My Trip To The Ice Wall

• 531 Replies
Re: My Trip To The Ice Wall
« Reply #390 on: February 07, 2007, 01:02:15 PM »
Quote from: "iknowearthisflat"

This looks like a photoshopped image to me.

Besides, you could have chosen to go up further in Russia or the north pole. Surely the entire border has not been guarded ? And by the look of it the guards appear to be wearing nice decorative military suits. And their rifles look kinda vintage. Nice way to guard the border in freezing cold.

The North Pole isn't part of the Ice Wall. Anyway, if you read the thread you'd know that it's a spoof on the RE'ers, so of course the pic has been photoshopped.
quote]The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane. ~ Twain[/quote]
Et tu, Bruté? ~ Shakespeare

« Reply #391 on: February 07, 2007, 01:05:35 PM »
Quote from: "Pipe Dreams"

This looks like a photoshopped image to me.

Besides, you could have chosen to go up further in Russia or the north pole. Surely the entire border has not been guarded ? And by the look of it the guards appear to be wearing nice decorative military suits. And their rifles look kinda vintage. Nice way to guard the border in freezing cold.

The North Pole isn't part of the Ice Wall. Anyway, if you read the thread you'd know that it's a spoof on the RE'ers, so of course the pic has been photoshopped.

Ok, wherever the edge is on the other side. Why not take an expedition to a different place. surely the whole front is not guarded by dressed up military men carrying vintage rifles ?

« Reply #392 on: February 07, 2007, 01:14:26 PM »
Ok, wherever the edge is on the other side. Why not take an expedition to a different place. surely the whole front is not guarded by dressed up military men carrying vintage rifles ?

More likely it's the penguins.
quote]The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane. ~ Twain[/quote]

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #393 on: February 07, 2007, 01:15:11 PM »

Most of it is guarded. Plus, if you read the story, I was invited on this trip by my friend, and it was a government-supported trip, otherwise I never would have been able to make it.

~D-Draw

« Reply #394 on: February 07, 2007, 01:20:15 PM »
Quote from: "DiegoDraw"
Most of it is guarded. Plus, if you read the story, I was invited on this trip by my friend, and it was a government-supported trip, otherwise I never would have been able to make it.

~D-Draw

Right, sorry. I forgot that point. It's been a while since I read the front of the thread.

?

kieran

My Trip To The Ice Wall
« Reply #395 on: February 16, 2007, 06:05:51 PM »
What i dont understand, from the points all you FE'RS are making, is that why would the goverment want to keep something like this secret?

We know very well that the goverment keep technology and such secret. But why keep such a stupid, worthless fact from everyone... if it was to be true.

Yes, youve maybe provided evidence (not to say.. Its all fake), but if anyone believed this it would by now be leaked half way accross the internet, and you would have the goverment onto you instantly.

I see why the goverment keep somethings secret... But Why keep such a minor piece of information back... Because they don't want to look stupid and wrong for originally believing it was round... Na.

My Trip To The Ice Wall
« Reply #396 on: February 16, 2007, 06:56:38 PM »
Alright, seeing how you are all very scientific, how is the atmosphere able to stay on the earth? Wouldn't just blow into space without the gravitational pull of the earth?

My Trip To The Ice Wall
« Reply #397 on: February 16, 2007, 07:00:22 PM »
I've actually been to the ice wall a few times, I took pictures of my travels here:

we took a secret passage that the government has not yet found.
I wish I was
where I was
when I was
wishing I was
here.

My Trip To The Ice Wall
« Reply #398 on: February 16, 2007, 07:07:40 PM »
I see so many leaks of this "ice wall" that if this was true the government would bribe you with so much money to STFU! Or they would kill you and take this site down. Or delete the posts. I'm sorry but this site is so fucken stupid!

My Trip To The Ice Wall
« Reply #399 on: February 16, 2007, 07:16:59 PM »
You know, the only reason they're making this ice wall trip stuff up is because they can't answer any of our questions anymore.

Their theory has a lot of holes, and to fill those holes they're telling tales of "I've been there, so I can believe it if I want to" stories. We all know the stories are fake, and they're pissed off how we're making them doubt their religion.

So they are on the brink of going insananity by making shit up to prove their point. I wonder how long they can keep this up.

My Trip To The Ice Wall
« Reply #400 on: February 16, 2007, 07:26:33 PM »
This shit is a religion?

My Trip To The Ice Wall
« Reply #401 on: February 16, 2007, 07:47:59 PM »
See, my theory is that the Earth is a Square. It rotates every 24 hours in 90 degree angles, in random directions. North America is on Side 1, Asia is on Side 2, Europe in Side 3, and then Australia on Side 4. Then, along the bottom and top are the South and North poles. Now, instead of an Ice Wall, in my theory there is a Fire wall in Central Africa. That is where all the dead people go in order to get into Hell, if they deserve it. They will then be reincarnated into an African child and be working 5 jobs a day.

So, yeah. Mine owns yours.

?

unionjack

« Reply #402 on: February 16, 2007, 07:54:09 PM »

Not meaning to flame but that looks way to jagged to be 'space at the edge of the world'

I mean that seriously looks photoshoped.

My Trip To The Ice Wall
« Reply #403 on: February 16, 2007, 07:58:28 PM »
Ugh...people are stupid. For future refererence, I'm refering to getting pissed over an argument, not the argument itself. Seriously, what does it bother you if some people believe the Earth is a different shape than you believe it is. If it was an argument with any actual rewards I would understand, but it isn't. It's a simple I'm righ and your wrong argument, and you're all sinking down to the level of 3 graders. Not only that, but making up random theories to mock the opposing side is worse than not saying anything at all. I f you have nothing better to do with your time than act childish, I sugest you go to YouTube where people have arguments over the stupidest things (no offence to YouTubers). Everyone views the world from a different perspective, a murderer is seen as a wrongdoer, but in his eyes it's society that's wrong. If you can't live with that simple fact you shouldn't be involved with any arguments of any kind.

Hector
quot;Metaphysics it is the science that studies a black cat, inside a dark room... that is not there"

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #404 on: February 16, 2007, 08:32:24 PM »
Quote from: "unionjack"
Not meaning to flame but that looks way to jagged to be 'space at the edge of the world'

So do pictures of the supposed "round Earth."

~D-Draw

« Reply #405 on: February 16, 2007, 08:46:59 PM »
Quote from: "unionjack"

So do pictures of the supposed "round Earth."

~D-Draw

Honestly, you are the most retarded person in the world.

That shit isn't Photoshoped, at all.

?

Jem

My Trip To The Ice Wall
« Reply #406 on: February 16, 2007, 08:59:33 PM »
I honestly just read the first post and a few other responses here and there, and all i have to say really is this seems like the product of a very creative and paranoid person with no concept of logic whatsoever. The last picture looked completely photoshopped, and if you've ever taken a flight anywhere and looked out the window and actually stopped and pondered it a second, you'd realize how round the earth logically HAS to be. I'm not sure if this thread was just a product of some guy's boredom or if someone out there honestly believes this crap (if so, probably an acid burn-out or just a straight-up looney).  I don't mean to be rude or attack your beliefs, but i kinda do at the same time, because it pains me to see anyone give credence to such an absurd and paranoid theory.

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #407 on: February 16, 2007, 09:20:52 PM »
Quote from: "LawlessPro"
Honestly, you are the most retarded person in the world.

That shit isn't Photoshoped, at all.

Why aren't there any stars in the background? Also the background has little to no aliasing, the day/night terminator is messed up and fuzzy, nighttime is not as dark as it should appear, and, for God's sakes, it looks like a physical map. There aren't any cities or anything; only greenland.

I hope you were kidding.

~D-Draw

« Reply #408 on: February 16, 2007, 09:45:17 PM »
Quote from: DiegoDraw
Quote from: "LawlessPro"

Why aren't there any stars in the background? Also the background has little to no aliasing, the day/night terminator is messed up and fuzzy, nighttime is not as dark as it should appear, and, for God's sakes, it looks like a physical map. There aren't any cities or anything; only greenland.

I hope you were kidding.

~D-Draw

I can photoshop the stars for you so that you will see them.

Honestly, will you take a scientific explanation as to why you cannot see the stars in the background ?

Do you expect the day/night terminator to be a straight line across the globe ? ROLF.

And do you expect to see cities on that picture ? ? Jesus !

Go back kid. And before anybody can even begin to argue with you about this picture, you need to tell us how qualified you are in understanding the arguments. what is your educational background ?  Are you a science/physics student ?

« Reply #409 on: February 16, 2007, 09:49:00 PM »

Thats shopped...
the lines are too clear cut for it to be real.

And whats the point in gaurding something where its return value is nothing whereas it costs billions of dollars to cover up?

Because the people will freak out?
people are to disconnected from the real world nowadays.
and if thats the reason they should have been straight with us from the beginning.

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #410 on: February 16, 2007, 09:58:38 PM »

Honestly, will you take a scientific explanation as to why you cannot see the stars in the background ?

Yep, but that's not why they're not in that picture.

Do you expect the day/night terminator to be a straight line across the globe ? ROLF.

No, but certainly more clearly defined than that picture. It's fuzzy.

No, but the land is also not solely green and brown as the picture suggests.

Go back kid.

Go back where?

And before anybody can even begin to argue with you about this picture, you need to tell us how qualified you are in understanding the arguments. what is your educational background ?  Are you a science/physics student ?

Nope, though I can't see what silly "educational qualifications" have to do with analyzing the faults in a fake picture. As a matter of fact, I don't even think that this picture is supposed to be entirely real (or taken as a sattelite image, etcetera). Where did you even get the picture anyways?

DiegoDrEDIT: Ah, here we are. Busted. You want to tell me that the other pictures on that site are not computer-generated as well, smart guy?

Moral of the story: Know where your pictures come from; don't just post random pictures that you think are sattelite pictures and display them as evidence.

~D-Draw

?

Christopher Columbo

• Mad l33t 80's show detective and famous explorer!
My Trip To The Ice Wall
« Reply #411 on: February 16, 2007, 10:06:00 PM »

I found this in my journeys across the 7 seas. Hope it settles your claims about the world isn't round now forgive me i must head off to solve another mystery!
sailed the earth all around it  even the round part and all with my trusty detective cloak

Quote from: unionjack
Holy shit its christopher columbo.
Quote from: Who and What?
COLUMBO IS THE SHIZNITTTTTT!!!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOOLOLOL

« Reply #412 on: February 16, 2007, 10:10:30 PM »

Yep, but that's not why they're not in that picture.

No, but certainly more clearly defined than that picture. It's fuzzy.

No, but the land is also not solely green and brown as the picture suggests.

Go back kid.

Go back where?

And before anybody can even begin to argue with you about this picture, you need to tell us how qualified you are in understanding the arguments. what is your educational background ?  Are you a science/physics student ?

Nope, though I can't see what silly "educational qualifications" have to do with analyzing the faults in a fake picture. As a matter of fact, I don't even think that this picture is supposed to be entirely real (or taken as a sattelite image, etcetera). Where did you even get the picture anyways?

~D-Draw

Let me ask you one more time. What is your educational background ?

It matters. It absolutely does. The people who claim the earth is round are scientists who have spent their lifetimes in scientific work. You cannot come from outside and disprove them simply by arguing like this without having a qualification in the same field .

Can you as a non-medical person disprove a doctor's diagnosis just on the basis of your  observations ? You would be a fool to argue with someone who's spent 10 years studying medicine and knows inside out what he's talking about.

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #413 on: February 16, 2007, 10:18:34 PM »
Let me ask you one more time. What is your educational background ?

It matters. It absolutely does. The people who claim the earth is round are scientists who have spent their lifetimes in scientific work. You cannot come from outside and disprove them simply by arguing like this without having a qualification in the same field .

Can you as a non-medical person disprove a doctor's diagnosis just on the basis of your  observations ? You would be a fool to argue with someone who's spent 10 years studying medicine and knows inside out what he's talking about.

I highly doubt someone in modern day has spent 10 years studying the fact that the Earth is round.
And so now you come out and claim that if someone has not had legally-recognized education in certain subjects that he cannot be more thoroughly educated in the given subject?

If you must know, I'm a sophomore in high school (which is at my grade-level). I've said this elsewhere; I was just going to make you be resourceful. Still, I find it hardly aside the point, and now you should say something such as, "You're younger than I am. That means I'm smarter than you," and commence with all of the theories on how independent research doesn't actually count if it's not recognized legally.

Plus, I was right in the end anyways. Where does that put you then?

~D-Draw

My Trip To The Ice Wall
« Reply #414 on: February 17, 2007, 04:39:19 PM »
Damn this site got a lot of traffic from digg.
Still full of fuckwits tho.

haha

My Trip To The Ice Wall
« Reply #415 on: February 17, 2007, 05:09:26 PM »

?

gRaViJa

My Trip To The Ice Wall
« Reply #416 on: February 19, 2007, 06:30:38 AM »
ROFLMAO!!

i just signed in here so i can laugh at you. so i will now.......

FWAHAHAHahaha, nOOb!

ok, lol, thx for the laugh  :lol:

Congrats.
« Reply #417 on: February 19, 2007, 06:43:46 AM »
You took a picture of night time.

?

wireeater

« Reply #418 on: February 19, 2007, 07:00:02 PM »
I hope you all enjoy this. After reading all of this non-sense I want in to my backyard, found some supplies and built me a rocket to prove once and all the earth is flat.

Take a look at the video I uploaded. I was clearly disapointed by the results of my trip to "space".

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=991ff_4207

?

wireeater

« Reply #419 on: February 19, 2007, 07:01:39 PM »
Just playing....

I actually work for the goverment and computer generated this video with all of the NASA funds.