Werewolf X - Players Only

• 193 Replies

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
Re: Werewolf X - Players Only
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2013, 08:23:59 PM »
Whoa, that first round went way too fast.  Announce that it's day at 6:42am and announce the result of the vote at 4:38pm on the same day?  No no no.  Please do this right Dave.  I didn't even see that we were voting until it was too late for me to vote.  Actually, you didn't even wait 24 hours between starting the thread and announcing the results of the first vote.

There only being one wolf left this early kind of takes some of the fun out of it.  :(

He did say in the OP that it's day, and he did say that rounds end at 4:30.

I'll give you the second point.  As to the first point, it looks like he edited the OP to say that it's day a minute before the post later in the thread that he pointed it out in.  I'm pretty sure that we usually start a game on night rather than day; there always seems to be a waiting period before the start of the game and the start of the first vote.  And obviously I'm not the only one who was confused about this, as nobody voted until Dave said to vote at 6:42 this morning (EDT).
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

?

Blanko

• Terrorist
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2013, 08:30:08 PM »
People usually don't want to cast the first vote too early unless Dann or Thork is playing. I'm pretty sure the OP said it's day before the second post, I just didn't want to vote yet.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2013, 12:22:41 AM »
Rushy was protecting Pongo, kinda, so maybe him next?

This seems true, but at least we can say with some confidence that Blanko isn't a wolf. Let's hope that doesn't make you an obvious wolf-target.

?

Blanko

• Terrorist
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2013, 12:33:20 AM »
Yeah, let's hope you don't end up killing me now that you've said that.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2013, 12:36:08 AM »
Indeed.

Lorddave

« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2013, 02:53:18 AM »
Whoa, that first round went way too fast.  Announce that it's day at 6:42am and announce the result of the vote at 4:38pm on the same day?  No no no.  Please do this right Dave.  I didn't even see that we were voting until it was too late for me to vote.  Actually, you didn't even wait 24 hours between starting the thread and announcing the results of the first vote.

There only being one wolf left this early kind of takes some of the fun out of it.  :(

He did say in the OP that it's day, and he did say that rounds end at 4:30.

I'll give you the second point.  As to the first point, it looks like he edited the OP to say that it's day a minute before the post later in the thread that he pointed it out in.  I'm pretty sure that we usually start a game on night rather than day; there always seems to be a waiting period before the start of the game and the start of the first vote.  And obviously I'm not the only one who was confused about this, as nobody voted until Dave said to vote at 6:42 this morning (EDT).

The OP has always said it was day. My edit was to correct a number mismatch that was noted by PizzaPlanet.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

?

Mr Pseudonym

• Official Member
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2013, 04:44:06 AM »
Gosh!! I go away for a day and this has not only started but people are dying!!

Post +1
(so I don't forget about this).
Why do we fall back to earth? Because our weight pushes us down, no laws, no gravity pulling us. It is the law of intelligence.

Rushy

« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2013, 07:14:18 AM »
Blanko is a wolf and I was just trying to throw you all off. Pongo is a kind and gentle villager who was incorrectly voted for. Burdenofproof is a kind and gentle villager as well.

?

Blanko

• Terrorist
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2013, 07:19:56 AM »
Wow.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2013, 08:36:14 AM »
Blanko is a wolf and I was just trying to throw you all off. Pongo is a kind and gentle villager who was incorrectly voted for. Burdenofproof is a kind and gentle villager as well.
What about me, Rushy?

Rushy

« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2013, 10:13:21 AM »
What about me, Rushy?

You're the village idiot.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2013, 10:20:13 AM »
What about me, Rushy?

You're the village idiot.
Yeah, yeah, but please reveal moar about your cohorts.

Lorddave

« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2013, 01:26:12 PM »
The Oracle Speaks

Jroa, the backstabbing.
Jroa the scheming.
Jroa the untrusting.

These are just many of the names Jroa has collected over the years.  He muttered them to himself as he walked out of Rushy's house.  With Rushy dead, the foreman position now goes to Jroa.  And although he is unloved by all, his legal trickery and backstabbing have allowed him to become second in command of the mine. 

He counted the gold pieces as he walked down the dark, snowy street.  The sound of metal clanging against metal echoed in the streets and drowned out the soft crunching of snow that the wolf created.  Jroa didn't even know he was being followed until he felt a warm breath on the back of his neck.  When he turned, he froze in fear, not even dropping the gold coins.

"Oh god... Please... don't kill me." Jroa pleaded "I'll help you.  I'll be your servant just let me live."

Jroa offered the gold to the wolf.

The wolf simply growled and in one quick motion, bit the hand that held the gold clean off Jroa's arm. 

Jroa screamed in pain as blood poured from his wound.  The wolf spit out the gold and hand, raised it's claws, and slashed Jroa across the face, creating massive gashes that dug deep into his skull and slit his throat.

Jroa went silent and the wolf ran away, knowing the rest of the village would be awake from the screaming.

Jroa is dead.
It is Day. 
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

EnigmaZV

« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2013, 02:09:03 PM »
Neat!
I don't know what you're implying, but you're probably wrong.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2013, 02:09:58 PM »
I vote to lynch Tausami(1)

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
  • Venerated Official of the High Zetetic Council
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2013, 03:35:24 PM »
I vote to lynch Tausami(1)

Why? I started a bandwagon to lynch the other wolf. Why would a wolf do that? This seems suspicious. I vote to lynch Pongo

Pongo (1)
Tausami (1)

rooster

« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2013, 03:43:13 PM »
Hmm, I vote to lynch Pongo too.

Pongo (2)
Tausami (1)

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2013, 06:15:17 PM »
Oh my god!  Pongo killed me.

I didn't see that comming.
 :'(

« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2013, 06:28:40 PM »
yea lynch pongo

Pongo (3)
Tausami (1)

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2013, 06:45:33 PM »
I don't think Pongo is a wolf.  Rushy clearly wants us to think that Pongo is a wolf, and I don't think he's quite smart enough to pull off a successful Serbian Jew double-bluff (please don't prove me wrong by falling into his trap and lynching Pongo).  Actually I doubt burdenofproof is a wolf too for exactly the same reason; the only difference being the way his name came completely out of left-field.  I don't want to vote for Tausami either, because he's obviously not a wolf since he did in fact get the bandwagon rolling that got Rushy lynched.  And I think we can rule out Blanko because it doesn't make any sense that Rushy would get a bandwagon going for him, given that there were only two wolves in this game to start with.

Other than that, I really don't have a clue.

So I vote to lynch Gayer (1)
Tausami (1)
Pongo (3)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 06:58:48 PM by Roundy the Truthinessist »

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2013, 06:53:37 PM »
But why would Pongo immediately vote for me? As you said, it's obviously not me. On the other hand, that almost seems too obvious, like it's a mistake the real wolf would never make. On the other other hand, maybe that's the point.

I dunno. My brain is fried from studying for midterms.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2013, 07:05:30 PM »
I don't know, maybe he hasn't put as much thought into it as I did.  Anyway, I think we can rule out Franklin too, since he was the first to vote for Rushy.  Surely Franklin isn't so stupid as to think that this could somehow give him an advantage.

« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2013, 07:18:09 PM »
yea maybe Roundy is the other wolf

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2013, 07:30:33 PM »
yea maybe Roundy is the other wolf

What would suggest that?  ???

« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2013, 07:42:19 PM »
Well pongo is (or was) most likely going to be lynched. but you say he is not the wolf because rushy is not smart. So when he gets lynched and it turns out he was not the wolf then maybe we should start trusting more in your reasoning.

?

spoon

• Flat Earth Editor
  • ho ho ho
« Reply #55 on: April 18, 2013, 07:48:34 PM »
I'm pretty sure Roundy called me stupid.

I vote to lynch Roundy (1)
gayer (1)
tausami (1)
Pongo (3)
I work nights are get the feeling of impennding doom for things most people take for granted.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #56 on: April 18, 2013, 07:49:13 PM »
Well pongo is (or was) most likely going to be lynched. but you say he is not the wolf because rushy is not smart. So when he gets lynched and it turns out he was not the wolf then maybe we should start trusting more in your reasoning.

That logic makes no sense at all. There's only one wolf left.

rooster

« Reply #57 on: April 18, 2013, 07:51:29 PM »
I'm voting for Pongo cause he was the first to vote (and voted wrongly) and never hopped on the Rushy train.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #58 on: April 18, 2013, 07:53:43 PM »
I don't know, maybe he hasn't put as much thought into it as I did.  Anyway, I think we can rule out Franklin too, since he was the first to vote for Rushy.  Surely Franklin isn't so stupid as to think that this could somehow give him an advantage.

It's true, I put zero thought into it. I'm phoning I this game pretty hard.

I vote to lynch Gayer (2)
Pongo (3)
Roundy (1)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 07:55:25 PM by Pongo »

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #59 on: April 18, 2013, 07:54:26 PM »
I'd say there's a 33% chance that Rushy is tricking us and a 66% chance that they're playing idiotically. Seems like decent odds to me.