live iss!

• 652 Replies
Re: live iss!
« Reply #210 on: January 29, 2013, 09:43:07 AM »
If space doesnt exist, as you say, why cant the ISS be flying?

« Reply #211 on: January 29, 2013, 09:44:10 AM »
the difference it makes is that its generaly only edited fottage that shows and stars. I.E they have had the contrast played with to bring out the stars more and they are also time laps photography which we have explained before uses slower shutter speeds taken over long periods of time to take cool looking picturs and make them appear to be moving.
and the reason they dnt show us space on its own because belive it or not space is boring its empty and almost devoid of any matter what so ever. the most interesting thing to see to the average joe is the earth beneath seeing as very few people on earth have seen this. we have all seen stars. the stars are all the same as the ones we see on earth and cant be captured by a camera from within the station any way because of all the internal lighting.

i see you shut up about the moon suposedly not moving. lol. well i have done some math. so hear goes.
the film is say 3.30 long the moon is 250.000 miles away and the iss is traviling at 17.000 mph.
17.000 / 60 =283.33
283.33x3.3=951.489
so the iss travled aprox 951.489 miles during the clip. the distance to the moon is aprox 250.000 miles away. so can you figure out how much the moon should have appeard to move?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #212 on: January 29, 2013, 10:00:08 AM »
If space doesnt exist, as you say, why cant the ISS be flying?
Let's keep it to how the official sources have us believe, because let's face it, this is what the whole thing is about isn't it...the ISS orbiting a spherical earth at 17,000 mph.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #213 on: January 29, 2013, 10:14:17 AM »
the difference it makes is that its generaly only edited fottage that shows and stars. I.E they have had the contrast played with to bring out the stars more and they are also time laps photography which we have explained before uses slower shutter speeds taken over long periods of time to take cool looking picturs and make them appear to be moving.
and the reason they dnt show us space on its own because belive it or not space is boring its empty and almost devoid of any matter what so ever. the most interesting thing to see to the average joe is the earth beneath seeing as very few people on earth have seen this. we have all seen stars. the stars are all the same as the ones we see on earth and cant be captured by a camera from within the station any way because of all the internal lighting.

i see you shut up about the moon suposedly not moving. lol. well i have done some math. so hear goes.
the film is say 3.30 long the moon is 250.000 miles away and the iss is traviling at 17.000 mph.
17.000 / 60 =283.33
283.33x3.3=951.489
so the iss travled aprox 951.489 miles during the clip. the distance to the moon is aprox 250.000 miles away. so can you figure out how much the moon should have appeard to move?
Why can't they turn off the lights in the space station to view, or is it too hard for them to turn off the lights.

Is the ISS moving towards the moon or is it travelling in an easterly direction as we are told?

Also, why isn't the Earth rotating?

« Reply #214 on: January 29, 2013, 10:20:35 AM »
ths iss moves in a oribit around the earth. in the video you cant tell if the station movement is taking it away or towards to moon. and you can not see any defining features on the earth in the vid to see if it is moving or not. all in all you picked a pritty poor video to use as your example. as for the lights on ths iss, i have no idea what controle they have over the lighting but also dnt forget that wile the iss is in day light then you could not see the stars from the iss any way.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #215 on: January 29, 2013, 10:33:36 AM »
ths iss moves in a oribit around the earth. in the video you cant tell if the station movement is taking it away or towards to moon. and you can not see any defining features on the earth in the vid to see if it is moving or not. all in all you picked a pritty poor video to use as your example. as for the lights on ths iss, i have no idea what controle they have over the lighting but also dnt forget that wile the iss is in day light then you could not see the stars from the iss any way.
Pretty crap footage from those people with billion dollar tech isn't it.

Anyway, I've been crying with laughing at this one.
Not only is the road runner ISS whizzing by but some of the moon Aliens are trying to see it from their kitchen windows with the lights on. You would think they would turn off their lights wouldn't you.
#" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">International Space Station (ISS) crosses the moon
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 10:35:17 AM by sceptimatic »

« Reply #216 on: January 29, 2013, 10:41:36 AM »
although i cant say for sure but the fottage of the moon from the iss posted before looks to be from a hand held camera. so to be fair the quality was never going to be super hd. plus it depends on the quality settings used to upload it to you tube. it might be realy good quality in the origional. thats the problem with using you tube as your 100 perecnt source for evidence.

and you new video. whats wrong with it? the fottage is taken from earth using a telescope. we know because you can see the atmospheric distortion created by the atmosphere. and yes its moving fast. it moving at 17000ish mph. your point?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #217 on: January 29, 2013, 11:08:29 AM »
although i cant say for sure but the fottage of the moon from the iss posted before looks to be from a hand held camera. so to be fair the quality was never going to be super hd. plus it depends on the quality settings used to upload it to you tube. it might be realy good quality in the origional. thats the problem with using you tube as your 100 perecnt source for evidence.

and you new video. whats wrong with it? the fottage is taken from earth using a telescope. we know because you can see the atmospheric distortion created by the atmosphere. and yes its moving fast. it moving at 17000ish mph. your point?
Apart from it looking stupid, there's just one small thing wrong with it, or should I say large.

If the Moon was 10 miles in diameter, then fair enough, the ISS would look about right for size.
Is the moon 10 miles in diameter?

« Reply #218 on: January 29, 2013, 11:20:05 AM »
how did you come to that conclusion? can i see the math that tells you this?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #219 on: January 29, 2013, 11:22:59 AM »
You keep making me laugh. I expected this response. The math.

What kind of telescope takes a close up image of the moon and captures all of it?

« Reply #220 on: January 29, 2013, 11:30:17 AM »
all telescopes?  ??? have you taken your pills today? you know you need maths to work things out. not just logic. especialy your warped views on it. maths is everything. absolutly everything physical in the universe uses mate. so plzzz. explain why that video is worng?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #221 on: January 29, 2013, 11:32:22 AM »
all telescopes?  ??? have you taken your pills today? you know you need maths to work things out. not just logic. especialy your warped views on it. maths is everything. absolutly everything physical in the universe uses mate. so plzzz. explain why that video is worng?
So all telescopes can take a close up view of the moon and see the whole moon?

« Reply #222 on: January 29, 2013, 11:32:54 AM »
Sceptimatic, you remind me of the Terminator - cannot be bargained with, cannot be reasoned with, and absolutely will not stop.
All your arguments are "this can't be true because it's stupid" or "this person is a liar". That's all you've got.
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.
I am pompous, self-righteous, thin skinned, and smug.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #223 on: January 29, 2013, 11:40:28 AM »
Sceptimatic, you remind me of the Terminator - cannot be bargained with, cannot be reasoned with, and absolutely will not stop.
All your arguments are "this can't be true because it's stupid" or "this person is a liar". That's all you've got.
I want your clothes...your boots...and your motor cycle.  ;D

The issue here is, none of you can be bargained with either as you refute any anomalies and any evidence immediately, so what's the difference?

I happen to see fake screaming out of it all, yet explaining it all to people who are already drilled into rebutting it is not easy.

« Reply #224 on: January 29, 2013, 11:42:40 AM »
yes all telescopes can see the moon. depending on what magnification you use will change how much of the moon you see in your field of view. this telescope uses a magnification that makes it fill just the right amount of the view.

?

Sunaviel

• Student Pilot and a bit of a rebel
« Reply #225 on: January 29, 2013, 12:22:52 PM »
The first video is clever.
Put specks of dust on the lens so you can't make anything out, including the fact that they mimic stars,making the person assume there is stars.
They are stars.

When I said space, I said why don't they show space without the Earth, you know , like the opposite way to the earth.
Show me a video of this.
Why would they have footage of just stars? We've got access to that very view on every clear night.

The second video. you are correct, I'll never make head nor tail of that as it's just graphics depicting a complete load of crap really.
What I have noticed with you is that you reject and even go as far to stand against anything you just don't understand. Same I think applies for the vast majority of FE members. You might as well slap 'flat earther' on your head, because you're not smart enough for anything else. Reality is far far bigger and greater than you have ever imagined. You're vastly ignorant. Reality seems to be far beyond your comprehension.
The earth is round, it's a scientific fact. Get over it. The world is laughing at you.

« Reply #226 on: January 29, 2013, 12:28:41 PM »

The issue here is, none of you can be bargained with either as you refute any anomalies and any evidence immediately, so what's the difference?

I happen to see fake screaming out of it all, yet explaining it all to people who are already drilled into rebutting it is not easy.

We refute anomalies? What anomalies do we refute?
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.

Foxy

• but it did happen
« Reply #227 on: January 29, 2013, 01:12:06 PM »
You believe you have the upper hand because you are one part of a huge mass of people. Well you don't have it with me.

I'll say this once again.
I've posted evidence that it's fake by water bubbles in their supposed space walks and various cuts in filming and there's the fact that it cannot orbit the Earth anyway as the Earth is not a sphere.

I've looked at the night sky with a telescope but never looked for a fake ISS for obvious reasons.
Whatever you people see up there is there because you have been directed to look in that area by a website.
What you see up there is made into a space station because you want it to be a space station, yet it's either a blimp, high flying aircraft or something like that, or it's a moving comet or something like that.

People who have observed the so called ISS, describe it as a ball of light.

There you have it. You've never looked for it. You admit it, then follow up with some assumptions. There are photos and videos that you've been presented that show it in more detail. Of course a lot of people see it as a ball or speck, do you not realize how far away it is? How can you say all this after you admit you've never even looked for it? How can you call people who've claimed to have seen it liars when you've never tried for yourself?

Dog

• Literally a dog
« Reply #228 on: January 29, 2013, 02:19:06 PM »
You keep making me laugh. I expected this response. The math.

What kind of telescope takes a close up image of the moon and captures all of it?

Lol math haha so stupid lol math, not like it's essential to measuring anything and everything lol......................... oh wait

And all telescopes. Get on with your point. You take forever just getting up to the point of evidence, and then you don't even give any and call us all liars anyways.

We've given you point after point of evidence, your turn.

« Reply #229 on: January 29, 2013, 05:05:41 PM »
This is intriguing. The fundamental question now is why does Skepi not believe that all telescopes that have the capacity are able to view the whole of the moon?  My own telescope is a celestron 60lcm which is able to capture the whole moon in quite some detail (with a filter). I shot back some months ago with shock when the ISS flew over the moon in my eyepiece. I immediately got my binoculars out and tracked it across the sky.

I might add that the shock was not to do with me disbelieving it, but more to do with the shock in a change in the image I saw.

What i saw was EXACTLY the same as is pictured above. 

Wolf

• Flat Earth non-believer
« Reply #230 on: January 29, 2013, 10:32:28 PM »
This is intriguing. The fundamental question now is why does Skepi not believe that all telescopes that have the capacity are able to view the whole of the moon?  My own telescope is a celestron 60lcm which is able to capture the whole moon in quite some detail (with a filter). I shot back some months ago with shock when the ISS flew over the moon in my eyepiece. I immediately got my binoculars out and tracked it across the sky.

I might add that the shock was not to do with me disbelieving it, but more to do with the shock in a change in the image I saw.

I have a Orion XT8 (wow). Had a 4.5" KWay before that (actually, it was a really impressive scope!). Both are able to resolve the whole moon in the field of view, or in the center of the field of view, or to fill the field of view with just a piece of the moon. No problem. With the 4.5" I was resolving some dim stars and ISS passed through my field of view. It's quite a "wow" moment! With the 8" I followed ISS for as long as I could (this wasn't super easy, but also not difficult once you're locked on).

ISS FTW!

Here's a photo I took of the moon. Samsung point and shoot camera through my Orion XT8 with the Orion Sirius Plossl 25mm eyepiece.
lol - they actually believe the earth is flat!

Dog

• Literally a dog
« Reply #231 on: January 29, 2013, 11:27:40 PM »
#" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Earth and Moon from the ISS
This is a video that proves this isn't took aboard a space station in space.
Did N.A.S.A forget the space station is supposedly travelling around earth at 17,000 mph, yet the moon stays still?
The earth isn't moving either. I thought it would appear to move as it's supposed to be rotating at over 1000 mph and add to that the ISS at 17,000 mph, yet here we are, a still earth and a moon that you can video.

::)

Please use some common sense, as you always claim to use it. The earth is ENOURMOUS, and the moon is hundreds of thousands of miles away.

Earth's circumference: 24,901 miles
Earth's rotation speed: 1070mph
Video length: 3:30

(1070/60) * 3.5 = 62.3 miles, 62.3 miles = .25% of 24901, 100/.25 = 400, 360/400 = .9 degrees

That means the earth has rotated less than 1 degree in that video...
And the ISS orbits in the same direction the earth rotates 200 miles away(an airplane just a FEW miles away seems to be crawling), sooooooo use your logic for that grainy footage with no distinguishable landmarks.

And if you claim the ISS that I saw in the sky was a blimp or something, then I guess we have blimps in space. Because my telescope was focused to space, not dirigible operating levels.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 12:05:25 AM by Dog »

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #232 on: January 30, 2013, 01:34:24 AM »
yes all telescopes can see the moon. depending on what magnification you use will change how much of the moon you see in your field of view. this telescope uses a magnification that makes it fill just the right amount of the view.
I don't dispute all telescopes seeing the moon. I am asking if it's possible to see a close up of the moon and still see the "whole" moon.

For instance:
If there was a 50 foot ball up my street 500 metres away, with the word moon in 2 inch letters written in the middle of it and I looked at it, I would see the 50 foot ball as  a whole, yet I wouldn't be able to read what it says.
If I get my telescope out and zoom in on it, I will be able to read the letters, yet because I've zoomed in, I'm only going to see in the middle part of the ball where the word is and not the whole ball, unless I had a super wide lens telescope.

This is how I perceive it. Can anyone who has a telescope try this out on focussing on the full moon to see if my thinking is right or wrong on this.
I'd prefer someone independent and unbiased to do this.
I only have a cheap crap telescope and it won't let me see a full moon, just a section.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #233 on: January 30, 2013, 01:46:51 AM »
The first video is clever.
Put specks of dust on the lens so you can't make anything out, including the fact that they mimic stars,making the person assume there is stars.
They are stars.
No they aren't, they are specks of dust.

When I said space, I said why don't they show space without the Earth, you know , like the opposite way to the earth.
Show me a video of this.
Why would they have footage of just stars? We've got access to that very view on every clear night.
Yes, why indeed, I mean they're only stars aren't they and who would want to look at stars in space and show the world the view. Absolute crap. ::)

The second video. you are correct, I'll never make head nor tail of that as it's just graphics depicting a complete load of crap really.
What I have noticed with you is that you reject and even go as far to stand against anything you just don't understand. Same I think applies for the vast majority of FE members. You might as well slap 'flat earther' on your head, because you're not smart enough for anything else. Reality is far far bigger and greater than you have ever imagined. You're vastly ignorant. Reality seems to be far beyond your comprehension.
There's trillions of things I don't understand, just the same as you, yet I'm delving into stuff and asking questions and posing them. I'm doing this, because I mistrust a lot of what main stream scientists have led me to accept and believe unconditionally.All I ever get from many people who accept the official version of things is, " it's correct, the math works" yet fail to understand that the theory of anything told to us can be made so that the math fits. What those scientists have as an ally is the sceptical scientists or just people who see faults in some workings, so it gets pointed out..but in doing so, it gives those at the top, the time to alter the theory.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #234 on: January 30, 2013, 01:52:29 AM »

Any and every.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #235 on: January 30, 2013, 02:01:17 AM »
You believe you have the upper hand because you are one part of a huge mass of people. Well you don't have it with me.

I'll say this once again.
I've posted evidence that it's fake by water bubbles in their supposed space walks and various cuts in filming and there's the fact that it cannot orbit the Earth anyway as the Earth is not a sphere.

I've looked at the night sky with a telescope but never looked for a fake ISS for obvious reasons.
Whatever you people see up there is there because you have been directed to look in that area by a website.
What you see up there is made into a space station because you want it to be a space station, yet it's either a blimp, high flying aircraft or something like that, or it's a moving comet or something like that.

People who have observed the so called ISS, describe it as a ball of light.

There you have it. You've never looked for it. You admit it, then follow up with some assumptions. There are photos and videos that you've been presented that show it in more detail. Of course a lot of people see it as a ball or speck, do you not realize how far away it is? How can you say all this after you admit you've never even looked for it? How can you call people who've claimed to have seen it liars when you've never tried for yourself?
I'll make this clear so you understand. I can tell a liar when I see one or many and all I ever see in this space crap are liars and bad actors.

I can also observe footage and see how fake it looks. Now if one or two pieces of footage looked a bit fake, I wouldn't put too much emphasis on it, yet when I see scores upon scores of dodgy footage, I become sceptical.

I laugh when people come on here saying" my god, go and look, you can see it with your naked eye, or binoculars or a cheap telescope, have a look, it's there"...it makes me laugh because the next scenario comes with others saying, " yes you can see it but to see it properly you need a decent telescope that can track it" and blah blah blah, then they will stick up a photo and proclaim that this is what they took and were lucky to get as it's not easy to capture it like this.

What do I see in all the so called amateur photos?
Blurred images of something shaped like an ISS that could easily be anything. The laughable part is the sunlight shining off of these images.

I may not be any super scientist but I can think for myself and am not swayed by bullshit either.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #236 on: January 30, 2013, 02:06:35 AM »

It's about close focus, not about viewing the whole of the moon.

Look at the picture put up of the moon.
This is supposedly a close up picture of the moon, meaning , if the moon is 250,000 miles away, then this zoom in, is thousands upon thousands of miles towards it, otherwise you wouldn't have the detail.

Look at the supposed ISS flying by and tell me how that can be focused at that size against the moon when the telescope is zoomed in like that. It's impossible, when you bear in mind that the supposed ISS is only supposed to be 200 plus miles up.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #237 on: January 30, 2013, 02:08:44 AM »

I have a Orion XT8 (wow). Had a 4.5" KWay before that (actually, it was a really impressive scope!). Both are able to resolve the whole moon in the field of view, or in the center of the field of view, or to fill the field of view with just a piece of the moon. No problem. With the 4.5" I was resolving some dim stars and ISS passed through my field of view. It's quite a "wow" moment! With the 8" I followed ISS for as long as I could (this wasn't super easy, but also not difficult once you're locked on).

ISS FTW!

Here's a photo I took of the moon. Samsung point and shoot camera through my Orion XT8 with the Orion Sirius Plossl 25mm eyepiece.

When did you take this picture?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #238 on: January 30, 2013, 02:10:12 AM »
#" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Earth and Moon from the ISS
This is a video that proves this isn't took aboard a space station in space.
Did N.A.S.A forget the space station is supposedly travelling around earth at 17,000 mph, yet the moon stays still?
The earth isn't moving either. I thought it would appear to move as it's supposed to be rotating at over 1000 mph and add to that the ISS at 17,000 mph, yet here we are, a still earth and a moon that you can video.

::)

Please use some common sense, as you always claim to use it. The earth is ENOURMOUS, and the moon is hundreds of thousands of miles away.

Earth's circumference: 24,901 miles
Earth's rotation speed: 1070mph
Video length: 3:30

(1070/60) * 3.5 = 62.3 miles, 62.3 miles = .25% of 24901, 100/.25 = 400, 360/400 = .9 degrees

That means the earth has rotated less than 1 degree in that video...
And the ISS orbits in the same direction the earth rotates 200 miles away(an airplane just a FEW miles away seems to be crawling), sooooooo use your logic for that grainy footage with no distinguishable landmarks.

And if you claim the ISS that I saw in the sky was a blimp or something, then I guess we have blimps in space. Because my telescope was focused to space, not dirigible operating levels.
How about factoring in a 17,000 supposed mph space station into that.

« Reply #239 on: January 30, 2013, 03:17:32 AM »

Any and every.

Name one. A specific one.