Will someone do a time-lapse of approaching a city from water?

• 5 Replies
Will someone do a time-lapse of approaching a city from water?
« on: January 29, 2013, 03:07:39 PM »
Go-pros are amazzzzzing and I think someone should do a time-lapse sorta like this picture but obviously longer, of approaching a city from a boat.

I'm stuck on this island for 6 months so I can't do it.  I'm hoping someone that lives near Lake Michigan or Toronto or something...

Thanks!
Quote from: Heiwa
You are ignoring this user. Show me the post.

Re: Will someone do a time-lapse of approaching a city from water?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 05:39:00 PM »
I just noticed it seems part of what I wrote disappeared.  I wrote that I think it would be easy to discern between rising buildings or a wave obscuring the bottom of the buildings ("much like a nickel can obscure an elephant" as Tom Bishop would say).

I think this is #1 on feasible experiments.

Affordable - 10
Doable - 5 (must live or travel in the right location)
Skill level - Easy (Though it might take some skill to make it a smooth movie)

Equipment needed - Go pro camera preferred. Can do with a regular digital camera.  Tripod may be necessary. 

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 08:04:30 PM »
You're the one on the island, why don't you do it?
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 09:06:30 PM »
For one: I am not leaving the island for a while...

2: When I do leave it is by airplane. Rarely by ferry. (But if I do take a ferry I will try my best but...*)

3:*the geography of southeast Alaska does not allow for a good study of long distances by water because there are too many mountains in the way.  In other words, your horizon is constantly covered up by mountains.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 10:52:46 PM »
This would be an interesting experiment, FlatOrange.  Unfortunately, I now live, and have lived for the majority of my life, in river towns.  Most of the American flat-earthers I know of live in landlocked areas as well.  Perhaps you can appeal to the Australians, British Isles, or South African flat-earthers to preform this experiment.  Mind you though, this isn't some simple experiment.  It requires a bit of scheduling, planing, and money that may not be immediately apparent upon first glance.

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2013, 03:31:35 AM »
I just noticed it seems part of what I wrote disappeared.  I wrote that I think it would be easy to discern between rising buildings or a wave obscuring the bottom of the buildings ("much like a nickel can obscure an elephant" as Tom Bishop would say).

Tom Bishop's unlikely theory has been explained away already. Here's the explanation...
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php/topic,57031.msg1432041.html#msg1432041
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.
I am pompous, self-righteous, thin skinned, and smug.