accuracy, proves that the "circle of sunlight" is more like the picture I posted.
Time lapses/stars. People in the southern hemisphere (outer edge of disk in FE) can look south and see the same stars.

What else do we need, Tom?

And, yes. We do have exchange students from the formerly mentioned locations. Whether you lack the trust to believe that I asked them to tell me when the sun set for them (their parents), that is your own fault. If you choose to blindfold yourself, refusing to acknowledge information like a stubborn child, you go right ahead. It doesn't make you right, it makes you immature.

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2013, 06:05:55 AM »
It's clearly round. Without question!

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2013, 07:33:00 AM »
So, everybody on Earth that can verify that the World Clock calculations are at least almost correct, if not off by a few minutes, is not enough of a comprehensive body of evidence that supports World Clock's accuracy?

Where can I find this comprehensive body of evidence?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 08:27:27 AM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2013, 08:38:07 AM »
So, everybody on Earth that can verify that the World Clock calculations are at least almost correct, if not off by a few minutes, is not enough of a comprehensive body of evidence that supports World Clock's accuracy?

You can start by opening your eyes tonight and seeing how accurate it is for where you are. You can ask people you know who live in other areas. Ask people you trust. If you do that and aren't convinced then we can go on from there. You can't find any evidence if you refuse to look.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2013, 08:39:51 AM »

You can start by opening your eyes tonight and seeing how accurate it is for where you are. You can ask people you know who live in other areas. Ask people you trust. If you do that and aren't convinced then we can go on from there. You can't find any evidence if you refuse to look.

I was told that there is a body of evidence I could reference. How can it be evidence if it has not yet been observed?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 08:41:23 AM by Tom Bishop »

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2013, 08:47:06 AM »

I was told that there is a body of evidence I could reference. How can it be evidence if it has not yet been observed?

Exactly Tom.  Plenty of people have observed the accuracy of sunrise predictions.  That is evidence.  Go ahead and do it yourself.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2013, 08:57:24 AM »
in fact i have never heard of a account made of the times being incorrect. maby you could provide us with one tom? some how i think not. lol.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2013, 09:07:03 AM »
Exactly Tom.  Plenty of people have observed the accuracy of sunrise predictions.  That is evidence.  Go ahead and do it yourself.

"Go look yourself" doesn't sound like a body of evidence has been compiled to me.

It sounds like a denialist admitting that no such evidence exists.

« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2013, 09:10:55 AM »
show us a account of it being wrong tom. impress us. that would be a first.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2013, 09:14:07 AM »

I can't readily find any accounts what-so-ever, whether right or wrong, and apparently neither can anyone else in this thread.

So why should we blindly believe that the World Clock results are 100% accurate without verification of that fact?

« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2013, 09:15:22 AM »

Just because nobody has documented the observations and put them in a spreadsheet that you can Google in 5 seconds doesn't mean that nobody has observed it. Every day people look up when the sun is going to rise or set for various reasons. My mother and grandmother have taken countless sunset pictures in various locations, and they look up the time that it is going to set in order to do so. You can't retroactively prove it to yourself, so start now. You aren't going to believe the testimonies of anyone here anyway.

You also haven't answered my question from before. How far off do you expect these numbers to be?

« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2013, 09:17:10 AM »

I can't readily find any accounts what-so-ever, whether right or wrong, and apparently neither can anyone else in this thread.

So why should we blindly believe that the World Clock results are 100% accurate without verification of that fact?

because no one has ever shown it to be wrong. you know an awful lot of people actually rely on these time being accurate right. im sure they would all be complaining if it wasnt. don't you think tom?

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2013, 09:19:40 AM »
Just because nobody has documented the observations and put them in a spreadsheet that you can Google in 5 seconds doesn't mean that nobody has observed it. Every day people look up when the sun is going to rise or set for various reasons. My mother and grandmother have taken countless sunset pictures in various locations, and they look up the time that it is going to set in order to do so. You can't retroactively prove it to yourself, so start now. You aren't going to believe the testimonies of anyone here anyway.

If they are not publishing their results, they may as well never have done it.

« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2013, 09:21:46 AM »
tom, dont you think if the times given did not match observations that some one might have noticed?

« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2013, 09:25:14 AM »

If they are not publishing their results, they may as well never have done it.

Do you believe the sky to be blue? If you do, have you ever seen any published data that proves the sky to be blue to every observer in every latitude and longitude on Earth, or do you trust your own observation? Why is your own observation not enough in this instance?

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2013, 09:26:18 AM »

because no one has ever shown it to be wrong. you know an awful lot of people actually rely on these time being accurate right. im sure they would all be complaining if it wasnt. don't you think tom?

So because a calculator or website says that something will happen, apparently based on no experimental evidence, it's the burden of others to prove it wrong?

You might be interested in the following websites:

http://www.deathclock.com/
http://www.freshnewgames.com/daily_fortune_teller.html
http://www.kylottery.com/apps/draw_games/number_cruncher.html
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 09:34:01 AM by Tom Bishop »

?

Shmeggley

• Eppur si muove!
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2013, 09:44:27 AM »

So because a calculator or website says that something will happen, apparently based on no experimental evidence, it's the burden of others to prove it wrong?

I know you think you're being extremely clever Tom, but you're once again showing yourself to be an embarrassment to FES, Zeteticism, and reasonable people everywhere.

The fact that you think those websites anything to do with this discussion just show you know nothing about the World Clock and how it works.

I've seen the sunset and sunrise times on the weather report for years, and while I don't diligently check them, I have never heard anyone complain that they are hours off, or off at all.

So yes, the burden is on you to show that the World Clock system is wrong when the only argument you have is that you think it might be wrong.
Giess what? I am a tin foil hat conspiracy lunatic who knows nothing... See what I'm getting at here?

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2013, 09:49:30 AM »

I know you think you're being extremely clever Tom, but you're once again showing yourself to be an embarrassment to FES, Zeteticism, and reasonable people everywhere.

The fact that you think those websites anything to do with this discussion just show you know nothing about the World Clock and how it works.

I've seen the sunset and sunrise times on the weather report for years, and while I don't diligently check them, I have never heard anyone complain that they are hours off, or off at all.

So yes, the burden is on you to show that the World Clock system is wrong when the only argument you have is that you think it might be wrong.

I have never heard that the predictions on that fortune telling flash app I linked to were wrong. Therefore the fortune telling app should be considered 100% correct, right?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 09:55:44 AM by Tom Bishop »

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2013, 09:53:02 AM »
I have seen accurate predictions made by this site. Have you seen otherwise?
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2013, 09:56:34 AM »
tom can you please provide an account of a accurate prediction from the death clock website please?

?

Shmeggley

• Eppur si muove!
« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2013, 10:06:55 AM »

I have never heard that the predictions on that fortune telling flash app I linked to were wrong. Therefore the fortune telling app should be considered 100% correct, right?

Tom, no one in their right mind expects the fortune teller site to be accurate.

Wait, do you think the fortune teller site is supposed to be real?!
Giess what? I am a tin foil hat conspiracy lunatic who knows nothing... See what I'm getting at here?

« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2013, 10:11:06 AM »
says a lot about tom really lol. the fact he has to use fortune tellers websites as evidence is hysterical. tom, have you found a account of the death clock being accurate yet?

?

Shmeggley

• Eppur si muove!
« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2013, 10:11:32 AM »
I have seen accurate predictions made by this site. Have you seen otherwise?

Do you mean the death clock? I could actually see this one being accurate to some extent. I suppose it's based on actuarial tables, so it should be.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2013, 10:29:52 AM »
Tom, instead of drawing meaningless comparisons between these things, you should get real Zetetic for a week and see how accurate the World Clock is.

« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2013, 10:39:20 AM »
Yes Tom I'd like to see you being Zetetic for once but I don't think I can wait for another week to see that :)
I think, therefore I am

« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2013, 11:41:43 AM »

No-one here has claimed fortune telling to be accurate. Prediction of sun's setting and rising has already been proven accurate. You claim otherwise. So yes, it is your burden to prove it wrong. And, for once, it's easy, won't require any equipment that you wouldn't already have and will cost mere pennies - just make those phone calls.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2013, 12:00:46 PM »
No-one here has claimed fortune telling to be accurate. Prediction of sun's setting and rising has already been proven accurate.

Who proved the world clock accurate?  ???

« Reply #57 on: April 22, 2013, 12:03:55 PM »
everyone that uses it? ??? including me. have you found a reference to the death clock being accurate yet tom?

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2013, 12:51:26 PM »
I do this for a living in the Navy. We use the SLAP (Solar Lunar Almanac Prediction System). I know it works because I get requests from pilots for this information and they rely on the data I provide. It is accurate.

« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2013, 01:07:20 PM »
Why not just confirm it yourself, Tom, it's not at all difficult. I realize this might collide with your worldview but that's just how things are - we DO know when the sun sets and rises.