'Ranks'

• 35 Replies
?

Thork

Re: 'Ranks'
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2013, 03:18:52 PM »
For the record, I didn't report him.   :-\

As for talking about reports I merely mentioned that he abuses the report function (which he does) and he got extremely defensive and rude. It was then I mentioned I knew he'd been reporting me. Which of course I do. But whatever will be will be.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 03:22:34 PM by Thork »

Beorn

• Flat Earth Editor
  • If I can't trust my eyes, what can I trust?
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2013, 03:20:38 PM »
Is it time for the "Thork crossed the line - part III" alread? I though we would have had to wait for that a bit longer.
Only one thing can save our future. Give Thork a BanHammer for Th*rksakes!

« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2013, 04:21:29 PM »
I don't like how Thonk has one more square than me. Wouldn't it be more appropriate for "curators" to have two squares?

Can I have a triangle (a blue one if possible)?
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.
I am pompous, self-righteous, thin skinned, and smug.

« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2013, 04:34:12 PM »
I don't get e-mails or PMs or any of that.   :'(

see, look at this stuff^^^

count yourself lucky.
true wisdom is always concise

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2013, 06:48:09 PM »
Yeah, there's no need to go on about it so much Thork, but beyond that I don't think you've done anything wrong. Yes, reports are a discreet way for users to draw attention to perceived infractions, but the overuse/abuse of the report function is against the rules, and we are publicly accountable for the rules, either through the often lamentably out of date "These people make me want to rant angrily" thread, or this board in general.

If one of the regulars were banned for misuse of the report function, you guys would without doubt (and perhaps justifiably) want to know the details. If it were confidential, we couldn't talk about it. As that would be a dumb situation, it isn't confidential as far as I'm concerned.

Information we have access to that is a necessary (or at least direct) consequence of using this site at all should remain confidential. I'm thinking email addresses, IP addresses, etc. But actions for which you can be held accountable for under the rules are not. Private messages may be private, but if someone spams other members with explicit PMs, we're going to inform the other members of that if they query the resulting ban.

And Thork: In all seriousness, my advice is to set up an email address dedicated to FES, and adjust your notification settings accordingly. There is no point getting a notification about a report when you're in a bar with some friends at midnight.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 10:09:50 PM by Lord Wilmore »
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

Beorn

• Flat Earth Editor
  • If I can't trust my eyes, what can I trust?
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2013, 11:36:41 PM »
There is no point getting a notification about a report when you're in a bar with some friends at midnight.

This is preposterous. With all the money you mods and janitors get from the t-shirt sale I would expect you to go home immediately and do something about it >:(
Only one thing can save our future. Give Thork a BanHammer for Th*rksakes!