Physical Proof of the "Ice Rim?"

• 47 Replies
Physical Proof of the "Ice Rim?"
« on: January 22, 2013, 12:46:51 PM »
After spending some time on the FE Wiki, i have learned that at the edge of the flat earth, we are surrounded by the "ice rim".  People make these claims about it, yet i have never seen any physical proof (picture or video) of an ice wall.  people flying in airplanes have flown over large amounts of ice in Antarctica, and they flew over flat ice.  If you dont believe me, check this out for proof that there were flights to Antarctica.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_New_Zealand_Flight_901   Are there any pictures out there of a 150 foot wall of ice?  If such a wall existed, why not just climb or fly over it and go to the other side? or would we fall off?

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
Re: Physical Proof of the "Ice Rim?"
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 12:49:30 PM »
It is not a wall in the traditional sense.  It is a mountain range that happens to mostly be covered in ice.

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 12:59:15 PM »
Soooooo..... Why doesn't the FES raise up some funds and lead an expedition over these mountains?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 01:02:58 PM »
People have already been over the wall.  It has been documented that there is a lot of snow and ice on the other side, but not much else. 

?

Thork

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 01:04:39 PM »
Soooooo..... Why doesn't the FES raise up some funds and lead an expedition over these mountains?
Did you see what happened to the hollow earth guys that tried to raise money for an expedition? :o

http://www.voyagehollowearth.com/index.html

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 01:09:30 PM »
People have already been over the wall.  It has been documented that there is a lot of snow and ice on the other side, but not much else.

Okay, and if the mountains are supposed to be the edge of the world, and there is still regular snow on the other side, why do the FE'ers think that these mountains mark the end of the world?  And if you kept going, would you fall off  ???

Genius

• Professor of Geniustology
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 01:19:21 PM »

Here's some ice.
The earth is round because the space man said so.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013, 01:44:53 PM »

Okay, and if the mountains are supposed to be the edge of the world, and there is still regular snow on the other side, why do the FE'ers think that these mountains mark the end of the world?  And if you kept going, would you fall off  ???

No one said the ice wall is the end of the world.  However, a lot of people have never returned while trying to answer your question.

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2013, 02:42:40 PM »
the FAQ states the ice wall is there to hold back the oceans, but the rock beneath it does the job.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2013, 02:45:55 PM »
the FAQ states the ice wall is there to hold back the oceans, but the rock beneath it does the job.

Not entirely, no.  The ice stretches underwater for quite a bit.

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2013, 02:51:01 PM »

please provide evidence for this.   
I will provide evidence it is not. 
ice there is, but also plenty of rocky shoreline. this would render a wall of ice useless.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=S1n&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&q=rocky+antarctica+shoreline&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&bvm=bv.41248874,d.aWM&biw=1238&bih=541&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=hxf_UJD_KM3lqAHZ8YCADQ

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2013, 05:04:49 PM »
So the wall of ice is basically an unimportant landmark that may or may not be mountains and signifies basically to put it in simple terms "the edge of the wild" because beyond that we "never have explored".

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2013, 06:36:59 PM »
So the wall of ice is basically an unimportant landmark that may or may not be mountains and signifies basically to put it in simple terms "the edge of the wild" because beyond that we "never have explored".

The "ice wall" which at non uniform heights surrounds 2/3rds of Antarctica. But it in no way does it "hold back" the worlds oceans. If Antarctica is the rim, then the rock holds it back. 

Hopefully the new FAQ will reflect this.

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2013, 07:02:00 PM »
Ok, well the guy who said we live on a disc mr whatshisname said the ice wall was 150 feet tall.

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2013, 07:20:03 PM »
Ok, well the guy who said we live on a disc mr whatshisname said the ice wall was 150 feet tall.

i wish evidence was shown to prove this.

Dog

• Literally a dog
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2013, 08:00:33 PM »
This wall of which you speak is called Antarctica. Which is a continent. If you went over this 'wall' (some random mountain range in Antarctica I presume) of course you will reach more ice. And if you kept going you would reach water. And if you kept going you would reach more land...

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2013, 04:26:31 PM »

ice there is, but also plenty of rocky shoreline. this would render a wall of ice useless.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=S1n&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&q=rocky+antarctica+shoreline&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&bvm=bv.41248874,d.aWM&biw=1238&bih=541&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=hxf_UJD_KM3lqAHZ8YCADQ

I know there are rocky shorelines.  You're taking the term "ice wall" far too literally.

This wall of which you speak is called Antarctica. Which is a continent. If you went over this 'wall' (some random mountain range in Antarctica I presume) of course you will reach more ice. And if you kept going you would reach water. And if you kept going you would reach more land...

That is the RE position.  It is not ours.

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2013, 04:32:00 PM »

I know there are rocky shorelines.  You're taking the term "ice wall" far too literally.

If there is rocky shorlines, then the "ice wall" does not hold back the worlds oceans.
The rock beneath does.
And yes, I do not not take the term "ice wall" literally,
but the FAQ does.

Salviati

• What is my Personal Text?
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2013, 05:09:34 PM »
Either the ice wall circles the oceans or the oceans circle Antarctica.

Tertium non datur.

FE'ers must definitely make up their mind.
Q: Why do you think the Earth is round?
A: Look out the window!

SamAkaviri

• Let's explore....Today!
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2013, 07:56:21 PM »

Fellows, it is quite simple, really.   :'(

Within the holds of the Austrian National Archives housed in Salzburg lies the chronicles of Baron Zigmund Fardurpanz.  Baron Fardurpanz was an Austrian aristocrat of the late 18th century and one of the most prominent FE zealots of the, so to speak, 'dark ages' of FE theory.  Fardurpanz funded an expedition that left Venice in 1779, exited the Mediterranean via Gibraltar, and headed on a southerly course for the vast unknown.   :-* Fardurpanz's expedition hit the ice rim which surrounds the world around us on February 23rd, 1780.  After losing a considerable amount of personnel and equipment to a wild Bunjolu (native to the ice rim), Fardurpanz pushed onward, making it beyond the ice rim.  According to his findings, there is a narrow path of ice beyond this range, then nothing....infinite space!  ;D Thus proving the FE theory and also, don't go beyond the ice rim LOLLLOL!  :-B

If you have any further questions regarding the ice rim, please feel free to ask me!
Dr. Samuel H. Akaviri
University of the Advanced Sciences of Toronto
Stellar Physics Department

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2013, 09:29:03 PM »
If you believe in Antarctica, then you believe in the Ice Wall.  They are one and the same - the ceaseless icy desert within which humankind is hemmed.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

Dog

• Literally a dog
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2013, 10:01:43 PM »
If you believe in Antarctica, then you believe in the Ice Wall.  They are one and the same - the ceaseless icy desert within which humankind is hemmed.

Similar, yes. The same, no. Antarctica actually exists.

Dog

• Literally a dog
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2013, 10:05:59 PM »

I'd call it more of an undeniable fact than a position. This isn't politics. There is no debate. This is fact. Let's just go even more unscientific while we're at it and say invisible unicorns hold up the clouds, because f**k science.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2013, 10:08:28 PM »

Similar, yes. The same, no. Antarctica actually exists.

Existence is not a predicate.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

Foxy

• but it did happen
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2013, 10:19:07 PM »

No, because I believe Antarctica is a continent that does not surround the Earth.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 10:22:46 PM by Berstram Jones »

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2013, 10:38:08 PM »
Then you are merely mistaken about the nature of the Ice Wall, not about its existence.  You mistakenly believe that the Ice Wall is some sort of "Ice tower" or "Ice blob".  When you talk about Antarctica and I talk about the Ice Wall we are talking about the same referent.

Foxy

• but it did happen
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2013, 10:45:24 PM »
Then you are merely mistaken about the nature of the Ice Wall, not about its existence. You mistakenly believe that the Ice Wall is some sort of "Ice tower" or "Ice blob".  When you talk about Antarctica and I talk about the Ice Wall we are talking about the same referent.

Nope, I believe Antarctica is a continent. A continent that is mostly covered in ice. I understand that you believe Antarctica is the ice wall, but don't tell me what I believe.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2013, 10:53:34 PM »
Then you are merely mistaken about the nature of the Ice Wall, not about its existence. You mistakenly believe that the Ice Wall is some sort of "Ice tower" or "Ice blob".  When you talk about Antarctica and I talk about the Ice Wall we are talking about the same referent.

Nope, I believe Antarctica is a continent. A continent that is mostly covered in ice. I understand that you believe Antarctica is the ice wall, but don't tell me what I believe.

I believe that Antarctica is a continent, too, and that it's covered in ice. Our primary disagreement is about the topology of this Ice Wall, Antarctica. If I'm wrong in my characterisation of your topological beliefs about Antarctica, feel free to correct me, I am not trying to be rude but to build concensus and understanding.

Foxy

• but it did happen
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2013, 11:23:03 PM »
Indeed we are in agreement there. You aren't necessarily wrong about my personal beliefs about Antarctica, but I didn't want words to be put in my mouth. I did not know what you meant by the bolded sentence. I too am after understanding. I have been learning about various member's beliefs here about the ice wall, but I don't know much about yours specifically. Do you believe the ice wall actually acts as the edge of our Earth? Or do you believe that the Earth extends beyond the ice wall? Or do your beliefs differ from these?

« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2013, 06:12:28 AM »

Fellows, it is quite simple, really.   :'(

Within the holds of the Austrian National Archives housed in Salzburg lies the chronicles of Baron Zigmund Fardurpanz.  Baron Fardurpanz was an Austrian aristocrat of the late 18th century and one of the most prominent FE zealots of the, so to speak, 'dark ages' of FE theory.  Fardurpanz funded an expedition that left Venice in 1779, exited the Mediterranean via Gibraltar, and headed on a southerly course for the vast unknown.   :-* Fardurpanz's expedition hit the ice rim which surrounds the world around us on February 23rd, 1780.  After losing a considerable amount of personnel and equipment to a wild Bunjolu (native to the ice rim), Fardurpanz pushed onward, making it beyond the ice rim.  According to his findings, there is a narrow path of ice beyond this range, then nothing....infinite space!  ;D Thus proving the FE theory and also, don't go beyond the ice rim LOLLLOL!  :-B

If you have any further questions regarding the ice rim, please feel free to ask me!

I believe in infinite earth and yes there is infinite terrestrial world beyond Antarctica, how can there be nothing? This is not a likely scenerio, surely there are countless other habitable worlds beyond the Antarctic.
JJA voted for Pedro