live iss!

• 652 Replies
Re: live iss!
« Reply #330 on: February 04, 2013, 02:05:21 AM »
That's funny becuse you actualy debunked yourself by posting a vid that proves you wrong once again. Almos like that time you posted the space shuttle vid that actualy proved you wrong. That was funny wasn't it. Any way. Explain to me what is happening to that girls hair at the point I showed then?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #331 on: February 04, 2013, 02:11:24 AM »
That's funny becuse you actualy debunked yourself by posting a vid that proves you wrong once again. Almos like that time you posted the space shuttle vid that actualy proved you wrong. That was funny wasn't it. Any way. Explain to me what is happening to that girls hair at the point I showed then?
Hair moving all over depending on the position of the girl, which is what you would expect. In the fake ISS, the hair is upright constantly no matter what.

« Reply #332 on: February 04, 2013, 02:15:04 AM »
So is the girl I showed. Her hair is upright relative to her through out her spin. Not flopping to the side like you insist it should.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #333 on: February 04, 2013, 02:17:59 AM »
So is the girl I showed. Her hair is upright relative to her through out her spin. Not flopping to the side like you insist it should.
Only because of her body movement. Once she moves again her hair changes, just like all the women in the video.

« Reply #334 on: February 04, 2013, 02:21:42 AM »
Well you just said it right their! Because of the way she is moving. She is moving more like the people we see on the iss. Not like the other giddy kids jumping about as fast as the can. Show me a iss vid of a girl on the iss moving about as fast as she can and as iraticly as the people you show on your vid.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #335 on: February 04, 2013, 02:25:33 AM »
Well you just said it right their! Because of the way she is moving. She is moving more like the people we see on the iss. Not like the other giddy kids jumping about as fast as the can. Show me a iss vid of a girl on the iss moving about as fast as she can and as iraticly as the people you show on your vid.
They aren't all moving about erratically, just sometimes.
You stick to your stance as I know you will. I'm rigid on my. It's a fake and other people will see that it's a fake ISS.

« Reply #336 on: February 04, 2013, 02:29:40 AM »
Nope just watched the film again and all people who's hair moves the way you describe it are moving iraticly and quickly. So not realy good evidence is it if you think about it? And I'm yet to see anyone else even on this site with the same beliefs as you. Must be a lonly world.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #337 on: February 04, 2013, 02:35:33 AM »
Nope just watched the film again and all people who's hair moves the way you describe it are moving iraticly and quickly. So not realy good evidence is it if you think about it? And I'm yet to see anyone else even on this site with the same beliefs as you. Must be a lonly world.
You would be surprised how many people in this world have similar beliefs to me.

?

Nolhekh

• Animator
« Reply #338 on: February 04, 2013, 07:34:36 AM »
I never said the hair was dirty.  The hair is a solid material.  Solid materals all have a degree of stiffness and elasticity in them.  Basic material science.  The girls on the plane have been in a 1g environment, so the hair's normal position is curved and parted, and probably have hair products in them.  The woman on the ISS has been sleeping in 0g and has had no gravity for a long time to keep the hair down, so it's adopted the upright position as normal.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #339 on: February 04, 2013, 08:33:07 AM »
I never said the hair was dirty.  The hair is a solid material.  Solid materals all have a degree of stiffness and elasticity in them.  Basic material science.  The girls on the plane have been in a 1g environment, so the hair's normal position is curved and parted, and probably have hair products in them.  The woman on the ISS has been sleeping in 0g and has had no gravity for a long time to keep the hair down, so it's adopted the upright position as normal.
It's only no gravity when it goes to fit a story, then it becomes micro gravity when needed.
Just give it up man, it's clear to ordinary people it's fake.

?

Nolhekh

• Animator
« Reply #340 on: February 04, 2013, 08:51:21 AM »
It's only no gravity when it goes to fit a story, then it becomes micro gravity when needed.
0g and microgravity are indistinguishable as far as I know.  Whatever its called, the name doesn't invalidate my argument.  I'm not going to give up because someone else tried to be pedantic at you.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #341 on: February 04, 2013, 09:00:44 AM »
0g and microgravity are indistinguishable as far as I know.  Whatever its called, the name doesn't invalidate my argument.  I'm not going to give up because someone else tried to be pedantic at you.
Carry on then but you know it's fake and you know that it makes no sense at all for her hair to act like it does.

?

Nolhekh

• Animator
« Reply #342 on: February 04, 2013, 09:51:56 AM »
Carry on then but you know it's fake and you know that it makes no sense at all for her hair to act like it does.
I just made sense of it.  What part didn't you understand about having stiffness and elasticity?  Why do you insist on ignoring basic aspects of material science?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #343 on: February 04, 2013, 10:09:20 AM »
I just made sense of it.  What part didn't you understand about having stiffness and elasticity?  Why do you insist on ignoring basic aspects of material science?
The very same reason you ignore blatant fakery.

?

Nolhekh

• Animator
« Reply #344 on: February 04, 2013, 10:10:25 AM »
I ignore it because I have reason to.  Reason that you haven't addressed yet.  Please do.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #345 on: February 04, 2013, 10:13:53 AM »
I ignore it because I have reason to.  Reason that you haven't addressed yet.  Please do.
Your elasticity is garbage and you know it.
If her hair was made of pipe cleaners, then I'd accept what you are saying.

?

Nolhekh

• Animator
« Reply #346 on: February 04, 2013, 10:15:09 AM »
Your elasticity is garbage and you know it.
If her hair was made of pipe cleaners, then I'd accept what you are saying.
Why is elasticity garbage?

Dr.Nor

• Yes, i am a guru
« Reply #347 on: February 04, 2013, 10:22:13 AM »
Always fun to see a bunch of RE's get the beating of a single Fe'r. Take a break sceptimatic, so they can get back on their feet.

Sir Th*rk is a sexy hero. And his voice is warm and husky like dark melted chocolate.

?

Nolhekh

• Animator
« Reply #348 on: February 04, 2013, 10:26:48 AM »
Always fun to see a bunch of RE's get the beating of a single Fe'r. Take a break sceptimatic, so they can get back on their feet.
His logic keeps taking him in circles.  This usually means it has no objective basis in reality.  I think he's the one who's feeling beaten.  I'm not afraid to chase him around his circles.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #349 on: February 04, 2013, 10:33:41 AM »
They keep telling me that the ISS cannot be a plane in the sky. They have seen it clearly and it's the ISS through their telescopes, regardless of it being a blob of light with the naked eye.

Anyway, I find this bit interesting.

According to NASA: "The space station looks like a fast-moving plane in the sky, though one with people living and working aboard it more than 200 miles above the ground. It is best viewed on clear nights. The space station is easy to see if you know where and when to look for it."

Well would you believe it.  ::)

« Reply #350 on: February 04, 2013, 10:52:34 AM »
Always fun to see a bunch of RE's get the beating of a single Fe'r.

Hardly.
Take a break sceptimatic, so they can get back on their feet.
Yes, take a break sceptimatic.  It must be exhausting after a while of holding your hands over your ears and shouting ,"LALALALALA I'M NOT LISTENING AND I'M GOING TO POST THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER EVEN THOUGH IT'S BEEN EXPLAINED."

They keep telling me that the ISS cannot be a plane in the sky. They have seen it clearly and it's the ISS through their telescopes, regardless of it being a blob of light with the naked eye.
Amazing how telescopes, binoculars, etc, allow one to see distant objects in greater detail isn't it?  Please tell us you understand this concept.

RealScientist

• Science does not care for Earth's shape
« Reply #351 on: February 04, 2013, 11:03:54 AM »
Don't forget that their hair (in the ISS) has grown at least 5 cm, and the hair follicles have grown accustomed to the hair not being pulled almost all the time in the same direction. By being left alone the hair follicles may have straightened, contributing to this strange behavior of the hair. Also, even though this hair washing agent is partially removed from the hair, some of it has to accumulate on the hair over time. Even though it is a lot better than having dirty hair for six months, it just can't be as good as a regular shampoo and conditioner. And she may have frizzed her hair just for the fun of it by creating some static electricity.

This whole hair argument is called anomaly hunting. If something looks strange you immediately denounce it as a fraud. If something looks normal, you denounce it as a fraud because everything should be strange in outer space. If some strange behavior is expected, you just declare that another strange behavior should have happened. If any kind of demonstration appears, you call it a cover up.

Dr.Nor

• Yes, i am a guru
« Reply #352 on: February 04, 2013, 11:04:37 AM »
LALALALALA I'M NOT LISTENING AND I'M GOING TO POST THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER EVEN THOUGH IT'S BEEN EXPLAINED.

We know. But please turn caps lock off.
Sir Th*rk is a sexy hero. And his voice is warm and husky like dark melted chocolate.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #353 on: February 04, 2013, 11:10:10 AM »
Always fun to see a bunch of RE's get the beating of a single Fe'r.

Hardly.
Take a break sceptimatic, so they can get back on their feet.
Yes, take a break sceptimatic.  It must be exhausting after a while of holding your hands over your ears and shouting ,"LALALALALA I'M NOT LISTENING AND I'M GOING TO POST THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER EVEN THOUGH IT'S BEEN EXPLAINED."

Amazing how telescopes, binoculars, etc, allow one to see distant objects in greater detail isn't it?  Please tell us you understand this concept.
Yes it is amazing how telescopes see distant objects in greater detail. Especially looking at a 200 mile high supposed space station and some actually being lucky enough to see a shuttle actually go to dock with it.

There's even some took of the Sun, obviously with welding goggle glass over the lens to capture, "luckily" the space station and the shuttle in front of the Sun.

Picture the scene.
Your out in your garden looking up at the clear blue sky that is drenched in immense sunlight.
You have a thought.
"I know, I'll stick a welding screen over my telescope just in case I catch the space station and maybe the chasing shuttle in front of the Sun."

As if by magic, there it is.
These space station captures can range from looking like a star wars fighter to a tri plane, to a glistening cigarette lighter , to a sweet packet.

Does anyone know how many satellites have been put into orbit since the amazing ball with antennas, Sputnik.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #354 on: February 04, 2013, 11:15:03 AM »
Don't forget that their hair (in the ISS) has grown at least 5 cm, and the hair follicles have grown accustomed to the hair not being pulled almost all the time in the same direction. By being left alone the hair follicles may have straightened, contributing to this strange behavior of the hair. Also, even though this hair washing agent is partially removed from the hair, some of it has to accumulate on the hair over time. Even though it is a lot better than having dirty hair for six months, it just can't be as good as a regular shampoo and conditioner. And she may have frizzed her hair just for the fun of it by creating some static electricity.

This whole hair argument is called anomaly hunting. If something looks strange you immediately denounce it as a fraud. If something looks normal, you denounce it as a fraud because everything should be strange in outer space. If some strange behavior is expected, you just declare that another strange behavior should have happened. If any kind of demonstration appears, you call it a cover up.
Well I'm glad you came in to put me right. And here's me thinking it was unnatural eh.

I never thought for a minute about the shampoo building up on her hair. It makes so much more sense now.
So, should I accept your answer or should I accept the elasticity answer I was given as to why it happens. It's confusing isn't it.
I know you want to help these fella's out , so at least come up with something a little bit more convincing.

RealScientist

• Science does not care for Earth's shape
« Reply #355 on: February 04, 2013, 11:47:56 AM »

Well I'm glad you came in to put me right. And here's me thinking it was unnatural eh.

I never thought for a minute about the shampoo building up on her hair. It makes so much more sense now.
So, should I accept your answer or should I accept the elasticity answer I was given as to why it happens. It's confusing isn't it.
I know you want to help these fella's out , so at least come up with something a little bit more convincing.
This fella is doing fine. But thank you for showing my point by saying we should be convincing, instead of coming up with some kind of evidence.

« Reply #356 on: February 04, 2013, 12:02:07 PM »
Yes it is amazing how telescopes see distant objects in greater detail. Especially looking at a 200 mile high supposed space station and some actually being lucky enough to see a shuttle actually go to dock with it.

There's even some took of the Sun, obviously with welding goggle glass over the lens to capture, "luckily" the space station and the shuttle in front of the Sun.

Picture the scene.
Your out in your garden looking up at the clear blue sky that is drenched in immense sunlight.
You have a thought.
"I know, I'll stick a welding screen over my telescope just in case I catch the space station and maybe the chasing shuttle in front of the Sun."

These space station captures can range from looking like a star wars fighter to a tri plane, to a glistening cigarette lighter , to a sweet packet.
There's no magic or luck involved.  (well, maybe some luck involving weather or convenience of timing or whatever)

"if you know where and when to look for it"  -This is a vital element in the process.  It takes preparation in knowing when and where it's passing overhead.  Here's a site that can be used to predict when it's passing overhead based on your location.   I don't know how many sites there are.  This is the first I found doing a quick search.
http://www.heavens-above.com/?lat=46.79254&lng=-122.77496&loc=Unspecified&alt=100&tz=UCT

Welding lenses only work for smaller objective lenses.  I've used them before with my compact binoculars for photographing the sun and posting the images here.  Dedicated sun filters for telescopes of various sizes can be easily found though.  I've been meaning to order one for my scope.

Also, yes, it's appearance will change depending on the viewing angle. 

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #357 on: February 04, 2013, 12:14:48 PM »

Picture the scene.
You have a thought.

There's no magic or luck involved.  (well, maybe some luck involving weather or convenience of timing or whatever)

"if you know where and when to look for it"  -This is a vital element in the process.  It takes preparation in knowing when and where it's passing overhead.  Here's a site that can be used to predict when it's passing overhead based on your location.   I don't know how many sites there are.  This is the first I found doing a quick search.
http://www.heavens-above.com/?lat=46.79254&lng=-122.77496&loc=Unspecified&alt=100&tz=UCT

Welding lenses only work for smaller objective lenses.  I've used them before with my compact binoculars for photographing the sun and posting the images here.  Dedicated sun filters for telescopes of various sizes can be easily found though.  I've been meaning to order one for my scope.

Also, yes, it's appearance will change depending on the viewing angle.
Apparently N..A.S.A will send you the co-ordinates if you give them your email address and they will email you when it's about to go over your house if you provide the details.

I think Pythagoras said that the space station will be live for 24 hours and you can view the Earth at any time with them.

Maybe have a try of it and see what you can see. That's not a dig by the way, I mean I believe it's all a load of old bullshit but you beg to differ so, here's the site, have a look, it may be helpful to you.
Ask Pythagoras for the details on the 24 hours thing if you're interested.

http://webstergroves.patch.com/articles/spot-the-international-space-station-with-nasa

Dog

• Literally a dog
« Reply #358 on: February 04, 2013, 06:12:54 PM »
Oh so elasticity doesn't exist now Scepi? Sounds legit.

« Reply #359 on: February 04, 2013, 06:54:58 PM »
scepi, you know nasa dont own the ISS right? and you no they dont have over all controle over it right? also the 24hour live cam is developed built and paid for by a private company and wont be flown up their by nasa. nasa will have no control or input into the business venture set up by the private company. nasa has no involvment in it.and where did you get the idea that you have to ask nasa for the location of the iss to look at it? all you need to do is find it once on your own then from that you can plot its course on your own. no need to ask nasa for its location at all. just find it once the use math to plot its orbit. remmeber that thing called math?