I'm resigning.

• 79 Replies

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
Re: I'm resigning.
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2013, 05:49:14 PM »
Psh you might think so until the only creature on earth that has the knowledge to save it is a fish.  Then who will need ol' aquaman.

Probably the most sane thing you've posted in a while.

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #61 on: April 25, 2013, 12:35:07 PM »
Cant wait to preview the book. Godspeed  Davis.

Thanks!  The first chapter is done, but I keep rewriting portions of it.  I'm just not comfortable that the message is getting through and is clear.
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

?

Thork

« Reply #62 on: April 25, 2013, 12:48:00 PM »
The first chapter? Its taken 5 years to write the first chapter?

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #63 on: April 25, 2013, 12:51:32 PM »
The first chapter? Its taken 5 years to write the first chapter?
Its taken my whole life until now to write the first chapter, and the book.

When I talk of writing I chiefly refer to two things:  rewriting and organization.  Up until now I was assembling and abstracting data sets.  Now its mostly rewriting and organizing it all.

As far as putting my "pen to paper" the vast sum of the first chapter was written in a day. 

Large sections and layouts of the remaining text are already done, but I'm releasing this to certain individuals on a case by case, chapter by chapter basis.  As such, I have to finish the first chapter to what I feel is a suitable level of work.

Also of note is that the first chapter is newer material (to me) and has less age than much of the rest of the work.  As such it requires greater thought.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 12:56:38 PM by John Davis »

?

Thork

« Reply #64 on: April 25, 2013, 01:16:02 PM »
Stephen Hawking wrote A Brief History of Time in 6 years, during which time he had major surgery removing much of his throat after developing pneumonia, underwent a massive software upgrade and he wrote it all using only a muscle in his cheek.

After 5 years you give us the first draft of one chapter.

*Nugget of the day. Hawking's book was published on April Fool's Day, 1988. At least the conspiracy has a sense of humour.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2013, 01:19:30 PM »
No Thork, I give you nothing.

?

Thork

« Reply #66 on: April 25, 2013, 01:25:03 PM »
That's a tough blow. I shall have to do without the unfinished rantings of a vodka saturated tramp. :(
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 01:27:54 PM by Thork »

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #67 on: April 25, 2013, 01:29:00 PM »
Excellent.  Its not for kids anyways.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #68 on: April 25, 2013, 02:45:48 PM »
That's a tough blow. I shall have to do without the unfinished rantings of a vodka saturated tramp. :(

Someone sounds bitter.

Lorddave

« Reply #69 on: April 26, 2013, 04:01:57 AM »
John, I fear your book is suffering from project creep. You should really limit yourself on how many revisions and additions you make or you risk never finishing.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

?

Thork

« Reply #70 on: April 26, 2013, 07:00:13 AM »

Someone sounds bitter.
He was mean to me. I just lashed out. :(

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #71 on: April 26, 2013, 07:10:56 AM »
John, I fear your book is suffering from project creep. You should really limit yourself on how many revisions and additions you make or you risk never finishing.

I was just talking this over yesterday with my significant other.   You are absolutely right. 

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #72 on: April 26, 2013, 09:23:02 AM »
If you're concerned about updating or revising your ideas to this extent, then a book might not the proper medium for you to express them.  Have you considered trying out a kind of a periodical format?  You could publish your thoughts an article at a time, which would give you room to let your readers know about any new developments as they occur.

Genius

• Professor of Geniustology
« Reply #73 on: April 26, 2013, 09:54:33 AM »

I was just talking this over yesterday with my significant other.   You are absolutely right.

r u gay
The earth is round because the space man said so.

?

Thork

« Reply #74 on: April 26, 2013, 09:57:59 AM »

r u gay
That's hardly any of your business and you will not be able to determine the earth's shape from the answer.

Genius

« Reply #75 on: April 26, 2013, 12:01:42 PM »

r u gay
That's hardly any of your business and you will not be able to determine the earth's shape from the answer.

You don't know that.

« Reply #76 on: April 26, 2013, 05:06:36 PM »
TFES is does not have any prejudice against sexual preference.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #77 on: April 26, 2013, 07:27:32 PM »

r u gay

r u dumb? The answer is yes. Everyone asks you to stop being dumb. The project is a resounding success between now and your next post.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
  • The dopest founding father.
« Reply #78 on: April 26, 2013, 11:09:10 PM »

r u gay
I will hurt you.

Genius

« Reply #79 on: April 27, 2013, 03:09:02 AM »
It would appear "r u gay" seem to become "F*** you, faggot" to some people. It wasn't even meant to be answered, anyway, like I care where he sticks shit.