Time Is Not On Your Side

• 20 Replies
Time Is Not On Your Side
« on: February 20, 2013, 03:45:45 PM »
Sending things to space is getting cheaper and cheaper and cheaper.

Welcome to space.1337arts.com — Project Icarus, home of the original $150 near-space launch!

http://space.1337arts.com/

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2009/09/the-150-space-camera-mit-students-beat-nasa-on-beer-money-budget/

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
Re: Time Is Not On Your Side
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 03:48:41 PM »
Interesting article, but how is this relevant to the fora you posted it in?

?

Thork

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 03:53:07 PM »
Actually I'd argue time is on our side. With round earther's proof of gravity in tatters and the elusive Higgs Boson remaining elusive, the LHC has been shut down last week for another 2 years.

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2243987/cern-shuts-down-lhc-after-three-years-of-operations

Long live Universal Acceleration.

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 04:52:38 PM »
The concept of a round Earth predates the standard model of physics by 2,000 years (see: Eratosthenes). Said concept is no more dependent on the standard model than it is on Newtonian mechanics, relativity, quantum loop gravity, string theory or M-theory.

Also the fact that the LHC is shutting down makes little difference, which you would know if you took the time to understand what you posted:

"Scientists won't be idle during the tunnel's shutdown: CERN's mass-storage systems are hanging onto 100 quadrillion bytes of data to analyze, most of which was acquired over the past year. CERN says that amount of data is equivalent to about 700 years' worth of HD-quality movies."
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 05:02:01 PM by Pluto »

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
  • Venerated Official of the High Zetetic Council
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 06:12:05 PM »
The concept of a round Earth predates the standard model of physics by 2,000 years (see: Eratosthenes). Said concept is no more dependent on the standard model than it is on Newtonian mechanics, relativity, quantum loop gravity, string theory or M-theory.

Argumentum ad antiquitatem. The length of time it's been believed for is irrelevant to its accuracy.

Furthermore, RET is absolutely dependent on the Standard Model. It's also dependent on Newtonian mechanics, relativity and Loop Quantum gravity. In fact, it could be argued that it's also dependent on string/M theory. If these things are not true, then astronomical observations are inconsistent with assumptions made regarding the shape of the Earth. Now, to be fair, these inconsistencies probably wouldn't point towards a flat Earth, because Newtonian mechanics and relativity are demonstrably real. Loop Quantum gravity not so much.

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 06:39:43 PM »
Argumentum ad antiquitatem. The length of time it's been believed for is irrelevant to its accuracy.

Wow... I never argued the Earth is round because it has been believed for a long time. Your reading comprehension is abysmal. Try re-reading my post a few more times.

RET is absolutely dependent on the Standard Model. It's also dependent on Newtonian mechanics, relativity and Loop Quantum gravity.

If the standard model is found to be flawed that doesn't mean the Earth is not round. This already happened with Newtonian mechanics... obviously the fact that Newtonian mechanics is technically wrong did not prove the Earth was not round.

I am not even going to delve into your string theory comment, that may be the most laughable thing I've seen on this forum.

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 07:06:11 PM »
most laughable thing you have seen on this forum?  ??? have you not read sceptics posts  ;D

but yes you are right the trend for space flight is for ever cheaper and more widespread access to space. but IF and thats a big if these people really think the earth is flat then im sure they are so indoctrinated that you could fly them into space and they would just tell you that NASA have invented a holo deck and they are inside it.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 07:08:15 PM by Pythagoras »

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 07:10:22 PM »
I would like to see an experimentally tested hypothesis on UA that is open to peer review.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2013, 07:38:36 PM »
you could fly them into space and they would just tell you that NASA have invented a holo deck and they are inside it.

Or NASA figured out how to Photoshop reality itself! Dun dun dun!

I would like to see an experimentally tested hypothesis on UA that is open to peer review.

I know what you mean. Some guy above is making a big deal out of finding a microscopic higgs particle which may have already been found, when they can't even offer a single map of a flat Earth that works... It's kind of sad really.

edit:

Countdown for space tourism ignites at Spaceport America, Las Cruces
http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/larkslist/2013/jan/29/countdown-space-tourism-ignites-spaceport-america-/#ixzz2LVBk1vfU

Looks like they're almost finished with that holodeck you were talking about.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 07:49:55 PM by Pluto »

?

a

• My bid is five, five cacti
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2013, 09:51:37 AM »
most laughable thing you have seen on this forum?  ??? have you not read sceptics posts  ;D

but yes you are right the trend for space flight is for ever cheaper and more widespread access to space. but IF and thats a big if these people really think the earth is flat then im sure they are so indoctrinated that you could fly them into space and they would just tell you that NASA have invented a holo deck and they are inside it.

I was thinking about your exact statement yesterday. No joke. Good point too.

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2013, 09:56:49 AM »

I was thinking about your exact statement yesterday. No joke. Good point too.

i have even found the technology they can say NASA uses to fool them! wow arnt i good to FE
i guess if we have this tech now then as all good conspiracy s say NASA/military must have had it 30 years ago right?
http://techland.time.com/2013/02/25/cave2-not-a-star-trek-holodeck-yet-but-getting-closer/

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2013, 10:25:53 AM »
Actually I'd argue time is on our side. With round earther's proof of gravity in tatters and the elusive Higgs Boson remaining elusive, the LHC has been shut down last week for another 2 years.

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2243987/cern-shuts-down-lhc-after-three-years-of-operations

Thork, incorrect.

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/143497-cern-now-99-999999999-sure-it-has-found-the-higgs-boson

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2013, 12:00:48 PM »

Thork, incorrect.

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/143497-cern-now-99-999999999-sure-it-has-found-the-higgs-boson

He's ignoring that UA doesn't work either, since the earth can be accelerating at 9.807 m/s, or 9.82 m/2, or 9.78m/s, but not all three at once, which people like Thork claim. Just how fast is the earth accelerating, Thork? Pick a number!
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.
I am pompous, self-righteous, thin skinned, and smug.

?

Thork

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2013, 12:07:30 PM »
He's ignoring that UA doesn't work either, since the earth can be accelerating at 9.807 m/s, or 9.82 m/2, or 9.78m/s, but not all three at once, which people like Thork claim.
I have almost 15,000 posts. Find an example of where I stated the earth can be acceleration at more than one speed at once. If you bothered to find out my opinion (which you didn't) you'd know I advocate UNIVERSAL acceleration. IE the acceleration is the same everywhere. Variable gravity is a joke. Gravity is a constant. You are taught that at school at it shows up in all mathematics.

If your constants aren't constant, could you round earthers at least reassure me that your variables do indeed vary?

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2013, 12:18:49 PM »
He's ignoring that UA doesn't work either, since the earth can be accelerating at 9.807 m/s, or 9.82 m/2, or 9.78m/s, but not all three at once, which people like Thork claim.
I have almost 15,000 posts. Find an example of where I stated the earth can be acceleration at more than one speed at once. If you bothered to find out my opinion (which you didn't) you'd know I advocate UNIVERSAL acceleration. IE the acceleration is the same everywhere. Variable gravity is a joke. Gravity is a constant. You are taught that at school at it shows up in all mathematics.

If your constants aren't constant, could you round earthers at least reassure me that your variables do indeed vary?

If you can't understand that gravity is a constant as a fundamental force without understanding that does not equate with being the same everywhere, then you're not qualified to comment on any matter regarding it.
Pick a number, Thork! What's the exact value of UA?
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.

?

Thork

« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2013, 12:26:10 PM »

If you can't understand that gravity is a constant as a fundamental force without understanding that does not equate with being the same everywhere, then you're not qualified to comment on any matter regarding it.
Pick a number, Thork! What's the exact value of UA?
Then what constant do you pick for your fundamental force? I'll have that number as my value of UA please.

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2013, 12:28:24 PM »
G = 6.673×10-11 N m2 kg-2

Other wise known as G
Not to be confused as g

Your turn ;D
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 12:30:04 PM by Pythagoras »

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2013, 12:31:52 PM »

Lol. Gravitational acceleration is not constant. The gravitational constant (6.67398 × 10^-11) is.

g=m*G/r^2

Gravitional Acceleration = Mass of object * Gravitational Constant / Radius of object ^ 2

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2013, 03:00:56 PM »

THey found the higgs boson last year.

Im a tractor

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2013, 04:01:58 PM »

Other wise known as G
Not to be confused as g

Your turn ;D

Thork can't answer because his figure for the UA needs to be in metres per second per second, and he can't get that from your units. You have effectively demonstrated my claim that Thork doesn't understand the meaning of constants in this context. Thank you!

?

Megaman

• Winning all the forums
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2013, 02:34:28 AM »

Other wise known as G
Not to be confused as g

Your turn ;D

Thork can't answer because his figure for the UA needs to be in metres per second per second, and he can't get that from your units. You have effectively demonstrated my claim that Thork doesn't understand the meaning of constants in this context. Thank you!

Indeed!