Poll

What is the correct distance from the earth to the moon  and the size of the moon ?

Flat Earth Measurements Of (Exact ?) 15 KM Distance /  600 M Diameter of the moon
Round Earth Measurements By  Ham Radio (approximately ? ) 237, 150 Miles Distance / 2,150 Mile Diameter of the moon
Some Other Measurements Such As The FE 3000 Mile  Distance / 30 Mile Diameter of the moon

Distance from the Earth to the Moon ? Ham Radio vs. Flat Earth Measurements.

• 549 Replies
Re: Distance from the Earth to the Moon ? Ham Radio vs. Flat Earth Measurements.
« Reply #480 on: September 11, 2013, 10:20:25 AM »
Rushy - are you still gainfully employed by the conspiracy using technology to track satellites?

I remember you making that claim years ago.

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php/topic,51942.msg1273868.html#msg1273868

Perhaps you could aim those signals at the moon?

?

robintex

• Ranters
Re: Distance from the Earth to the Moon ? Ham Radio vs. Flat Earth Measurements.
« Reply #481 on: September 11, 2013, 11:03:48 AM »
Rushy - are you still gainfully employed by the conspiracy using technology to track satellites?

I remember you making that claim years ago.

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php/topic,51942.msg1273868.html#msg1273868

Perhaps you could aim those signals at the moon?

I think Rushy has just been having fun leading us on with his posts concerning "Moon Bounce."
Fair enough.  :)
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

Rushy

« Reply #482 on: September 11, 2013, 11:07:11 AM »
I think Rushy has just been having fun leading us on with his posts concerning "Moon Bounce."

Indeed. Now that you are aware that I know quite a bit more about the operation of radio systems than anyone in this thread, perhaps you can understand why I think your evidence is complete baloney.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #483 on: September 11, 2013, 11:09:04 AM »

Indeed. Now that you are aware that I know quite a bit more about the operation of radio systems than anyone in this thread, perhaps you can understand why I think your evidence is complete baloney.

Well, I would suggest you tell that to any Amateur Radio Operator , Club, ARRL or the FCC or any astronomical observatory.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 11:10:39 AM by Googleotomy »

Chorus:

Rushy

« Reply #484 on: September 11, 2013, 11:48:37 AM »
Well, I would suggest you tell that to any Amateur Radio Operator , Club, ARRL or the FCC or any astronomical observatory.

That's not really a big priority for me. I work mainly on the various modulations of gravitation and non-descript variations of redshift and its implications in the study of celestial bodies, prominently regarding that of pulsars.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #485 on: September 11, 2013, 12:32:08 PM »

That's not really a big priority for me. I work mainly on the various modulations of gravitation and non-descript variations of redshift and its implications in the study of celestial bodies, prominently regarding that of pulsars.

Irrelevant to the OP.  But here is a nice paper on the technicalities of EME communication.  Something worthy of your profound intellect.

http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/EME_2010_Hbk.pdf
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

?

Scintific Method

• Trust, but verify.
« Reply #486 on: September 11, 2013, 03:56:06 PM »
I'll be honest, I skimmed most of Rushy's crap, but he keeps saying we haven't verified that radio waves can reach the moon. This is incorrect (although conspiracy theorists will argue the point I'm about to make). Communications with the Apollo astronauts was via radio, so yes, we have confirmed that radio transmissions can reach the moon.
Quote from: jtelroy
...the FE'ers still found a way to deny it. Not with counter arguments. Not with proof of any kind. By simply denying it.

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt."

Rushy

« Reply #487 on: September 11, 2013, 04:08:41 PM »
I'll be honest, I skimmed most of Rushy's crap, but he keeps saying we haven't verified that radio waves can reach the moon. This is incorrect (although conspiracy theorists will argue the point I'm about to make). Communications with the Apollo astronauts was via radio, so yes, we have confirmed that radio transmissions can reach the moon.

Hey guys, I'm going to verify what I'm saying by saying something that also can't be verified...?

Makes total sense.

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #488 on: September 11, 2013, 04:26:58 PM »

Hey guys, I'm going to verify what I'm saying by saying something that also can't be verified...?

Makes total sense.

Um, we've been to the moon duh. There is video evidence available. Haven't you seen it?

Oh right... You claim its a conspiracy but... The conspiracy theorists claims have been shown to be false. That's right, every single objection has been shown to be false. Usually because the complainers just have no clue what they are talking about.

Rushy

« Reply #489 on: September 11, 2013, 04:58:21 PM »
Um, we've been to the moon duh. There is video evidence available. Haven't you seen it?

I've seen videos of UFOs too, but I'm not exactly wearing a tin foil hat to protect my brain from little green men and their brain guns.

Oh right... You claim its a conspiracy but... The conspiracy theorists claims have been shown to be false. That's right, every single objection has been shown to be false. Usually because the complainers just have no clue what they are talking about.

Ohohohoho, rather than bring up a good point I'm just going to make generalized statements whilst patting myself upon the back!

?

odes

• Everything else is a fairy tale!
« Reply #490 on: September 11, 2013, 06:19:01 PM »
Can an average person send a radio beam to the moon? How about a store-bought laser? Any way of detecting these?
Quote from: Rushy
No bawwing is necessary.

Rushy

« Reply #491 on: September 11, 2013, 06:20:40 PM »
Can an average person send a radio beam to the moon? How about a store-bought laser? Any way of detecting these?

Depends on what you mean by average. Lunar LASER ranging can only be done from observatories with the proper equipment and amatuer radio operators have to invest thousands in their equipment. They're not cheap hobbies by any means.

?

odes

• Everything else is a fairy tale!
« Reply #492 on: September 11, 2013, 06:21:36 PM »
Well, I'm out. I'm not spending thousands to send a beam to the moon. The moon sends beams to me for free!
Quote from: Rushy
No bawwing is necessary.

« Reply #493 on: September 12, 2013, 08:21:05 AM »
There's a bunch of information out there on the history and methodologies of EME communications out there.  Don't accept the answers or take the advice of anyone in this forum (myself included), just read about it.  Most of the questions that have been asked in this thread can be answered from the first page of a Google search for 'EME radio history.'

http://www.ok2kkw.com/eme1960/eme1960eng.htm
http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/EME_2010_Hbk.pdf
http://www.moonbouncers.org/
http://ve2zaz.net/Presentations/Downloads/VE2ZAZ_EME_Presentation.pdf

Also, most ham radio enthusiasts that I've ever met LOVE TO TALK ABOUT HAM RADIO, EVEN TO TOTAL STRANGERS.  Email some of them and ask them your questions.  I would imagine that so long as you're not rude, pretty much any of them would respond.

You're obviously never going to get a satisfactory answer to any of your questions from some bored strangers on a random web forum.
Also, the people on your websites are specifically framing their claims, not to learn the truth of the matter, but because they want to "debunk" Apollo Hoax claims --

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #494 on: September 14, 2013, 11:31:16 AM »
As I mentioned before I have suggested contacts with the ARRL, The Dallas Amateur Radio Club, The Irving Amateur Radio Club and Mc Donald Observatory. I have visited all of them  and have also exchanged e-mails with all of them. They are all friendly groups who would love to discuss this with you.
http://www.arrl.org/
http://www.w5fc.org/
http://www.irvingarc.org/

You might also contact a "ham" in your town or neighborhood. You can find a list of them on the qrz.com Website by searching on the name of your county. For example I searched on Dallas and got a list of 4,185 hams in Dallas County, Texas.
http://qrz.com/lookup?fips=48113

Any of these sources would help you get answers to your questions about EME and "Moon Bounce"
from someone other than posters on FES Forum Website on the Internet.

I have suggested this to sandokhan and others, but they never did seem to take me up on my invitations.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 11:47:45 AM by Googleotomy »

Chorus:

Rushy

« Reply #495 on: September 14, 2013, 11:40:52 AM »
"I've done goofed and tried to talk about a subject I myself don't understand at all, as a result, I have no idea what your response to my topic even means. Rather than formulate a proper response, I'm going to shift the focus of the topic to you calling these guys and then get mad when you don't because you totally just got done explaining why my topic is hilariously wrong." -OP

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #496 on: September 14, 2013, 12:05:28 PM »
For some reason I couldn't seem to add a reference to Mc Donald Observatory by modifying. ???

But I'll give this a try.  :)

Here is a contact listing for Mc Donald Observatory. They also have an amateur radio club.

http://mcdonaldobservatory.org/contact

Chorus:

« Reply #497 on: September 14, 2013, 01:22:14 PM »
Radio waves are not microwaves.

This is like saying that cars are not Civics.  Civics are a subset of cars.  Some cars are Civics.

Likewise, in radio communication, microwaves are a subset of radio waves.
Also, the people on your websites are specifically framing their claims, not to learn the truth of the matter, but because they want to "debunk" Apollo Hoax claims --

Rushy

« Reply #498 on: September 14, 2013, 01:45:39 PM »
Radio waves are not microwaves.

This is like saying that cars are not Civics.  Civics are a subset of cars.  Some cars are Civics.

Likewise, in radio communication, microwaves are a subset of radio waves.

Please read the thread before posting or attend a basic course on Electricity and Magnetism. Whichever one you feel like putting effort into, which as of right now, is apparently neither.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #499 on: September 14, 2013, 06:37:44 PM »
Rushy always  seems to be harping on "there is no evidence to support the Moon Bounce Operation" , or something to that effect.

There is plenty of evidence and facts about this on all the references that have been listed.
But apparently Rushy has not bothered to check them.

Rushy has yet to post any evidence that Moon Bounce is not a fact.

Chorus:

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #500 on: September 14, 2013, 06:42:16 PM »
ITT: RErs confuse ham radio with RADAR and assume some guy in his shed can bounce signals off the moon. In actual fact you need a dish the size of football field and a small power station to yourself, but its something you can do at home and there isn't a sniff of conspiracy about this tall tale.  ::)

Question, if you can bounce radio off the moon, why do you lose reception in a valley?

But I will concede that thork is even worse and displays more ignorance than Rushy when it comes to radio waves.  ;D

BTW you lose reception in a valley it is because the hill is in the way between the transmitter and
your receiver. (Unless the transmitter is at the top of the same hill on the same valley as your location.)

You can bounce signals off the moon because there is nothing between you and the moon. It should be obvious to the most casual observer, but you have to be able to see the moon for any "Moon Bounce" operations.

Which also de-bunks the "Ice Dome" as being any thing between the earth and the moon. The earth's atmosphere has been proven to be of negligible effect on radio waves on the frequencies and wave lengths used in "Moon Bounce."

Elementary, My Dear Watson !.

(OK, Sherlockians ! Holmes never said that. ! He said "Elementary" and "My Dear Watson" but never the twain did meet.) My apologies for the off-topic remark. If that is OK for FE's, is an occasional "off-topic" remark verboten for RE's ?  ??? ;D
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 07:07:59 PM by Googleotomy »

Chorus:

Rushy

« Reply #501 on: September 14, 2013, 07:33:54 PM »
"I've done goofed and tried to talk about a subject I myself don't understand at all, as a result, I have no idea what your response to my topic even means. Rather than formulate a proper response, I'm going to shift the focus of the topic to you calling these guys and then get mad when you don't because you totally just got done explaining why my topic is hilariously wrong." -OP

I'm just going to keep posting this over and over. I'm done with this thread and will remain to be so until you actually verify your claims. To any others who read this, note that Googleotomy has no idea what he is talking about. Note he can't explain anything on his own and just wants FE'ers to call other people, so other people can explain what he can't, which is that what he saying is baloney by any standards and laughable by even the scientific community.

« Reply #502 on: September 14, 2013, 11:29:26 PM »
I'm just going to keep posting this over and over. I'm done with this thread and will remain to be so until you actually verify your claims. To any others who read this, note that Googleotomy has no idea what he is talking about. Note he can't explain anything on his own and just wants FE'ers to call other people, so other people can explain what he can't, which is that what he saying is baloney by any standards and laughable by even the scientific community.

On the one hand, you simply refuse Googleotomy's explanation, and on the other hand, you haven't explained why we can't bounce radio signal off the moon.
I think, therefore I am

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #503 on: September 14, 2013, 11:40:22 PM »

On the one hand, you simply refuse Googleotomy's explanation, and on the other hand, you haven't explained why we can't bounce radio signal off the moon.
He clearly said only professional jarhead techs who go to a technical school can do it. Not engineers, but techs. Amateurs are just stupid people who don't know anything according to him. That is the reason why "we" can't bounce signals of the moon.
His opinion should suffice, after all he has been to technical school. 
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

« Reply #504 on: September 14, 2013, 11:48:56 PM »
He clearly said only professional jarhead techs who go to a technical school can do it. Not engineers, but techs. Amateurs are just stupid people who don't know anything according to him. That is the reason why "we" can't bounce signals of the moon.

That is a really deep thought explanation. But doesn't it mean that someone (tech) can do it then?
I think, therefore I am

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #505 on: September 15, 2013, 12:10:47 AM »

That is a really deep thought explanation. But doesn't it mean that someone (tech) can do it then?
No, him being a jarhead tech means that it can't be done. He requires first hand evidence, a community of ham radio operators is not enough. Wold Moon Bounce Day was fake since none of them are sitting on the moon to make sure the signals do indeed bounce off the moon.  Physics and equations do not apply.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

« Reply #506 on: September 15, 2013, 01:17:57 AM »
I don't know how credible Rushy is, or even whether he is what he says he is. I would love to see him in an amateur moon bounce forum proving the "stupid" amateurs wrong. Why don't you impress us Rushy?
I think, therefore I am

Rushy

« Reply #507 on: September 15, 2013, 09:14:34 AM »
Equations you think are correct and equations that are actually correct is two separate ideas. The latter type of equations is something no one in this thread appears to have. Notice that Sokarul didn't post any evidence either, this is because he doesn't have any. We know for a fact that if he did, he would post it and post it everywhere. It's what he does.

I don't know how credible Rushy is, or even whether he is what he says he is. I would love to see him in an amateur moon bounce forum proving the "stupid" amateurs wrong. Why don't you impress us Rushy?

Why would I waste my time proving someone wrong when they can't simply prove themselves to be correct?

« Reply #508 on: September 15, 2013, 09:33:34 AM »
I provided you with a several links to pages with lots and lots of additional sources.  The first link, in particular, documents pretty much the whole history of EME radio experiments complete with references and primary source material.  In it, you'll find all of the answers to your questions about EME, like why you don't need to have a radio (or microwave) receiver on the Moon to know that the signal you're receiving on Earth was reflected from the Moon.

For instance, you can send images to people, like this one: http://history.nasa.gov/SP-4217/ch2.htm

To be fair, you've only indicated in this thread that you lack a basic understanding of the principles of radio communication.  All you've really said is

you're stupid
you're wrong
radio waves can't reach the moon
radio waves are not microwaves wait yes they are or are they?

Rushy

« Reply #509 on: September 15, 2013, 09:50:38 AM »
??? I didn't say any of those things. I guess when people can't argue, they make things up? That might work in a physical conversation but not so much on a forum, buddy.