TESO

• 715 Replies

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
Re: TESO
« Reply #630 on: November 25, 2013, 11:24:19 AM »
According to an info site I read, after a faction gains control of the Imperial City, players can continue with a quest to launch an attack against Mehrunes Dagon, the one trying to reel Tamriel into Cold Harbor.

Molag Bal.  Dagon's plan was in Oblivion.

Alchemist21

• tfes.org
« Reply #631 on: November 25, 2013, 11:25:41 AM »
Whoops.  My bad.
tfes.org

« Reply #632 on: November 25, 2013, 01:19:00 PM »
Has anyone checked how Skyrim looks compared to TES:V? Everything in the right place?

???

They meant Skyrim's geography in TESO compared to its geography in TES:V.

oh  :-[
I have trouble getting my point across sometimes. But seeing as both Alchemist and Saddam (I assume) got what I was talking about, I guess I was clear enough.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #633 on: November 25, 2013, 01:38:23 PM »
You weren't specific, but it was obvious what you were talking about.  I hadn't even realized that Blanko hadn't understood you.  I thought the confused smiley he posted was referring to you bringing up a supposedly unimportant detail.

?

Blanko

• Terrorist
« Reply #634 on: November 25, 2013, 02:11:44 PM »
Yeah, that's exactly it h4h4h4

« Reply #635 on: November 25, 2013, 02:19:25 PM »
I thought the confused smiley he posted was referring to you bringing up a supposedly unimportant detail.
But it's not unimportant. :(

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #636 on: November 25, 2013, 02:48:11 PM »
The Aldmeri Dominion will invade and conquer Skyrim, and the Dunmer won't do anything about it.

Rushy

« Reply #637 on: November 25, 2013, 08:45:19 PM »
What team are you guys playing as? We must form an unstoppable FES guild.

« Reply #638 on: November 25, 2013, 09:32:28 PM »
What team are you guys playing as? We must form an unstoppable FES guild.
None. But if I were to play, I'd be Ebonheart.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #639 on: November 26, 2013, 06:48:05 AM »
I might play it if they lower the fee or adopt a hybrid model or something.

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #640 on: November 26, 2013, 09:24:02 AM »
I might play it, so long as I can be a hermit circumambulating Tamriel, far away from other human players.

i.e. if I can play it as a single-player game. I don't care for MMORPGs

« Reply #641 on: November 26, 2013, 09:27:17 AM »
I might play it, so long as I can be a hermit circumambulating Tamriel, far away from other human players.

Sorry, no unrestricted circumambulation for you. You're confined to the territory controlled by your faction, until you complete your faction's main quest, or something.

« Reply #642 on: November 26, 2013, 09:49:37 AM »
And there they lost one more potential customer.

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #643 on: November 26, 2013, 10:28:19 AM »
That's a pretty weak reason to jump off the wagon.
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

« Reply #644 on: November 26, 2013, 12:19:05 PM »
The monthly subscription is the only reason I'm off. I'll just wait until it suffers the same fate as Startrek Online and SWTOR, as it no doubt eventually will.

« Reply #645 on: November 26, 2013, 01:23:55 PM »

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #646 on: November 26, 2013, 01:27:48 PM »

Sorry, no unrestricted circumambulation for you. You're confined to the territory controlled by your faction, until you complete your faction's main quest, or something.

Well that's shit. That eliminates any and all role playing not concerned with the war, or playing as a spy behind enemy lines, or playing as a sellsword, or playing as someone who abhors the war and ignores it until some random quest or another forces me to pick a side "For the sake of peace and sanity.".

Basically, one of the main reasons I like the Elder Scrolls games, or indeed any freeroaming RPG, the roleplaying element.

DuckDodgers

« Reply #647 on: November 26, 2013, 01:54:36 PM »
Instead of taking part in the war directly you can choose to become a smith or clother or alchemist and simply go about the country gathering mats to make stuff for people.  You can report your own troop's movements to the enemy via guild chat (presumably the account wide guild doesn't depend on being the same faction).  You can be a sellsword literally selling your services to other players. ESO is an MMO and will have a lot of the downfalls of an MMO, the community, but that doesn't mean it's restrictive on what you want to do.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #648 on: November 26, 2013, 02:00:19 PM »

Well that's shit. That eliminates any and all role playing not concerned with the war, or playing as a spy behind enemy lines, or playing as a sellsword, or playing as someone who abhors the war and ignores it until some random quest or another forces me to pick a side "For the sake of peace and sanity.".

Basically, one of the main reasons I like the Elder Scrolls games, or indeed any freeroaming RPG, the roleplaying element.

You can ignore the war if you want to.  You just can't go wandering into the other factions' territories.  Which makes sense, given the circumstances.  They're hardly going to take you at your word when you say something like "Oh, I'm not actually allied with the rest of my race.  I'm neutral, honest!  So could you let me in?"

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #649 on: November 26, 2013, 02:11:50 PM »

You can ignore the war if you want to.  You just can't go wandering into the other factions' territories.  Which makes sense, given the circumstances.  They're hardly going to take you at your word when you say something like "Oh, I'm not actually allied with the rest of my race.  I'm neutral, honest!  So could you let me in?"

There are ways to do it which could be quite cool, if you are an Imperial and you wander into Mer territory, your character should be treated like a criminal (Similar to the way faction loyalties worked in New Vegas) but if it's an invisible wall then that would be gamebreaking for me.

To be honest, TESO shouldn't cater itself for the likes of me, I've never liked MMORPGs and I doubt this one will change my mind.

Alchemist21

• tfes.org
« Reply #650 on: November 26, 2013, 02:12:56 PM »
TESO- The game that lets anyone be a racist bastard!
tfes.org

DuckDodgers

« Reply #651 on: November 26, 2013, 02:15:44 PM »
I imagine there are guards between boarders that you can sneak past or kill to enter other nations, but you'll be in hostile territory and always in threat of being attacked.

« Reply #652 on: November 26, 2013, 02:27:00 PM »

There are ways to do it which could be quite cool, if you are an Imperial and you wander into Mer territory, your character should be treated like a criminal (Similar to the way faction loyalties worked in New Vegas) but if it's an invisible wall then that would be gamebreaking for me.

To be honest, TESO shouldn't cater itself for the likes of me, I've never liked MMORPGs and I doubt this one will change my mind.
You can't play as Imperial though.

Alchemist21

• tfes.org
« Reply #653 on: November 26, 2013, 03:08:13 PM »
Are the racial abilities similar to Skyrim, or have they changed quite a bit?
tfes.org

Rushy

« Reply #654 on: November 26, 2013, 05:54:55 PM »
Still trying to download this huge-ass game. For this much storage the game better have such great graphics that my monitor turns into a portal to another universe.

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #655 on: November 27, 2013, 12:52:28 AM »

You can't play as Imperial though.

Eh? I thought one of the factions you could play as was the empire in defence of Cyrodill?

God, this sounds worse and worse.

« Reply #656 on: November 27, 2013, 03:47:19 AM »

Supertails

• what do i put here
« Reply #657 on: November 27, 2013, 02:47:22 PM »
Still trying to download this huge-ass game. For this much storage the game better have such great graphics that my monitor turns into a portal to another universe.

Er...it's like 20GB. Welcome to last-gen gaming?
Recently listened to:

DuckDodgers

« Reply #658 on: November 27, 2013, 06:04:18 PM »
My loader ended up downloading it about 3 or 4 different times, not sure if I have 3 or 4 20 gig file sitting on my computer though.

Rushy

« Reply #659 on: November 27, 2013, 06:29:10 PM »
Er...it's like 20GB. Welcome to last-gen gaming?

It's 27.1GB, actually. 27.1GB is a shitload for any game, even 20GB is too much. What the fuck kind of games are you downloading? Even Battlefield 4 isn't that storage hungry and Battlefield is notorious for having the shittiest compression and optimization ratios a game can have.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 06:31:05 PM by Rushy »