Mecca, Saudi Arabia as a center of flat earth explains Santiago-Sydney flt. time

• 9 Replies
There was always a question asked to flat earthers: Why the flight time from Santiago (Chile) to Sydeny (Australia) is the same as the flight time from Toronto to Tokyo?

Answer: The correct map of flat earth should have Mecca (Saudi Arabia) in the center not the north pole and the flight times will be justified and Australia will be much closer to Latin America.

?

jason_85

• 4D n-sphere earth believer
How do you figure?
Jason, you are my least favorite noob.

Just redraw the earth map with Mecca in the center and see yourself, the Santiago Sydney shorter than expected flight time was never answered in a flat earth model with the north pole in the centre, however if you redraw it with Mecca in the center everything seems justified and the theoretical calculations match the actual flight time.

?

Sculder

• Me and Mully
You don't need to use such a large font size.
I don't want to believe.

?

jason_85

Isn't mekka more or less in the middle in most maps anyway? You still can't fly to South America without going through the Indian Ocean.

?

jason_85

Sorry about the excessively large map, it didn't look that big in my browser...

?

jason_85

Last time I went to South America we flew through Auckland, it was about 11 hours Auckland - Buenos Aires. I don't see how that works with a FE map...

and Muslims in Mecca going in circles around Kaaba is exactly like how people travel on the earth in general, also in circles

The map that you have posted is drawn to spherical principles, so that's why you see australis far from South America, try drawing it like a disc with Mecca in the center.

?

jason_85

The map that you have posted is drawn to spherical principles, so that's why you see australis far from South America, try drawing it like a disc with Mecca in the center.

No. You do it. Onus Probandi.