live iss!

• 652 Replies

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
Re: live iss!
« Reply #570 on: February 10, 2013, 07:50:53 AM »
playing with lego is not working in construction.
Plying with lego would be construction. Anything you build, whether small or large, is construction.

Yeah it was Lego lol.
Don't feel shy because you play with lego. Some kids like you should just express yourself and forget what others think.

?

squevil

• Official Member
  • Im Telling On You
« Reply #571 on: February 10, 2013, 08:48:40 AM »
i construct rc cars and warhammer and the ripe age of 28, oh dont forget minecraft structures too XD minecraft aside, i just dont call it a job. i have no shame.

you should feel not shameful, erm whats the word? like a village idiot maybe?

your black sheep syndrome needs curing. only i dont think you will accept a cure.

hook up with some star gazers and look for yourself. if you see nothing you were right. however you can try and set a date where the ISS is being docked and you can actually see it. you may not believe it happens but what if you saw it? your ignorant debate style is tiresome.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #572 on: February 10, 2013, 08:54:21 AM »
i construct rc cars and warhammer and the ripe age of 28, oh dont forget minecraft structures too XD minecraft aside, i just dont call it a job. i have no shame.

your black sheep syndrome needs curing. only i dont think you will accept a cure.

hook up with some star gazers and look for yourself. if you see nothing you were right. however you can try and set a date where the ISS is being docked and you can actually see it. you may not believe it happens but what if you saw it? your ignorant debate style is tiresome.
I don't look on you as a village idiot, I just see you as a poster like everyone else. Don;t put yourself down man.

?

squevil

• Official Member
  • Im Telling On You
« Reply #573 on: February 10, 2013, 09:35:43 AM »
what?

« Reply #574 on: February 10, 2013, 09:37:15 AM »

I don't look on you as a village idiot, I just see you as a poster like everyone else. Don;t put yourself down man.

You can prove something is false/true if you haven't even taken the effort to view it for yourself. The fact that you choose to blindly accept that the ISS does not exist without actually attempting to view it shows that you're so confused in what to believe that you fear the ones who you fight so hard against are actually correct. If you want to argue a point against someone, don't argue without evidence. Your use of "logic" would never in the life of the world be seen as enough empirical evidence to support any claim. You allow emotion to cloud your thoughts and determine your beliefs more than you allow true logic.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #575 on: February 10, 2013, 09:49:47 AM »

You can prove something is false/true if you haven't even taken the effort to view it for yourself. The fact that you choose to blindly accept that the ISS does not exist without actually attempting to view it shows that you're so confused in what to believe that you fear the ones who you fight so hard against are actually correct. If you want to argue a point against someone, don't argue without evidence. Your use of "logic" would never in the life of the world be seen as enough empirical evidence to support any claim. You allow emotion to cloud your thoughts and determine your beliefs more than you allow true logic.
Have you viewed the earth, yourself from the space station?

« Reply #576 on: February 11, 2013, 06:02:17 PM »
29silhouette

« Reply #492 on: February 08, 2013, 07:12:59 PM »

In reply to your picture post, I don't think you have quite got what I mean.

In the pictures, tell me why there is one certain area lit up, whilst the rest is dull.
I assume you were trying to quote my post with the original non-edited Buzz Aldrin photo.  Quoting sure is tricky isn't it?

Look at the horizon in that picture.  It's pretty much evenly lit from side to side. 

Look at the shadow direction of all the rocks, depressions, etc.  They're all the same direction.

Is the ground 100% uniform?  No.  It's uneven with multiple surface textures being illuminated from an angle, with a camera that is viewing it from a varied angle.  The camera is viewing the ground at the steepest angle in the closer foreground, and the bright parts of that area look to be pretty much angled toward the sun, and therefore brighter.

It looks a lot more like a huge, distant light source than a small, close light source.

Here's the key.

You and others go into detail ,as many like you do..about focus, perspective, angles, shadows and such to explain something that should not even need to be explained ..and simply just accepted as fake.

We are dealing with the SUN...
I don't care about bad photo's, and any other crap about photo's...I'm simply telling you that it's the SUN shining onto the supposed moon and if so, it would not emit a spotlight  glow on the surface and leave everything else duller.
The surface would be lit up like a beacon, as we see from Earth.

The reason: If the Sun is nearly 1 million kilometres in diameter, then that moon at 2000 miles in diameter is getting a massive sun bath.
I don;t care about the old comebacks of, " oh but the sun isn't shining directly" because it's bull.
If you can see the sun, then that Sun is shining onto the moon. It isn't just deciding to shine a little light onto the moon from it's centre. It's shining it's full self onto every bit  of moon in it's oath of "wide" light.
You do comprehend a 1,392,684km diameter spherical sun 149,600,000km away from a 3,474km diameter spherical moon, and that the sunlight isn't going to be hitting at a 90 degree angle over the entire surface correct?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #577 on: February 19, 2013, 10:12:07 AM »
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 10:13:56 AM by sceptimatic »

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #578 on: February 19, 2013, 12:32:05 PM »
Weve gone from hugge launches to the space station with the shuttle and what not, on a supposed massive launch pad at Houston /kennedy etc with fixed cameras and all the trimming, this this piece of crap launch that stinks to high heaven of a model rocket and , "look", it's so hi tech, it's recorded on some bozo's bloody phone or small video cam, hundreds of metres away.
Does anybody feel that their intelligence is insulted with this crap?

Why in the hell does day turn into night?

#ws" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Chris Hadfield Launches to Space

« Reply #579 on: February 19, 2013, 01:37:44 PM »
Weve gone from hugge launches to the space station with the shuttle and what not, on a supposed massive launch pad at Houston /kennedy etc with fixed cameras and all the trimming, this this piece of crap launch that stinks to high heaven of a model rocket and , "look", it's so hi tech, it's recorded on some bozo's bloody phone or small video cam, hundreds of metres away.

#ws" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Chris Hadfield Launches to Space

If they're hundreds of meters away then their exact distance and a point of comparison is all that's needed to determine the actual size of the rocket. Note also the rate at which the rocket leaves the pad. If it were a model, the flames ejected from the engines wouldn't be nearly as large and wouldn't appear to be moving so slowly in comparison to #ws" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">this model rocket of the Saturn V.

Secondly, day doesn't turn into night; the lighting changes due to the focus of the bright flames ejected from the rocket, causing everything else surrounding it to appear darker. You can see this for yourself by going to your nearest lamp and taking a picture of the lit bulb. Everything else surrounding it will appear darker.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #580 on: February 19, 2013, 03:27:22 PM »

If they're hundreds of meters away then their exact distance and a point of comparison is all that's needed to determine the actual size of the rocket. Note also the rate at which the rocket leaves the pad. If it were a model, the flames ejected from the engines wouldn't be nearly as large and wouldn't appear to be moving so slowly in comparison to #ws" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">this model rocket of the Saturn V.

Secondly, day doesn't turn into night; the lighting changes due to the focus of the bright flames ejected from the rocket, causing everything else surrounding it to appear darker. You can see this for yourself by going to your nearest lamp and taking a picture of the lit bulb. Everything else surrounding it will appear darker.
Save it for some fool that believes your crap.

Dog

• Literally a dog
« Reply #581 on: February 19, 2013, 03:28:35 PM »

You totally just debunked his claims with your insightful position backed with evidence.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #582 on: February 19, 2013, 03:34:50 PM »

You totally just debunked his claims with your insightful position backed with evidence.
Come on sport. You can do better than that. ;D

Dog

• Literally a dog
« Reply #583 on: February 19, 2013, 03:44:19 PM »

Do better than what? Are you going to just completely avoid his claims with:

And then tell ME(the one who called you out on it) to do better?  ???

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #584 on: February 19, 2013, 03:47:03 PM »

YAWN.

« Reply #585 on: February 19, 2013, 05:49:21 PM »
It didn't.  Cameras, (video or still)) have a thing called auto exposure.

The camera senses the extra brightness, and decreases the exposure, which in turn makes the surrounding sky, etc, appear darker.

It takes an unbiased in depth critical analysis of all footage and pictures,
I guess this doesn't include the critical, yet basic, understanding of the process of capturing said footage.

« Reply #586 on: February 19, 2013, 06:02:56 PM »
Dude, not all round earthers are retarded like these ones in the videos. These ones are retard because they TRY TO ARGUE with people who think we live in a flat geocentric world. -just like me . Have you ever seen a Stephen Hawking video where he tries to prove that the earth is round? "OMG STEPHEN HAWKING DOESN'T DO IT BECAUSE HE KNOWS THE EARTH IS FLAT!" He is too smart for it, guys.

This must be trolling. Steven Hawking is too busy with his own work to be bothered to address a small group of people which do not impede his efforts in any way.

Dog

• Literally a dog
« Reply #587 on: February 19, 2013, 06:57:42 PM »

YAWN.

Alright, so I guess you have nothing to oppose the fact that these rockets are of actual size, meaning real rockets are observed being sent to space, meaning have been to space..... Hey that sounds like reality!  :D

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #588 on: February 20, 2013, 04:25:55 AM »

YAWN.

Alright, so I guess you have nothing to oppose the fact that these rockets are of actual size, meaning real rockets are observed being sent to space, meaning have been to space..... Hey that sounds like reality!  :D
The rockets are scale models and anyone who doesn't follow the official line of clap trap can see that they are scale models.

« Reply #589 on: February 20, 2013, 05:49:24 AM »
remember this video proving rockets are scale models skeptic? lol that was so funny.
" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">
and then i proved you to be a idiot you are by using the sound to show how far she is? so as it stands you are the only person on earth who thinks this and is yet to show us any evidence of your claim.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #590 on: February 20, 2013, 06:40:56 AM »
remember this video proving rockets are scale models skeptic? lol that was so funny.
" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">
and then i proved you to be a idiot you are by using the sound to show how far she is? so as it stands you are the only person on earth who thinks this and is yet to show us any evidence of your claim.
I'd guarantee you right now that if you ask 100 random people if that rocket looks like a scale model, more would say it is than those who said it was a real manned launch, there you go.
The circus bloke with the silly red nose is telling you all you need to know. It's simply a circus act and his smug face is enough on it's own, like going into space is fun...no danger blah blah blah.

That woman is stood hundreds of feet away from the scale rocket and everything about it and around it , looks scale.

« Reply #591 on: February 20, 2013, 06:55:36 AM »
she is aproximatly 1km away so it must be a preaty big model to be that big seen form a km away. almost as big as the real thing perhaps? lol

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #592 on: February 20, 2013, 06:56:24 AM »
she is aproximatly 1km away so it must be a preaty big model to be that big seen form a km away. almost as big as the real thing perhaps? lol
She's no more than a few hundred feet away.

« Reply #593 on: February 20, 2013, 07:01:46 AM »
do i realy need to explain this to you again? the engines ignite at the 2 second mark and we hear silence. then at the 5 second mark we finally hear the engine ignition. the rest is math. sound travels roughly 1030 meters or 1.03 km in 3 seconds at sea level. so yes she is a few hundred meters away. 1000 meters in fact.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #594 on: February 20, 2013, 07:09:21 AM »
do i realy need to explain this to you again? the engines ignite at the 2 second mark and we hear silence. then at the 5 second mark we finally hear the engine ignition. the rest is math. sound travels roughly 1030 meters or 1.03 km in 3 seconds at sea level. so yes she is a few hundred meters away. 1000 meters in fact.
The video is a manipulated fake man. The engine noise isn't from that stupid looking effigy that is purported to be a manned rocket.

« Reply #595 on: February 20, 2013, 07:15:02 AM »
The video is a manipulated fake man. The engine noise isn't from that stupid looking effigy that is purported to be a manned rocket.

so now you are saying that the video that is your evidence is in fact a fake?  ??? a interesting tactic to say the least. lol what next? the millions of people that have seen rocket launches are all being paid by NASA to say it looks real? once again you offer us no evidence just a statement backed up by opinion.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #596 on: February 20, 2013, 07:20:11 AM »

so now you are saying that the video that is your evidence is in fact a fake?  ??? a interesting tactic to say the least. lol what next? the millions of people that have seen rocket launches are all being paid by NASA to say it looks real? once again you offer us no evidence just a statement backed up by opinion.
Fake noise in the background yes.

Look at the start of the video, do you see a caravan?
Look further on in the video, a caravan appears.
Are you telling me you could see those caravan windows from 1 km away? Not to mention why it suddenly appeared anyway.
It's also amazing how this rocket takes off and not blasting any fire or smoke up against itself like other launches do.
Just sling a few floodlights in the desert, somehow get this rocket into the desert and bang, your away to the space station.

::)

« Reply #597 on: February 20, 2013, 07:54:59 AM »
I have also told you before why the Soyuz rocket dsnt creat the same effect as the American rockets generally do. They use a different fuel. The space shuttle used hydrogen and then oxygen obviously oxygen as the oxidiser. Now what do those 2 substances creat? Water hench the huge steam clouds created by the shuttle. The Soyuz uses kerosene and oxygen. Hence no steam cloud.  You say you look deep past all the bullshit to see the truth but you generaly seem to have no idea about even basic facts about the subject you are talkin about.
And caravan? I see no caravan. I see what appears to be a 1 story building which would indeed be the right size compared to the rocket. But like I have said before you have perposes used a photo with no recognisable reference points to scam to try prove your point. Try doing the same with a rocks launch with recognisable objects in so we can judge size and distance better.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #598 on: February 20, 2013, 08:03:06 AM »
I have also told you before why the Soyuz rocket dsnt creat the same effect as the American rockets generally do. They use a different fuel. The space shuttle used hydrogen and then oxygen obviously oxygen as the oxidiser. Now what do those 2 substances creat? Water hench the huge steam clouds created by the shuttle. The Soyuz uses kerosene and oxygen. Hence no steam cloud.  You say you look deep past all the bullshit to see the truth but you generaly seem to have no idea about even basic facts about the subject you are talkin about.
And caravan? I see no caravan. I see what appears to be a 1 story building which would indeed be the right size compared to the rocket. But like I have said before you have perposes used a photo with no recognisable reference points to scam to try prove your point. Try doing the same with a rocks launch with recognisable objects in so we can judge size and distance better.
Ok, you can have your one storey building. Would you like to explain to me how they managed to put this one story building in place while this lady was commentating on the rocket lift off and just after?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #599 on: February 20, 2013, 08:05:19 AM »