My Trip To The Ice Wall

• 531 Replies
My Trip To The Ice Wall
« Reply #240 on: January 31, 2007, 10:13:45 AM »
Good lord people -

Diego is mocking the photographic nature of a round earth, and that all this thread is. He is arguing everything you ask him about, because it is hard to believe that people would actually think he went to the ice wall and took these pictures. I know he is going to come back, or some FE believer will come back and say "I/he was there" but seriously, come on... point proven.

Of course the picture of the guards is in Greece, and of course the picture of him looking into the "vastness" of space over the ice wall is fake - that's the point. You guys are going into great depths of trying to prove him wrong - all you are doing is making him laugh at you as he comes up with more and more ridiculous replies. Invisible gloves? Common people, even someone who believes in a flat earth doesn’t believe in invisibility -he wasn't there and none of this is real.

I will bring up 2 points though - you Diego (and sorry I can't directly quote you on this, but it is in here somewhere) said yourself that the validity of any picture cannot be verified. However, for example, that is a picture of Greek guards guarding the tomb of the unknown solider, so if you are going to try and represent something as obscure as the ice wall, don't use a picture that some people will recognize. It just makes you look like you are mocking a belief in your own theory.

That, and although you can call NASA a "government conspiracy" and say the photos are doctored or computer imaged (which, as a RE I can't argue with you, for I don't have the means to take one myself), you can't argue the ability for anyone to go outside with a camera, leave the shutter open, and view the stars circular motion throughout the night.

That is definitive evidence of a round earth, and is reproducible by EVERYONE. Yes, there are some fundamental flaws in the RE theory, and but there are MANY flaws in the FE theory, and you can't prove any existence of your claims.

You observe a flat earth with your eyes, this is true, but I don't observe giant turtles or elephants on this world (which is clearly stated in you FAQs, so if you are trying to prove the validity of you FAQs, don’t add things like this), so how can they hold up a flat earth? I observe ships slow disappearing over the horizon and not getting smaller and finally disappearing.

I think most FE'ers are very argumentative in nature and are trying to argue something that has no real validity. However, if your best argument is to disclaim technologically advanced pictures as conspiracy, your argument for a flat earth is weak at best. Just go outside tonight with your camera, leave your shutter open, and post an HONEST picture of your results.

And I know I may be a n00b with 1 post, but I have been reading this forum for over a week, and find it fascinating that people believe this – and that is not me poking fun at your beliefs, it is wanting to debate a topic.
 know the earth is round, but I like to argue things that can't be proved 100% as well.

My Trip To The Ice Wall
« Reply #241 on: January 31, 2007, 10:51:30 AM »
'scuse my butting in, but I woudln't bother TEIW???, don't try to make it a 'serious' thing!  I thought this forum was funny hilarious, indeed I PMSL when I got pointed this way by a link on another forum (nothing to do with FE, RE, or any sort of Earth btw), now I've noticed too much personal abuse not funny any longer:

SO LONG, folks.  Good luck with your FE theories!

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
My Trip To The Ice Wall
« Reply #242 on: January 31, 2007, 12:08:53 PM »
Quote from: "the_earth_is_what???"
Good lord people -

Diego is mocking the photographic nature of a round earth, and that all this thread is. He is arguing everything you ask him about, because it is hard to believe that people would actually think he went to the ice wall and took these pictures. I know he is going to come back, or some FE believer will come back and say "I/he was there" but seriously, come on... point proven.

Dur.

Of course the picture of the guards is in Greece, and of course the picture of him looking into the "vastness" of space over the ice wall is fake - that's the point. You guys are going into great depths of trying to prove him wrong - all you are doing is making him laugh at you as he comes up with more and more ridiculous replies. Invisible gloves? Common people, even someone who believes in a flat earth doesn’t believe in invisibility -he wasn't there and none of this is real.

But I did prove my point with all of it. The source of a picture being told by the "photographer" is not necessarily true. I can't prove that everything I say is in the picture is actually in the picture, but it's the same with any other picture.

I will bring up 2 points though - you Diego (and sorry I can't directly quote you on this, but it is in here somewhere) said yourself that the validity of any picture cannot be verified. However, for example, that is a picture of Greek guards guarding the tomb of the unknown solider, so if you are going to try and represent something as obscure as the ice wall, don't use a picture that some people will recognize. It just makes you look like you are mocking a belief in your own theory.

The idea was to use something people will recognize. It makes it funnier when people don't understand the point I was actually making.

That, and although you can call NASA a "government conspiracy" and say the photos are doctored or computer imaged (which, as a RE I can't argue with you, for I don't have the means to take one myself), you can't argue the ability for anyone to go outside with a camera, leave the shutter open, and view the stars circular motion throughout the night.

That's a completely different argument, and it's been debated before in many other threads by people most likely smarter than I.

You observe a flat earth with your eyes, this is true, but I don't observe giant turtles or elephants on this world (which is clearly stated in you FAQs, so if you are trying to prove the validity of you FAQs, don’t add things like this), so how can they hold up a flat earth? I observe ships slow disappearing over the horizon and not getting smaller and finally disappearing.

If you couldn't tell before, most FE'ers like joking and being sarcastic. It makes it all the funnier when idiots come in here and think they're right.

I think most FE'ers are very argumentative in nature and are trying to argue something that has no real validity. However, if your best argument is to disclaim technologically advanced pictures as conspiracy, your argument for a flat earth is weak at best. Just go outside tonight with your camera, leave your shutter open, and post an HONEST picture of your results.

Who said it was the best argument? This thread was first and foremost supposed to prevent newbies from coming in here and displaying numerous sattelite photographs and saying "ZOMG! THE EARF IS ROUND!!"

~D-Draw

My Trip To The Ice Wall
« Reply #243 on: January 31, 2007, 12:54:34 PM »
Again, please forgive me if there are other topics on this subject (I haven't been on the forums long and there are quite a large number of threads), but here is a topic I found about the shutter exposure picture:

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8820

And, the only response was - doctored photo. However, please try this yourself some time and look at the results. You might be amazed to find actual repeatible evidence that the earth is indeed a globe.

This is proof that both believers of RE and FE theory can reproduce... let me know how it turns out.

Everything else is just speculation for both sides of the theories. This is photographic evidence that you can't deny, and you can trust the source, because you will do it yourself.
 know the earth is round, but I like to argue things that can't be proved 100% as well.

My Trip To The Ice Wall
« Reply #244 on: January 31, 2007, 12:56:46 PM »
Quote from: "DiegoDraw"

Who said it was the best argument? This thread was first and foremost supposed to prevent newbies from coming in here and displaying numerous sattelite photographs and saying "ZOMG! THE EARF IS ROUND!!"

*not from a sattelite.

*experiment you can go out and perform it yourself.

*no FE answering for 2 days.

http://theflatearthsociety.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8820

LE: posted at the same time as the one above

My Trip To The Ice Wall
« Reply #245 on: January 31, 2007, 01:01:09 PM »
Didn't mean to generalize your theory saying the "government conspiracy" was the best argument for FE theroy, my appologies.

Since you seem to be an advid believer of FE, what do you believe is the strongest supporting evidence that the earth is flat? Get back to me when you can, thanks Diego.

My Trip To The Ice Wall
« Reply #246 on: January 31, 2007, 01:02:27 PM »

I think most FE'ers are very argumentative in nature and are trying to argue something that has no real validity.

NO SHIT!

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
My Trip To The Ice Wall
« Reply #247 on: January 31, 2007, 04:38:32 PM »
what do you believe is the strongest supporting evidence that the earth is flat?

Probably observation, and Rowbotham's book, Earth: Not a Globe (link can be found in the FAQ). Not to mention just the many flaws that are still present in the round Earth theory, though most round Earthers tend to believe that their theory is seamless.

But that's just me, and I will admit that I'm definitely not the strongest advocater for the flat Earth theory by any means.

~D-Draw

My Trip To The Ice Wall
« Reply #248 on: January 31, 2007, 10:18:25 PM »
what do you believe is the strongest supporting evidence that the earth is flat?

Probably observation, and Rowbotham's book, Earth: Not a Globe (link can be found in the FAQ). Not to mention just the many flaws that are still present in the round Earth theory, though most round Earthers tend to believe that their theory is seamless.

But that's just me, and I will admit that I'm definitely not the strongest advocater for the flat Earth theory by any means.

~D-Draw

you failed to answer this

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
My Trip To The Ice Wall
« Reply #249 on: January 31, 2007, 10:31:01 PM »
Quote from: "daniel_is_not_flat"
you failed to answer this

It's been discussed in many other threads. To be honest, I can't explain the effect myself, if it does actually happen (I've yet to try it for myself, actually), but it doesn't even belong in this thread, so I'm not going to discuss it here. There are plenty of other discussions on the effect, I assure you. Just do a search, and discuss it in the appropriate thread if you really want to.

~D-Draw

My Trip To The Ice Wall
« Reply #250 on: February 01, 2007, 05:34:35 AM »
i hope you don't mean this one http://theflatearthsociety.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6477&start=0

if you know more, please share.

EvilToothpaste

• The Reverse Engineer
My Trip To The Ice Wall
« Reply #251 on: February 01, 2007, 07:46:53 AM »
What's the deal with this lack of reading comprehension?  Reminds me of a humorous story:

Costas: That fumble was a serious misfortune for this team right now.  I hope they can get their momentum back.
Madden:  Yeah, and the grass is green!

My Trip To The Ice Wall
« Reply #252 on: February 01, 2007, 09:05:38 AM »
I don't believe the RE theory is seamless, but I do believe there is much more concrete supporting evidence than the FE theory. I only say this due to the shutter exposure experiment, but that is the last I will comment on this due to the fact it has been touched in many other threads.

Also, I find it humorous that the link to the book Earth: Not a Globe in your FAQs has a summary about how one of his followers lost a court battle against a RE'er - are the judges and the judicial system part of the conspiracy as well?

When I get the time I will begin to read the book so I can see where you are coming from though. I too am very inquisitive in nature (I do cancer research for a living) and I also like to debate, so before I tackle this, I was to understand both sides of the picture.

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
My Trip To The Ice Wall
« Reply #253 on: February 01, 2007, 11:04:16 AM »
I think the court thing was less to prove the conspiracy existed, but more to show how rooted the round Earth theory is in modern culture, and how nobody takes the flat Earth theory seriously.

~D-Draw

My Trip To The Ice Wall
« Reply #254 on: February 01, 2007, 12:58:26 PM »
This is true - no one really takes the notion that the earth is flat seriously.

This could be why (I did some quick research on the author of Earth: Not a Globe):

"The modern flat earth movement originated when an eccentric English inventor, Samuel Birley Rowbotham (1816-1884), based on his literal interpretation of certain biblical passages, published a 16-page pamphlet..." (source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_Earth_Society)

Interesting that you are saying one of the most precise supporting documents of the FE theory is based upon bible passages. And I know there have been other editions or the book since the pamphlet, but truth be told, the bible passages are the origin of his ideas.

That, and ancient philosophers believed in, based upon measurments and observations (with the majority of people also believing in) a round earth since the 2nd century, way before any governments where collecting money for space programs to cover up "conspiracies". No offense, but I would rather believe years of scientific data than the "literal interpretation of certian biblical passages" as a base for my argument.

My Trip To The Ice Wall
« Reply #255 on: February 01, 2007, 02:04:25 PM »
umm, last time i checked there werent green vines and trees in antarctica/"ice wall," check your data before you post pics like that next time...

?

Keytap

Microsoft Paint
« Reply #256 on: February 01, 2007, 02:53:22 PM »
Roflwaffle.

Take a look at the "space" in the "picture of space".  MS Paint much?

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
My Trip To The Ice Wall
« Reply #257 on: February 01, 2007, 04:06:25 PM »
How can you accuse me of falsifying a picture? And as I've said, the plants are fake, and are there to make the guards not feel so homesick and what not.

~D-DRaw

My Trip To The Ice Wall
« Reply #258 on: February 01, 2007, 04:09:37 PM »
Guys, read my previous post on page 17... this is exactly what he wants you to do.

However Diego, I am interested in hearing how you feel about that book you quoted as evidence starting as a 16 page pamphlet about literal bible interpretations.

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
My Trip To The Ice Wall
« Reply #259 on: February 01, 2007, 04:24:28 PM »
How can you accuse me of falsifying a picture? And as I've said, the plants are fake, and are there to make the guards not feel so homesick and what not.

~D-DRaw

Just as you accuse us of using falsified pictures.

My Trip To The Ice Wall
« Reply #260 on: February 01, 2007, 04:55:59 PM »
Quote from: "Hara Taiki"

~D-DRaw

Except this picture is much more obviously false. THere are 7 stars, that are the exact same white dot. In reality, there are many more stars than that, and they are of varying brightness and color.
It's quite remarkable really that both Israel and Palestine have no qualms about slaughtering the crap out of each other - but they are perfectly willing to work together jovially and hide a secret that wouldn't make much difference to the world. -rdethgy

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
My Trip To The Ice Wall
« Reply #261 on: February 01, 2007, 04:57:05 PM »
Thanks for telling an artist what he can already see.

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
My Trip To The Ice Wall
« Reply #262 on: February 01, 2007, 04:58:30 PM »
Quote from: "Hara Taiki"

Exactly. ;)

~D-Draw

My Trip To The Ice Wall
« Reply #263 on: February 01, 2007, 05:01:16 PM »
So, DiegoDraw, how did you make it to Antarctica? I am assuming you flew. Maybe you saw the Ice Wall along the way?

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
My Trip To The Ice Wall
« Reply #264 on: February 01, 2007, 05:02:44 PM »
Oh my god...

I suppose you didn't realize that Diego has even admitted that this was just a fake story to show that you cannot use pictures to argue something.

My Trip To The Ice Wall
« Reply #265 on: February 01, 2007, 05:03:49 PM »
1. I didn't feel like reading 18 pages of bullshit
2. He told me he went there in a PM

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
My Trip To The Ice Wall
« Reply #266 on: February 01, 2007, 05:04:37 PM »
:roll:

+1000 post

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
My Trip To The Ice Wall
« Reply #267 on: February 01, 2007, 06:09:02 PM »
Quote from: "RE_Believer"
So, DiegoDraw, how did you make it to Antarctica? I am assuming you flew. Maybe you saw the Ice Wall along the way?

Nope, I sailed to the edge of Antarctica. After that, I had to drive along the ice.

~D-Draw

My Trip To The Ice Wall
« Reply #268 on: February 01, 2007, 06:15:22 PM »
Guys, read my previous post on page 17... this is exactly what he wants you to do.

However Diego, I am interested in hearing how you feel about that book you quoted as evidence starting as a 16 page pamphlet about literal bible interpretations.

rofl squirt, you make life worth living... and when did u make an account tyler? ah well, yea, that last pic is definitely edited massively, if its even a real pic

Re: Microsoft Paint
« Reply #269 on: February 01, 2007, 06:18:36 PM »
Quote from: "Keytap"
Columbus sailed AROUND the Earth, people. Go learn yourselves a book.

not really lol... roses are red, violets are blue, im gonna fuck you with a rake. words to live by...