A Belated Introduction (Of Sorts)

• 6 Replies

Xenos2112

• Heaven cannot brook two suns nor earth two masters
A Belated Introduction (Of Sorts)
« on: January 27, 2016, 05:23:40 PM »
Hello All,
Name's Xenos.  People call me Xenos, Z, or X.  I answer to all of the above.  I consider myself to be a man of science, and have recently started a hobby study of astrophysics.  I have NO degrees in any related fields (simulation and game design MIGHT count, but it's geared towards developing vidya games), but find the subject FASCINATING.  Particularly black holes.  Love 'em (although I don't think an event horizon exists--a theory I've been speculating on since the early 2000's).

Let's see...  A bit about me--I'm fairly well traveled for a man of my limited time shuffling around this mortal coil, have lived in 4 different countries, and been to more than a dozen (residencies include the US, Sudan, Jordan, and Czech Republic, a few of the countries I've been to include the aforementioned (obviously), as well as Egypt, Germany, Poland, Slovakia, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Israel...  hell, most of the Arab world...).  I speak only one language, English (unless you count sarcasm, "sailor," and Pig-Latin), as my head for linguistics is somewhat...  Limited.  After 7+ years of study, I can get through Arabic Greetings, and hit on pretty girls.

I'm married, have a kid, play music, play vidya games (particular interest in RTS games (Age of Empires, Age of Kings, Age of Mythology, basically anything by Ensemble Studios) and FPS games like Goldeneye 64, Halo: Reach, and Postal 2), enjoy western movies (Tom Selleck is a personal favorite actor), sci-fi (Star Wars VII was good but not EXCELLENT), and fantasy (Lord of the Rings was about as good as I'm going to get in my lifetime).  My favorite movie is Bunraku.  Favorite band is Coheed & Cambria, LOVE their album The Second Stage Turbine Blade.  After that'd I'd say Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Book One: From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness (yes, that's the full title of the album).  I love prog rock, metal, jazz, and classic rock (like Kansas, Boston, Styx (pre 1978), REO Speedwagon, .38 Special, Black Sabbath, et al.).

Alexander III of Macedon is probably one of my favorite historical figures (if the profile picture, personal text, and signature didn't give that away).  Classical Greek philosophy is another area I've recently started studying, as well as some of their classical science, in an attempt to better understand Flat Earth Hypothesis.

So far, it's not making any sense.

But hey!  That's why I'm here, with an open mind, and an open bottle of Jack Daniels No. 7 Tennessee Sippin' Whiskey!

Respect to all friends, confusion to all enemies,
~Xenos, Stranger in a Strange Land
There is nothing impossible to him who will try.

I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion.

Alexander III of Macedon, Emperor of the Known World, 336-323 BC

Jack

• Administrator
Re: A Belated Introduction (Of Sorts)
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 05:59:53 PM »
Hello, Xenos2112. Welcome to the Flat Earth Society forums! I enjoy playing FPS games too.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 01:25:17 AM »
Welcome to the FES.  I hope you enjoy your stay here and I hope you keep an open mind. 

Xenos2112

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 01:41:28 AM »
Welcome to the FES.  I hope you enjoy your stay here and I hope you keep an open mind.

So far I've kept and open mind and answered questions to the best of my ability with science, and all it's earned me are strawman arguments, being called indoctrinated, a clone, and closed minded.  I was also told by one user that being Academically inclined was bad, and was contagious, and rather'n try and look the info up themselves, dismiss it out of hand so they don't "get infected."  Not off to a rip-roaring good start, I must say.

If I'd entered into debates like that in High School, my team would have been barred.

Still, I'm happy to look at any proofs put forward.

Regards,
~Xenos, a Stranger in a Strange Land

I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 02:17:58 AM »
You are welcome to use our Angry Ranting Forum anytime you feel the need to vent.  The rules down there are very lax. 

Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is a globe, DUH! prove its not
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2016, 11:37:35 AM »
I think I welcomed you somewhere else but in case I didn't I welcome you here. Shalom.
The Bible doesn't support a flat earth.

Scripture, facts, science, stats, and logic is how I argue.

Xenos2112

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2016, 06:11:13 PM »
I think I welcomed you somewhere else but in case I didn't I welcome you here. Shalom.

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahma tullahi Wa Barakatuh, friend.  And well met indeed!  (Yes, I'm aware you greeted me in Hebrew and I responded in Arabic)

You are welcome to use our Angry Ranting Forum anytime you feel the need to vent.  The rules down there are very lax. 

I may yet indeed.  I may yet indeed.  Hasn't got to that point yet, but in my previous forum experiences, whenever there's a "GAH!" type thread, I tend to end up lighting it up--not always because forum users, usually because of work or idiots I deal with on a day to day basis.  But yes, I may avail myself of that pressure switch if in fact it comes to it.  Which it may.