Poor America

• 20 Replies
?

Thork

Poor America
« on: March 06, 2013, 11:50:57 AM »
I was just reading an article and I felt really bad for the subjects. Its about poverty in the USA.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-21636723

We have poverty in the UK, but its not on this scale. You don't really hear of British kids without food. And it just seems so unnecessary. This is all because of deliberate destruction of your money by the Federal Reserve.

Quote from: Thomas Jefferson
If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies... The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."

Sadly issuing power is still with the FED.

A lot of people don't seem to realise where all the money went during this crisis at the end of 2008. The answer is the FED took it.

They can take your wealth by printing and then withholding money as they please "first by inflation, then by deflation" as Jefferson would say. But the thing is, its not a fair way of collecting wealth. It takes virtually everything from ordinary people and transfers it to the bank. The rich are left unscathed.

And the thing is, its so meaningless. The banks are just playing a computer game and watching numbers they can never spend increase. But there seems to be a huge moral disconnect. That wealth had to come from somewhere when they monetised it as debt. And it came from the toils of America's poor who have been forcibly separated from that money by tax, inflation and outsourcing of their livelihoods.

I felt sad reading that story because these are the poor bastards that Obama pretends to protect. These are the people Capitol Hill are elected to help, and yet they conspire with the banks to inflict this hardship on their people. Its deliberate, preventable and immoral.

And I felt sad about it, because I know no one is going to help them, but also that things are going to get worse. QE3 is unlimited printing of money. The FED are soon going to struggle to export US inflation because other nations won't want the dollar, so fast is its value falling. And that is going to push the prices of things like food and rent higher still. And when these people complain they are starving, Obama will send troops to force them to put up with it.

I just thought I'd make an OP because even as a Brit, it seems so unjust to me. I can only imagine American's either haven't got a f*ck's notion what is happening in their country or that they are furious about it?

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
Re: Poor America
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 12:23:05 PM »
That article is BS. The government doesn't let children go hungry. Child Protective Services ensures that every child is fed and cared for. If the mother is hiding that she cannot feed or house her children from the CPS, the fault is with the mother, not the government.

?

Thork

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 12:34:38 PM »
Ok, not the way I envisaged the thread going, but might I ask why British media would suggest that American's are starving? Make no mistake, that was our state media and it prints what its told by our government regarding all politics. So, what possible motivation would our government have for attacking your social structure when ours is a) very similar and b) we suck up to America at every opportunity? Because I'd struggle to see the motive.
If it was this family lying, our government/state media would suppress this story.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 02:00:20 PM »
http://www.snopes.com/quotes/jefferson/banks.asp

Also, this is shaping up to be a troll throwdown.  I am excite.

?

Thork

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 02:11:12 PM »
http://www.snopes.com/quotes/jefferson/banks.asp

Also, this is shaping up to be a troll throwdown.  I am excite.
That's annoying. Its hard enough keeping up with the quotes of dead British people. To find out that those American ones I vaguely remember enough to google, turn out to be hoax quotes ... >o<

Anyway, the sentiment is accurate.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 02:29:23 PM »
Beware, there are lots and lots of fake quotes attributed to Thomas Jefferson.   http://www.monticello.org/site/jefferson/spurious-quotations

Americans don't like to think about our own citizens going hungry, and if we do we usually blame the poor people for not working hard enough, the lazy moochers.

#ws" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Wealth Inequality in America

We don't even realize how bad it is.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

?

Thork

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2013, 05:52:09 PM »
Tom Bishop   01:32:00   Posting in Poor America.

Tom didn't post in the end, but that message tickled me. Hopefully Tom will be able to move somewhere more affluent some day. :D.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2013, 05:53:13 PM »
Make no mistake, that was our state media and it prints what its told by our government regarding all politics. So, what possible motivation would our government have for attacking your social structure when ours is a) very similar and b) we suck up to America at every opportunity? Because I'd struggle to see the motive.
If it was this family lying, our government/state media would suppress this story.

I don't know why the BBC would publish such a BS story, but I can only imagine it's through their own ignorance. The government will let the mother starve, but children have a free ride in America. The mother is an adult, expected to take care of her own self, and will at most only receive a small insufficient amount of welfare on condition that she's actively looking for work.

It is common knowledge here that if the mother in the article went to Child Protective Services her children would receive full room and board, a health plan, and put in school. They aren't left to starve.

It may be that this family is real and the children really are starving. However, they are only starving because of the mother's stupidity/stubbornness, not because of public neglect.

Source: http://www.dss.cahwnet.gov/cdssweb/pg93.htm
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 06:26:29 PM by Tom Bishop »

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2013, 06:10:22 PM »
Beware, there are lots and lots of fake quotes attributed to Thomas Jefferson.   http://www.monticello.org/site/jefferson/spurious-quotations

Americans don't like to think about our own citizens going hungry, and if we do we usually blame the poor people for not working hard enough, the lazy moochers.

#ws" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Wealth Inequality in America

We don't even realize how bad it is.

This video is also BS. The narrator states "Do you really think the CEO is working 380x as hard than his average employee?"

Yes, he is. The CEO commands hundreds of staff members who work hard for him. A single employee does not have anyone except themselves. When you work for a company you are working for them, not for yourself. The narrator seems oblivious to this concept.

If a CEO has to build a data center/super market/cruise ship, he can probably do it hundreds of times faster and better than a single person off the street could. The CEO is much more powerful than someone off the street. This is why a CEO deserves millions of dollars, and other people do not.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 06:35:52 PM by Tom Bishop »

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2013, 07:15:22 PM »
Hey, Thork, isn't it annoying when an obvious troll butts into your thread and takes a dump all over it?

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2013, 07:32:47 PM »
Hey, Thork, isn't it annoying when an obvious troll butts into your thread and takes a dump all over it?

Tom is the only one providing any arguments. I'm sure Thork doesn't mind the company.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
  • Venerated Official of the High Zetetic Council
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2013, 07:45:21 PM »
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204573704577185553258224344.html

According to this, at least, the problem isn't nearly as bad as we act like it is. And yes, this is one of the things we freak out about here in 'Murica. But it's a constant and kind of omnipresent issue, so it somehow doesn't make our blood boil like, for example, children praying in school. Which is obviously a bigger deal than children going hungry.

Meanwhile, in London,

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/dispossessed/in-2012-thousands-of-children-are-starving-on-the-streets-of-london-7621114.html

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2013, 08:57:43 AM »

According to this, at least, the problem isn't nearly as bad as we act like it is. And yes, this is one of the things we freak out about here in 'Murica. But it's a constant and kind of omnipresent issue, so it somehow doesn't make our blood boil like, for example, children praying in school. Which is obviously a bigger deal than children going hungry.

Uh huh.  I can't read the article because I'm not a subscriber, but the Wall Street Journal's opinion page is notorious for being Glenn Beck-style crazy and full of misinformation.  It's not reliable at all.

?

Sean

• Official Member
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2013, 12:30:15 PM »
Quantitative easing helps the economy.
Quote from: sokarul
Better bring a better augment, something not so stupid.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
  • Venerated Official of the High Zetetic Council
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2013, 01:58:07 PM »

Uh huh.  I can't read the article because I'm not a subscriber, but the Wall Street Journal's opinion page is notorious for being Glenn Beck-style crazy and full of misinformation.  It's not reliable at all.

I'm not a subscriber either. How did I read it the first time around? I'm confused.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2013, 02:05:05 PM »
There may be a limit on article viewing before the "You myst be subscribed" thing pops up.  Some other news sites have that.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2013, 05:34:28 PM »
Ok, not the way I envisaged the thread going, but might I ask why British media would suggest that American's are starving? Make no mistake, that was our state media and it prints what its told by our government regarding all politics. So, what possible motivation would our government have for attacking your social structure when ours is a) very similar and b) we suck up to America at every opportunity? Because I'd struggle to see the motive.
Thork according you America is overweight and starving. Your jealousy of the U.S. is showing again.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

babsinva

• aka Mr. Fahrenheit
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2013, 09:44:31 AM »
Thork according you America is overweight and starving. Your jealousy of the U.S. is showing again.

No jealousy- truth.
Some parts of America are starving and yes some are overweight - there can be both issues yes.  America has been known to have one of the most overweight citizens per capita compared to other countries.  That has been known for a long time Hoppy - it's not new.  Yes there are shortages of food too.  Ok it's not as graphic as the Ethiopians in 1983 with the "We Are the World" campaign for world hunger and distended bellies and one grain of rice in the kids throat, but yes poverty exists in America.  Hunger is a world problem NOT a "not in my backyard" problem.

http://technorati.com/politics/article/american-children-are-starving-while-washington/

http://www.truth-out.org/buzzflash/commentary/item/11594-billions-of-tax-dollars-for-drones-while-kids-starve-and-cities-go-broke

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/US/hunger-children-america-slow-steady-starvation/story?id=14328390

Your media are suggesting the same thing. Is it possible you are out of touch with current events in your nation?

Thork these are credible sources.  Ignore them.
Quote from Big Giant Head:  "Considered fictitious or phantom does not quantify its non-existence."

Quote from Soze:  "We cannot escape perception, but we can't assume reality doesn't exist outside of perception."

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2013, 10:24:06 AM »
Yes, we should always ignore credible sources.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

babsinva

• aka Mr. Fahrenheit
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2013, 07:18:51 PM »
Yes, we should always ignore credible sources.

Ignore the people who don't believe the credible sources - that's what I meant.
Quote from Big Giant Head:  "Considered fictitious or phantom does not quantify its non-existence."

Quote from Soze:  "We cannot escape perception, but we can't assume reality doesn't exist outside of perception."