Poll

What is the correct distance from the earth to the moon  and the size of the moon ?

Flat Earth Measurements Of (Exact ?) 15 KM Distance /  600 M Diameter of the moon
Round Earth Measurements By  Ham Radio (approximately ? ) 237, 150 Miles Distance / 2,150 Mile Diameter of the moon
Some Other Measurements Such As The FE 3000 Mile  Distance / 30 Mile Diameter of the moon

Distance from the Earth to the Moon ? Ham Radio vs. Flat Earth Measurements.

• 549 Replies
Isn't that what all REers think of FEers?  And from an FE point of view, the reverse is true.

The question is now down to who's right, the sheer majority or the few minority? Who's mentally ill, a patient of mental hospital or the rest of the world?
I think, therefore I am

Alchemist21

• tfes.org
Democritus was the greek philosopher credited with first conceiving the concept of an atom.  A few centuries later, Aristotle said matter is infinitely divisible.  People believed in the infinitely divisible matter for hundreds of years afterwards not because of what was said, but who said it.
tfes.org

?

robintex

• Ranters
Isn't that what all REers think of FEers?  And from an FE point of view, the reverse is true.

The question is now down to who's right, the sheer majority or the few minority? Who's mentally ill, a patient of mental hospital or the rest of the world?

IMHO the sheer majority have evidence and the few minority have none.

I have heard (but this can be dismissed as hearsay evidence) that some people believe some people on this website are residents of a certain institution in Terrell, Texas . There are others who think this website is either/or a big hoax and/or a big joke.

I am still waiting for answers to my questions  from Rushy.
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

Democritus was the greek philosopher credited with first conceiving the concept of an atom.  A few centuries later, Aristotle said matter is infinitely divisible.  People believed in the infinitely divisible matter for hundreds of years afterwards not because of what was said, but who said it.

For philosopher, you're probably right. But in science, a new idea is accepted when it is proven to match the observed phenomena or it makes more sense than the one it replaces. It's not  because who said it.
I think, therefore I am

?

robintex

• Ranters

For philosopher, you're probably right. But in science, a new idea is accepted when it is proven to match the observed phenomena or it makes more sense than the one it replaces. It's not  because who said it.

I suppose that could be applied to this gentleman.:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samuel_Rowbotham

Chorus:

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones

In ancient times, science was known as natural philosophy.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

In ancient times, science was known as natural philosophy.
I was referring to science which uses scientific methods. If natural philosophy studied the nature based on observation, experiment, and measurement then it is included in my definition of science regardless how it is called. It seems that by the 17th century, natural philosophy was considered a separate branch of philosophy.
I think, therefore I am

?

robintex

• Ranters
Getting back to the OP.

A little history of EME or Moon Bounce:
http://sutherland.blogs.com/w6po/2004/08/the_first_amate.html
http://www.rcallen.com/eme50.htm

Actually, the purpose of Moon Bounce or EME (Earth to Moon to Earth) was to see if the moon could be used a passive reflector for some "Really Big DX QSO's" (Long Distance Radio Contacts)......Nearly 500,00 miles for the round trip ! Wow !

On some of these contacts it was just noted that the delay between transmission and reception happened to be 2.55 seconds and from that the distance was easily computed as 237,150 miles which fell into the actual measurements by other means of from 225,682 to 252,088 miles.

I would think that would trump 15 Kilometers or 3,00 miles ?  LOL.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 11:04:36 AM by Googleotomy »

Chorus:

?

robintex

• Ranters
Still waiting for answers to my questions from Rushy. ??? Maybe he just went on vacation, so I'll just bide my time until he returns. No big problem. I'm really in no hurry, but Rushy is sorely missed when he doesn't show up.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 11:24:07 AM by Googleotomy »

Chorus:

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
This thread is constantly getting bumped, yet it has been abandoned by everyone except Googleotomy.  I am locking it.