• 12 Replies
?

troy2000

• Live Long And Prosper
Simple Questions For FE'ers
« on: October 13, 2006, 03:30:08 PM »
Can FE be disproved?

If it was disproved would you admit it?

FE seems to have evolved quite a lot, over the past few weeks, I've seen dozens of new ideas and theories added to it.  Now that Virgin Galactic have started, they have been claimed to be part of the conspiracy too.

This means that FE cannot be disproved, not the fact that Virgin have become part of the "conspiracy, but the fact that ANYONE who proves the earth to be spherical becomes part of the conspiracy.  So, if I were to go into space tomorrow and say, "Hey, I've seen it, the world is really spherical!!!!!!!!!", does that make me part of the "conspiracy"?

Or how about if I claimed to have gone to the "ice wall" and brought back photograph, would that be treated as absolute proof that the earth is flat?  So naturally, if I brought you a picture of a spherical earth, that would have the same amount of credibility?

Really, I can't wait to see what the replys are this time  :D  :roll:
"There's coffee in that nebula!" - Capt. Katherine Janeway.   Star Trek fan since I was 2 years old and proud of it! :).

Re: Simple Questions For FE'ers
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2006, 03:40:35 PM »
Quote from: "troy2000"
Can FE be disproved?

FE seems to have evolved quite a lot, over the past few weeks, I've seen dozens of new ideas and theories added to it.  Now that Virgin Galactic have started, they have been claimed to be part of the conspiracy too.

This means that FE cannot be disproved, not the fact that Virgin have become part of the "conspiracy, but the fact that ANYONE who proves the earth to be spherical becomes part of the conspiracy.  So, if I were to go into space tomorrow and say, "Hey, I've seen it, the world is really spherical!!!!!!!!!", does that make me part of the "conspiracy"?

Or how about if I claimed to have gone to the "ice wall" and brought back photograph, would that be treated as absolute proof that the earth is flat?  So naturally, if I brought you a picture of a spherical earth, that would have the same amount of credibility?

This loop is obvious from the moment you read the faq. We're all aware of it.
atttttttup was right when he said joseph bloom is right, The Engineer is a douchebag.

?

GeoGuy

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2006, 04:08:47 PM »
Can FE be disproved?

No, the FE theory cannot be disproved, simply because it is unfalsifiable.

?

No

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2006, 08:54:03 PM »
Quote from: "GeoGuy"
Can FE be disproved?

No, the FE theory cannot be disproved, simply because it is unfalsifiable.
Mainly because the base of the FE theory is that "it is a conspiracy."

?

GeoGuy

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2006, 09:03:52 PM »
Quote from: "No"

I don't know where you got the idea that the conspiracy is the base of the FE theory. That's ridiculous.

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2006, 09:36:27 PM »
Can FE be disproved?

Not really, and when it is, all the morons fail to realize it, so we generally get off scott-free, even when it is blown open by one of the more intelligible debaters.

It depends. If the debater is debating for the sake of debating, as am I, and they bring up a point that we can't possibly win at? Probably.
If, on the other hand, it's some moron who comes in here, posts up some "sattelite pictures" and says he disproved it? No.

Not really, but are you going to go into space tomorrow and how do you know the world would be spherical if you did?

Really, the pictures of the Ice Wall are just to prove the irony and idiocy of the general Round Earther populus. It's been justified on these boards, however, that no pictures stand as solid, unfalsifiable proof (actually, usually they stand as no proof at all, since it's been made obvious that photographs can be forged extremely easily).

Great! Hope you had loads of fun with that.

~D-Draw

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2006, 09:49:03 PM »
Really, I can't wait to see what the replys are this time  

to be honest, this was niether a highly intelligent or scientific post, much like most of mine  :lol:  and as such i doubt ur gonna get any decent answers back

?

No

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2006, 11:20:52 PM »

I don't know where you got the idea that the conspiracy is the base of the FE theory. That's ridiculous.
Because without the vast conspiracy, including scientists, governments, and space agencies, the theory would fall apart.

If the Earth is flat, then there is a conspiracy.

If there is not a conspiracy, then the Earth is not flat.

And there is no way to prove that the conspiracy exists, but a million ways to disprove it.

?

mjk

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2006, 02:43:47 AM »

Because without the vast conspiracy, including scientists, governments, and space agencies, the theory would fall apart.

If the Earth is flat, then there is a conspiracy.

If there is not a conspiracy, then the Earth is not flat.

And there is no way to prove that the conspiracy exists, but a million ways to disprove it.

dont forget its possible the conspiracy is so old the original peoples who KNEW the conspiracy was a conspiracy have long since pasted away and in todays world there is nobody that needs to protect the conspiracy  because everybody truely does believe there is no conspiracy.
quote="diegodraw"]you never mentioned anything about antagonizing naive idiots who have reason to believe they should defend what everyone already knows is logical....Not like anybody would ever have fun doing that, of course[/quote]

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2006, 02:45:40 AM »
dont forget its possible the conspiracy is so old the original peoples who KNEW the conspiracy was a conspiracy have long since pasted away and in todays world there is nobody that needs to protect the conspiracy because everybody truely does believe there is no conspiracy.

hehe, pasted  :lol:

?

mjk

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2006, 02:52:27 AM »
Quote from: "woopedazz"
dont forget its possible the conspiracy is so old the original peoples who KNEW the conspiracy was a conspiracy have long since pasted away and in todays world there is nobody that needs to protect the conspiracy because everybody truely does believe there is no conspiracy.

hehe, pasted  :lol:

:lol:

that is correct, i believe the original conspiritors were glued into nonexistance.   :shock:

or you're sniggering at a spelling mistake like the mature adult you are........ :lol:
quote="diegodraw"]you never mentioned anything about antagonizing naive idiots who have reason to believe they should defend what everyone already knows is logical....Not like anybody would ever have fun doing that, of course[/quote]

?

EnragedPenguin

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2006, 07:43:13 AM »
Can FE be disproved?

Yes. Although 99.9 percent of all "experiments" posted on here are not valid ways of doing it.

Or how about if I claimed to have gone to the "ice wall" and brought back photograph, would that be treated as absolute proof that the earth is flat?

No.

So naturally, if I brought you a picture of a spherical earth, that would have the same amount of credibility?

Yes.
A different world cannot be built by indifferent people.

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2006, 10:15:49 AM »
FE4lyfe.