How "satellites" works.

• 106 Replies

Dr.Nor

• Yes, i am a guru
How "satellites" works.
« on: February 01, 2013, 02:53:19 PM »
This post is not open for discussion. If you don't understand how "satellites" works after a study of my painting, you don't understand anything.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Sir Th*rk is a sexy hero. And his voice is warm and husky like dark melted chocolate.

Re: How "satellites" works.
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 03:01:24 PM »
well i admier your effort. it must have taken you quite a while, whaterver it is. ???

Dog

• Literally a dog
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 03:08:03 PM »
The return of Picasso!

Dr.Nor

• Yes, i am a guru
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 03:11:12 PM »
well i admier your effort. it must have taken you quite a while, whaterver it is. ???

Which part didn't you understand?
Sir Th*rk is a sexy hero. And his voice is warm and husky like dark melted chocolate.

Dr.Nor

• Yes, i am a guru
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 03:12:04 PM »
The return of Picasso!

Thanks mate :)

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 04:37:31 PM »
I'm convinced.
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.
I am pompous, self-righteous, thin skinned, and smug.

Dr.Nor

• Yes, i am a guru
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2013, 05:29:08 PM »
I'm convinced.

Glad to hear that from you, my dear friend :)

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2013, 07:54:36 PM »
Id like to know more about these laser based radio signal antennas. ::)
Im a tractor

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2013, 04:06:19 AM »
Evidence of anything here???

Where these radio laser signal antenna doodads? Surely they must be visible somewhere on the earth

Wolf

• Flat Earth non-believer
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2013, 06:15:06 AM »
Wow.

I understood how satellites work, but now I don't after studying your painting.

I don't understand anything. Nothing. There is not a thing I understand. I am the least understanding person who ever lived because the sum total of what I understand is 0. Maybe some day I'll understand something again, but for now I don't understand anything.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 06:24:29 AM by Wolf »
lol - they actually believe the earth is flat!

Wolf

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2013, 06:26:31 AM »
I don't understand this, but I can deduce it from the painting:
John is Dr. Nor. Knut is John's boyfriend.

Dr.Nor

• Yes, i am a guru
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2013, 06:34:19 AM »

Where these radio laser signal antenna doodads? Surely they must be visible somewhere on the earth

Of course they ar visible. You can see that in my artwork. In real life they are white, but i have used my artistic freedom to change the color. They are relativly small, and located very close to the ice wall, so you could almost say that they are invisible.

Dr.Nor

• Yes, i am a guru
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2013, 06:44:34 AM »
Wow.

I take that as a compliment. Thanks  :)
I don't understand this, but I can deduce it from the painting:
John is Dr. Nor. Knut is John's boyfriend.

Incorrect. John is a swedish telephone salesman, and Knut is a norwegian actor. They don't know each other.

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2013, 06:51:48 AM »

Of course they ar visible. You can see that in my artwork. In real life they are white, but i have used my artistic freedom to change the color. They are relativly small, and located very close to the ice wall, so you could almost say that they are invisible.

Alryt then data from normal terrestrial areas send there signal how? Thats an awful long way to send data from mobile devices and the such

Wolf

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2013, 07:04:23 AM »
Incorrect. John is a swedish telephone salesman, and Knut is a norwegian actor. They don't know each other.

Allow me to retort.

"Hi John" and "Hi Knut" is friendly talk between people who know each other well.
In the painting John and Knut are drawn close to each other (almost touching), but on the earth they are on different sides.
John and Knut seem happy and content with how satellites work.
Dorothy is shown to be unintelligent.
The painting was done by a male and the female (Dorothy) is looked down on.
The other female is drowning.
In the painting John is gesturing to Knut and Knut's head seems to pop up in excited response.
John is the first male to be named, so this leads me to believe that John is the artist's projection of himself.
The moon is directly over the centre of John and Knut and moonlight is indicative of "romance".

There is no evidence of Knut or John's occupations, nor is there evidence that they do not know each other. The attempted denial of the fact is yet more evidence of the truth.

Thus, with overwhelming evidence, John is Dr. Nor and Knut is John's boyfriend (of course Dr. Nor could be a needy boyfriend, and this could indicate that Knut is Dr. Nor and John is Knut's boyfriend, but there is no evidence to support this).

Dog

• Literally a dog
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2013, 01:51:22 PM »
I'm confused. What does this piece of art have to do with satellites?

Dr.Nor

• Yes, i am a guru
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2013, 02:01:39 PM »
I'm confused. What does this piece of art have to do with satellites?

This piece of art, or mix of science and art, shows how they work. Nothing more, nothing less.

Dog

• Literally a dog
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2013, 02:38:37 PM »
Oh ok.

Dr.Nor

• Yes, i am a guru
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2013, 02:54:29 PM »
Oh ok.

I am glad we cleared that out. Cheers.

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2013, 05:03:18 PM »
I don't get it, man.  Can you spell it out for me?  I can be kind of slow with science.    Is this explaining how satellites work, or why they wouldn't?  What's up?

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2013, 09:30:50 PM »
I don't get it, man.  Can you spell it out for me?  I can be kind of slow with science.    Is this explaining how satellites work, or why they wouldn't?  What's up?

Its nonsensical, don't panic

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2013, 10:28:56 PM »
After saving that behemoth of a gigantic oversized image to my computer so I could view it, instead of 1/4 at a time, all I can say is, Jack Nicholson approves.

Also, when will sceptimatic be along to state his absolute-100%-without a doubt-concrete certainty that this is how it works?

Dog

• Literally a dog
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2013, 12:16:49 AM »
I also await for our sceptimatic overlord to cast his unwavering opinion, that shortly becomes fact, unto this flat earth from the heavens.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2013, 06:57:23 AM »

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2013, 09:25:41 AM »

As a computer scientist, this is an absolutely ridiculous idea: it's an utter waste of resources, and a horrible design in general. What's so magical about this "ionosphere" that it would reflect radio waves but no other wave of energy, whilst maintaining the quality that it does? You do realize that the sun emits radio waves of the same frequency as those radio towers, right? This is why problems occur during the equinoxes.

"One effect of equinoctial periods is the temporary disruption of communications satellites. For all geostationary satellites, there are a few days around the equinox when the sun goes directly behind the satellite relative to Earth (i.e. within the beam-width of the ground-station antenna) for a short period each day. The Sun's immense power and broad radiation spectrum overload the Earth station's reception circuits with noise and, depending on antenna size and other factors, temporarily disrupt or degrade the circuit. The duration of those effects varies but can range from a few minutes to an hour." (Equinox from Wikipedia)

What this means is that either A. the ionosphere can be permeated by radio waves, thus making such a system completely ineffective as the waves would never bounce back to Earth, or B. the sun is within the ionosphere, causing countless disruptions to any radio frequency at any given moment within the year, as the sun's energy would be bounced around the sphere and would overpower any other transmitted signal.

This also would make no sense with ships transmitting, as they would need to remain perfectly still in order to properly direct any signals to a tower, otherwise the angle at which their transmission bounces off of a tower would completely miss their desired target and the signal would be lost. I'm still trying to figure out if these towers that you insinuate work the way they do are beaming more concentrated signals at a specific location, or if they're weaker signals that spread to a wider region.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2013, 10:11:07 AM »
Alone warrior:
You can have the radio on in your car at 80 mph right? ..You could also have the radio on in your car doing 80 mph before the invention of fake satellites, so what do you mean by the ships movement?

« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2013, 10:23:21 AM »
Alone warrior:
You can have the radio on in your car at 80 mph right? ..You could also have the radio on in your car doing 80 mph before the invention of fake satellites, so what do you mean by the ships movement?

That's because these are broadcast signals that can reach anyone within a small area. The problem with your diagram is that your ships supposedly send beamed signals to a spherical shell where the beam is then supposed to bounce off at the appropriate angle to be received by the targeted node. The farther away the "ionosphere" is from the ship, the more likely it is that even a slight unpredicted movement of the ship would cause the beam to miss by an upwards of several miles.

You also completely ignored the whole sun problem involving the "ionosphere".

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2013, 10:40:40 AM »
Alone warrior:

That's because these are broadcast signals that can reach anyone within a small area. The problem with your diagram is that your ships supposedly send beamed signals to a spherical shell where the beam is then supposed to bounce off at the appropriate angle to be received by the targeted node. The farther away the "ionosphere" is from the ship, the more likely it is that even a slight unpredicted movement of the ship would cause the beam to miss by an upwards of several miles.

I believe the sun is around the Ionosphere. Exactly where I don't know. Just the same as I don;t know how far up the Ionosphere is.
Oh and I don't need to be told that it's at a certain height because nobody actually knows.Yet you will  argue that you do.

« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2013, 11:10:31 AM »
Alone warrior:

I believe the sun is around the Ionosphere. Exactly where I don't know. Just the same as I don;t know how far up the Ionosphere is.
Oh and I don't need to be told that it's at a certain height because nobody actually knows.Yet you will  argue that you do.

The sun is either inside this sphere or outside it. If it's inside the sphere then there would be constant signal disruption due to the sun's rays hitting the receivers it's directly overhead, and from the energy being bounced off the sphere to the rest of the world. If it's outside the sphere then it isn't possible to bounce those radio waves off the sphere to send them to the rest of the world because the waves wouldn't encounter anything to bounce off of.

If you are unable to determine how far up the "ionosphere" is, then how are you able to accurately bounce signals off of it and to other parts of the world? The distance at which the sphere is from the transmitting point is directly related to the location where the signal will ultimately end up. Knowing the specific degree of curvature of the sphere is also required to know the angle with which the beam must be transmitted to accurately hit the receiving tower.

Also, if such a sphere with the reflective capabilities as the ionosphere existed, determining an estimated height of such a thing should be simple. They should be able to aim a transmitter directly upwards and make adjustments until it receives its own transmission, then time how long it takes for a signal to be transmitted and then received. Knowing that in a non-vacuum the speed of light is roughly 2/3 c (c = ~300 million meters/second), the total time for the signal to be transmitted and received can be divided by two and multiplied by 2/3 c to estimate how high up the sphere is.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2013, 12:05:29 PM »
Alone warrior:

The sun is either inside this sphere or outside it. If it's inside the sphere then there would be constant signal disruption due to the sun's rays hitting the receivers it's directly overhead, and from the energy being bounced off the sphere to the rest of the world. If it's outside the sphere then it isn't possible to bounce those radio waves off the sphere to send them to the rest of the world because the waves wouldn't encounter anything to bounce off of.

If you are unable to determine how far up the "ionosphere" is, then how are you able to accurately bounce signals off of it and to other parts of the world? The distance at which the sphere is from the transmitting point is directly related to the location where the signal will ultimately end up. Knowing the specific degree of curvature of the sphere is also required to know the angle with which the beam must be transmitted to accurately hit the receiving tower.

Also, if such a sphere with the reflective capabilities as the ionosphere existed, determining an estimated height of such a thing should be simple. They should be able to aim a transmitter directly upwards and make adjustments until it receives its own transmission, then time how long it takes for a signal to be transmitted and then received. Knowing that in a non-vacuum the speed of light is roughly 2/3 c (c = ~300 million meters/second), the total time for the signal to be transmitted and received can be divided by two and multiplied by 2/3 c to estimate how high up the sphere is.
I don't believe signals can go outside our protective layer, they just bounce off.
There is many many layers leading up to the top of our protective layer, which could be much larger than any 200 miles or so.
That's my belief anyway.
I'm not saying it's correct but it's my guess, just like a spinning wobbling bulging Earth is other peoples guesses.