What are the 'unique' proofs that the earth isn't round?

• 72 Replies
?

Scintific Method

• Trust, but verify.
Re: What are the 'unique' proofs that the earth isn't round?
« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2013, 05:27:10 AM »
And still we wait! Seriously, is there no proof that the FES can offer?

It's a bit like a court case, where the prosecution has fingerprints, DNA, CCTV, reputable eye witnesses, etc, etc, and the following exchange takes place:

Prosecution: "Guilty."
Defense: "No, innocent!"
Prosecution: "Where's your proof?"
Defense: "He just is."
Prosecution: "So you have no proof?"
Defence: *silence*

What do you think the jury would say?
Quote from: jtelroy
...the FE'ers still found a way to deny it. Not with counter arguments. Not with proof of any kind. By simply denying it.

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt."

?

Scintific Method

• Trust, but verify.
« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2013, 04:58:03 PM »
And so another week passes with no answers. I think Lunia has given up in disgust.
...the FE'ers still found a way to deny it. Not with counter arguments. Not with proof of any kind. By simply denying it.

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt."

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
  • Venerated Official of the High Zetetic Council
« Reply #62 on: May 17, 2013, 05:47:53 PM »
We have a wiki page dedicated to experimental evidence, which you've been linked to before.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #63 on: May 17, 2013, 05:56:50 PM »
We have a wiki page dedicated to experimental evidence, which you've been linked to before.

As someone who identifies as a scientist you should be embrassed to cite that page.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

?

Scintific Method

• Trust, but verify.
« Reply #64 on: May 17, 2013, 06:41:38 PM »

The sinking ship effect does not explain objects being obscured by the horizon;
the Bedford Level experiments conducted by Rowbotham, Blount, and Shenton were flawed in that they did not account for surface refraction;
Kansas flatter than a pancake took elevation references, which are from sea level, which is not a straight line on globe;
I haven't read Zetetic Cosmogony, but if you can link me to a free e-book, I'll have a look;
A hundred proofs does not contain any actual proofs, just a collection of anecdotes and misconceptions;
I have not read Terra Firma either, but I'll have a look if I get bored.

All in all, not a lot of useful info on that page.

EDIT: I have created a thread here for further discussion of "A Hundred Proofs..."
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 04:55:22 AM by Scintific Method »

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #65 on: May 19, 2013, 04:06:43 PM »
the Bedford Level experiments conducted by Rowbotham, Blount, and Shenton were flawed in that they did not account for surface refraction;

So there's a chance illusion which simulates a flat earth whenever the experiment is tried?

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #66 on: May 19, 2013, 04:29:44 PM »

So there's a chance illusion which simulates a flat earth whenever the experiment is tried?

No Wallace being an experienced surveyor did it properly. You can easily consult professional surveyor websites where they explain how to correct for refraction, superior mirage and curvature. It's all old news.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #67 on: May 19, 2013, 04:41:59 PM »

So there's an error they made which simulates a flat earth whenever the experiment is tried?

Corrected your posts for you there Tom  ;D
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

?

Scintific Method

• Trust, but verify.
« Reply #68 on: May 19, 2013, 04:51:24 PM »

As already pointed out, there is a well known and measurable atmospheric effect which can create the illusion of a flat earth under certain conditions.

?

Scintific Method

• Trust, but verify.
« Reply #69 on: May 31, 2013, 05:44:51 PM »
Still nothing I see. How hard is it to say "Go out and conduct this experiment: [details of experiment]. As you will see, the resulting data clearly shows that the earth is flat."? I can do that all day for experiments that show the earth to be round (those same experiments could just as easily show it to be flat too, if it really were), so the logical conclusion is that there are no credible experiments that show the earth to be flat, because it isn't!

Go on, prove me wrong! Don't just say it, prove it! Conclusively!

PS. This thread was started March 20, and still has not actually been answered. What does that tell you?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 03:46:51 PM by Scintific Method »

?

Scintific Method

• Trust, but verify.
« Reply #70 on: June 19, 2013, 03:35:42 AM »
Anyone?

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #71 on: June 19, 2013, 05:28:24 AM »
Have you read " Earth Not a Globe"? If you want to dismiss the information therein, why is that our problem?
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

?

Scintific Method

• Trust, but verify.
« Reply #72 on: June 19, 2013, 02:59:43 PM »
Have you read " Earth Not a Globe"? If you want to dismiss the information therein, why is that our problem?

Yes. I started a few threads in 'Debate' on various chapters in ENaG, going over some of the flawed reasoning and misconceptions it contained. Due to its unreliability and inaccuracy in many areas, I do not consider it proof.