Breaking news: Satellites do exist !!!

• 403 Replies
Re: Breaking news: Satellites do exist !!!
« Reply #330 on: August 30, 2013, 03:19:03 AM »
Thanks Art, I personally didn't know that there was such a special satellite for amateur radio. I also read that this was the work of a group of amateur volunteers around the world. It's amazing what they can achieve with so little.

I am still waiting for the so called FE believers to give a plausible answer to my simple question.

As a side note, I have edited the OP to explain about sceptimatic's deletion spree.
I think, therefore I am

?

Art

« Reply #331 on: August 30, 2013, 06:41:14 AM »
Maybe someone got converted!!
or more likely, might have realised it's not worth the debate.
RET:0 - FET:0

« Reply #332 on: August 30, 2013, 06:46:01 AM »
They cannot debate it and don't want to look silly in front of their fellows  :P
I think, therefore I am

« Reply #333 on: March 28, 2016, 08:18:05 PM »
This is an old thread but since nobody tried to clear it up, why not?

First of all, I'm not a "flat earther"... on the other hand I'm not a "round earther" either. Fact is, I don't know what to believe at this point. All I know for sure is that something is seriously amiss and people are caching on to it fast. I can't give you a definitive answer on WHERE satellite dishes are getting all of their signals from... but I'm fairly certain it's not from satellites. Rather than write a novel about it, watch this:

" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

In a nutshell, the thermosphere (the area of the atmosphere where satellites supposedly orbit) is between 600c=2000c... hot enough to melt virtually every single piece of a satellite. No satellite in orbit could exist in there thermosphere. Not one. This is a scientific fact, not an opinion.

Why is it so hard to get a "satellite" signal in the middle of a place like Northern Nevada or Montana (which is hundreds of miles away from the closest tower)? Why would a signal coming STRAIGHT from a satellite be crystal clear in say L.A. but be not existent in ONLY places hundreds of miles away from the nearest towers?

Why is a "Satellite Phone" just a regular cell phone with a BIG ass antenna on it?

As far as WHERE the signal is coming from? Here are a few theories:

Blimps, like the ones used for "Google Loon". http://www.google.com/loon/ are used in some remote areas to boost signals.

Maybe satellites are receiving signals bounced off the inside of the dome or maybe there are transmitters built into the dome itself?

At any rate, ALL of the signals ARE of course coming from land based towers. Where some of the signal boosters are located... varies.

So there are a few "theories". Now at least someone gave one. Can I prove these theories to be true? Nope. But what I can prove is that satellites will melt like wax in the blast furnace known as the thermosphere...

For more information about why satellites sure as hell don't exist, check out this link:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=satellites+don%27t+exist

I couldn't go on and on giving explanations on why satellites DON'T exist, it's much harder to prove they DO exist.

?

palmerito0

• Why does this forum exist?
« Reply #334 on: March 28, 2016, 08:42:24 PM »

Just start a new thread and refer back to this one instead of reviving a 3 year-old thread.
Heiwa on the impossibility of space travel:

There are no toilets up there and sex is also a problem, just to mention a few difficulties.

WHEEEEEEEEEEE

« Reply #335 on: March 29, 2016, 12:57:30 AM »
This is an old thread but since nobody tried to clear it up, why not?

First of all, I'm not a "flat earther"... on the other hand I'm not a "round earther" either. Fact is, I don't know what to believe at this point. All I know for sure is that something is seriously amiss and people are caching on to it fast. I can't give you a definitive answer on WHERE satellite dishes are getting all of their signals from... but I'm fairly certain it's not from satellites. Rather than write a novel about it, watch this:

" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

In a nutshell, the thermosphere (the area of the atmosphere where satellites supposedly orbit) is between 600c=2000c... hot enough to melt virtually every single piece of a satellite. No satellite in orbit could exist in there thermosphere. Not one. This is a scientific fact, not an opinion.

Why is it so hard to get a "satellite" signal in the middle of a place like Northern Nevada or Montana (which is hundreds of miles away from the closest tower)? Why would a signal coming STRAIGHT from a satellite be crystal clear in say L.A. but be not existent in ONLY places hundreds of miles away from the nearest towers?

Why is a "Satellite Phone" just a regular cell phone with a BIG ass antenna on it?

As far as WHERE the signal is coming from? Here are a few theories:

Blimps, like the ones used for "Google Loon". http://www.google.com/loon/ are used in some remote areas to boost signals.

Maybe satellites are receiving signals bounced off the inside of the dome or maybe there are transmitters built into the dome itself?

At any rate, ALL of the signals ARE of course coming from land based towers. Where some of the signal boosters are located... varies.

So there are a few "theories". Now at least someone gave one. Can I prove these theories to be true? Nope. But what I can prove is that satellites will melt like wax in the blast furnace known as the thermosphere...

For more information about why satellites sure as hell don't exist, check out this link:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=satellites+don%27t+exist

I couldn't go on and on giving explanations on why satellites DON'T exist, it's much harder to prove they DO exist.

Ah yes, you are "clearly" not a FE'er. Sure. Uh, hey buddy, what "dome" are you talking about anyhow?! The one covering the flat earth maybe? Before you spout such drivel try disproving the existence of satellites instead of conjecturing about subject matter (astrophysics) which you clearly have no clue about.

?

frenat

« Reply #336 on: March 29, 2016, 05:37:52 AM »
Difference between heat and temperature.  While the few particles there do have that high a temperature, since they are so few and far between there is not a lot of heat so they don't transfer it well.

so hard according to who? 

So you've pulled one apart and analyzed at all the components?

« Reply #337 on: April 03, 2016, 01:36:55 AM »
I have to think that Satelites DO EXIST!

Just as the sun and the moon along with other planets exist under the firmament dome and are in an orbit over our head, I believe there is an area that is satelite friendly for both orbiting type satelites and also stationary satelites.   Watching the stars of a night has shown me a number of times a passing satelite overhead.

When I was travelling around Australia, I used to have a small portable, satelite dish that I would have to setup each day after we finished travelling for the day.  This dish had to be setup very precisely or else you couldn't pick up the Foxtel satelite signal.  As we moved further away from the equator I noticed I had to move the dish a slight bit more to just off the original 6 degrees off North I started with when I first bought the dish in Darwin, Australia.  By the time we were down the east coast of Australia, the dish had to be setup at 9 or 10 degrees off north.  So this proved to me that the line between the satelite and our current location on earth was at a different angle.

Logic dictates that if a dish must be pointing to an exact point in the sky to receive a signal, that object MUST be fixed!  If the earth was spinning which we know it's not there would be continuous problems with signal dropping out as a travelling satellite would have to be spinning at the EXACT same speed of the earth.

I have read arguments that state that the heat would be so severe that no satelite could possible exist, but how does one explain the higher we travel by air, the colder it gets outside.  I have done pilot training and have been on many flights where are temperature outside is well into -40 celcius!......There MUST be a section just below the firmament that will cause no harm to satelites.  "As above, so is below"!  Our oceans have these areas that are very warm and very cold.  They are varying levels of temperature!   Here is the Wiki meaning of THERMOCLINE!  "A thermocline (sometimes metalimnion in lakes) is a thin but distinct layer in a large body of fluid (e.g. water, such as an ocean or lake, or air, such as an atmosphere) in which temperature changes more rapidly with depth than it does in the layers above or below."

« Reply #338 on: April 03, 2016, 01:50:41 AM »
wow, this is one mean forum board.  I have never seen a board you can't see the latest posts.  Can someone please share the secret of how to read most recent posts first.  :)

Sir Richard

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #339 on: April 06, 2016, 02:27:36 PM »

Just as the sun and the moon along with other planets exist under the firmament dome and are in an orbit over our head, I believe there is an area that is satelite friendly for both orbiting type satelites and also stationary satelites.   Watching the stars of a night has shown me a number of times a passing satelite overhead.

When I was travelling around Australia, I used to have a small portable, satelite dish that I would have to setup each day after we finished travelling for the day.  This dish had to be setup very precisely or else you couldn't pick up the Foxtel satelite signal.  As we moved further away from the equator I noticed I had to move the dish a slight bit more to just off the original 6 degrees off North I started with when I first bought the dish in Darwin, Australia.  By the time we were down the east coast of Australia, the dish had to be setup at 9 or 10 degrees off north.  So this proved to me that the line between the satelite and our current location on earth was at a different angle.

Logic dictates that if a dish must be pointing to an exact point in the sky to receive a signal, that object MUST be fixed!  If the earth was spinning which we know it's not there would be continuous problems with signal dropping out as a travelling satellite would have to be spinning at the EXACT same speed of the earth.

I have read arguments that state that the heat would be so severe that no satelite could possible exist, but how does one explain the higher we travel by air, the colder it gets outside.  I have done pilot training and have been on many flights where are temperature outside is well into -40 celcius!......There MUST be a section just below the firmament that will cause no harm to satelites.  "As above, so is below"!  Our oceans have these areas that are very warm and very cold.  They are varying levels of temperature!   Here is the Wiki meaning of THERMOCLINE!  "A thermocline (sometimes metalimnion in lakes) is a thin but distinct layer in a large body of fluid (e.g. water, such as an ocean or lake, or air, such as an atmosphere) in which temperature changes more rapidly with depth than it does in the layers above or below."
Satellite do exist my friend. Those that are launched into position (lower altitude) below the aetherial whirlpool are stationary. Those that are delivered at a sufficient altitude that they interact with the Whirlpool are moved about in their orbits.
The reason we see such diverse paths on earth, vs the very simple paths in the celestial sphere, for satellites is a very simple one. The terrestrial plane occupier a non Euclidean space whilst the Celestial Sphere is Euclidean. Thus when we trace a path in the Euclidean Geometry (the Celestial Sphere)  and map it on a Non Euclidian Surface (the Terrestrial Plane) we see strange paths, apparently.

The Aether holds up the satellites, just as it holds natural Celestial Bodies.
"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?"  J Stalin

"It is not the people that vote that count it is the people that count the votes" J Stalin

Blue_Moon

• Defender of NASA
« Reply #340 on: April 07, 2016, 02:59:50 PM »

Satellite do exist my friend. Those that are launched into position (lower altitude) below the aetherial whirlpool are stationary. Those that are delivered at a sufficient altitude that they interact with the Whirlpool are moved about in their orbits.
The reason we see such diverse paths on earth, vs the very simple paths in the celestial sphere, for satellites is a very simple one. The terrestrial plane occupier a non Euclidean space whilst the Celestial Sphere is Euclidean. Thus when we trace a path in the Euclidean Geometry (the Celestial Sphere)  and map it on a Non Euclidian Surface (the Terrestrial Plane) we see strange paths, apparently.

The Aether holds up the satellites, just as it holds natural Celestial Bodies.
If that's true, then why do orbital launchers need to spend so much fuel going horizontally, if aether is just going to carry it around?  Why do sub-orbital sounding rockets, which make it up to 1500 km(!), not get swept up in it? 
Aerospace Engineering Student
NASA Enthusiast
Round Earth Advocate
More qualified to speak for NASA than you are to speak against them

« Reply #341 on: April 08, 2016, 09:15:23 AM »
Dang, this is still going on. I took a long enough break from this web site. Everything they say is so magical... as always. It seems to me that it is so magical that it is insane.

?

Earthdude

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #342 on: April 12, 2016, 12:58:40 PM »
There are no photos or videos of satellites on the internet. It's a mystery. Also no clear images of Halley's comet!

I think the lack of clear video/photo evidence is a reason to doubt the existence of orbiting satellites. There's also the big question of the heat of the sun causing damage to a satellite. The temp of the Sun is vastly higher outside our breathable atmosphere  This is also one of the reasons why people believe the Moon landings were not possible. The Moon is reported to have extreme hot and cold temperature depending on the Sun's proximity.

?

palmerito0

• Why does this forum exist?
« Reply #343 on: April 12, 2016, 03:17:09 PM »
There are no photos or videos of satellites on the internet. It's a mystery. Also no clear images of Halley's comet!

I think the lack of clear video/photo evidence is a reason to doubt the existence of orbiting satellites. There's also the big question of the heat of the sun causing damage to a satellite. The temp of the Sun is vastly higher outside our breathable atmosphere  This is also one of the reasons why people believe the Moon landings were not possible. The Moon is reported to have extreme hot and cold temperature depending on the Sun's proximity.

It's hard to take pictures of satellites because they are quite small and move relatively fast.

However, you can google "amateur astronomer ISS" to see footage of the ISS from a telescope.

You can also find livestreams from the ISS and several other satellites.
Heiwa on the impossibility of space travel:

There are no toilets up there and sex is also a problem, just to mention a few difficulties.

WHEEEEEEEEEEE

?

Jadyyn

« Reply #344 on: April 12, 2016, 04:05:31 PM »

Actually, there are pictures of satellites. Here is a picture, not only of the ISS, but it against the Sun. We can determine its altitude based on its size:(http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=65080.msg1736930#msg1736930)

Furthermore, there are pictures of geosynchronous satellites that are stationary in the sky (like those for Dish TV). Without tracking the sky, they appear as dots with the stars streaking. You can take these types of pictures with a zoom camera and a tripod.

(http://www.galaxyzooforum.org/index.php?topic=278575.0)

Regular satellites that are circling the Earth are much harder to photograph. They go around the world <2 hrs (meaning from one end of the horizon to the other in <1 hr). They are very small, the size of a car. At best, they would just be streaks in the sky. To take a picture of one, you would need tracking software that can follow them, very quickly and "perfectly" so they don't smudge, across the sky. The higher the magnification, the faster they go across the photographic plane. Also, most probably don't have much in the way of features other than solar panels.

That is why pictures against the Sun or Moon are good, because exposures are on the order of 1/1000ths of a sec even filtering the Sun light.
“If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.” W.C. Fields.
"The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence."

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
« Reply #345 on: April 14, 2016, 05:26:01 AM »
The title is invalid. There are only antennas here.

It must be "Breaking news: Antennas do exist !!!"
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

?

Earthdude

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #346 on: April 14, 2016, 05:42:58 AM »
Lots of things that seem impossible/unlikely can be true. Every day of our lives millions of radio waves are going through the atmosphere - mobile cell phones, tv, radio, broadband! It's amazing we don't die of electromagnetic radiation!

The idea of satellite tv sounds possible.

Send a radio signal to a satellite dish in space, bounce it back to another spot on Earth. Seems a credible idea but who knows, perhaps the temp in space, and just keeping the satellites in orbit would seem problematic. It's similar to the notion of the Moon landings. It sounds doable in theory; send a rocket to the Moon and then you got the temp in space, the Van Allen belts. But like the Moon landings, it might be easier to fake satellite broadcast and fool the world. When you turn on sat tv, how the heck do you know where the signal is from? I dunno! Probably from some land transmitter.  ;D
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 05:44:55 AM by Earthdude »

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #347 on: April 14, 2016, 05:50:53 AM »
Lots of things that seem impossible/unlikely can be true. Every day of our lives millions of radio waves are going through the atmosphere - mobile cell phones, tv, radio, broadband! It's amazing we don't die of electromagnetic radiation!

The idea of satellite tv sounds possible.

Send a radio signal to a satellite dish in space, bounce it back to another spot on Earth. Seems a credible idea but who knows, perhaps the temp in space, and just keeping the satellites in orbit would seem problematic. It's similar to the notion of the Moon landings. It sounds doable in theory; send a rocket to the Moon and then you got the temp in space, the Van Allen belts. But like the Moon landings, it might be easier to fake satellite broadcast and fool the world. When you turn on sat tv, how the heck do you know where the signal is from? I dunno! Probably from some land transmitter.  ;D
Sounds like "I don't know how to do it, so it can't be done!"
There are lots of people out there that know an awful lot more and can do an awful lot more than you and me!

By the way, just how did they map those " Van Allen belts"? Rockets and satellites of course!
Ever read how the Apollo missions avoided most of the Van Allen belts, and were monitored for and shielded from the radiation.

Yes, it's all written up and carefully explained.

?

Earthdude

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #348 on: April 15, 2016, 04:35:34 PM »
I've just Facebooked Tim Peake. He's supposed to be on the International Space Station:

Mr Peake, I don't believe you are in space. There are numerous Youtube ISS videos which show fakery, including water bubbles, cut scenes which switch between underwater sets of the ISS and then to dry sets. I believe you are a paid stooge for NASA and like the moon and Mars Rover footage, you are faking the International Space Station. I am happy to challenge you on this if you reply. For example, there is no video evidence of any satellites in space. No live feed of ISS has shown any satellites in orbit around the Earth. Please show me - in real time - a nearby satellite close to ISS orbit and I will believe you are in space

His last post was 2 hours ago. Be interesting if he replies. Probably won't!

I didn't know you could get internet access in Earth's orbit!  ;D Perhaps you can!

« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 04:37:14 PM by Earthdude »

?

frenat

« Reply #349 on: April 15, 2016, 04:42:06 PM »
Why would you think it should be easy to see satellites from the ISS?  the total area where all the satellites are is many, many times the size of the surface of the Earth.  They specifically put them in orbits so they WON'T intersect. 

?

Earthdude

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #350 on: April 15, 2016, 04:54:37 PM »
My gut feeling is the satellite question - do they exist? - is the key to unlock the flat Earth mystery. If satellites don't exist in space there's a huge world conspiracy cover-up and then everything else may be a cover-up too. No space missions, no Moon landings, only limited space flights into low orbit Earth atmosphere. If there is a way to prove satellites don't exist then the rest of the conspiracy/cover up falls down.

The lack of any discernible internet video footage of satellites would suggest they don't exist - or perhaps they exist at a prototype level but NASA and other companies realized they didn't have the technology to keep them up in space without heat damage from the sun or orbital decay. The project was ditched and the dishes were adapted to receive land signals?

I don't know if the ISS is in similar orbit to the "1,100 active satellites*" alleged to be above Earth (*Google source) but if there are over 1000 of these things up there you would think the ISS is the best means to capture video footage and prove once and for all they exist!

?

frenat

« Reply #351 on: April 15, 2016, 05:03:10 PM »
there is no discernible video footage because they are small and fast.  The ISS is only in a marginally better position to see them but again only marginally.  And they have better things to do with their time.

You can prove for yourself they exist.  Multiple sites can show you times to observe light reflections off of satellites.  Others can give you the frequencies to track the radio signals from the satellites themselves.  With directional antennas, what else would you be receiving from?

?

Jadyyn

« Reply #352 on: April 16, 2016, 08:56:49 AM »
My gut feeling is the satellite question - do they exist? - is the key to unlock the flat Earth mystery. If satellites don't exist in space there's a huge world conspiracy cover-up and then everything else may be a cover-up too. No space missions, no Moon landings, only limited space flights into low orbit Earth atmosphere. If there is a way to prove satellites don't exist then the rest of the conspiracy/cover up falls down.

The lack of any discernible internet video footage of satellites would suggest they don't exist - or perhaps they exist at a prototype level but NASA and other companies realized they didn't have the technology to keep them up in space without heat damage from the sun or orbital decay. The project was ditched and the dishes were adapted to receive land signals?

I don't know if the ISS is in similar orbit to the "1,100 active satellites*" alleged to be above Earth (*Google source) but if there are over 1000 of these things up there you would think the ISS is the best means to capture video footage and prove once and for all they exist!
1) Satellites are VERY small - the size of a car. 1000 in an area several times the surface of the Earth is a VERY VERY small number. Per Wiki, surface area of Earth is 196,940,000 sq. mi. That means 1 satellite per 200,000 sq. mi. IF the orbital height of these is 2x this area, you are looking at some 400,000 sq. mi (1 million sq. km) PER SATELLITE. This is equivalent of the surface areas of Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska and Kansas (or Norway, Sweden, Finland) combined.

Now let's say there is 1 deer somewhere in this area. You are ALONE somewhere in this area. WHY can't you take a picture of it? That PROVES there are no deer in the world! *I* won't believe in deer until YOU take a picture of it (until then, deer are just hunters BSing). This especially, if you are not trying to take a picture of it (you might miss it even if it is near) - no sleeping for you! Hop to it.

If the ISS (that FEers don't even believe in) DID take a picture of a satellite (a dot in space), would FEers believe it? Why would they even attempt to do it? We HAVE pictures of satellites streaking in the sky. We HAVE their orbital elements (especially geostationary ones). FEers don't believe those. Why would they believe an ISS picture?

If people only thought for a second about what they are asking. Come on guys, let's use those brain cells.

2) We have pictures and measurements. Why to people keep bring it up that there are none?
(http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=65080.msg1736930#msg1736930)

3) Dish TV dishes point at the satellites. With a zoom camera and tripod, you can take pictures of these:
(http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=64682.msg1726741#msg1726741)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 10:19:08 AM by Jadyyn »
“If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.” W.C. Fields.
"The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence."

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
« Reply #353 on: April 16, 2016, 09:46:28 AM »
I saw some antennas on the houses but no sattelites.  ;D
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

CaptainMagpie

• Aristibird of Knowledge
« Reply #354 on: April 16, 2016, 09:54:35 AM »
I saw some antennas on the houses but no sattelites.  ;D
What does that even mean? I saw a house with a satellite and no antennas so what does that prove?
fuck off penguin.  I'll take my ban to tell you to go fuck your self.  Ban please.   I am waiting.

« Reply #355 on: April 17, 2016, 08:37:03 PM »

Buy even a cheap Orion Tracker and you can easily find and view satellites that are orbiting earth, it's not even that expensive if you buy one from Craigslist... This shouldn't even be a question any more, the Internet is also littered with photos that people have taken, but since FE's believe that all images are fakes (unless FE's post them of course) you can easily buy your own scope and scope it out (no pun intended) but like all others FE's your probably never ever going to actually take a single active step to enlightening your self.

?

Art

« Reply #356 on: April 18, 2016, 06:03:44 AM »
The title is invalid. There are only antennas here.

You don’t see antennas, they are inside the LNB, and are 2cm maximum length for C-Band,
mounted in a shielded cone shape so they won’t receive signal outside of the dish’s reflection,
and pointed at the dish focal point through a plastic weather proof cap.
The frequencies they are tuned to are microwave (11-14GHz), which can only be transmitted line of sight across the Earth,
and are not reflected back to Earth by the ionosphere for an Earth bound transmitter to send to them.

RET:0 - FET:0

?

wpp

« Reply #357 on: May 18, 2016, 05:50:11 AM »
I have a theory that the TV and other signals are originated from a land based transmitter then bounced off by the glass sky (firmament), then received by the sat dish at your home.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #358 on: May 18, 2016, 06:01:41 AM »
I have a theory that the TV and other signals are originated from a land based transmitter then bounced off by the glass sky (firmament), then received by the sat dish at your home.

I am glad that you are using your head and thinking outside the box.  I have proposed similar theories in the past, but I used the ionoplane as the reflective media.  I look forward to working with you to possibly evolve this theory, or possibly combining our research. 

« Reply #359 on: May 18, 2016, 06:10:35 AM »
It's strange that art mentioned microwaves because they can be transmitted over large distances by tropospheric scattering
Confirmed trolls to ignore:
Mousewalker-Denies fisheye lenses used in videos
Sokarul-tries to equate wide angle lens with a fisheye lens
Definitely not official-tries to equate wide angle lens with a fisheye lens