I know you guys must get this all the time but...

• 53 Replies

dysfunction

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2006, 03:15:44 PM »
Quote from: "phaseshifter"

There's nothing important at area 51 anyway.

Good, that's what we want you to think.

:wink:
the cake is a lie

« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2006, 04:40:57 PM »
True. 51 ain't what it used t'be.

Since everyone knows about the "Secret" Base @ Groom Lake; most of the really "Cool" Black Ops have ended or moved to "Extra Secret" Bases elsewhere.

The only significant reasons that the Aliens maintain it is tactical proximity to Nellis AFB and all the fun that money can buy, lease or rent by the hour in 24/7 Vegas, baby! And LA is under 15 minutes by zipship.

A group of them are also rumored to produce poor quality Elvis clones in one of the sub terranean labs.
 believe that; the Earth is flat until such time as I stand within the Space Station and personally see that it is a Globe.
or that the Earth is a sphere until such time as I stand upon the Icewall and personally see that it is a Flat Disk.

?

No

« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2006, 06:48:20 PM »
The reason that the Earth doesn't move towards its center of gravity is because it is all a conspiracy. Gravity is a conspiracy, physics are a conspiracy, science is a conspiracy. But remember kids, we still haven't found the motive!

« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2006, 02:15:58 PM »
Quote from: "Unimportant"
Quote from: "soggycrouton"
The longer you ignore the problem of the conspiracy and try and dismiss people who discuss it, the more of a douchebag you look like.

Actually, you're incorrect. All of the worthwhile members of this forum have grown to realize that the conspiracy discussion is useless, tired, and boring. The only people who want to keep discussing it are the REers who are incapable of coming up with any more creative and interesting criticisms of the FE model.

The conspiracy isn't a flaw in the FE model.

Also, you're making yourself look really juvenile with the insults.

Well that's just ridiculous. I insulted him because HE was being juvenile and disrespectful, so I merely reciprocated.

And just because you don't feel like talking about the problem of the conspiracy, doesn't mean it's not a flaw in the model. It just means you're tired of having no valid response whatsoever.

If there's something wrong with my argument, you should specify, instead of just saying "no, it's not a problem, I don't want to talk about it anymore". You have not demonstrated how this is the case.

« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2006, 02:21:51 PM »
You may take this to angry ranting, PM, or you may try to rethink that tired argument.

But please, stop the nonsense. We've been over this before.

If you have any actual response, you're welcome to say it. I have not seen a valid argument that explains how the conspiracy is NOT a weakness in your theory. But this "uncheck the BS box" stuff is ridiculous. And then you complain I'm ranting and being juvenile? What's wrong with you?

I'm very sorry you're tired of talking about this MAJOR flaw in your theory, but if you have an actual problem with my argument, you should state it instead of just calling it a "tired argument". That's pretty weak.

« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2006, 03:52:48 PM »
"He started It !"
"Did not."
"Did too."
Amazing maturity guys, I'm tellin Mom.

Almost all seem to miss the underlying pschology which maintains the Conspiracy Conspiracy or any other long standing worldview: humans are lazy;generally learn through consensus and adhere to that which is most convenient and/or easiest to conceive and believe. Very little of what we "know to be true" is personally,observationally verified; we accept consistant heresay and we have a tendency to invent info if we don't have even this indirect data.  

The efficacy of propaganda is inverse to the depth and range of ones thinking and research functions.

Creative Licence allows for an extreme range in possibility concerning the alleged power and scope of the Conspiracy Conspiracy. The range of probability is, admittedly, much smaller.

Remember: because a dead horse has not yet sprung back to life from repeated beatings; is not absolute proof that it may not do so in future. So, flail away.
 believe that; the Earth is flat until such time as I stand within the Space Station and personally see that it is a Globe.
or that the Earth is a sphere until such time as I stand upon the Icewall and personally see that it is a Flat Disk.

« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2006, 10:48:12 PM »
I didn't understand a lot of what you were saying, but I think I got some of it. You argue that we cannot know a lot of things for sure.

Yet this is a mark of inconsistency in the FE theory. They're willing to accept so much else without inconvrovertable proof, yet anything that hurts their theory must be demonstrated to them perfectly and proved beyond a doubt. They are much more stringent in their standards when it comes to this than anything else. An FEer is willing to accept that the horse will not come back to life, but not that the conspiracy is implausible. It's completely inconsistent.

And I apologize, I don't mean to be immature, it's just Mephisto never actually has anything to contribute that's valuable, then he makes fun of people for repeating questions, or tells them they're spouting BS and won't say why.

beast

« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2006, 05:41:14 AM »
Probably because none of the real members of this forum really care if the RE trolls become enlightened or not.  And when I say enlightened I don't mean decide that the Earth is flat, I mean realise why people with strong scientific and philosophical backgrounds would argue that the Earth is flat when they know it's round.  It's obvious that the concept is well beyond the grasp of any of the RE trolls and it's not worth the effort explaining it.  This site isn't about having other people tell you how the world is, it's about thinking for yourself.

You believe the world is round - tell me how I can go outside and prove that to myself without having to believe any evidence other than my own senses.

« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2006, 05:54:27 PM »
Quote from: "beast"
Probably because none of the real members of this forum really care if the RE trolls become enlightened or not.  And when I say enlightened I don't mean decide that the Earth is flat, I mean realise why people with strong scientific and philosophical backgrounds would argue that the Earth is flat when they know it's round.  It's obvious that the concept is well beyond the grasp of any of the RE trolls and it's not worth the effort explaining it.  This site isn't about having other people tell you how the world is, it's about thinking for yourself.

You believe the world is round - tell me how I can go outside and prove that to myself without having to believe any evidence other than my own senses.

But why is this neccessary? Why must you believe ONLY your own senses in this instance, and what other people say in other instances? You believe air exists. You take plenty of things about our bodies for granted. Yet a true FEer believes nothing unless demonstrated to their senses.

And it's not even about experiencing the earth's flatness with your senses. It's about the logical inconsistencies that are involved, and the sheer of absurdity that results inevitably from this theory.

beast

« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2006, 06:04:49 PM »
NOT THE POINT

« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2006, 10:24:35 PM »
Soggycrouton, Beast is.......special.

What you asked was perfectly legitimate and logical, but he answers with ,not the point ,written in caps. He wil often reply something that is completely random and doesn,t have the slightest relation with what you were telling him. I think he might be an authist.
atttttttup was right when he said joseph bloom is right, The Engineer is a douchebag.

« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2006, 10:30:05 PM »
NOT THE POINT

See, and then people wonder why I get frustrated and call people douchebags.

Do you see??

beast

« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2006, 03:53:11 AM »
Probably because none of the real members of this forum really care if the RE trolls become enlightened or not. And when I say enlightened I don't mean decide that the Earth is flat, I mean realise why people with strong scientific and philosophical backgrounds would argue that the Earth is flat when they know it's round. [/size] It's obvious that the concept is well beyond the grasp of any of the RE trolls and it's not worth the effort explaining it.  This site isn't about having other people tell you how the world is, it's about thinking for yourself.

« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2006, 04:00:22 AM »
I believe phaseshifter has a very strong point.

« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2006, 08:48:58 AM »
Probably because none of the real members of this forum really care if the RE trolls become enlightened or not. And when I say enlightened I don't mean decide that the Earth is flat, I mean realise why people with strong scientific and philosophical backgrounds would argue that the Earth is flat when they know it's round. [/size] It's obvious that the concept is well beyond the grasp of any of the RE trolls and it's not worth the effort explaining it.  This site isn't about having other people tell you how the world is, it's about thinking for yourself.

So why do you think I'm here? To enlighten people into the RE view? Not really. I'm also here to argue. And part of my argument is that the FE theory is ridiculous, if not completely possible to be disproved with the senses.

beast

« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2006, 08:57:58 AM »
I'm not saying that people are here to argue.  I'm saying that there is a specific reason why people would choose to argue for the FE side when they know that it's not true.  I really fail to see any point to argueing that the Earth is round.

« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2006, 09:27:16 AM »
I'm not saying that people are here to argue.  I'm saying that there is a specific reason why people would choose to argue for the FE side when they know that it's not true.  I really fail to see any point to argueing that the Earth is round.

To provide the FEers with formidable opponents?

Because it's amusing?

Because it's surprisingly difficult to prove something so fundamental?

beast

« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2006, 10:09:39 AM »
To provide the FEers with formidable opponents?

So you're here for the benifit of making the debate on the forum more enjoyable for the Flat Earthers?  That's very kind of you.

Because it's amusing?

Surely it is more amusing to argue something completely ridiculous infuriate those who take you seriously - as opposed to arguing something serious when people are opposing you with ludicrous arguements?

Because it's surprisingly difficult to prove something so fundamental?

It's not difficult at all.  I can think of at least one very easy experiement everybody on this forum could do which would easily prove that the flat Earth model presented on this forum is false and that the results fit the predictions made using the round Earth theory.  Actually I haven't tried the experiment in practice so theoretically it could prove that the current round Earth model is false - it would definitely prove that one is false.  As a dedicated flat Earther I'm not prepared to post it up but I'd be happy to pm it to you if you promise not to post it or tell anybody who would post it.  I think more likely the people who argue that the Earth is flat are just more intelligent than the people who argue that it is round (on average).  This of course goes back to my point about reasons why people would argue that the Earth is flat when they know that it is round.

« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2006, 01:21:55 PM »
It's not difficult at all. I can think of at least one very easy experiement everybody on this forum could do which would easily prove that the flat Earth model presented on this forum is false and that the results fit the predictions made using the round Earth theory.

Well, I didn't know that, and because of this, it actually is surprisingly difficult. And because it's difficult, it's fairly amusing. It should be SO easy to prove! Yet it's not.

But are you literally denying that ANYONE here thinks the earth is flat? If so, are you sure of this? Why is there the separate forum for them? If not, why don't you present this experiment to the real believers?

beast

« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2006, 06:54:47 PM »
I do indeed believe that there are no genuine FEers on this forum or on the internet.  I have no proof of this - I could be wrong.  I think it's obviously very different to be interested in a particular idea or concept and to actually believe it.  I love the book "American Psycho" - I can quote large parts of it.  I can tell you exactly what happens down to what people say in large parts of the book.  I could probably write a longer book about that book.  That doesn't mean I believe the book is true, or indeed that I agree with what the characters do in the book - that would be very far from the truth.  I still talk about Patrick Bateman like he's a real person and I still quote the book all the time.  It's the same with those "genuine" believers.  I think they're interested in the theory and in the culture of Flat Earthism but ultimately I would be fairly sure they know the Earth is round.  The thing I find most ironic and amusing about this forum is that the real "flat Earthists" in terms of the expression are the RE arguers.

« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2006, 08:50:01 PM »
Yes.
Simple Geometric Rendering can conclusively prove the shape of the earth.
 Yet, most REers choose complicated arguments, oftimes processed with and presented in an exceedingly simplistic or mis apprehended logic, which show little to no practical knowledge of complex topical data.

I "know" that the earth is probably a spheroid of stated dimensions.

But, it's fun to imagine "knowing" a possible, flat, disk-like, spot-lit earth of the stated dimensions (dementias?); w/  oddly expansive southern latitudes, an enigmatic, impenetrable, inaccessable, perimeter IceWall and an even more mysterious Underbelly.

And what's not to love about a grand, over-arching Conspiracy Conspiracy Theory to account for any possible data in contradiction of FE Canon or subsequent apocrypha?

I rather enjoy the "fact" that an ultra-secret, trans-temporal, para-governmental, sub-societal cabal is capable of utilizing such high-tech nuance as neural occultation, yet, still relies mostly on the tried and true "authoritative statement" and "word o' mouth" styles of propaganda propagation, progression and maintenence; showing maximum disbursal and consensus complience w/ minimal "need to know" pesonnel required "in the loop."

Well, it's time for Guard duty; maybe I'll bag a RE noob sneaking across the frozen wastes and post the trophy pix as proof that they exist outside of this site.

« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2006, 10:35:26 AM »
Quote from: "Dogplatter"
They make a ton of money from the fake space program, that's why.

Dogplatter wrote:

Penguins were actually created in the 1960's by Russian scientists who combined the DNA of otters and birds.
quote="Dogplatter"]
Penguins were actually created in the 1960's by Russian scientists who combined the DNA of otters and birds.  [/quote]

LOL

« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2006, 02:47:57 PM »
Quote from: "Yardstick2006"

Dogplatter wrote:

Penguins were actually created in the 1960's by Russian scientists who combined the DNA of otters and birds.

YStick, it seems that your generic response to any point made by Dogplatter is to quote his statement about penguins. Maybe you should post something substantial, for once.
 believe the Earth is round.
That doesn't mean the Earth is round.

"If you're going to yell at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" --Homer Simpson

« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2006, 03:40:03 PM »
Quote from: "holybrain"
Quote from: "Yardstick2006"

Dogplatter wrote:

YStick, it seems that your generic response to any point made by Dogplatter is to quote his statement about penguins. Maybe you should post something substantial, for once.

Well, that is a pretty funny quote.