Satellites don't exist?

• 56 Replies
Re: Satellites don't exist?
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2013, 02:28:01 PM »
Even some FErs accept that satillite exist. Why is it so hard for the rest of you to accept it. Even I accept satillites don't prove a round earth although it does make all the more likely. The flat earth theory would get a lot more credibility if it finally accepted space flight is possible. You can still have your conspiricy about NASA hiding the shape of the earth but let's face it you have no explanation for satilites rockets and space stations that come anywhere near matching our observations.

?

Thork

« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2013, 02:38:31 PM »
aaaannnddd......you guys lost. Seriously, you need to accept that we have satellites in "space", or the "upper atmolayer", or whatever. You guys are starting to look extremely silly denying all of this.
No. Look I have done all these threads dozens of times. You are quite welcome to use the search function to see my answers. When I see someone like Pythagoras or markjo who has been here years and starts wading in again, I just get bored and leave.

Much of the satellites can be explained by psuedolites and stratellites.
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php/topic,54299.msg1337266.html#msg1337266
Satellites can also be explained by reusable rockets that trace across the sky and are repositioned after use.
Its not space flight per se we have a problem with. Its orbit, because orbit requires a round earth. This leads to the hoaxing.

I'm kind of busy this evening so its about as much as you will get from me. There are plenty of other FErs who are too lazy to post, but I can't be expected to post all day every day.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2013, 06:41:39 PM »
Out of curiosity, I got the "ISS" information from NASA's website on a particular day not too long ago.  The site said it would be seen rising due South just before sunrise and would rise around 20 degrees, then would set at the same place where it came above the horizon.  I watched it and saw it do just as they said over the course of couple of minutes.

I thought it was in orbit?  Why would it poke up above the horizon and then set in the exact same place it rose from?  This does not seem like something an "orbiting satellite" would do.

?

darknavyseal

• Round Earth, for sure, maybe.
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2013, 07:31:16 PM »
Out of curiosity, I got the "ISS" information from NASA's website on a particular day not too long ago.  The site said it would be seen rising due South just before sunrise and would rise around 20 degrees, then would set at the same place where it came above the horizon.  I watched it and saw it do just as they said over the course of couple of minutes.

I thought it was in orbit?  Why would it poke up above the horizon and then set in the exact same place it rose from?  This does not seem like something an "orbiting satellite" would do.

I am not sure. I will look into it.

Side question: Where are you when you saw this? equator? north/south of equator?

?

darknavyseal

• Round Earth, for sure, maybe.
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2013, 07:37:50 PM »
aaaannnddd......you guys lost. Seriously, you need to accept that we have satellites in "space", or the "upper atmolayer", or whatever. You guys are starting to look extremely silly denying all of this.
No. Look I have done all these threads dozens of times. You are quite welcome to use the search function to see my answers. When I see someone like Pythagoras or markjo who has been here years and starts wading in again, I just get bored and leave.

Much of the satellites can be explained by psuedolites and stratellites.
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php/topic,54299.msg1337266.html#msg1337266
Satellites can also be explained by reusable rockets that trace across the sky and are repositioned after use.
Its not space flight per se we have a problem with. Its orbit, because orbit requires a round earth. This leads to the hoaxing.

I'm kind of busy this evening so its about as much as you will get from me. There are plenty of other FErs who are too lazy to post, but I can't be expected to post all day every day.

And yet it seems that you have this expression while reading our very compelling evidence.

Plus, almost all of those satellites dishes were pointing up slightly. Over a large distance, they will most definitely be pointing high in the sky.

Also, our satellite dish is also pointing south. I never thought about that before.

« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2013, 02:38:25 PM »

Depends, where are you?
Also, thanks for actually doing it, most would just ignore it.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2013, 04:15:24 AM »

Depends, where are you?
Also, thanks for actually doing it, most would just ignore it.

I checked it last night.  It said that the ISS would be visible visible this morning at 5:36 am, rising in the NE, and setting in the NE.  It would be visible for 1 minute and would rise to 64 degrees.  Why would it go straight up and then down?  I missed it by the way.  I meant to go watch, but did not make it on the roof in time.

By the way, I am in Georgia, USA.

« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2013, 04:25:16 AM »
Perhaps you could post a screen shoot with this information on it?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2013, 04:49:10 AM »
It is a text message on my phone.  But I am in Statesboro, Ga.  You can look it up yourself. 

Like I said, I did not see it this time.  It is just weird that it would come up over the horizon, rise for 60 degrees, then set in the same place.  I pretty much just went up and then down.

RealScientist

• Science does not care for Earth's shape
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2013, 05:03:23 AM »

This is the kind of information that NASA sends to those subscribed.
Time: Mon Mar 11 4:47 AM, Visible: 2 min, Max Height: 46 degrees, Appears: N, Disappears: NNE

Notice how they do not say "sets" anywhere. It says "appears" and "disappears". Generally the ISS appears on the horizon and disappears when it enters the Earth's shadow, or the other way around. I really don't know if jroa is making an honest mistake when he says that NASA told him the station would appear and disappear in the same place, or if he just tried to throw a curve ball at us.

« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2013, 05:13:56 AM »
i have to agree with RealScientist.

i have checked your location on this sight.

http://spaceflight1.nasa.gov/realdata/sightings/cities/view.cgi?country=United_States&region=Georgia&city=Statesboro#.UUWyYxySLns

what you are describing is indeed the track it is viewable not the rise and set locations.  its just highlighting the portion of the orbit it is viewable for at you location. it does not mention coming above or going below the horizon. if you draw a line in the sky between the two co ordinates provided it will be a smooth orbital path.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2013, 05:36:14 AM »
I already told you where I live.  You could have looked it up yourself, but fine.  Here is a screed shot of NASA's prediction of the ISS passing over my house this morning.

« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2013, 05:39:56 AM »
I know you did I looked for myself and provided the link to what I found.  ???

« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2013, 05:49:24 AM »
Yes well done its the same as the link I provided that you ignored along with the explanation two of us gave. The prediction isn't for when and where it goes a above and below the horizon its the prediction for when in its orbit it will be visible to you from  the ground before it passes into the earths shadow. It is a misunderstanding on your behalf. A easy one to make so fair enough.  But now you know.

Dog

• Literally a dog
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2013, 10:26:18 AM »
Well, that's overwhelming evidence haha. So they have yet to explain what it is we're seeing(nothing you guys have mentioned moves that fast and is that consistent), why GPS works in the middle of nowhere and when we don't have cell service, and the doppler shift.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2013, 05:42:12 AM »

Time: Mon Mar 11 4:47 AM, Visible: 2 min, Max Height: 46 degrees, Appears: N, Disappears: NNE

Notice how they do not say "sets" anywhere. It says "appears" and "disappears". Generally the ISS appears on the horizon and disappears when it enters the Earth's shadow, or the other way around. I really don't know if jroa is making an honest mistake when he says that NASA told him the station would appear and disappear in the same place, or if he just tried to throw a curve ball at us.

Are you saying that it just appears and disappears out of nowhere?

Should it not come over the horizon, cross the sky, and the set below the horizon in a different place, assuming that the Earth is round, or course?

« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2013, 05:49:57 AM »
No it's always their but once it enters the earths shadow it's no longer visible because its not reflecting light. The times and directions to look shown are not orbital tracks they are the portions of the orbital track it is visible.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2013, 05:55:39 AM »
No it's always their but once it enters the earths shadow it's no longer visible because its not reflecting light. The times and directions to look shown are not orbital tracks they are the portions of the orbital track it is visible.

That is odd.  Every time that I have observed the "ISS", it rose above the horizon and then set below the horizon.  Are you saying now that it just shows up leaves according to a shadow?  Would you please provide some evidence to this claim?

« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2013, 06:03:01 AM »
You provided the evidence with site you got your times from. Plot that onto the sky and you will see the track start at the horizon and end somewhere per your head. And in regards to seeing it set on the horizon it depends on your location time in the night time of year and orbit of the station at the time all these are variables that change how well you can see it when you can see it and for how long you can see it.
this is an example of a visible portion of its orbital track that stops while over head because it enters the earths shadow.
3rd of April
http://www.heavens-above.com/PassSummary.aspx?satid=25544&lat=0&lng=0&loc=Unspecified&alt=0&tz=UCT
http://www.heavens-above.com/passdetails.aspx?lat=0&lng=0&loc=Unspecified&alt=0&tz=UCT&satid=25544&mjd=56385.8289826968&type=V

and april 4th is an example of a visible track that goes from horizion to horizion
http://www.heavens-above.com/passdetails.aspx?lat=0&lng=0&loc=Unspecified&alt=0&tz=UCT&satid=25544&mjd=56386.7931944792&type=V

notice that the partial visible tracks are later at night and the horizon to horizon visible tracks are earlier on in the evening.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 06:27:35 AM by Pythagoras »

RealScientist

« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2013, 07:46:49 PM »

Are you saying that it just appears and disappears out of nowhere?

Should it not come over the horizon, cross the sky, and the set below the horizon in a different place, assuming that the Earth is round, or course?
The words "out of nowhere" are all yours. Of course the ISS comes over the horizon, crosses the sky and then sets below the horizon. But only for a small part of this trajectory will you have the ISS illuminated by the Sun and you will be at night. Otherwise you would see the ISS almost daily.

RealScientist

« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2013, 07:58:59 PM »

That is odd.  Every time that I have observed the "ISS", it rose above the horizon and then set below the horizon.  Are you saying now that it just shows up leaves according to a shadow?  Would you please provide some evidence to this claim?
Either you have a humongous telescope, like the one at Mount Palomar or something, or you are totally confused, or you are just plain lying.

A satellite crossing the shadow of the Earth is dark that I am not even sure a world-class telescope can see it with the light reflected by the moon.

The whole idea of this exercise is to have you FE'ers off your butts and making an observation by yourselves. Any evidence I might get will be dismissed as the workings of the Conspiracy. I cannot imagine a single object you might have seen going from horizon to horizon, not even a so-called shooting star, so I am pretty sure you are just lying. But please tell me any reason to take you seriously.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2013, 08:01:47 PM »
That is my point.  It doesn't make sense for it too come up over the horizon in the NE, rise 65 degrees, then drop straight down and go below the horizon at the same place it came from. 

« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2013, 08:04:38 PM »
That is my point.  It doesn't make sense for it too come up over the horizon in the NE, rise 65 degrees, then drop straight down and go below the horizon at the same place it came from. 

it dosent ??? have you read my post showing you with star charts what you are discribing?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 08:12:22 PM by Pythagoras »

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2013, 08:16:47 PM »

it dosent ??? have you read my post showing you with star charts what you are discribing?

I was responding to RealScientist.  Long quotes are pain on my phone.

RealScientist

« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2013, 04:43:31 AM »
It does not make sense because it comes from your very own head, and from no other place or person. Or maybe from another part of your body???

We have already explained to you that the ISS never dropped straight down to the same place where it came from. This is what I challenge you to say you saw with a straight face. You can only see it honestly if stoned.

The ISS probably came up over the horizon in the SW or nearby, too dim to see with almost any telescope because it was in the Earth's shadow, then became visible when around 65 degrees above the NE and reached the horizon on the NE. Or maybe the route was the other way around.

The day you see anything in the sky come up over the horizon and drop under the horizon at the same place, make sure you make a video and you are not stoned. You just might have seen good evidence of an alien spaceship.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2013, 05:30:43 AM »
Or a large helicopter.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2013, 02:58:03 PM »

um... starting to look silly?