Possibilities of finding new civilizations

• 60 Replies
Possibilities of finding new civilizations
« on: February 08, 2013, 04:50:14 PM »
Hello.
Might it be possible of finding new civilizations if the earth is flat?
The flat earth society says the edge of the flat earth is antartica being a wall of ice and extending to infinity.
Thinking back then, explorators thought they could reach India going West from Europe and they found America.
This whole theory about a flat earth says the limit is a wall of ice going infinitely into some extreme cold weather.
How then could explorators like Columbus have found America if the edges of the earth was a wall of ice?
Some might joke he did not find it but did found it.
Thank you for some serious answers.

?

Nolhekh

• Animator
Re: Possibilities of finding new civilizations
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 05:20:04 PM »
Hello.
The flat earth society says the edge of the flat earth is antartica being a wall of ice and extending to infinity.
Thinking back then, explorators thought they could reach India going West from Europe and they found America.
This whole theory about a flat earth says the limit is a wall of ice going infinitely into some extreme cold weather.
How then could explorators like Columbus have found America if the edges of the earth was a wall of ice?

Flat earth theory holds that the earth has a magnetic field, like with Round Earth Theory, and this field guides compasses.  If Columbus followed his compass westward, the magnetic field would guide him in a circle until he came upon the Americas.

?

burt

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2013, 05:51:13 AM »
Hello.

Flat earth theory holds that the earth has a magnetic field, like with Round Earth Theory, and this field guides compasses.  If Columbus followed his compass westward, the magnetic field would guide him in a circle until he came upon the Americas.

Good answer! although seriously off-point. I think if there is a magnetic field that the earth does not go on forever, unless earth has some wicked-mad electro-magnetic magical generator.

?

Nolhekh

• Animator
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 06:55:36 AM »
Hello.

Good answer! although seriously off-point. I think if there is a magnetic field that the earth does not go on forever, unless earth has some wicked-mad electro-magnetic magical generator.

An infinite flat earth could have many magnetic sources, with suns and possibly life and intelligent life.

?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2013, 08:35:12 AM »
Strangely enough, this is the theory I'd be tempted to go with and it would explain a lot of stuff about our history as well.

I believe the theory of the antarctic, or what we have become to know about it, is really all around a flat disc like Earth, yet I believe it is much wider and possibly more Earth beyond that too, all the way around. It could literally be absolutely huge, spanning thousands of or Earth's around it.

Before anyone writes this off as poppy cock, it is just a hypothesis and could have some validity to it.
Maybe we are looking up at Alien planets when we really should be looking across, all around, past the Antarctic ice barrier.
What's to say, that the Earth plus surrounding areas aren't like a stack of pennies touching each other edge to edge.
Sounds mad I know, but who the hell knows for sure.

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2013, 08:40:09 AM »
Antarctica isn't a barrier it's a continent at the bottom of the earth so how world we look past it? Bit of a silly statement realy. ???

?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2013, 08:53:54 AM »
Antarctica isn't a barrier it's a continent at the bottom of the earth so how world we look past it? Bit of a silly statement realy. ???
Nobody knows how wide it is. How far it spans. It could, in theory span out for hundreds of thousands of miles and be so cold that there is a point that nobody can pass, or maybe it's still far enough that no craft we possess can get to the outer edge.
Who really knows.
Maybe there's other Earth type discs in a pattern and they have their own Antarctica type outer that is married into ours, yet we cannot get to it as each Earth has it's own magnetic barrier or something. Maybe they all have their own Suns.
It might sound like fantasy but trying to figure this planet out has involved much fantasy or there wouldn;t be so many theories as to what it actually really is.

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2013, 09:02:02 AM »
you seem to be confusing the words "nobody know"s with the right words "you dont know". in the real world we know the adsact dimensions of the continent. hundreds of thousands of people have been thier. its is constanly bieng explored flown over circumnavigated by ships. and no one has ever found it to be 60.000 miles around. or infinately deep to the point that monster storms force them back. so ye we do know. sucks to be you.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2013, 09:21:32 AM »
Interestingly enough, I think Chris Spaghetti was the first one who proposed this theory, albeit in a work of fiction (The Book).  It's definitely a possibility.

?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2013, 09:24:24 AM »
you seem to be confusing the words "nobody know"s with the right words "you dont know". in the real world we know the adsact dimensions of the continent. hundreds of thousands of people have been thier. its is constanly bieng explored flown over circumnavigated by ships. and no one has ever found it to be 60.000 miles around. or infinately deep to the point that monster storms force them back. so ye we do know. sucks to be you.
You only know what you have been told or read.

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2013, 09:27:04 AM »
i would agree with you if it was 1 2 or 3 people that only knew but it isnt. hundreds of thousands maby more have been thier and have never described anything other that what is accepted in the real world. show me evidence of somone saying that the circumnavigation was far longer than it should have been. or any other inconsistancy for that matter.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
  • Venerated Official of the High Zetetic Council
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2013, 09:49:47 AM »
It's certainly possible, at least in the infinite plane theories. Personally as a proponent of AWT I don't believe it to be the case.

?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2013, 10:57:22 AM »
i would agree with you if it was 1 2 or 3 people that only knew but it isnt. hundreds of thousands maby more have been thier and have never described anything other that what is accepted in the real world. show me evidence of somone saying that the circumnavigation was far longer than it should have been. or any other inconsistancy for that matter.
Hundreds of thousands of people have been on an ice covered "area"...only a few can say they have been to the other edge, so what does that tell you.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2013, 11:46:45 AM »
It's certainly possible, at least in the infinite plane theories. Personally as a proponent of AWT I don't believe it to be the case.

Aether whirlpool theory?

?

burt

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2013, 05:37:57 PM »
Hello.

An infinite flat earth could have many magnetic sources, with suns and possibly life and intelligent life.

How? Where?

?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2013, 04:00:41 AM »
Could be as far fetched as hell but who in the hell knows?

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2013, 05:46:09 PM »
Could be as far fetched as hell but who in the hell knows?

This is a very interesting drawing, however infinite earth does not have to be all disc shaped, beyond Antarctica there also could be one endless continent that could stretching for billions of miles, even light years. If the earth is infinite plane, there surely are other habitable worlds, but they don't have to resemble a disc.
"You think you are good, you think you are on the right path, but you are not."
John Seed

?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2013, 02:37:23 AM »
I agree, it doesn't have to be anything like I've drew and it could equally be a billion miles away from my thoughts.
The trouble is, we are too primitive to really understand what it all really is and we have to ask ourselves...does anyone know anything from our ancient history as to what this earth actually is, in it's entirety.
It's mind numbing just trying to piece stuff together but interesting all the same.

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2013, 11:34:24 AM »
sceptimatic, most of what you say is uninformed non-sense, but I will agree in one respect: we have a primitive understanding of Earth because of centuries of the Catholic Church manipulating the scientific community into perpetuating the hoax. Perhaps the new Pope will open up the vault and expose the cover-up, but that's doubtful.

?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2013, 12:22:50 PM »
sceptimatic, most of what you say is uninformed non-sense, but I will agree in one respect: we have a primitive understanding of Earth because of centuries of the Catholic Church manipulating the scientific community into perpetuating the hoax. Perhaps the new Pope will open up the vault and expose the cover-up, but that's doubtful.
Much of what I say could indeed be absolute 100% none-sense but then again, the same applies to all of us, regardless of people believing they are smarter than others because their math adds up.

The point of the matter is, we could be an infinite flat earth or we could be side by side connected to another earth, or two or 20, 100, 500, 10,000, 1 million or endless and yet it seems pathetic to even say, yet Stephen Hawking despite not being able to communicate other than to murmur since he was 20 or so, somehow manages to come up with, " the universe started from NOTHING."

The so called smart people, who can do complicated equations, sit and listen to a computer telling them any old crap and shout, " hear hear."

In our primitive minds, the universe cannot end, because there must be something at the end, so why not an earth that never ends and we are so special that we sit anchored at the bottom of the universe and under us is approximately 268 trillion trillion trillion miles of rock, iron, lava and whatever else is there.

Of course it sounds like poppy cock... but is it any less feasible than a universe starting from absolutely nothing?
Math can be made up for gravity, when nobody knows what the hell it actually is.
One thing that does appear unexplainable, is how everything appears to be in place to sustain life on this earth, as if it was the chosen place, yet it could be one of a trillion just like it, or out of the trillions upon trillions of things that are out there, we might have been the one place where everything just clicked into place and life grew and slowly adapted to it, until we got where we are.

Equally, we could be the second civilisation of beings that have got to this advanced stage, or maybe the first set were more advanced before some wipe out.
Maybe we are the tenth civilisation and hundreds of thousands, or millions or billions of years have passed where we just seem to get to a full on advanced stage, that we become too advanced to actually co-exist or succumb to a virus due to our immune systems being rendered useless because of our ease of life and scrubbing our bodies  with detergents.

We really know nothing, yet we can imagine all sorts of scenarios, from all kinds of shapes of the Earth, to all kinds of possible civilisations that may have existed before.

Take my diagram for instance. Imagine it was like that and earth like discs existed next to ours and civilisations are  earth hopping, some managing to find the technology to somehow leap frog to the next earth after raping this one, only for it to replenish itself after thousands or millions of years...and here we are again finding remains of strange humanoid skulls and artefacts, plus fossils.

It's all fantasy world I admit but how much could be true or skirting a truth?

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2013, 02:45:15 PM »
Many things in science is a fairy tale. The biggest hoax is a theory of evolution. They took the God out of equation and proclaimed that men evolved from an ape. lol Sorry this is not science, more like Satanism. So if they lied to us about evolution, they most likely lied about the shape of the earth and the universe all together. They most likely lied about what the sun is, what the stars are, and what the planets are. in Genesis chapter 1 it says "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth" It does not mention any other planet nor space with planets. The earth and heavens are the only two creations mentioned. One can argue that heavens refer to universe and galaxies, on the other hand it can also be argued that heavens simply referred to earth's sky. The earth is mentioned as a single creation. Is it possible that Genesis is trying to tell us that the earth is infect an infinite plane with constant sky above it called heavens? I think its very possible.

However we also read about the fall of mankind and loss of paradise, the eviction from the garden of Eden. Is it possible that this event refers to a dimensional shift of some sort where earth changed its form into a small globe we have today? Is it possible that once infinite paradise earth, later became a globe in dark space (lower dimension) I think it makes sense.

I believe that the original earth that God created was indeed infinite in size, may be it looked something like the drawing that was posted here. However later the earth moved into a lower dimensional frequency as a result of man's disobedience so to speak, although this is all symbolic. The lower dimensional reality is a sphere or a globe earth that we experience today.  But the time will come when the original infinite earth with all its worlds will be remade, at this point paradise will be brought back and mankind will be able to experience infinite earth, rather then a tiny globe isolated in vast space.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 02:49:11 PM by New Earth »
John Seed

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2013, 03:58:29 PM »
There seems to be an influx of infinite earth topics arising lately.  It is a respected flat-earth model, but the supports aren't super-active right now.  I'm not sure how far these topics will proceed.   :-\

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2013, 07:51:13 PM »
They took the God out of equation and proclaimed that men evolved from an ape.

*sigh*  Why do people insist on perpetuating this misconception?  Evolution says that humans and apes had a common ancestor, not that humans evolved from apes.  Seriously, if you want to discredit a theory, at least learn what it says first.  Also, who are you to say that evolution isn't God's doing?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2013, 02:02:34 AM »

*sigh*  Why do people insist on perpetuating this misconception?  Evolution says that humans and apes had a common ancestor, not that humans evolved from apes.  Seriously, if you want to discredit a theory, at least learn what it says first.  Also, who are you to say that evolution isn't God's doing?

To say that apes and humans had common ancestor is the same attempt to take God out of the picture. There is no evolution and yes it is not God's doing. Bible is very clear how mankind was created, Genesis tells us that God made man from the dust of the earth. It also says that God made each creature according to its various kind, this clearly shows that there was never any evolution.
John Seed

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2013, 05:33:26 AM »

To say that apes and humans had common ancestor is the same attempt to take God out of the picture. There is no evolution and yes it is not God's doing. Bible is very clear how mankind was created, Genesis tells us that God made man from the dust of the earth. It also says that God made each creature according to its various kind, this clearly shows that there was never any evolution.

It also said that Noah took ALL the animals 2x2 on to his Ark. Do you believe this also?

How did they all fit?
How long did it take to travel the earth and collect them all?
Was it really every single land animal on that boat?

I love hearing how Creationists and bible literalists explain that one.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2013, 06:18:46 AM »

Yes, because if evolution was God's doing then the authors of Genesis would have been capable of explaining the intricacies of evolutionary biology in a way that the common people of the time would have been able to understand.  ::)
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2013, 07:08:24 AM »

It also said that Noah took ALL the animals 2x2 on to his Ark. Do you believe this also?

How did they all fit?

God was involved, so the answer is magic.

RealScientist

• Science does not care for Earth's shape
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2013, 07:18:47 AM »

How did they all fit?

I am particularly interested in how koalas and kangaroos swam through the Pacific Ocean, walked all the way across Asia, and then jumped into the Ark to avoid having to learn to swim in the first place. And did pandas learn to eat something other than bamboo so they could walk all the way across Asia to make a trip on a boat and then walk all the way back to their homeland, where bamboo had died under the flood, and survived until now to be endangered because they can't eat anything other than bamboo?

I thought that the animals were summoned by God and walked to the Ark by themselves, but I see no way the idea of an Ark works either way. Maybe God is a fan of Rube Goldberg and his incredibly complex machines to do simple tasks. God could have just electrocuted everyone with an intelligent bolt of lightning, or use the same magic that killed every single Egyptian first born without harming a single second born.

If you want simple answers, the Jews did not know a single thing about how complex the Ark project was, and made their God look stupid because of their own naivete when writing a bad novel.

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2013, 02:16:31 PM »
BTW New Earth

Sorry, but because you stated "Many things in science is a fairy tale." you will have to accept some retaliation from our side.

If you want to talk fairytales, myself and it seems a couple of others, would like to take you up on that.
Let's talk fairy tales... starting with Noah's magic ark.

How exactly did it work, how did it happen, and how does the bible explain it?

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2013, 02:39:42 PM »
[quote user="G-d"]
Make thee an ark of gopher wood; rooms shalt thou make in the ark, and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch.

And this is the fashion which thou shalt make it of: The length of the ark shall be three hundred cubits, the breadth of it fifty cubits, and the height of it thirty cubits.

A window shalt thou make to the ark, and in a cubit shalt thou finish it above; and the door of the ark shalt thou set in the side thereof; with lower, second, and third stories shalt thou make it.
[/quote]

It took Noah 120 years. A lot can be done in that time. And it wasn't like it needed a rudder or sails. It just needed to be watertight and be able to float.