Is it photoshopped?

• 23 Replies
Is it photoshopped?
« on: January 31, 2013, 11:34:25 AM »

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Doesn't look that way to me.
Eratosthenes figured this out already a long time ago. Why don't you duplicate his experiment and see for yourself.

?

JackASCII

• Bitches love me.
Re: Is it photoshopped?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 11:37:00 AM »
I've done better work.
Yes, quite.  No one would ever claim to be someone they're not in their profile name.

Beorn

• Flat Earth Editor
  • If I can't trust my eyes, what can I trust?
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 11:45:23 AM »
Looks flat.
Only one thing can save our future. Give Thork a BanHammer for Th*rksakes!

?

JackASCII

• Bitches love me.
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 11:46:45 AM »
Big time.
Yes, quite.  No one would ever claim to be someone they're not in their profile name.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 03:13:03 PM »
Spotlight sun.

Dr.Nor

• Yes, i am a guru
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 11:52:15 AM »
Yes, it is photoshopped.
Sir Th*rk is a sexy hero. And his voice is warm and husky like dark melted chocolate.

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2013, 12:17:10 PM »
look at these fools blindly screaming photoshop, give your head a shake

i guarantee none of you can point out a single blemish in the picture

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2013, 12:31:17 PM »
That's  because good photoshops don't have any blemishes.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Dr.Nor

• Yes, i am a guru
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2013, 01:04:56 PM »

reported for infringing statements

I can guarantee that you will not find a single point of the image I could not made ​​with photoshop.
Sir Th*rk is a sexy hero. And his voice is warm and husky like dark melted chocolate.

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2013, 02:54:33 AM »

reported for infringing statements

I can guarantee that you will not find a single point of the image I could not made ​​with photoshop.

I would like to see you try...

I'm pretty talented with photoshop and there is no way I could create something like this from scratch.

Compositing it yes, as long as I had existing imagery (taken from space). But as that is impossible in FE you will need to create it from pretty much nothing.

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2013, 02:56:42 AM »
I second this ^^^^ let's see it then. Unless your not telling us the truth that is.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2013, 03:31:21 AM »
Who said it had to be from scratch to be photoshopped? An expert can start from a vast number of images and have it end with something looking like that.

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2013, 03:40:41 AM »
Well maby he can do it your way then. He stated he could so we have asked him to prove it. I don't see what's wrong with that?

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2013, 03:50:54 AM »
Nor do I. However, if it was me making the statement, I would probably just find you a YouTube video of someone photoshopping something of similar difficulty. We all know that task is well within the skill set of someone, but it's a lot to ask that person to waste hours making an image for you when you'll never believe in a flat-earth anyway.

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2013, 06:03:13 AM »
Who said it had to be from scratch to be photoshopped? An expert can start from a vast number of images and have it end with something looking like that.

But where do these vast  number of images come from? Seeing as space travel and photography from this height is impossible in FE someone would have to start from scratch.

?

Nolhekh

• Animator
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2013, 08:00:58 AM »

But where do these vast  number of images come from? Seeing as space travel and photography from this height is impossible in FE someone would have to start from scratch.

There are warp tools in Photoshop.  making something flat look rounded isn't hard.

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2013, 10:33:28 AM »
I don't consider Photoshop to be as likely as a matte painting. Have you never seen Star Wars? Matte paintings abound. They are indistinguishable from reality.
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.
I am pompous, self-righteous, thin skinned, and smug.

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2013, 02:13:39 AM »
I don't consider Photoshop to be as likely as a matte painting. Have you never seen Star Wars? Matte paintings abound. They are indistinguishable from reality.

Really??

They are easily distinguishable to me.
Have you seen the Cassini images? These are not matte paintings.

Also every image ever taken from space, from Apollo to the ISS, these are all paintings?

What about everything taken by hubble?

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2013, 11:01:55 AM »

Really??

Also every image ever taken from space, from Apollo to the ISS, these are all paintings?

Nobody ever claimed they are all paintings. I claimed that image there is a painting.
Tell me, if a matte painting was indistinguishable from reality, how would you know you were looking at it? Your claim "they are easily distinguishable to me" is invalid, as you are unable to measure the quantity of matte paintings you don't notice.
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2013, 05:25:18 PM »

Um, error level analysis tells me it's a good, non shopped image.  I'm an amateur, though, so I could very well be wrong.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 05:26:56 PM by poser765 »

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2013, 08:11:38 AM »

Really??

Nobody ever claimed they are all paintings. I claimed that image there is a painting.
Tell me, if a matte painting was indistinguishable from reality, how would you know you were looking at it? Your claim "they are easily distinguishable to me" is invalid, as you are unable to measure the quantity of matte paintings you don't notice.

Saying "they are easily distinguishable to me" was my response to your ridiculous claims that matte paintings in star wars are indistinguishable from reality.

"Have you never seen Star Wars? Matte paintings abound. They are indistinguishable from reality."

Conker

• Official FES jerk / kneebiter
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2013, 08:25:01 AM »

Um, error level analysis tells me it's a good, non shopped image.  I'm an amateur, though, so I could very well be wrong.
Wow, I was doing that!
http://fotoforensics.com/analysis.php?id=2b5dfa08ee2996065293225509014699abd9d6e9.22044
Anyway, blue/red distortion shows use of Adobe software (not kidding). Interesting that it only appears on the bottomside part...
Also, the moon shouldn't be so sharp. There should be a bit more of a scale, not a pixel jump. So ShopD'

PS: It doesn't mean it has been deformed. Even more, it shows it isn't. But it has been treated with photoshop (probably leveled so the moon would be visible, balloon cams often get moist at worst times)
This is not a joke society.
Quote from: OpenedEyes
You shouldn't be allowed to talk on a free discussion forum.

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2013, 10:26:30 AM »

Really??

Saying "they are easily distinguishable to me" was my response to your ridiculous claims that matte paintings in star wars are indistinguishable from reality.

"Have you never seen Star Wars? Matte paintings abound. They are indistinguishable from reality."

And YOU are saying that every time a matte painting appears on screen during a Star Wars film, you spot it. You fail to understand my response to you - how do you know there aren't matte paintings you didn't spot? Do you know the actual number of paintings used in production and then make a tally of how many you spotted, and compare them? No. So it is impossible for you to tell if you looked at a matte painting and didn't think it was one. Because you'd look at the scene and go "that doesn't look like a matte painting so it can't be one." If X is the number of matte paintings in the film, and Y is the number of matte paintings you have spotted, then you are unable to determine whether X=Y because you don't know the value of X.

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2013, 10:35:19 AM »

Really??

And YOU are saying that every time a matte painting appears on screen during a Star Wars film, you spot it. You fail to understand my response to you - how do you know there aren't matte paintings you didn't spot? Do you know the actual number of paintings used in production and then make a tally of how many you spotted, and compare them? No. So it is impossible for you to tell if you looked at a matte painting and didn't think it was one. Because you'd look at the scene and go "that doesn't look like a matte painting so it can't be one." If X is the number of matte paintings in the film, and Y is the number of matte paintings you have spotted, then you are unable to determine whether X=Y because you don't know the value of X.

But that makes logical sense! And logic isn't allowed here, so you're clearly wrong and should just leave.