one face?

• 15 Replies
one face?
« on: January 10, 2013, 06:17:30 AM »
why do we only ever see one face of the moon on a flat earth? the face should change as is travels over the earth at 2900 miles altitude? but by using observations we can see that it dosent? we only ever see the same face give or take a tiny percentage on all sides.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 06:21:07 AM by Pythagoras »

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
Re: one face?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 06:25:41 AM »
why do we only ever see one face of the moon on a flat earth? the face should change as is travels over the earth at 2900 miles altitude? but by using observations we can see that it dosent? we only ever see the same face give or take a tiny percentage on all sides.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Are you saying that the moon is a disk?

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 06:38:52 AM »
no the moon is a sphere. what im saying it that if it was 2900 miles away standing on one side of the earth you would see a different face to the person standing on the other side. plus as the moon passed over head the face would change. it dosent as we can observe ourselves we must conclude the moon is further away by quite some distance than 2900 miles.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 06:46:46 AM »
no the moon is a sphere. what im saying it that if it was 2900 miles away standing on one side of the earth you would see a different face to the person standing on the other side. plus as the moon passed over head the face would change. it dosent as we can observe ourselves we must conclude the moon is further away by quite some distance than 2900 miles.

I think a flat moon would give the same affect that you are describing.

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 06:52:34 AM »
but that dosent work either. because we can see a different face. as the moon orbits around the earth and it orbits on its axis we can see slightly different parts of the moon just look at the picture i posted.

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 07:05:59 AM »

I think a flat moon would give the same affect that you are describing.

Wouldn't a flat moon take on an elliptical shape to anyone not observing it head on.
I'd like to agree with you but then we'd both be wrong!

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2013, 07:23:36 AM »
yes a very good point. you could see the flat edges side on. which of course we don't.

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2013, 01:50:42 PM »
so no one going to explain why we only see on face? considering how fundermental something like that is then FE should have an anserw.

Foxy

• but it did happen
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2013, 02:14:59 PM »
They can't.

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2013, 02:22:35 PM »
i know that thats why i keep on bringing it up i thinks its adorable. ;D lol

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2013, 07:37:16 PM »
why do we only ever see one face of the moon on a flat earth?

we can see a different face.

???

Anyway, the effect known as 'libration' is caused by cyclical patterns on the Moon, considered by some to be bioluminescent or meteorological in nature.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2013, 02:06:35 AM »
Their is no need to act quite so confused. It's simple realy. Although most people think we only see the same part of the moon that's not technically true. It changes by a tiny fraction just not that much. Care to go into any depth on those two wonderfully simple explanations?

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2013, 11:12:43 PM »
Their is no need to act quite so confused.

To be more accurate, there is no need for you to post in such a confused fashion. Either the Moon presents one face, or it presents different faces. You cannot expect to post two such mutually exclusive statements and not have them queried.

It's simple realy. Although most people think we only see the same part of the moon that's not technically true. It changes by a tiny fraction just not that much. Care to go into any depth on those two wonderfully simple explanations?

It's simple really. Although people claim to see different parts of the same spherical Moon, in fact the luminescence of the Moon's surface simply shifts.

Care to go into any depth on that half-hearted explanation? You know, "It changes by a tiny fraction just not that much"? What kind of explanation is that?
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2013, 03:15:54 AM »
The luminescence shifts? So we can still se almost adsactly the same image constantly? Not sure how that's supposed to work ???

And my explanation? It's simple the moons apparent rotations shifts slightly over the month as it rotates around the earth making small sections on all sides visible that aren't always just look at my picture. And do a bit o reaserch on the net.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2013, 10:12:18 PM »
The luminescence is cyclical. Cyclicality is not unusual in nature.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2013, 06:39:03 AM »
It is to that degree of precision.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.