Amundsen-Scott South Pole Station

• 14 Replies
?

Scintific Method

• Trust, but verify.
Amundsen-Scott South Pole Station
« on: May 14, 2013, 02:19:47 AM »
The Amundsen-Scott South Pole Station is currently located within 100m of the South geographic pole. It has a year-round presence of staff and scientists, and observes 6 months of sunlight, and 6 months of darkness. It's primary access route is via McMurdo Station, although it could be accessed from almost any direction, and there are companies which operate tourist flights to the station during the summer. The coordinates of the station are typically given as simply 90° South.

I really can't see how this can exist on a flat earth, can you? And yet, there it is, for anyone to see and visit.
Quote from: jtelroy
...the FE'ers still found a way to deny it. Not with counter arguments. Not with proof of any kind. By simply denying it.

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt."

Re: Amundsen-Scott South Pole Station
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 10:20:13 AM »
this is why I prefer Willmores map having Antarctica a separate continent and the "egde" being much further away.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 10:44:52 AM »
this is why I prefer Willmores map having Antarctica a separate continent and the "egde" being much further away.

Too bad that map could not possibly reflect the real world.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

Junker

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 12:57:48 PM »
The map I posted yesterday tries to take into account the 90° South coordinate as well the 6 months of daylight/darkness (in the description).  I am not defending the veracity of the map, but thought it worthwhile to share.

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php/topic,58662.0.html#.UZKWF4LTW_8

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 02:18:24 PM »
Did this expedition find the hollow Earth and aliens like Sir Richard Byrd's did?  If no, then why are the aliens with tractor beams being so selective?  It makes one wonder.

?

Jingle Jangle

• I breathe therefore I am
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 04:03:15 PM »
The south pole station just proves that they have Ice Wall Clearance.  I imagine that no exact thickness of the ice wall was ever formally laid down.  They could have set up a false south pole and etc.  I do not doubt it.  I just say the Suez Canal and the Nile River with the additional experiments of Samuel Birley Rowbotham (parallax) say everything.  They are the only ways to make a world of conspiracy just possible...

?

Scintific Method

• Trust, but verify.
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2013, 04:32:52 PM »
The south pole station just proves that they have Ice Wall Clearance.  I imagine that no exact thickness of the ice wall was ever formally laid down.  They could have set up a false south pole and etc.  I do not doubt it.  I just say the Suez Canal and the Nile River with the additional experiments of Samuel Birley Rowbotham (parallax) say everything.  They are the only ways to make a world of conspiracy just possible...

So, where on the ice wall is the station, and why can it be reached by simply traveling South from any starting point you choose?
...the FE'ers still found a way to deny it. Not with counter arguments. Not with proof of any kind. By simply denying it.

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt."

?

Jingle Jangle

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2013, 07:41:35 AM »
You do not have the cash to undertake the journey yourself.  How can they all speak about how to get there.  There are multiple stations on the Ice Wall is pretty much how the conspiracy sounds. :'(

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2013, 07:44:07 AM »
You do not have the cash to undertake the journey yourself.  How can they all speak about how to get there.  There are multiple stations on the Ice Wall is pretty much how the conspiracy sounds. :'(

That is an idiotic explanation.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2013, 10:48:14 AM »

It's not an idiotic explanation....It is an FE explanation.....Which are quite often the same thing.
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

?

Thork

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2013, 05:02:04 PM »

It's not an idiotic explanation....It is an FE explanation.....Which are quite often the same thing.
I don't suppose you'd like to add to the debate as opposed to running a facile commentary alongside it? Please refrain from low-content posting in the upper forums.

?

Jingle Jangle

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2013, 10:57:17 AM »
You guys are saying I should not post at all.  In reality there are multiple ice stations along the perimeter.  And everyone is falling for it hook, line, and sinker.  But I wont drop any particular names though...

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2013, 11:32:03 AM »
You guys are saying I should not post at all.  In reality there are multiple ice stations along the perimeter.  And everyone is falling for it hook, line, and sinker.  But I wont drop any particular names though...

What you are saying is that no matter which south you proceed towards, as there are an infinite number of such places if the southern magnetic pole is spread around the rim of the disc, then there is always a station within 100 meters of that point. Sounds like there would have to be an infinite number of stations. This is why your statement is idiotic, it is pretty much I coherent.

?

Scintific Method

• Trust, but verify.
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2013, 11:38:35 AM »

They'd have to be staffed by clones for the conspiracy to be maintained: each staff member and each scientist working there would have to have a clone working at each station, otherwise someone would notice. And there'd have to be lots of stations too, because all you really need to do is head due South to get there. If you arrived at 90 South and there was no station, poof, conspiracy blown! Not sounding too realistic I'm afraid.

?

Jingle Jangle

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2013, 12:39:57 PM »

They'd have to be staffed by clones for the conspiracy to be maintained: each staff member and each scientist working there would have to have a clone working at each station, otherwise someone would notice. And there'd have to be lots of stations too, because all you really need to do is head due South to get there. If you arrived at 90 South and there was no station, poof, conspiracy blown! Not sounding too realistic I'm afraid.

Exactly, many clones are already present.  Remember Aldous Huxley, "A Brave New World.?"  Annuit Coecptis Novus Ordo Seclorum (announcing the coming of the new world order).  Its on the dollar bill.  Remember that please.  Keep this post private and privileged information please...